Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy ad 8/12-8/18 Gaming Blowout 2.0 FULL COMPLETE LIST REVEALED!

• Please log in to reply
3283 replies to this topic

#3151 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

Blowout 3.0 tomorrow?

:roll:

#3152 Esphyrian

Esphyrian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:39 AM

Blowout 3.0 tomorrow?

Two things, Blowouts start on Sunday AND it's already been confirmed there is no 3.0.

#3153 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:45 AM

Thanks to the cag who posted about the Disgaia 4 drop . Picked that up along with Batman B&B wii which is also on sale for $10 :lol:
Posted Image

#3154 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

So does Best Buy's instore pickup work pretty well? Never used it before.

#3155 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:59 AM

Boo! My FFIV just got cancelled....

On a better note, my $0.99 PSP headphones came in today. Look very decent, but no way would I have paid the $30 initial asking price.

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#3156 Fernando Rocker

Fernando Rocker

Nintendo Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:11 AM

Not on the list, but I got El Shaddai :360: for just $9.99 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition :360: for just $15.

#3157 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:14 AM

Ended up getting NeverDead (360), Nicktoons MLB (360) and Tekken Hybrid (PS3).

Nicktoons MLB is a fantastic arcade style MLB game. If you were a fan of Nick shows growing up, you should have fun with it too. A lot of the characters are ones that I remember and I haven't watched Nickelodeon since I was 12/13 (10 years). There's not a lot of game modes or anything, but I've definitely gotten my $10 out of it.

Tekken Hybrid is a remake of Tekken Tag Tournament 1 with HD graphics. Its the exact same game, just prettier. That also means, unfortunately, there is no Online modes for it. $10 was the perfect price for this for me, a hardcore fighting game fan who has little to no Tekken experience.

I haven't played NeverDead, but I wanted it at $30 and waited, so $10 seemed like a decent price to me.

#3158 Fernando Rocker

Fernando Rocker

Nintendo Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:15 AM

And also... Rage (Anarchy Edition) for just $9.99

Posted Image

#3159 Esphyrian

Esphyrian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:19 AM

Grr! Couldn't get Deus Ex during 1.0, and neither one of these are currently at my local BB. Nice score, tho.

#3160 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:39 AM

Well damn....

Checked my store even though inventory checker said no go on sunday and no Rayman, waited all week for it to come back in stock at BB.com....

Finally decided to head back over to my BB to get an ad so I could try to pricematch at target and noticed that they had one of those shelves in the middle of the isle like they did in the first blowout but wasnt there on sunday when I checked before and there sitting on the shelf was one last copy of Rayman for ps3....

Cant believe it was still there, score....
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3161 howlinmad

howlinmad

Harmful if swallowed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:11 AM

How does co-op on this game work? I think I read in the past it was poorly implemented somehow?

Co-op is not needed. Online co-op might still be active though. For local co op the camera system is an absolute mess.

Now playing
- Anything that strikes me as fun at the time.

My crap for trade

#3162 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:21 AM

How does co-op on this game work? I think I read in the past it was poorly implemented somehow?

Don't know much about the online, for local everything was smooth regarding co op aside from the camera issue. Once you enter local co op the camera is no longer adjustable and believe me its anooying as hell. For online, when someone is accessing the inventory, the ai will take over the actions so that the character will not appear as just standing there.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3163 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:42 AM

Got an e-mail telling me my order for FFIV was cancelled, yet it's not listed as being cancelled in my order status. My other two items (Spirit Camera and Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2) haven't been cancelled, despite being on back order still.

Honestly, did the site only have like 1 copy of each game and seriously not prepare for this sale?

#3164 J7.

J7.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:43 AM

Boo! My FFIV just got cancelled....

On a better note, my $0.99 PSP headphones came in today. Look very decent, but no way would I have paid the $30 initial asking price.

I hope you have an original PSP, I read those don't work on 2000 or 3000 and probably not Go.

#3165 IceTeaCrisis

IceTeaCrisis

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:51 AM

Do you have a SKU #?

a friend picked it up for me and i do not have the receipt. I'll try to get a hold of him and get an SKU

That game doesn't come with a manual so nothing was missing.

Thanks. after i meantioned that i seen on the back it said go to such and such site and download it. I don't ever remember buying a game with out at least like a two page instruction thing. It threw me off a little.

#3166 Aziatic1

Aziatic1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:53 AM

Got Dead Rising OTR for xbox, Hid it on sunday and grabbed it tonight once i heard the price was corrected

#3167 howlinmad

howlinmad

Harmful if swallowed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:17 AM

awesome....

Got Dead Rising OTR for xbox, Hid it on sunday and grabbed it tonight once i heard the price was corrected

Now playing
- Anything that strikes me as fun at the time.

My crap for trade

#3168 IceTeaCrisis

IceTeaCrisis

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:23 AM

I was going to hold out in-case that happened, but i ended up opening my PS3 copy. While i would of preferred it for Xbox I figured maybe it was a sign that i need to try more non exclusive games on it, and figured I'd have to make another trip, and hope it was still in stock there.

#3169 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:26 AM

Posted Image

Was Rage Anarchy not supposed to be on sale? I got it for $10 too. Also, the Bulletstorm Epic Edition for $5.

