Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy ad 8/12-8/18 Gaming Blowout 2.0 FULL COMPLETE LIST REVEALED!

• Please log in to reply
3283 replies to this topic

#931 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:01 AM

Yes it will

Thanks, I want to get Kirby's Epic Yarn for my son but I will be out of town this weekend and I'm sure lots of the games will sell out 1st day.

#932 Jayrcee

Jayrcee

CAG Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:06 AM

no Assassin's Creed Brotherhood?

Second this...kinda disappointed not seeing it on the list.

#933 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:09 AM

No Forza 4? I am a sad cookie.

No actual crazy discounts? Im a sad panda.

#934 ChosenOne1

ChosenOne1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:12 AM

$20 off the 160gb PS3...meh, I'll wait till the Super Slim release soon.

#935 JohnDM

JohnDM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:30 AM

Wow, Rhythm Heaven Fever will be $5? If that's true than I will jump on that like crazy, so some you guys better not just buy "only 10" copies each to flip. I will be sad then.

#936 KratosGOW2525

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:33 AM

Is this in-store only? Or online as well?

#937 ryanputsgf

ryanputsgf

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:47 AM

Thinking of picking up a couple Batarang controllers for 360. For those who have it do you like it, does it play well, and last long?

Ya I love mine for the ps3 it's the same been using it since February and the only wear is the buttons like the X and O are wearing off but its great.

#938 Jay

Jay

Free and Fearless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:59 AM

Is this in-store only? Or online as well?

Both but they way people seem to be doing this instore pick up crap you might as well say instore.

#939 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

Both but they way people seem to be doing this instore pick up crap you might as well say instore.

Why is in-store pickup crap perse? I think it's good in a way, in that if you know you can't get to the store before 2-3pm the day the sale starts you can order something and have it waiting for you. I'll admit it sucks if there's only 1-2 of an item in stock and the store sells out of those before a sale due to people pre-buying. But there's not much you can do other than adapt your buying methods so you get in on the deals.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#940 Roll

Roll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:10 AM

Okay so if I were to pick up in store, how would i get the price adjustment? will it be automatic or do I have to specifically ask for one?
also I want a game, but it isn't available in any stores close to me. If I were to order online, could I get a price adjustment on the game when it arrives? Is this a good idea?

#941 KratosGOW2525

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:12 AM

Why is in-store pickup crap perse? I think it's good in a way, in that if you know you can't get to the store before 2-3pm the day the sale starts you can order something and have it waiting for you. I'll admit it sucks if there's only 1-2 of an item in stock and the store sells out of those before a sale due to people pre-buying. But there's not much you can do other than adapt your buying methods so you get in on the deals.

I agree. I might do this, I want Rayman, and the DefJam Rapstar Bundle, since it's only 9.99. I will be waking up very early, doing in-store pick up, and picking up these games before I go to work.

#942 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:15 AM

I'm not gonna bother prebuying. But I will be up at 1:30 am and putting in a store pickup order. If it's already sold out by the absolute start of the sale, then so be it.

also, per se is two words.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#943 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:16 AM

also I want a game, but it isn't available in any stores close to me. If I were to order online, could I get a price adjustment on the game when it arrives? Is this a good idea?

I can field this one.

Keep in mind that the sale is valid for seven days. If you were to go ahead and order an item, say, for $29.99, and it arrives before 8/18, yeah, you can get it price adjusted. The problem, though, is that if you used a debit card, since the website is a different entity or whatever, they have to refund the full amount ($29.99) back to your credit card, then charge you the $9.99 sale price (This gets the item back in their inventory then takes it out again). The $29.99 will take a few days to post back to your account.. so essentially, for a few days, you'll be out $39.99.

If you don't mind that, go for it.

You guys are talking me into Rayman Origins. Is it supposed to be pretty good?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#944 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:20 AM

Almost overshot Tekken Hybrid! Thanks for the ! signs!

Gotta get that!

Edit: Maybe Nicktoons MLB too.

#945 silkysmooth

silkysmooth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:37 AM

How is Rayman 3D? Worth $10? I'm sorta in the mood for a 3D platformer type game.

#946 OrionBrando

OrionBrando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:38 AM

I'm going to order online Rayman Origins, Dead Rising 2: Off the Record and deciding between Crysis 2 or Bodycount, I was "in" for Crysis 2 when I looked that the product don't qualify for free shipping.
Thanks for everything MM

#947 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:46 AM

Oh hell no!:-# I wonder if Best Buy is pulling stock to hold for the sale or if the pre-buying has started......:-k:hot: Looks like I'll be checking for a DS2 Limited Edition(for Extraction) tomorrow!

