Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchase (with bonus) digital download ($44.97) @ Greenman Gaming

Care to provide a link or coupon code? When you search for Guild Wars 2 on GMG, it just comes up as $59.95, dude.

Is there a reason the voucher code isn't working when I click the "use" button? Anyone else having that issue?

EDIT: Ah, you have to disable AdBlock in Firefox for that page, then it becomes clickable.

[quote name='JazzFlight']Is there a reason the voucher code isn't working when I click the "use" button? Anyone else having that issue?[/QUOTE]

Did you do it with or without quotes? I literally just used it, so I know it's still working.

Yea, sorry. I had this long post then when I was hitting refresh and waiting for the scores of replies from people thanking me, I noticed the GMG thread.

Don't know how to delete my post so I just removed the long part. I guess I should have just added the disclaimer to the beginning and left it alone.

[quote name='JazzFlight']Is there a reason the voucher code isn't working when I click the "use" button? Anyone else having that issue?

EDIT: Ah, you have to disable AdBlock in Firefox for that page, then it becomes clickable.[/QUOTE]

check the top of the page for something that says you need to register first. Once you do, it will work. they don't let you buy anything without an account.

EDIT: you edited while I was responding lol. Guess my answer doesn't apply

One last question before ordering:
Is this a better option than my $47.99 physical pre-order at Newegg? I dunno if they've announced any nice materials that come with the physical version or not. Usually I just prefer to pick up the digital edition for MMOs due to less clutter in my house.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Did you do it with or without quotes? I literally just used it, so I know it's still working.[/QUOTE]

no quotes

[quote name='JazzFlight']One last question before ordering:
Is this a better option than my $47.99 physical pre-order at Newegg? I dunno if they've announced any nice materials that come with the physical version or not. Usually I just prefer to pick up the digital edition for MMOs due to less clutter in my house.[/QUOTE]

you get to start playing on the 25th instead of the 28th and every character you make on your account starts with a +2 to various stats ring

as for the STANDARD physical copy, unless you pre-purchase (ie, not the newegg preorder (I cancelled mine)) I don't think it comes with anything special.

The collector's edition has some cool stuff, but I'm not about to pay that much.

[quote name='Kniq']you get to start playing on the 25th instead of the 28th and every character you make on your account starts with a +2 to various stats ring

as for the STANDARD physical copy, unless you pre-purchase (ie, not the newegg preorder (I cancelled mine)) I don't think it comes with anything special.

The collector's edition has some cool stuff, but I'm not about to pay that much.[/QUOTE]
Sweet deal. Yeah, cancelled my Newegg order and got this one and linked it to the Guild Wars 2 website. No tax, too.

[quote name='JazzFlight']Sweet deal. Yeah, cancelled my Newegg order and got this one and linked it to the Guild Wars 2 website. No tax, too.[/QUOTE]

I think I am going to do this as well.

What the?? I have tried both my MasterCard and my Visa and keep getting error messages on this site!

"Order not complete
We have been unable to complete your order, please contact your payment provider before trying again. Thank you for visiting Green Man Gaming."

Anyone else? I have never had any issue and used both these cards in past week (one last night!) no issue.

So, found this...

--------------------------

Payment issues - tengushee2 Aug 01

"We are aware that many of our customers have been affected by the error message “Order Not Complete,” and that a large number of those orders were being falsely rejected by the system that we use. We would like to offer our collective apologies to everyone who had been affected, as we understand the level of frustration this has caused for a number of you.

We are now actively going through individual payment issues and we will keep you informed with the latest updates as soon as they happen. If you were unable to complete the purchase of a game, please do raise a ticket."

------------------------------

Would have loved to known that ten minutes ago...

Wow. Well got a response and they fixed the issue, so Guild Wars 2 for $44.97 is mine.

If anyone else has an issue you can contact them and they can help out. Bit annoying, but good customer service for me.

Thanks for saved money, i couldn't miss that deal
smile.gif

[quote name='ck76']Wow. Well got a response and they fixed the issue, so Guild Wars 2 for $44.97 is mine.

