God of War Saga and infamous Collection Announced Aug 28th $39.99 each

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!
Now before the MSRP Nazis come out of the wood work this is important news for those people looking to get any of the single parts of these games since the price is so awesome for all the content. I will update once prices confirmed.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-with-playstation-collections/#comment-741007

Inside God of War Saga is:
God of War.
God of War 2.
God of War 3.
God of War: Origins Collection (which includes God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta).
Bonus Content.
Voucher For one Trial Month of PlayStation Plus.
Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War 3 and God of War: Origins Collection).

And inside inFamous Collection:
inFamous.
inFamous 2.
inFamous: Festival of Blood.
Extra missions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. That is an awesome price, especially for God of War Saga. I might just trade in all the God of War games just to have them all on one disc...

edit: Apparently, GoW Collection will be $40, but Origins Collection will be a download voucher, not on disc. Pass for me then...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be surprised if GoW came in at under 50 bucks, but still, for anyone looking to get into the series that's a hell of an option.

It doesn't say starting at 29.99 though. That is a ridiculous price for the GoW Sage though, and I would even rebuy it for $29.99 if it is that price.

[quote name='NextDeadman']"Starting at 29.99" doesn't mean the GoW Saga will be that price. In fact, I'd expect it to be much higher than that.[/QUOTE]

It appears that the majority of people are skipping right past this. Every news site I've seen has had comments saying something along the lines of "Wow, $30 for all 5 games? Amazing!"

My guess is that it will be about 50 bucks. $10 per game is still quite the deal. I'm in.

I was thinking the same thing, blcklblskt, but I decided against it. The most I can see me getting is close to $45 ($40 from Amazon, $30 from Best Buy, $29.50 (estimated) from Game Stop before promo) and I think the collection will be $50, maybe $60. That much content is going to be expensive.

And didn't inFamous 2 just come out? Wow.

[quote name='Bankotsu']It doesn't say starting at 29.99 though. That is a ridiculous price for the GoW Sage though, and I would even rebuy it for $29.99 if it is that price.[/QUOTE]

No, but the official press release that I linked to did.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Now before the MSRP Nazis come out of the wood work this is important news for those people looking to get any of the single parts of these games since the price is so awesome for all the content. I just traded my GOW III for $15 so this essentially will be $15 to get it back AND the 4 other games.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-06-sony-announces-god-of-war-saga-and-infamous-collection

Inside God of War Saga is:
God of War.
God of War 2.
God of War 3.
God of War: Origins Collection (which includes God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta).
Bonus Content.
Voucher For one Trial Month of PlayStation Plus.
Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War 3 and God of War: Origins Collection).

And inside inFamous Collection:
inFamous.
inFamous 2.
inFamous: Festival of Blood.
Extra missions.[/QUOTE]

Any idea or have sources where is lists what the Bonus content is? All the DLC ever for it?

Any any word if these are on separate discs, ie not digial and will my old saves work for these copies?

I have all 3 individual discs, if I tradein all 3 individual games now to Amazon, its 40 and change, If this is true, they are paying me to buy the saga, lol.

Oh I see, it's listed as started at $29.99 cause that's what the ratchet collection is. The other 2 will not, I'm sure.

I edited my post above, GoW: Collection will be $40 with Origins Collection being a download voucher. Pass for me, then. :(

I'll buy the GOW Saga if its indeed $29.99, but expecting it to be higher.

[quote name='advanced']And didn't inFamous 2 just come out? Wow.[/QUOTE]

Not really, came out June last year.

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

Thanks for the heads up OP.
And for those (like me) who doesn't like much digital content, this was posted at the blog:
Post #9

Q: God of War: Is it all disc-based on are they PSN codes? I hope it’s all disc-based.

A: God of War Collection and God of War III are in the box.
God of War Origins Collection will be via a voucher.

:roll:

Check the ps blog post, the two collections come out with the ratchet collection which retails at $29.99, so it's a bit of slick marketing on Sony's part.

