Photo
- - - - -

Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchase (with bonus) digital download ($44.97) @ Greenman Gaming

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

I'm in, now to go cancel my Gamestop preorder
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#32 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

in for one. Cancelled my $50 Newegg pre-order. I'll take an extra $5 off :).

SteamWidget.PNG

#33 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

I can't. I just impulse bought it myself. LOL

DAMN YOU, you were the one that could convince me NOT to buy. ..... I just bought it.... Thanks a lot...... lol

#34 lifebenders

lifebenders

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

Guys, do we still get the pre-order Hero's Band from here? I don't really care about the three day head start.

#35 Orgymang

Orgymang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

DAMN YOU, you were the one that could convince me NOT to buy. ..... I just bought it.... Thanks a lot...... lol

Sorry :)

Guys, do we still get the pre-order Hero's Band from here? I don't really care about the three day head start.

I don't think you get any of the pre-order stuff anymore. Essentially, they will just send you a key on release day.

#36 lifebenders

lifebenders

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

I don't think you get any of the pre-order stuff anymore. Essentially, they will just send you a key on release day.

Excuse my ignorance, but is that item really that good? Do we get any cosmetic bonus by pre-ordering (like the Diablo 3 CE) or is it just an in-game item? Because if it's just a ring that you could replace .. it wouldn't be worth it right?

#37 Orgymang

Orgymang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:03 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but is that item really that good? Do we get any cosmetic bonus by pre-ordering (like the Diablo 3 CE) or is it just an in-game item? Because if it's just a ring that you could replace .. it wouldn't be worth it right?

The only bonuses you would have received would have been a 3 day headstart and the Hero's Band. I wouldn't think the Hero's Band is really that big of a deal, as you're right, I would think it will probably be replaced quickly.

#38 Ceron

Ceron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

Purchased GW2 and BL2 for $80.50. Anyone looking to do the same needs to purchase them individually. That'll let you use the code twice. Also, GW2 had a $2 credit, and BL2 had no credit, so buy GW2 first.

#39 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

The only bonuses you would have received would have been a 3 day headstart and the Hero's Band. I wouldn't think the Hero's Band is really that big of a deal, as you're right, I would think it will probably be replaced quickly.

Since Greenmangaming just gives you a key to register with Arenanet any promo stuff you get from GMG should be the same as what A-net is advertising. So, all the pre-order bonuses should still apply. And yes, the ring will be replaced very quickly...

#40 mikon

mikon

北斗百裂拳

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

Since Greenmangaming just gives you a key to register with Arenanet any promo stuff you get from GMG should be the same as what A-net is advertising. So, all the pre-order bonuses should still apply. And yes, the ring will be replaced very quickly...

Well, the new GW2 keys they have are not pre-purchase keys anymore. The site says:

PURCHASES AFTER 8TH AUGUST WILL NOT INCLUDE THE 3 DAY EARLY ACCESS OR ACCESS TO BETA WEEKENDS!

ACTIVATION KEYS WILL BE SENT OUT IN TIME FOR THE RELEASE DATE OF 28TH AUGUST 2012!

And I think they mean "on or after August 8th." It sounds like they might send out these keys as late as the 27th, so you may not be able to register and download early.

I don't think you get anything extra with these keys, so it would be the same as buying a Digital Download on launch day. No head-start and no bonus item.

It's still the cheapest deal anywhere if you can make it through their payment system.

#41 Ceron

Ceron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

The digital deluxe preorder has different wording that specifically says it excludes today's purcgases. Also, if you look at their blog, there's a post about how they're out of NA codes with preorder bonuses.

The way I see it, it's saving several dollars or getting to play three days earlier. I'd much rather have the cash in pocket to spend on something else.

#42 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

Well, the new GW2 keys they have are not pre-purchase keys anymore. The site says:

And I think they mean "on or after August 8th." It sounds like they might send out these keys as late as the 27th, so you may not be able to register and download early.

I don't think you get anything extra with these keys, so it would be the same as buying a Digital Download on launch day. No head-start and no bonus item.

It's still the cheapest deal anywhere if you can make it through their payment system.

Hmmm I see that now. Oh well, I guess it's a solid price if you don't mind waiting. However, if you're not planning on playing it right off you might be better off just waiting for the eventual price drop that every game has.

#43 syclick

syclick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

Yeah, that threw me for a loop as well... The regular version specifically said AFTER 8/8. But they've since updated the wording.

#44 Kniq

Kniq

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:28 PM

I haven't played GW2, but I'm sure it's not going to be really game-changing. Just something that gives you a slight, slight edge over another starting character (all of the characters you make start with the ring).

As for a cosmetic bonus you want the CE of GW just like D3

#45 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:08 AM

I haven't played GW2, but I'm sure it's not going to be really game-changing. Just something that gives you a slight, slight edge over another starting character (all of the characters you make start with the ring).

As for a cosmetic bonus you want the CE of GW just like D3

There are no cosmetic "bonus" items included with the Collector's Edition of GW2.

Digital Items (included only with CE and Deluxe)

• Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill
  • Miniature Rytlock (mini pet, non-combat)
  • Chalice of Glory (one time use)
  • Tome of Influence (one time use)
  • Golem Banker (one time use)
If you really want extra cosmetics you should look into completing the HoM in GW1 which gives you 34 items including weapons, armor, & pets (including some combat ones) . http://hom.guildwars...n/#page=welcome

I don't really recommend getting the Deluxe Edition unless you got to have it all (mini-pet) and want that Elite Skill. As for the Collector's Edition, well you have to really love the physical items (they are indeed very nice - OMG GIANT BOX) and ask yourself if everything in it is worth the extra $70/$90.

I'm pretty happy with just the regular edition and am a long time GW fan. I already have a signed GW2 concept art book so it was meh for me to get the CE.
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#46 Slixshot

Slixshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:31 AM

So that code works until I sign in... anyone else have this problem?
Posted Image