If anyone else has an issue you can contact them and they can help out. Bit annoying, but good customer service for me.[/QUOTE]

My original thread pointed out that some of the folks on SD were having trouble with credit cards but then I deleted it :p

There may be an issue due to the fact that GMG is in the UK. Paypal is an easy way around that as long as it's not just linked to your card.

Do I have to use Capsule to play GW2 or is it similar to the way Blizzard handles their games? I'll be all over it if you download it through the developer's site like Blizzard.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']Do I have to use Capsule to play GW2 or is it similar to the way Blizzard handles their games? I'll be all over it if you download it through the developer's site like Blizzard.[/QUOTE]

no capsule required, its like blizzard games.

when you complete purchase, you get your game code, go to the GW website, enter the code, create a GW account (if you dont already have one), and download your game

[quote name='Kniq']no capsule required, its like blizzard games.

when you complete purchase, you get your game code, go to the GW website, enter the code, create a GW account (if you dont already have one), and download your game[/QUOTE] Thanks! I guess the code is locked to one account. I already used the code on Borderlands 2. I had to make another account to get GW2 for that price.

Thanks for the heads up, ordered one. Also played the beta and the games great. Nice step forward for the MMO genre.

[quote name='tcbys']WTF was about to pre order GW2 and its not there. WTF!!![/QUOTE]

Think they ran out of keys.

First and foremost is Guild Wars 2 Digital Edition, for 15% off when you use code ROLLF-OR1D6-DMAGE in the basket, available until 1100 UTC August 6th. We now have certifiably limited stock of this title, with just 1,000 keys for EU and 1,500 for NA. This code will not work on the Digital Deluxe Edition.
Source: http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2012/08/new-deals-august-3rd/

Although it's a different promo code, but they did state that they only had limited stock.

I think they just restocked keys. I tried buying it when I got home from work around midnight CST and the page was down, tried again about 5 minutes ago (4:25am CST) and it went through, coupon code still worked and everything. Thanks OP for the $45 GW2 :]

hm, that seems like it was the second or third time they've 'run out of stock.'

if you try to buy and it doesn't work, don't lose hope! try again later.

It's back in stock but you no longer get the 3 Day Early Access or any of the other pre-order bonuses. Use ORDER-NTCOM-PLETE to get 25% OFF.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lupe guillotine']Someone convince me NOT to buy the game (aside from GMG running out of keys). IMPULSE BUY, IMPULSE BUY.[/QUOTE]

I can't. I just impulse bought it myself. LOL

[quote name='Orgymang']I can't. I just impulse bought it myself. LOL[/QUOTE]

DAMN YOU, you were the one that could convince me NOT to buy. ..... I just bought it.... Thanks a lot...... lol

[quote name='lupe guillotine']DAMN YOU, you were the one that could convince me NOT to buy. ..... I just bought it.... Thanks a lot...... lol[/QUOTE]

Sorry :)

[quote name='lifebenders']Guys, do we still get the pre-order Hero's Band from here? I don't really care about the three day head start.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you get any of the pre-order stuff anymore. Essentially, they will just send you a key on release day.

[quote name='Orgymang']I don't think you get any of the pre-order stuff anymore. Essentially, they will just send you a key on release day.[/QUOTE]

Excuse my ignorance, but is that item really that good? Do we get any cosmetic bonus by pre-ordering (like the Diablo 3 CE) or is it just an in-game item? Because if it's just a ring that you could replace .. it wouldn't be worth it right?

[quote name='lifebenders']Excuse my ignorance, but is that item really that good? Do we get any cosmetic bonus by pre-ordering (like the Diablo 3 CE) or is it just an in-game item? Because if it's just a ring that you could replace .. it wouldn't be worth it right?[/QUOTE]

The only bonuses you would have received would have been a 3 day headstart and the Hero's Band. I wouldn't think the Hero's Band is really that big of a deal, as you're right, I would think it will probably be replaced quickly.

Purchased GW2 and BL2 for $80.50. Anyone looking to do the same needs to purchase them individually. That'll let you use the code twice. Also, GW2 had a $2 credit, and BL2 had no credit, so buy GW2 first.

