Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy ad 8/12-8/18 Gaming Blowout 2.0 FULL COMPLETE LIST REVEALED!

• Please log in to reply
3283 replies to this topic

#961 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

Haha! I've heard that phrase before then I saw the show on GSN for the first time like a year ago or something. It's so corny, lmao, but fun! I watch it every once in a while.

If you get a chance, watch the special GSN did about a player from the 80's version of the show named Michael Larson. Essentially the guy watched the show incessantly and found there was a pattern to where the lighted squares stopped and what came up on those squares.

It just gives hoarders and flippers more options to hoard and flip games,i recall someone mentionig earlier that stock was already being empty at their local store,hopefully bestbuy will do something about this in the future.

:rofl: Did you see the list earlier in this thread that detailed just some of the places this sale list has been cut/pasted to? If anything, I'd blame the widespread knowledge of this list in advance of the sale for some of the stores being cleared out already.

But blaming BB for giving shoppers in general options with the in-store pickup and then tacking on that it'll help aid and abet hoarders/flippers to hoard and flip is really, really reaching imo.

Edited by IAmTheCheapestGamer, 10 August 2012 - 08:56 AM.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#962 Daigoro

Daigoro

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:37 AM

It just gives hoarders and flippers more options to hoard and flip games,i recall someone mentionig earlier that stock was already being empty at their local store,hopefully bestbuy will do something about this in the future.

maybe, but it also give people like me a chance to actually reserve a game i want before the scumbags clear out the store stock.

#963 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

When will we hear news about the 3dS XL trade in offers ? :roll:

#964 GaMeR_2007

GaMeR_2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

Google the names of any games you can't find listings for on the BB website anymore and look for results that say review.bestbuy .com .

Thanks IATCG. :)

#965 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

So I have 2 games I want to trade-in which according to the website, are for $5 and $6, meaning $16.50 with the 50% bonus. Do I get this trade-in bonus regardless or must I use it for a purchase or pre-order?

I am looking into using my UFC 2010 and NBA 2k11 trade-ins to either snatch GT5 XL or peruse the $9.99 and below games in the store.

88029980.jpg

3DS, DS, GameCube, N64, PS2, PS3, PC, DVDs, iPod: Here

#966 DemiFiendRSA

DemiFiendRSA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

I enjoyed Rhythm Heaven on the DS so I'll be grabbing Fever for $5 when it's live on Sunday.:)
Save $5 off your first purchase at glyde.com

#967 smurphyzeke

smurphyzeke

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

Ugh, maybe one or two games that I don't have.

The BB nearby is moving soon, though I think it will be closed by Sunday. So no 40%+ discount on some items.

#968 fableflav

fableflav

Movie Review Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

Despite looking pretty stupid, the black ops 360 controller is my personal favorite to play with. I would highly recommend it. I'm going to hope I can manage to snag one online at that price point.

#969 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

It's too bad they don't sell guitars anymore or else I would be all over those Guitar Hero/Rock Band games for the 360.

Rayman Origins, Dead Space 2, Child of Eden, and 3rd Birthday are on my list for next week.

Is Singularity any good?
Posted Image

#970 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

It's too bad they don't sell guitars anymore or else I would be all over those Guitar Hero/Rock Band games for the 360.

Rayman Origins, Dead Space 2, Child of Eden, and 3rd Birthday are on my list for next week.

Is Singularity any good?

People and some reviews ive seen of the game compare it to bioshock. I kinda does look like it since one the glove on one of your hands has powers(sorta like plasmids). Im gonna watch some more reviews and gameplay to see if I really want this one.

#971 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

Guys not to be a scumbag or anything,

If you were to order these titles now online and get in store pickup, you would get the 10 dollar gift card in your e-mail for picking the games up. After Sunday when the ad is active you go back to price match, do they revoke the gift card they e-mailed you as well or what?

This is a good question.

Someone with knowledge on the subject please answer

#972 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

I'm going to trade in Hot Shots Golf but don't think I'll be able to do it till Sunday morning. I'm hoping that I can still get the 50% trade in bonus by than.

Getting Rayman: Origins and Rhythm Heaven Fever. Rayman is still in stock by my nearby store but not RHF. Might have to order online and get a instore pickup and than price adjust it.

If the deal starts early online, I'm going to ship to store both. Going to wait till the 12th before I even do that though.

Hopefully either way I'll still be able to get both. Hopefully they have Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition for $10 too.

#973 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

This is a good question.

Someone with knowledge on the subject please answer

No, they will not revoke it.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#974 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

So I have 2 games I want to trade-in which according to the website, are for $5 and $6, meaning $16.50 with the 50% bonus. Do I get this trade-in bonus regardless or must I use it for a purchase or pre-order?

