Star Wars Xbox360 Kinect bundle $300 YMMV @ Kmart

bmsdaddy

CAGiversary!
My wife and I stopped into the Oakdale, MN Kmart to return an item and took a quick look through the video games. We were very surprised to see an Xbox 360 Star Wars Kinect bundle on clearance for $300. They only had one and we scooped it up. Our 10 year old will flip when he comes home from grandpa's house tomorrow. I wanted to attach a picture, but I cannot attach one here; there is a picture in my profile album though.

wish my local kmarts, here in western washington, would ever have anything decent on clearance. they are some stingy fu@ker$. the clearance titles they do have are old, undesirable, or still severely overpriced.

Still, kudos on your find!

I had no trouble price matching this at Best Buy.

To aid others in their PM quest:

Tag Close Up
Box View

I was not the first person to ask my particular Best Buy to price match. The manager said someone else had come in earlier in the day and done the same price match, and just told the cashier how to ring me up. Since the Best Buy I was at was out of stock, the did an online order and shipped it to my house for free.

It may have helped that both Kmarts in town had them in stock when I requested the price match, but when I bought it, they did not call to verify stock.

Grabbed the last one at my local K-Mart, thanks for the heads up OP.

FWIW: This was in Cheektowaga, NY, so presumably it's a nationwide clearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Montgomery, IL had one left after I picked up one. Checked online and showed 399 but was marked 300 on package. Naperville, IL store didn't show any in stock online.

I have 4 Kmart's within reasonable distance from me so I'll check this out. How much do the Star Wars Kinects go for online, since I likely wouldn't be using it much? The actual Kinect, not the game

[quote name='swirly76']wish my local kmarts, here in western washington, would ever have anything decent on clearance. they are some stingy fu@ker$. the clearance titles they do have are old, undesirable, or still severely overpriced.

Still, kudos on your find![/QUOTE]

Well I guess that saves me a trip then. And I don't know why they are so stingy. Not like anyone shops there anyway. Every time I walk into one around here there are more employees than customers.

[quote name='doubledown']So tempted to get one......wife would not be pleased. I wonder what I could sell my newer 250GB for.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you... but I buckled already. As not to disrupt the marital bliss, I even put the thing on layaway so that I don't have to dip into savings to pick it up.

...I think I'm gonna end up sticking this thing in storage for a few years and watch its value ^_^

[quote name='Gabrius']I'm in the same boat as you... but I buckled already. As not to disrupt the marital bliss, I even put the thing on layaway so that I don't have to dip into savings to pick it up.

...I think I'm gonna end up sticking this thing in storage for a few years and watch its value ^_^[/QUOTE]

Oh God, I am also in the same boat. Will need to do layaway if I can find one...

[quote name='doubledown']So tempted to get one......wife would not be pleased. I wonder what I could sell my newer 250GB for.[/QUOTE]

I'm selling my 250GB on CL for $230 with a few games. If you sold the Kinect and controller on eBay you could probably get at least $120 AFTER fees.

Was the Kmart price ever updated online? I went to best buy today about to get the 360 when they went online to price match it wasn't $300

Got one at best buy - I had already confirmed (by phone) price and availability at local Kmart, and used the pics posted by Damanthia (thanks!)
BB guy checked the online price, which was still $399, so he called to confirm.
Traded in a bunch of unwanted games for about $150 with the 50% bonus, making it a little easier with the wife. :)

Thanks OP! now I'm just trying to figure out how to get the kinect sensor in the best possible spot so that it works good.

I picked the last one up today at the Chippewa Falls Kmart. Just in case any gamers in my area still want one there is another at the Eau Claire Kmart.

[quote name='theoutlander']I managed to snag one up at the Kmart in Corona,CA. I just couldn't resist it for that price.[/QUOTE]

Hey I was thinking of picking it up at that same store. But I knew it would be an impulse buy. Thanks for saving me $300! LOL. Congrats on the pick-up! I'm sure you're enjoying it! I will definitely keep an eye out for this when I'm ready to pull the trigger.

For those in South Florida, I've looked in all of the Broward KMarts but did not find any. Save your gas money!

has anyone had an instance where it wasn't marked at 299 but rang up as such? One Kmart near me had it but it was marked 399

[quote name='joshthegreat69']What can you use to match the price at Best Buy? I don't have any evidence of the price[/QUOTE]

Check the 4th post. Damanthia posted good pics. When I did it, I showed them the pics. The Best Buy employee had to call and confirm (price and availability I believe) at the nearest Kmart, so if they're sold out, you may be out of luck.