#3170 IceTeaCrisis

IceTeaCrisis

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:36 AM

Do you have a SKU #?

Try this one. 2758119
Was not able to get a hold of him, but i think i found it from the old best buy page url

From looking for the SKU it seems like it was on sale back around December of last year for $9.99 at Best Buy. Maybe some copies are still out on shelves that never got bought? Although i could not imagine it slipping by for 8 months. Thought they sent unsold stuff back after awhile, but i'm no expert at retail maybe they went unnoticed.

Hopefully that helps and you are able to track down a copy. I played the first few levels and have played 2017. They are neat games something a little different.

Edit again. I think the PS3 SKU is 2831033

Edited by IceTeaCrisis, 18 August 2012 - 06:08 AM.

#3171 hereon

hereon

Here-On Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:47 AM

Unfortunately the USPS likes to play hackey sack with some packages I think. So if anything I'd crack those games open and if they're messed up you'll have no other choice but to try returning/exchanging at a local BB store.

I swear my guys would play soccer with my packages for the longest time and just stuff them in the mailbox resulting in several cracked cases. :roll: I ended up having to call and ask them not to stuff things in my mailbox when they clearly didn't fit too well, I could usually see a corner of a package sticking out of a half closed mailbox.

Now they arrive placed nicely next to the door, and the new guy I enjoy giving him a drink on those hotter days. Kind of a like a thank you for not smashing my packages :lol:

Currently playing: :joystick:
:ps3: Hitman: Absolution  :twoguns:  :-$ 
:psp: Limbo  :applause:

gallery_474050_8161_109072.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

#3172 edoubledeezy

edoubledeezy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:16 AM

Poor wallet, but I got some great deals, got rage, bulletstorm, rayman, the COD controller, two gamecube wireless controllers, and two headphone stands. All that was still less than the price of a brand new game. Great sale.

#3173 Esphyrian

Esphyrian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:56 AM

Guys is rayman really that good? I used to love donkey kong country and Mario, so I might give it a shot tomorrow since its the last day. I usually am into games with gore, graphics and murder and more murder but I do see myself shelling out $10 for rayman

I actually picked it up b/c it was cheap (and b/c of all the hype), but later returned it. I'm like you, into murder, horror, hack 'n slash action/RPG type games etc. Never been too fond of platformers, so I knew the game probably wouldn't get played very often if at all. To each their own, I suppose.

#3174 jokoloko

jokoloko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

Posted Image

El Shaddai at 10$ is a buy for me.

Anyway I got my PS3 BLOPS controller and it is absolutely garbage. It lags constantly, drops connection every second, and the freaking L1 R1 buttons are mushier than baby food.

This thing is going back first thing in the morning.

#3175 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

Picked up
Rayman Origins PS3
Rayman Origins 360
Rayman Origins Wii

Great. Would appreciate your feedback on which version is the best and why, and whether I should take a special trip tomorrow to pick up the PS3 version over the 360 and Wii versions.

(Yes, I know this requires opening and playing them all this morning, but it's your chance to give back to your fellow CAGs! :)

#3176 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

So who got DR2 successfully shipped and order it when the sale went live? because I didn't... and I was refreshing like crazy lol.... something is wrong here

Did anyone get their OTR shipped? Lol all I'm seeing so far are cancellations, add me to the list too. :P

There's a few available a hour away from here, but no way I'm driving out there just for one game.

If I said Yes, wouldn't that just make you feel worse?

#3177 Aziatic1

Aziatic1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

I was going to hold out in-case that happened, but i ended up opening my PS3 copy. While i would of preferred it for Xbox I figured maybe it was a sign that i need to try more non exclusive games on it, and figured I'd have to make another trip, and hope it was still in stock there.

Every BB tapped outta that by now, it was only one copy on sunday wen i went and i did it cause it wasnt online so noone could order cause a few people were there that morning. Driver 3, vanquish was on clearance and DS2 were the ones i bought, but lets just say i was able to get mine off the top like p diddy does with artists that leave bad boy lol

#3178 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

Great. Would appreciate your feedback on which version is the best and why, and whether I should take a special trip tomorrow to pick up the PS3 version over the 360 and Wii versions.

(Yes, I know this requires opening and playing them all this morning, but it's your chance to give back to your fellow CAGs! :)

Ps3 version has stereo sound. 360 would be the winner i would assume.( I however have it ps3, so that's not a biased statement)

#3179 ubdu

ubdu

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

Ugh, the Blops controllers are terrible. Got two of each for each system.

The two for PS3 won't hold a charge, and one of them drops its signal every few minutes.

One 360 has a control pad that is not sensitive enough to pressure. The other one seems fine so far!

157446.png1971290-1-GregGale.png

#3180 IceTeaCrisis

IceTeaCrisis

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

Poor wallet, but I got some great deals, got rage, bulletstorm, rayman, the COD controller, two gamecube wireless controllers, and two headphone stands. All that was still less than the price of a brand new game. Great sale.

Seems like when i go i end up grabbing 5 or 6 10 dollar games because they are so cheap, and i can't pass up a video game for 10 dollars . I'm almost positive I'll get at least 10 dollars worth of enjoyment out of it. They always say something like that in store.

Wow you just got 6 new games for the price of one game. That's crazy

For some reason it always feels a little weird to me.