I'd be really surprised if that's what was happening, Barbie. I mean, the fixture for the Gaming Blowout already is set up from the first time around and to fully stock it should not take that long. If that happened sometime on Sat. I could see that, but not this early. I guess we need a BB/CAG to chime in to let us know for sure if that was indeed happening. As for me, 4 of the 6 items I wanted were available everywhere around me. The 2 I had a problem with were in terribly short supply though. Tetris-only 1 store anywhere around me had it in stock and that store was 45 minutes away and Rabbids-again only 1 store had it which was 30 minutes away. I'll pick up the 4 on Sunday by the store closest to me and those other 2 will have to wait till Tues. when I will be out in that area anyway. Still, my guess is prebuyers have annihilated stock levels by now and that's why the problem rather than stock being pulled. Any BB workers wanna inform us on what's going on behind the scenes?8-[

#948 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:03 AM

I'm getting anxious about this sale. Only a few items I wanted are available when I was walking around my local BB. I hope it remains there until the sale starts.
Posted Image

#949 Illmatic73

Illmatic73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:04 AM

Anyone know the sku for Dead Rising: OTR for Xbox? I can't find it on the site :| Thanks :)

#950 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:34 AM

Just got my $5 RZ cert, might really get Neverdead then despite the negative word of mouth, the gameplay vids look pretty crazy.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#951 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:35 AM

Google the names of any games you can't find listings for on the BB website anymore and look for results that say review.bestbuy .com .

Posted Image

#952 cooljammer00

cooljammer00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:45 AM

How are those two Xbox 360 controllers as PC controllers? The Black Ops one and the Batarang one?

#953 Syranth

Syranth

Formerly WormFOODx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:48 AM

Official Playstation Vita Cradle (SKU# 4759751)

This is the wrong sku for the Vita Cradle. Can you confirm that this is what will be on sale?

#954 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

Long Live Metal Music!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:52 AM

How is Rayman 3D? Worth $10? I'm sorta in the mood for a 3D platformer type game.

I got it for either $10 or $12 a while ago, personally I hated it. The 3D was not done correctly, like it had 'ghosting' issues as well as controls and camera system was terrible. Personally I'd pass on it.

Official Playstation Vita Cradle (SKU# 4759751)

This is the wrong sku for the Vita Cradle. Can you confirm that this is what will be on sale?

Yeah I've mentioned it a couple pages ago that the SKU is CORRECT but the description was wrong. I will fix the OP now.
MidnightMetalMayhemAA-620x200.jpg
:wiiu:- Super Mario 3D World
:ps3:- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
:3ds:- Pokemon Battle Trozei
:vita:- Nothing

#955 DestinyHero

DestinyHero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:07 AM

Guys not to be a scumbag or anything,

If you were to order these titles now online and get in store pickup, you would get the 10 dollar gift card in your e-mail for picking the games up. After Sunday when the ad is active you go back to price match, do they revoke the gift card they e-mailed you as well or what?

#956 Esphyrian

Esphyrian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:24 AM

Ya I love mine for the ps3 it's the same been using it since February and the only wear is the buttons like the X and O are wearing off but its great.

Thanks for the input! Definitely, want to get a pair of these.

If everything I want is still in stock 1:00am Sunday morning, I may do two orders of $50 to get $20 in certs. Thanks alot BB, at this rate I'd be lucky to finish my backlog by 2014.

#957 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:32 AM

I'd be really surprised if that's what was happening, Barbie. I mean, the fixture for the Gaming Blowout already is set up from the first time around and to fully stock it should not take that long. If that happened sometime on Sat. I could see that, but not this early. I guess we need a BB/CAG to chime in to let us know for sure if that was indeed happening. As for me, 4 of the 6 items I wanted were available everywhere around me. The 2 I had a problem with were in terribly short supply though. Tetris-only 1 store anywhere around me had it in stock and that store was 45 minutes away and Rabbids-again only 1 store had it which was 30 minutes away. I'll pick up the 4 on Sunday by the store closest to me and those other 2 will have to wait till Tues. when I will be out in that area anyway. Still, my guess is prebuyers have annihilated stock levels by now and that's why the problem rather than stock being pulled. Any BB workers wanna inform us on what's going on behind the scenes?8-[

Yeah. Looks like I'm going to have to get my azz on the ball! Especially if the story about some lady wiping out copies of Rayman(already have this) is true!:-# For now, I'm only gonna get 1 thing, though. Even though my list has gone from 2-3 items to, like, 8 or something.

Not sure if I'm feeling all of the riding around for stuff. I'll try to be online when the sale starts. Maybe online will be stocked with everything!

With as known as this sale has gotten, we're gonna have to have some Game-Show-Quick hands when the sale starts! Start practicing!:rofl:

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#958 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

With as known as this sale has gotten, we're gonna have to have some Game-Show-Quick hands when the sale starts! Start practicing!:rofl:

Big bucks, big bucks, no whammies.;)

Posted Image

#959 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:41 AM

Big bucks, big bucks, no whammies.;)

Haha! I've heard that phrase before then I saw the show on GSN for the first time like a year ago or something. It's so corny, lmao, but fun! I watch it every once in a while.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#960 Jay

Jay

Free and Fearless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:44 AM

Why is in-store pickup crap perse?

It just gives hoarders and flippers more options to hoard and flip games,i recall someone mentionig earlier that stock was already being empty at their local store,hopefully bestbuy will do something about this in the future.