Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy ad 8/12-8/18 Gaming Blowout 2.0 FULL COMPLETE LIST REVEALED!

• Please log in to reply
3283 replies to this topic

#3181 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

Ugh, the Blops controllers are terrible. Got two of each for each system.

The two for PS3 won't hold a charge, and one of them drops its signal every few minutes.

One 360 has a control pad that is not sensitive enough to pressure. The other one seems fine so far!

Hopefully thats not the case with my ps3 controller. Ive seen reviews on youtube and everyone basically loved them.

#3182 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

Ps3 version has stereo sound. 360 would be the winner i would assume.( I however have it ps3, so that's not a biased statement)

Thanks. Hadn't heard that Rayman Origins PS3 audio was "gimped", so I Googled it. Someone on GameFAQs claimed the 360 only has stereo tracks, too. So far haven't read a post from someone who said they had both and compared the actual output (vs. what's on the box).

Edited by gantt, 18 August 2012 - 04:19 PM.

#3183 GaMeR_2007

GaMeR_2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

Hopefully thats not the case with my ps3 controller. Ive seen reviews on youtube and everyone basically loved them.

It's already started happening with my PS3 controller soon after I started using it. Like buttons have to be pressed several times before it clicks and it sticks, the analog sticks get stuck on options or letters and moves all over the place. It's been pretty great for gameplay though but still lagging a bit. I'm just wondering if it's because it needs to be charged.

#3184 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

It's already started happening with my PS3 controller soon after I started using it. Like buttons have to be pressed several times before it clicks and it sticks, the analog sticks get stuck on options or letters and moves all over the place. It's been pretty great for gameplay though but still lagging a bit. I'm just wondering if it's because it needs to be charged.

Well thats good to hear. To get a wireless controller for $10 is great imo, even if there is some side effects.

#3185 GaMeR_2007

GaMeR_2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

^ Right, I agree. I've still been enjoying it regardless.

#3186 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

I know it's slim pickens but I might go to one of the downtown BB after work to see what's left. I would like a western RPG or shooter since I haven't played any before. Hopefully they still have some $5 and $10 games left that's decent.

#3187 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

The Bloomington, IL still had a decent stock yesterday...including Rayman. Too bad it didn't have DR2:OTR...the only game I wanted that I couldn't track down.

#3188 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

The Bloomington, IL still had a decent stock yesterday...including Rayman. Too bad it didn't have DR2:OTR...the only game I wanted that I couldn't track down.

Stay away from my store! :booty:

Did you see Rayman for PS3 or 360? I wanted it for PS3, but they only had 360 copies left.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3189 CHADSTONe

CHADSTONe

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

My two copies of Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock got cancelled :-/ . Ordered literally 3 minutes after the sale started. Was gonna be a good cheap Christmas gift for my bro

#3190 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

Did you see Rayman for PS3 or 360? I wanted it for PS3, but they only had 360 copies left.

Just a lone 360 copy. I didn't glance at the PS3 games much.

#3191 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

Great. Would appreciate your feedback on which version is the best and why, and whether I should take a special trip tomorrow to pick up the PS3 version over the 360 and Wii versions.

(Yes, I know this requires opening and playing them all this morning, but it's your chance to give back to your fellow CAGs! :)

8-) I've already Flipped the 360 and Wii versions.

Ps3 is the one to keep IMO. Rayman is a classic 2d platformer (The game is challenging and requires execution) and the Dualshock's Directional Pad makes me feel right at home.

#3192 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

Flip to where? Best Buy gives you $5 before promo, Amazon give $7.5

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3193 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

Haven't been on here in a few days, What happened to the possible sale starting tomorrow?

#3194 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

I suspected you were one of those, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

#3195 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

Slightly disappointed there wasn't a significant restock of the more popular titles but I guess that's to be expected since they're trying to get rid of them. I imagine they aren't making a significant profit but I know next to nothing about the relationships Best Buy has with the distributors.

#3196 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

Thanks. Hadn't heard that Rayman Origins PS3 audio was "gimped", so I Googled it. Someone on GameFAQs claimed the 360 only has stereo tracks, too. So far haven't read a post from someone who said they had both and compared the actual output (vs. what's on the box).

It's actually not gimped, but I heard that the 360 version outputs Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, while the PS3 instead outputs dolby 7.1 pcm. So if you have a receiver that accepts that format of surround, the PS3 has better audio. It's just that most of us only have dolby digital 5.1 setups and so the ps3 version defaults down to stereo if our settings aren't 7.1, which makes people think it is inferior. Not sure why they didn't offer the more common 5.1 on ps3. If you just use your tv speakers, it doesn't matter which you get.

