God of War Saga $29.99 Pre-order Newegg Free Ship

lectersvictim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879261396

$29.99 No Tax (For Most) Free Shipping.

Release Date: 8/28/2012

Sony just announced this morning a Retail price of $39.99.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-with-playstation-collections/#comment-741007

God of War Saga Includes:
God of War.
God of War 2.
God of War 3.
God of War: Origins Collection (God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta) (PSN Voucher Code)
Bonus Content.
Voucher For one Trial Month of PlayStation Plus.
Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War: Origins Collection).

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Cool, but the origins collection is download only, which will probably prevent me from buying this.[/QUOTE]

But if you have a PSP/Go, it makes it that much more worth it right?

Vita doesn't do the PSOne games yet (or ever), right?

[quote name='Sunghead']But if you have a PSP/Go, it makes it that much more worth it right?

Vita doesn't do the PSOne games yet (or ever), right?[/QUOTE]

These are the PS3 HD versions of the Origins games. I don't think they work on portables.

EDIT: Also, can anyone tell me if I should play Origins after 1-3, or is it ok to play before since these games take place before 1 if I'm not mistaken. I don't want to ruin anything. I did that for Dead Space. I played Dead Space Extraction before part 1 and I pretty much knew how it was gonna end.

[quote name='barrit']These are the PS3 HD versions of the Origins games. I don't think they work on portables.

EDIT: Also, can anyone tell me if I should play Origins after 1-3, or is it ok to play before since these games take place before 1 if I'm not mistaken. I don't want to ruin anything. I did that for Dead Space. I played Dead Space Extraction before part 1 and I pretty much knew how it was gonna end.[/QUOTE]

This is the chronological order, and I totally recommend you to follow it:
1.- GoW Chains of Olympus
2.- GoW I
3.- GoW Ghost of Sparta
4.- GoW II
5.- GoW III

[quote name='Sunghead']But if you have a PSP/Go, it makes it that much more worth it right?

Vita doesn't do the PSOne games yet (or ever), right?[/QUOTE]

The PSP games were on the God of War Origins Collection for PS3, they were upconverted or remastered to play on PS3. I already own God of War 1-3, would really like Origins, but running out of room on my HDD to store games.

[quote name='FerDK']This is the chronological order, and I totally recommend you to follow it:
2.- GoW I
3.- GoW Ghost of Sparta
4.- GoW II
5.- GoW III[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply!

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']The PSP games were on the God of War Origins Collection for PS3, they were upconverted or remastered to play on PS3. I already own God of War 1-3, would really like Origins, but running out of room on my HDD to store games.[/QUOTE]

The God of War games thankfully take no HDD space at all.

[quote name='barrit']These are the PS3 HD versions of the Origins games. I don't think they work on portables.

EDIT: Also, can anyone tell me if I should play Origins after 1-3, or is it ok to play before since these games take place before 1 if I'm not mistaken. I don't want to ruin anything. I did that for Dead Space. I played Dead Space Extraction before part 1 and I pretty much knew how it was gonna end.[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks!

That makes sense... I guess what didn't seem logical for me was making the HD versions of PSP games downloads versus putting them on a disc in the "Saga".

I agree with someone else that commented to play them by release date. But playing through the main saga and then playing the psp versions won't hurt the story at all.

Don't forget about Betrayal for the mobile phone! That goes in between Ghost of Sparta and God of War 2 and was the first mobile game I actually deemed worthy of a purchase.

And if you're a true stickler for chronology, you'd have to wait for Ascension before playing any of these games. ;)

Just preordered. Going to trade in my god of war collection greatest hits to gamestop for 10 dollars making this saga only 20 dollars. lol.

Aw shit ive played these already of course (can you tell?) So even though I have no business spending on more GoW, this deal is really tempting me. Must .... resist .... urge .....

[quote name='Donut2922']Aw shit ive played these already of course (can you tell?) So even though I have no business spending on more GoW, this deal is really tempting me. Must .... resist .... urge .....[/QUOTE]
Somehow I think you will end up buying it.
I'm going to preorder now.

Thanks op. Just submitted my trade-in to Amazon for GoW Collection (GoW 1&2) for $13.50 and I have GoW 3 still in shrink wrap that I should be able to return to Walmart for at least $20 store credit (it's currently selling for $30, but I don't know the lowest price they've sold it for in the past). In the end I should get Origins Collection for free ^_^

Still debating because I have 1-3, but I have 1 and 2 for PS2. Is the HD upgrade noticeable? And someone above said Origins wasn't a big download, which is one of the problems I had cuz I'm running out of space. Does anyone know the size? And does newegg charge right away or when it ships? Thanks.

thanks op! i just needed the psp remakes but for that price might as well get few extra gmes!

wait... doesn't it say "Come August 28th, you’ll be able to pick these beauties up starting at $29.99!" at that Sony annoucement page? is this MSRP?