I am looking into using my UFC 2010 and NBA 2k11 trade-ins to either snatch GT5 XL or peruse the $9.99 and below games in the store.

You get the value on a Best Buy gift card that you can use on anything in the store. You get the bonus regardless, don't need to preorder or purchase any specfici item.

Better than GameStop promotions?

#975 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

Haha! I've heard that phrase before then I saw the show on GSN for the first time like a year ago or something. It's so corny, lmao, but fun! I watch it every once in a while.

What?? Press your luck is the shit. I love watching that show. Perhaps my favorite game show of all thime.

#976 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

I picked up my copy of Def Jam Rapstar at K-Mart for $3.99 so what is Best Buy's excuse for charging the same price for the game as the bundle?

There is a thing called clearance prices.

You see clearance prices are generally store specific. Just because you found a copy for that cheap, doesn't mean it was that price at every K-Mart. Just like really cheap (and good) games people find marked down at Walmart, it is always only at the specific store.

Most places don't price match clearances, especially since clearances like that aren't really advertised.

Think logically before making stupid comments.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#977 Backlash2332x

Backlash2332x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

I'm not gonna bother prebuying. But I will be up at 1:30 am and putting in a store pickup order. If it's already sold out by the absolute start of the sale, then so be it.

also, per se is two words.

same idea I'm going by. if it happens to be sold out when the sale goes live, I've got plenty of games to play and prebuyers are saving me money.

#978 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

Would the Madcatz COD controller be usable with a PC? I could use a cheap high quality wired controller for certain Steam games.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#979 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

Would the Madcatz COD controller be usable with a PC? I could use a cheap high quality wired controller for certain Steam games.

I haven't actually even opened it yet but that's the reason why I bought mine in the first place and someone else confirmed for me at the time that it did indeed work with PC. So, there you go. :)

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#980 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

Excellent. Appreciate the info, foodaddy (and other mysterious person).

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#981 Wal_Target

Wal_Target

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

Does anyone know if the Rocketfish Gamecube Wireless Controller's are any good? I'm hoping to get two of them if they are reliable.

I've read the reviews on BB's website but I wanted to know about any of the CAG's experiences with it.

#982 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

Is this sale also online? What time would it start? Sunday night at 12:00AM Pacific/3:00AM Eastern?

(I searched through thread and didn't see a note.)

cagSig.png515886.png

#983 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

Is this sale online, too? What time would it start? Sunday night at 12:00AM Pacific/3:00AM Eastern?

(I searched through thread and didn't see a note.)

Nothing against you, but these questions should REEEEEAALYYYY be put in the OP with the phrase "SEE OP!"!!!!!

In store/online. Around 1-1:20am eastern.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#984 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

Nothing against you, but these questions should REEEEEAALYYYY be put in the OP with the phrase "SEE OP!"!!!!!

What? Something about a broken record?
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#985 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

If you get a chance, watch the special GSN did about a player from the 80's version of the show named Michael Larson. Essentially the guy watched the show incessantly and found there was a pattern to where the lighted squares stopped and what came up on those squares.

Hope I remember to look that up!

What?? Press your luck is the shit. I love watching that show. Perhaps my favorite game show of all thime.

We're talking about Whammy!:booty:

What? Something about a broken record?

:-\":booty:

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#986 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

Hope I remember to look that up!

We're talking about Whammy!:booty:

The show is called Press Your Luck. :booty::booty:2x Right Back At You

#987 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

Thanks!

Are you saying the info was given in the OP? I'm looking both at the OP and his 2nd post and I don't see those times/locations listed.

cagSig.png515886.png

#988 brianace

brianace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

The show is called Press Your Luck. :booty::booty:2x Right Back At You

Wait...You're both right. Press Your Luck is the awesome 80's game show hosted by Peter Tomarken (RIP). The shitty 2000's revival of this series was simply called...Whammy!

#989 A_Dang

A_Dang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

Quick question, that may have been answered:
If I order now and choose In-Store pickup and pay with a gift card, how does BB treat its price match? Will I get the refund in a gift card (which would make the most sense)? Any chance that BB would cheat me out of the price match?

Thanks in advance!

#990 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

Quick question, that may have been answered:
If I order now and choose In-Store pickup and pay with a gift card, how does BB treat its price match? Will I get the refund in a gift card (which would make the most sense)? Any chance that BB would cheat me out of the price match?

Thanks in advance!

You always get money back in the form you paid with. If you no longer have the GC you used they can give you a new one.