Graphically, I personally thought the 360 picture was more vibrant and cartoony, while the ps3 was a little more earthtone and darker. So the 360 version seemed more appropriate for this style of game.

#3197 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

Where is tomorrows ad?

#3198 cheapgamer 23

cheapgamer 23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

Will bestbuy take back a opened batman controller?

#3199 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

LOL @ graphics whores bitching at each other....play a game cuz it's fun not cuz it's zomg teh pretties':roll:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#3200 Tricky

Tricky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

I picked up the following at Best Buy B&M. Thanks OP!

:wii: Rayman Origins
Rhythm Heaven Fever

:ds: America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking

:3ds: Game Card Cases 3 Pack

Waiting to see if they ship my Rhythm Heaven Fever order from Best Buy.com.

#3201 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

LOL @ graphics whores bitching at each other....play a game cuz it's fun not cuz it's zomg teh pretties':roll:

Play a game like flOwer with bad graphics, you're opinion will change. But yes, graphics come second.

#3202 BiggNick

BiggNick

One Man Army

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

Sweet. Last day and I got Tekken Hybrid and Dirt 3 for $21.xx . Didn't think anything would be left.
Every man dies; not every man really lives...

#3203 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:18 PM

Had a good haul from this sale. :)

Also Darkness 2 for $15.
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#3204 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

I suspected you were one of those, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Flipped To my little cousin's. :-#

Stop Judging me. Gas ain't cheap and the Nearest BB is an Hour away.

Flip to where? Best Buy gives you $5 before promo, Amazon give $7.5

To my little cousins for $15

#3205 seanmcc

seanmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:43 PM

No way! Thats my store!

3 CAGers at one store? Nooo! Lol

I find a surprising amount of good stuff there sometimes though.

#3206 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

No way! Thats my store!

3 CAGers at one store? Nooo! Lol

I find a surprising amount of good stuff there sometimes though.

CAGs!!! CAGers would be CheapAssGamerers. Just a pet peeve of mine, take no offense please

#3207 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

Flipped To my little cousin's. :-#

Stop Judging me. Gas ain't cheap and the Nearest BB is an Hour away.

To my little cousins for $15

You're right, I misjudged. You're not someone who buys games at retail with the sole intention of selling them to a stranger for a profit. You buy games at retail with the sole intention of selling them to children in your family for a profit. My bad.

#3208 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

Surprised I still see 10-20 copies of America's Test Kitchen Let's Get Cooking! in each store I go to this late. Sure it's pretty much just an interactive digital cookbook, but for $1.99 you can give it a try or give out as cheap gifts.

#3209 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

Went to the Walden Galleria Best Buy to pick up Rayman for Vita with the ad. Cashier called over the "gaming guy" who looked at the ad and said " it is only good for the wii version" i said, "no, it clearly states that pricing is good for all available platforms." He snottily replied," well, the vita version is too new. It isnt part of the sale."
I said " according to the ad, it is. But whatever."
Drove over to the Best Buy on Transit Ave, grabbed an ad and the game and went to the checkout. Cashier says she loves the game and rang it up. Told her that according to the ad it should be $10. She looked at the ad, said," yes, it should." She did a few key strokes on the terminal and the price adjusted to $9.99. Didnt need a manager override or anything.
So screw you galleria gaming guy. I hate employees who act like the money deducted from the thing they are selling is coming out of their pockets.

#3210 edoubledeezy

edoubledeezy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

Went to the Walden Galleria Best Buy to pick up Rayman for Vita with the ad. Cashier called over the "gaming guy" who looked at the ad and said " it is only good for the wii version" i said, "no, it clearly states that pricing is good for all available platforms." He snottily replied," well, the vita version is too new. It isnt part of the sale."
I said " according to the ad, it is. But whatever."
Drove over to the Best Buy on Transit Ave, grabbed an ad and the game and went to the checkout. Cashier says she loves the game and rang it up. Told her that according to the ad it should be $10. She looked at the ad, said," yes, it should." She did a few key strokes on the terminal and the price adjusted to $9.99. Didnt need a manager override or anything.
So screw you galleria gaming guy. I hate employees who act like the money deducted from the thing they are selling is coming out of their pockets.

I had the exact same experience at my best buy in Eastvale CA. I ended up going for a big drive and figured I'd try my luck at another best buy I was passing no problem.