[quote name='matthewhsh2002']thanks op! i just needed the psp remakes but for that price might as well get few extra gmes!

wait... doesn't it say "Come August 28th, you’ll be able to pick these beauties up starting at $29.99!" at that Sony annoucement page? is this MSRP?[/QUOTE]

"Starting at $29.99" which is just the Ratchet and Clank Collection; the others are $40.

I would buy this right now but with the other games coming out (Sleeping Dogs, ACIII, Halo 4...), I'm just going to wait until Black Friday and get this on special. Hopefully it is on special and I'll probably have some free time during Jan 2013 to re-play all these games.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Cool, but the origins collection is download only, which will probably prevent me from buying this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just saw that and it stopped me. It's ok since I own all the games on the PS3 already, but it would've been cool to have them all in the same case.

Oh noes!

I just realized that if part of the saga is download-only, than we can't purchase the full game used!

This is rather smart of them to do business-wise. But it still upsets me. I would be all-in at $20. Its just that I've already bought God of War 1 and 2 two times - and then traded them in. (original PS2 games, and the first GoW collection.)

Silly Sony - tricks are for kids. Booo! :???:

Anyway, good find OP. I'm sure some people will be all over this deal.

That's a really good deal. It's basically $10 each for God of War Collection, God of War Origins Collection, and God of War 3. If you don't own any of the games this seems like a no-brainer (especially since it even comes with a 1 month Plus membership).

[quote name='lectersvictim']Amazon Trade In Values:
God of War: Collection - $13.50
God of War 3 - $10.80
God of War: Origins Collection - $16.20
= $40.50[/QUOTE]
Even assuming the trade values hold, that wouldn't work unless you can get the original boxes/manuals for the games since they require the UPC and everything to be an exact match. The only place disc-only trades might fly is Best Buy or Gamestop, but this package might not even have the discs labeled in the same way as the original releases (it might say "God of War Saga: God of War 3" or something, or they might even package it all on the same disc).

Edit: I guess you're saying people could trade in their current copies and then buy this. Hmm, that might work then, although the Origins Collection sounds like it's a digital release in this edition might turn people away from that. Probably best to lock in trade values quick then since they might drop pretty soon.

[quote name='Brother Daz']^ I think he posted that for people wanting to trade in their current versions.

Never mind, you beat me with a ninja edit.[/QUOTE]

yeah just trying to give some more information out to my OP, I dont post often but I am glad the majority like the deal. Thanks to all, enjoy.

Myself also in addition, as well. If it's not physically on the disc, you don't technically own it.

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']I agree with this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I played them by release date (kinda) and enjoyed it quite a bit that way.

Also, if you're new to the series, after you play 1 or 2 of them, I'd recommend bumping the difficulty up to hard. I played through 3 on Normal difficulty and was really disappointed with how easy I blew through it. Hard difficulty gives the game a much better challenge curve (in my opinion)

Hopefully this and the Rachet Collection will hit $10 at some point.

this is perfect..havent played the GoW series for the PS3, was thinking of buying em but now ill be getting this. awesome!

I've never played any of these but now sure seems like a good time to start. Thanks op!

From what I gather this will be 2 discs (gow collection and gow 3) but I wonder if it will be in a box like the current dual packs or in a single case. I'm hoping for the latter.

Anyone know if the packaged games (GoW Collection and GoW III) in this collection will be in their own individual boxed cases like the Uncharted Dual Pack? And if so, will they be the red Greatest Hits versions?

[quote name='MICHAE2414']Anyone know if the packaged games (GoW Collection and GoW III) in this collection will be in their own individual boxed cases like the Uncharted Dual Pack? And if so, will they be the red Greatest Hits versions?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Sony Blog']Two discs in a standard Blu Ray case![/quote]

It doesn't currently mention anything about Greatest Hits on the covers they've provided, but that could just be placeholder art.

Oh okay, thanks for the reply. I do like the overall cover art they posted:

7707117356_62b8de04da_n.jpg

[quote name='FerDK']This is the chronological order, and I totally recommend you to follow it:
2.- GoW I
3.- GoW Ghost of Sparta
4.- GoW II
5.- GoW III[/QUOTE]

Definitely going to have to disagree with this. Play them in order of release date.

bread's done
Back