#1 lectersvictim

lectersvictim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879261396

$29.99 No Tax (For Most) Free Shipping.

Release Date: 8/28/2012

Sony just announced this morning a Retail price of $39.99.
http://blog.us.plays...#comment-741007

God of War Saga Includes:
God of War.
God of War 2.
God of War 3.
God of War: Origins Collection (God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta) (PSN Voucher Code)
Bonus Content.
Voucher For one Trial Month of PlayStation Plus.
Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War: Origins Collection).

#2 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

Good find.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV).

#3 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

Damn Newegg.. stop enticing me to spend money.

#4 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

That's an excellent deal! If you haven't bought any of the games, this is a great time to do so!

#5 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

Cool, but the origins collection is download only, which will probably prevent me from buying this.

#6 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

Thanks op

#7 Sunghead

Sunghead

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

Cool, but the origins collection is download only, which will probably prevent me from buying this.

But if you have a PSP/Go, it makes it that much more worth it right?

Vita doesn't do the PSOne games yet (or ever), right?
Posted Image

#8 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

These are the PS3 HD versions of the Origins games. I don't think they work on portables.

EDIT: Also, can anyone tell me if I should play Origins after 1-3, or is it ok to play before since these games take place before 1 if I'm not mistaken. I don't want to ruin anything. I did that for Dead Space. I played Dead Space Extraction before part 1 and I pretty much knew how it was gonna end.

#9 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

These are the PS3 HD versions of the Origins games. I don't think they work on portables.

EDIT: Also, can anyone tell me if I should play Origins after 1-3, or is it ok to play before since these games take place before 1 if I'm not mistaken. I don't want to ruin anything. I did that for Dead Space. I played Dead Space Extraction before part 1 and I pretty much knew how it was gonna end.

This is the chronological order, and I totally recommend you to follow it:
1.- GoW Chains of Olympus
2.- GoW I
3.- GoW Ghost of Sparta
4.- GoW II
5.- GoW III
Posted Image

#10 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

The PSP games were on the God of War Origins Collection for PS3, they were upconverted or remastered to play on PS3. I already own God of War 1-3, would really like Origins, but running out of room on my HDD to store games.

#11 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

This is the chronological order, and I totally recommend you to follow it:
1.- GoW Chains of Olympus
2.- GoW I
3.- GoW Ghost of Sparta
4.- GoW II
5.- GoW III

Thanks for the reply!

#12 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

I think it is better to play them by release date

#13 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

The PSP games were on the God of War Origins Collection for PS3, they were upconverted or remastered to play on PS3. I already own God of War 1-3, would really like Origins, but running out of room on my HDD to store games.

The God of War games thankfully take no HDD space at all.

#14 jjjbadboy32

jjjbadboy32

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

I think it is better to play them by release date

I agree with this.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Sunghead

Sunghead

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

Okay, thanks!

That makes sense... I guess what didn't seem logical for me was making the HD versions of PSP games downloads versus putting them on a disc in the "Saga".

I agree with someone else that commented to play them by release date. But playing through the main saga and then playing the psp versions won't hurt the story at all.

Don't forget about Betrayal for the mobile phone! That goes in between Ghost of Sparta and God of War 2 and was the first mobile game I actually deemed worthy of a purchase.

And if you're a true stickler for chronology, you'd have to wait for Ascension before playing any of these games. ;)
Posted Image

#16 whats_the_word

whats_the_word

That Broad!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

Great deal on a great series!

#17 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

Should I play these games?

#18 mousebites

mousebites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

Just preordered. Going to trade in my god of war collection greatest hits to gamestop for 10 dollars making this saga only 20 dollars. lol.

#19 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

If you haven't played any yet, I don't see why you wouldn't just wait for the next game to get included in the God of War Ultimate Pack
Posted Image

#20 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

Aw shit ive played these already of course (can you tell?) So even though I have no business spending on more GoW, this deal is really tempting me. Must .... resist .... urge .....

#21 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

Should I play these games?

Some of the best games eva

#22 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

Aw shit ive played these already of course (can you tell?) So even though I have no business spending on more GoW, this deal is really tempting me. Must .... resist .... urge .....

Somehow I think you will end up buying it.
I'm going to preorder now.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#23 Lulgasms

Lulgasms

Resident Xbone hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

Any idea if this release will come with the dlc for the third game?

#24 lilman

lilman

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

Thanks op. Just submitted my trade-in to Amazon for GoW Collection (GoW 1&2) for $13.50 and I have GoW 3 still in shrink wrap that I should be able to return to Walmart for at least $20 store credit (it's currently selling for $30, but I don't know the lowest price they've sold it for in the past). In the end I should get Origins Collection for free ^_^

#25 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

Still debating because I have 1-3, but I have 1 and 2 for PS2. Is the HD upgrade noticeable? And someone above said Origins wasn't a big download, which is one of the problems I had cuz I'm running out of space. Does anyone know the size? And does newegg charge right away or when it ships? Thanks.

#26 matthewhsh2002

matthewhsh2002

thanks op! i just needed the psp remakes but for that price might as well get few extra gmes!

wait... doesn't it say "Come August 28th, you’ll be able to pick these beauties up starting at $29.99!" at that Sony annoucement page? is this MSRP?

#27 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Good find op!

#28 lectersvictim

lectersvictim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

Amazon Trade In Values:
God of War: Collection - $13.50
God of War 3 - $10.80
God of War: Origins Collection - $16.20
= $40.50

#29 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

thanks op! i just needed the psp remakes but for that price might as well get few extra gmes!

wait... doesn't it say "Come August 28th, you’ll be able to pick these beauties up starting at $29.99!" at that Sony annoucement page? is this MSRP?

"Starting at $29.99" which is just the Ratchet and Clank Collection; the others are $40.

#30 foreverjoe20

foreverjoe20

DarkMagician

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

I would buy this right now but with the other games coming out (Sleeping Dogs, ACIII, Halo 4...), I'm just going to wait until Black Friday and get this on special. Hopefully it is on special and I'll probably have some free time during Jan 2013 to re-play all these games.