Picked this up in kmart with no problems, took about 10 minutes for someone to help me though. Kmart in Miami on 8th st.

[quote name='JP73']has anyone had an instance where it wasn't marked at 299 but rang up as such? One Kmart near me had it but it was marked 399[/QUOTE]
Yes, I picked one up in Oregon and both of the KMarts I called had it priced at $399 but rang it up at $300. I'd say it's pretty safe to guess it's a nationwide clearance.

how accurate is kmart's online inventory for in store availability? I was planning on picking one up at a kmart about 70 miles away today, and now I check and it is gone (I should have ordered it a few days ago for 400 and got a price match when I picked it up, but I wasn't thinking) . I am going on a 300 mile road trip and I was wondering if it would be worth checking the kmarts along the way even if they show out of stock on line.

[quote name='mistermoravec']how accurate is kmart's online inventory for in store availability? I was planning on picking one up at a kmart about 70 miles away today, and now I check and it is gone (I should have ordered it a few days ago for 400 and got a price match when I picked it up, but I wasn't thinking) . I am going on a 300 mile road trip and I was wondering if it would be worth checking the kmarts along the way even if they show out of stock on line.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't trust the stock checker. Every Kmart I go into is a hot mess so I can't imagine the stock checker is accurate.

have one held at the kmart in davenport, ia for the clearance price that im gonna go pick up, sadly i can't price match it at any best buy's around so i can use some of my credit since they're all out of stock, i suppose i can get games/xbox live there then

[quote name='mistermoravec']how accurate is kmart's online inventory for in store availability? I was planning on picking one up at a kmart about 70 miles away today, and now I check and it is gone (I should have ordered it a few days ago for 400 and got a price match when I picked it up, but I wasn't thinking) . I am going on a 300 mile road trip and I was wondering if it would be worth checking the kmarts along the way even if they show out of stock on line.[/QUOTE]
I know for a fact the stock checker is messed up. I have 2 kmarts near me. I bought the only Star Wars bundle one store had. The stock checker says the other store has none, was in there the other day and saw 2 of them in the case.

Who ever is near Boca Raton, FL the KMart located at 1401 Palmetto Park Boulevard has one left. I had them put it to the side but Im not going to be able to go and get it. So it's there for the taking. Good luck!

I can also verify that the stock checking online is not reliable. The locator told me there were none in my area (up to 300 miles!). However, I went in earlier this evening and there were three! I had the guy check and it came up for the $300 so I bought one.

I can pick up one for anyone that wants it. Not many CAGs in my area that I've found. Not sure what shipping + insurance would be on these things so it might not be worth it.

Road-tripped and grabbed one at the South Anthony Kmart in Ft. Wayne. There is still one there if anyone wants it.

Thanks, OP. It'll keep my other 360s company.

So can we say that this $300 is almost a universal price drop for Kmart in store only since it appears to be $400 online still?

If there is another potential price drop, what would you speculate? Maybe $250?

I am thinking about buying this now and holding onto it unopened and hoping Kmart does the price drop within the next 30 days. I would do the price adjustment return and repurchase and I want to ensure a copy. I have seen more and more people on this forum saying that they are picking up the last one at their area locations and I want to ensure I have one before they are gone just like the SW: TOR CE.

Thanks for the input of all of you regarding the inventory checker. It showed out of stock across Washington state and after a road trip with my wife down the I-5 corridor I found one in the last K-mart we checked. It had shown out of stock since I started monitoring a while ago. While I was there I noticed they were selling Zumba Rush for 10 bucks, but were out of stock. I went to another K Mart and they were out of stock too, but they said the 10 price was a price mistake that they corrected early on in the week. Some people at the first store got lucky. (It was my anniversary, so I got lucky too ;))

Yeah, the inventory checker is horse $hit. I checked two nearby Kmarts and it said one had it one didn't. Well, that was true. Except it was the other way around. The one they said had it, didn't, and the one they said did not have it, did.

As far as a price drop, if one happens it will be next week at gamescom. If we don't see one then, then one will be unlikely for a while. I anticipate a PS3 Price drop on at least the 320GB Move bundle, since Walmart and Amazon and next week Target are/were all selling it at 299( 349 MSRP)

[quote name='Masterkyo']Possible another price drop end of August :)[/QUOTE]

Is this based on anything? Either way, my Kmart had only one left which I snagged. I hope that it does drop a bit more. I have no rush in playing it so I can wait a while.

Great deal OP!

bread's done
Back