Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy ad 8/12-8/18 Gaming Blowout 2.0 FULL COMPLETE LIST REVEALED!

• Please log in to reply
3283 replies to this topic

#991 A_Dang

A_Dang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

You always get money back in the form you paid with. If you no longer have the GC you used they can give you a new one.

Thanks! So I should have no fear of buying now, while the games are still (hopefully) in stock? Awesome!

#992 IceColdKilla44

IceColdKilla44

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

Aww, crap. I was really hoping it was the official Vita cradle on sale and not the media stand kit.

Oh well, saves me $5 I guess.

#993 kudzero

kudzero

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

Ok this is probably a dumb question and.. I think I'm about to answer it myself, but here goes. Is the Beatles: Rock Band $9.99 for the bundle since the other music games ie. Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock say "software only" next to the title. If it does apply to the bundle is there a way to check local stock online since I cant find the Beatles RB bundle on the BB site. Thanks and sorry if this has already been answered some where in the forum.

#994 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

I have a question, is the official Hdmi cable of ps3 worth $19.99
What is the difference between this Cable and 2 bucks one?

#995 rpmboy

rpmboy

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

I have a question, is the official Hdmi cable of ps3 worth $19.99
What is the difference between this Cable and 2 bucks one?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but:

1. NO
2. Jack Shit.

#996 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

I have a question, is the official Hdmi cable of ps3 worth $19.99?

No HDMI cable is worth more than $10, tops, and you can get them for much cheaper. It carries a digital signal, and as long as it gets there, a cheap cable will perform just as well as an expensive one. Make an order from monoprice.com if you need cables.

Only other suggestion I'd make is that if you want a thin HDMI cable, Amazon has some good cheap ones here. I'm using mine with a 360 and a PS3 and don't notice any loss of signal. And they are less than half as thick as normal cables.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#997 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

1. NO
2. Jack Shit.

Thank you...I rather use this $20 to buy two more games.haha:)

#998 kudzero

kudzero

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

1. NO
2. Jack Shit.

Maybe if you are trying to watch 3D content the cable needs to support a higher bandwidth?

#999 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

Perhaps this "scenario" was asked before, but I'll ask anyways...

I want inFAMOUS, but not being entirely sure I can get it when the sale goes live, can I go right now and buy it in-store for retail, then go back when the sale is live and price match it for $9.99 and get some of my money back? Or to do that would there need to be an actual in stock inFAMOUS in store to do the PM?

I'm RZ/GCU Premier Silver if that makes any difference..
Posted Image

#1000 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Does anyone know if the Rocketfish Gamecube Wireless Controller's are any good? I'm hoping to get two of them if they are reliable.

I've read the reviews on BB's website but I wanted to know about any of the CAG's experiences with it.

While I have no experience with Rocketfish's controllers (as not able to answer your question directly at all :-#), but if you are open to the idea, I would just use some cheap cable extensions for your current wired controllers (Amazon link, there are alot of choices on there). My personal gripe with anything 3rd party wireless is the possibility of input lag, plus I hate charging batteries, plus I already had four GCN wired remotes.

Of course the sale right now is just as cheap as buying the extension cables, but I guess its food for thought in the future...

#1001 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

No HDMI cable is worth more than $10, tops, and you can get them for much cheaper. It carries a digital signal, and as long as it gets there, a cheap cable will perform just as well as an expensive one. Make an order from monoprice.com if you need cables.

Only other suggestion I'd make is that if you want a thin HDMI cable, Amazon has some good cheap ones here. I'm using mine with a 360 and a PS3 and don't notice any loss of signal. And they are less than half as thick as normal cables.

Thank you for your opinion, I decide not to buy now! Save more money. Actually,I am just using the 2 bucks Hdmi cable from newegg. It is working fine right now. But I'm just curious whether I need to buy a new one for insurance

#1002 rpmboy

rpmboy

Maybe if you are trying to watch 3D content the cable needs to support a higher bandwidth?