[quote name='Orgymang']The only bonuses you would have received would have been a 3 day headstart and the Hero's Band. I wouldn't think the Hero's Band is really that big of a deal, as you're right, I would think it will probably be replaced quickly.[/QUOTE]
Since Greenmangaming just gives you a key to register with Arenanet any promo stuff you get from GMG should be the same as what A-net is advertising. So, all the pre-order bonuses should still apply. And yes, the ring will be replaced very quickly...

[quote name='Woocls']Since Greenmangaming just gives you a key to register with Arenanet any promo stuff you get from GMG should be the same as what A-net is advertising. So, all the pre-order bonuses should still apply. And yes, the ring will be replaced very quickly...[/QUOTE]

Well, the new GW2 keys they have are not pre-purchase keys anymore. The site says:

PURCHASES AFTER 8TH AUGUST WILL NOT INCLUDE THE 3 DAY EARLY ACCESS OR ACCESS TO BETA WEEKENDS!

ACTIVATION KEYS WILL BE SENT OUT IN TIME FOR THE RELEASE DATE OF 28TH AUGUST 2012!

And I think they mean "on or after August 8th." It sounds like they might send out these keys as late as the 27th, so you may not be able to register and download early.

I don't think you get anything extra with these keys, so it would be the same as buying a Digital Download on launch day. No head-start and no bonus item.

It's still the cheapest deal anywhere if you can make it through their payment system.

The digital deluxe preorder has different wording that specifically says it excludes today's purcgases. Also, if you look at their blog, there's a post about how they're out of NA codes with preorder bonuses.

The way I see it, it's saving several dollars or getting to play three days earlier. I'd much rather have the cash in pocket to spend on something else.

[quote name='mikon']Well, the new GW2 keys they have are not pre-purchase keys anymore. The site says:

And I think they mean "on or after August 8th." It sounds like they might send out these keys as late as the 27th, so you may not be able to register and download early.

I don't think you get anything extra with these keys, so it would be the same as buying a Digital Download on launch day. No head-start and no bonus item.

It's still the cheapest deal anywhere if you can make it through their payment system.[/QUOTE]
Hmmm I see that now. Oh well, I guess it's a solid price if you don't mind waiting. However, if you're not planning on playing it right off you might be better off just waiting for the eventual price drop that every game has.

Yeah, that threw me for a loop as well... The regular version specifically said AFTER 8/8. But they've since updated the wording.

[quote name='lifebenders']Excuse my ignorance, but is that item really that good? Do we get any cosmetic bonus by pre-ordering (like the Diablo 3 CE) or is it just an in-game item? Because if it's just a ring that you could replace .. it wouldn't be worth it right?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played GW2, but I'm sure it's not going to be really game-changing. Just something that gives you a slight, slight edge over another starting character (all of the characters you make start with the ring).

As for a cosmetic bonus you want the CE of GW just like D3

[quote name='Kniq']I haven't played GW2, but I'm sure it's not going to be really game-changing. Just something that gives you a slight, slight edge over another starting character (all of the characters you make start with the ring).

As for a cosmetic bonus you want the CE of GW just like D3[/QUOTE]

There are no cosmetic "bonus" items included with the Collector's Edition of GW2.

Digital Items (included only with CE and Deluxe)

• Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill
  • Miniature Rytlock (mini pet, non-combat)
  • Chalice of Glory (one time use)
  • Tome of Influence (one time use)
  • Golem Banker (one time use)
If you really want extra cosmetics you should look into completing the HoM in GW1 which gives you 34 items including weapons, armor, & pets (including some combat ones) . http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=welcome

I don't really recommend getting the Deluxe Edition unless you got to have it all (mini-pet) and want that Elite Skill. As for the Collector's Edition, well you have to really love the physical items (they are indeed very nice - OMG GIANT BOX) and ask yourself if everything in it is worth the extra $70/$90.

I'm pretty happy with just the regular edition and am a long time GW fan. I already have a signed GW2 concept art book so it was meh for me to get the CE.

bread's done
Back