The "KILL STEEN KILL" Kevin Steen Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
515 replies to this topic

#31 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

How can AJ be the most social media-friendly general manager in Raw history? Wasn't the laptop the GM for like 2 years?
Posted Image

#32 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

I think the most surprising thing in that article for me was the he was in Magic Mike.

That surprised me too. But we were not Magic Mike's target audience.

#33 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:24 PM

I never knew that Nash played at UT. Dude really does seem like an ass though.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#34 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:28 PM

Alright. :puke: No more RAW for me. I'm just gonna go back to only watching Impact, and ROH when I can.

#35 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:34 PM

This thread is already so full of win. Keep up the good works, fellas.

#36 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

Dude's got Insomnia because he's full of regret for only ever looking out for himself. He describes the bit about the Kliq being formed to ensure they all made the same payouts - but if you read the bylines, you'll see he's got a quote that says it was ridiculous that he and Hall worked a match and Michaels only interfered in the ending and would up with double the payout. He didn't form it to protect the workers, he's shrewd and outsmarted 4 other guys into backing him while he bitched about his pay.

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#37 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

Good article, but the bit about him being paranoid about his money and having a blue collar ethic is pretty laughable, seeing as how the article describes how he spends his money - Caribbean vacations, brand new Jeep for his 16-year old, and a house in Daytona Beach, FL - on top of half a mil a year in retirement?

Some of what Nash says conveys he knows he's living the life, but pardon me if I don't have any sympathy for someone sweating *that* financial situation.

Anyway - he's a wrestler, of course he's going to defend who he is - a big dude with charisma. It's not in his best interest to believe that size and workrate don't matter. Also, wrestling was hella popular when he was around in the nWo days. Good workers or not, this is simply not a boom period for wrestling.

So, I missed raw last night, read the recaps while drunk and decided to delete the show from my DVR without watching. Now I realize I may have missed Punk ripping into Jerry Lawler in a pretty awesome way. Can't find video of it, so if y'all can help...?
Posted Image

#38 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:05 AM

I only watch RAW/WWE through WWE's YouTube channel, so perhaps there is something else, but beginning at 3:16 in this clip, Punk tosses words at Lawler.

Spoiler

#39 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:06 AM

Looks like Wade has completely abandoned both The nexus and The Corre to head up Project Mayhem.

:lol:

Tyler Durden was quite charismatic. Wade, on the other hand...

#40 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:30 AM

Every night Tyler would give out a homework assignment. Tonight's assigmnet is to figure out exactly what the "Barrett Barrage" is exactly. I'm not sure, but I think it may have something to do with Bob's bitch-tits.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#41 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:47 AM

http://www.mlive.com...n_for_musk.html

Hustle. Loyalty. Respect.

#42 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:50 AM

Thanks, Chase. Not particularly amazing mic work - the review I read was gushing about it. Makes sense, I suppose, but Punk is capable of better.
Posted Image

#43 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:25 AM

Just wait until the media gets a hold of that. Obviously Chris Benoit made the guy do it. Too many years of watching Benoit do flying headbutts on TV.

#44 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:56 AM

Just wait until the media gets a hold of that. Obviously Chris Benoit made the guy do it. Too many years of watching Benoit do flying headbutts on TV.

I hope it's used to smear Linda McMahon's campaign, to be quite honest.

#45 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:45 AM

A Jeff Jarrett shirt would have been better. Vintage don't piss me off or a slap nuts shirt would have fit the bill.

Prison does have free cable so at least he cam remain a part of cenanation.

#46 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:09 AM

Lock that fucker up for the rest of his life.

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#47 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:13 AM

‎"In terms of merchandise, John Cena and Rey Mysterio are the top two superstars in the company who sell the most merchandise. We’re told John Cena makes between 40-42% off all sales. In comparison, Zack Ryder makes 1% from sales. Ryder was double hit when WWE also recently took away his personal YouTube channel and made it their own. Ryder is one of the top five merchandise sellers. This was obviously, so they could take in all advertising revenue through YouTube.com. We’re told Ryder is not getting any money from the show right now. Ryder was basically was told to let WWE run his show or to have control on whether to shut it down for good. The point of the show was to show WWE management his potential and to get a possible push from it. While shutting down the channel would have gotten him much less publicity, he opted to give WWE the show so it would still be featured and his name would still be out there. He was ultimately screwed over in the end.

We’re told Zack Ryder lives in an apartment, in which he currently shares with a good friend. This is due to lack of monetary compensation for WWE, and the company not giving proper pay-per-view and merchandise bonuses."

Just another example of why WWE's "take the ball and run with it" rhetoric is bullshit.

#48 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:30 AM

WWE is the Wal-Mart of professional wrestling.

#49 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:33 AM

Whenever someone wants to complain about TNA's pay structure, take a moment to remember this.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-The Office season 8
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#50 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:37 AM

News sites saying the scratch logo may be ok to not be blurred from here on out. I really hope so...shame they had to shit up so many DVD releases over the past 10 years or however long it has been.

Whenever someone wants to complain about TNA's pay structure, take a moment to remember this.

Why? TNA fucks over employees, so does WWE.
Posted Image

#51 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:39 AM

Because people vilify TNA and champion the Dobble Dobble because they grew up wearing Hulkster Underoos.

#52 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

Well, that grantland article on Nash is very timely, since he points out how the Kliq helped guys (themselves) make more money. Hate on Nash, but the Kliq essentially formed a "mini union" to protect themselves and their financial interests (they would protest if they thought paydays were unfairly distributed amongst performers in the match, as Nash notes in the article - funny that Triple H is the guy using his union-tactic-dervied millions to support the sycophant Romney these days - but I digress).

Their unionization tactics led to other performers getting downside guarantees that they didn't get before that era. They wanted to keep employees happy so they wouldn't go to WCW. It would appear that they're reversing that trend, since there's no real competition (money wise) to seek out unless you're already part of the gilded class in wrestling such that Dixie Carter is a money mark for you.

JTG's "rant" (it really wasn't that impressive) was rumored to have been due to really poor Wrestlemania paydays they received.

Zack's push doesn't really get under my skin, since we all know WWE micromanages the product and doesn't allow anything to happen that they don't want to happen. It's unfortunate that so many talented guys buy into the brass ring grabbing myth. But the idea that Zack Ryder is now losing out on residual checks from YouTube now so that WWE can earn an additional meager amount of money is fuckin' straight dastardly.
Posted Image

#53 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

What was that they said about improved commentary in WWE '13?

Nice blur on Stone Cold's fingers at the end.. *sigh*

Also, I knew that TNA's game had fantastic character models.. but.. wow.

Posted Image

:rofl:

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#54 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

Those commentary tracks are horrible. :(

#55 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

So robotic.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#56 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

Spoiler

#57 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

I really don't know which one is worse: Micheal Cole on Monday nights, or robot Micheal Cole in WWE '13......

Maybe I will just go buy the Impact wrasslin game preowned again and call it a day.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#58 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

WCW arenas? Nope. There's older WWF PPV arenas, though.

"We focus on the WWE side of things, they were really getting beat down in the Monday Night Wars and were on the brink of bankruptcy.."

So, no WCW arenas, and Cory thinks the WWF almost went out of business? K.

It's also worth noting that there's "Angle Sucks!" chants at the beginning of the video.. surely that doesn't mean..

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#59 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

There's been absolutely nothing to make me think they've improved the game in key areas where it needs it most.
Posted Image

#60 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

If the Attitude Era thing works like LoWM, I will be pleased.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?