Damn...i just rebought GOW3 from best buy used for $8 after bonuses and coupons.

Should I trade it back in for $10ish and wait for this??

I've been meaning to replay 1 & 2 and I have never played the origins games.

Even at $40, that's a steal...so if I can wait, that's only $30 I'll end up paying for everything.

C'mon CAG brethren, help me with this!

[quote name='FerDK']Thanks for the heads up OP.
And for those (like me) who doesn't like much digital content, this was posted at the blog:
Post #9

Q: God of War: Is it all disc-based on are they PSN codes? I hope it’s all disc-based.

:roll:[/QUOTE]

weak sauce. if they were all on a disc i'd bite, but online vouchers don't appeal to me at all.

yo dawg, we heard you like hd collections. so we put a hd collection in your hd collection, so you can collect hds while you collect hds

So I guess the official Blog rep is saying the infamous and GoW Saga collections are $39.99? That is still a pretty dang good deal.

Sad thing is, I own GOW 1 and 2 for PS2, GOW 3, GOW Origins and GOW Collection and I will probably still buy this. Way to milk my wallet sony

Time flies, Black Friday will be right around the corner, would not be surprised to see the God Of War Saga be on sale for $29.99 or even $19.99 briefly. Have never played a GOW game but might if it goes $20 or less for all of those games during BF or other holiday sales.

Considering the only one I don't own with the GOW Saga is the Origins Collection, I contemplated getting this just for the sake of having all of the games in one case and getting the one I don't have yet but it's hard to justify basically just paying for the case since Origins is just a download voucher. Even in the slowly progressing streaming media world we live in, I will always be the old school physical media type of guy.

I'm glad I waited on the GoW collection, I'll probably get it eventually.

I already own both Infamous games, but I'd still like to pick this up. The only thing I wonder is if they will have separate trophy lists and if my saves will still work with these. I haven't got the plat for either game, but I'm somewhat close, and I wouldn't want to have to start over.

this is fucking great. To get all 5 GOW for $40 is a HUGE steal imo. Infamous collection doesnt seem as great since you could get both games less than $30, but never the less, playstation is really making microsoft look like shit. (Im not a fanboy of either side)

I would prefer Origins on disc as well but I'll pick this up. I don't own any of these games and 40 for all of them is a good deal.

Love God of War, but since I have all the games already and the extras from the European(I think?) Omega edition arent included I wont need to buy this set. Thank god. I dont need more games.

Really wish Origins wasn't a voucher. Only want Origins really, but for the price, would get them all. Oh well, guess I'll just wait and see...

[quote name='dan77733']I hate digital downloads. Its the future (and eventually, demise) of gaming. UGH.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, another reason I won't buy this set or the Res. Evil super set.

Vouchers are retarded, gimme mah discs!!

The trophies are still the same set of the previous set of GoW games I assume? I have all of them and only willing to double dip if another set of trophies are added :)

[quote name='Serpentor']The trophies are still the same set of the previous set of GoW games I assume? I have all of them and only willing to double dip if another set of trophies are added :)[/QUOTE]

Yes they are. :cry:

Post #9

Yeah, that's weak that it's not on the disc. And I doubt space is the reason why. Probably to curtail used copies.

Post #9

gifface26.gif

Will the Infamous collection be all on disc or will it have vouchers too? Would be neat to finally have all of those extra missions on disc.

I already own all the God of Wars on disc so I won't be picking that up.

I don't have any of the GoW games, so I thought this would be a great place to jump in. Then I saw that the Origins collection was a voucher. Pass.

While I Understand not wanting to have the voucher this is still a great deal. Right now the cheapest you could find all three parts New on Amazon

GoW 3: $25.92
GoW Collection: $28.98
GoW Origins Collection: $37.99

~$92

Add in the extras and the Free month of PS+ (~$4) and this is a spanking deal. It would be great to have the physical disc but I am assuming it was done to reduce cost and limit used sales.

bread's done
Back