True, but i think the cable Strell linked should be enough, IIRC.

#1003 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I've got a 3D TV and I can't tell a difference regardless of the "quality" of the cables. I would pay for disk protection when I buy a game before I paid more for a hdmi cable if you know what I mean.

#1004 aramsey1986

aramsey1986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

I am in for

- bulletstorm
- wolfenstein
- rage
- crysis 2
- rayman origins
- singularity

I might snag sorcery but not sure.

#1005 kudzero

kudzero

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

I've got a 3D TV and I can't tell a difference regardless of the "quality" of the cables. I would pay for disk protection when I buy a game before I paid more for a hdmi cable if you know what I mean.

I have a Samsung 3D tv and HDMI 1.4 cuts down on some of the ghosting vs. HDMI 1.3 IMO

#1006 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

Is that the full, finalized list?

Because the TIV for Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition just got nuked to $1..

/edit: Oh, when you click the link, it takes you to a regular copy of New Vegas

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1007 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

Nice job, show him the wrath of CAG!!

Since he is most likely a CAG, he should know better.

Thank you very much shrike, greatly appreciated.

That was a lot of work you did with that list, I wanted to make sure you had your correct due for it.

I'd defer to Monoprice.com cables every time. I've had them for years and never had any issues with any of them. My 360 and PS3 have used Monoprice cables for multiple years without any issue as well.

I've see that cabled linked above on Amazon and it seems to be a reasonable cable with the good reviews it has. I'd always stick to Monoprice every time, though.

#1008 rpmboy

rpmboy

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

Getting:

:360: Rayman Origins
:wii: Rhythm Heaven Fever
:360: 10 bucks back on my driver

#1009 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

I'd always stick to Monoprice every time, though.

Aye, I default to them for almost every cable I need. And they've recently started adding other things of interest, like mechanical keyboards and surround sound systems.

Thin HDMI cables became a necessity due to some routing issues I've got in my current setup, which is the only reason I went with the link at Amazon. You can be sure I checked Monoprice first to see if they had an equivalent.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#1010 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Is the link not working for anyone else? Wanted to check the list but I just get a "Page not found."

http://www.youtube.com/KyleFedora

Posted Image
Backloggery

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#1011 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

Aye, I default to them for almost every cable I need. And they've recently started adding other things of interest, like mechanical keyboards and surround sound systems.

Thin HDMI cables became a necessity due to some routing issues I've got in my current setup, which is the only reason I went with the link at Amazon. You can be sure I checked Monoprice first to see if they had an equivalent.

Thank you,then I buy a cheap cable in monoprice

#1012 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

I am sure this has been answered many times. However, after much research I haven't found it.

So if I order two games ($30 and $35) for in store pick up and they are matched down on Sunday when I pick them up, will I qualify for the extra $10 on $50 purchases? Or does it have to be over $50 when you pick it up? If so, I could always order, go pick it up today, then price match them on Sunday.

#1013 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

mod or midnight metal: please add a "This Link Will Not Be Live Until Sunday" next to link in OP.

Thanks

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1014 mpaullin

mpaullin

Standby for Dishwasher Livestream

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

Perhaps this "scenario" was asked before, but I'll ask anyways...

I want inFAMOUS, but not being entirely sure I can get it when the sale goes live, can I go right now and buy it in-store for retail, then go back when the sale is live and price match it for $9.99 and get some of my money back? Or to do that would there need to be an actual in stock inFAMOUS in store to do the PM?

I'm RZ/GCU Premier Silver if that makes any difference..

You bet. You have 30 days to bring in a receipt and adjust the price if you are not silver, 60 days if you are. So if they sold Infamous for even cheaper a month from now, you could bring back the same receipt and get more money back. Whether it is in stock doesn't make a difference.

#1015 NoisySighlence

NoisySighlence

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

Nice! Hopefully I can snag the 8 games I want

#1016 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

You get the value on a Best Buy gift card that you can use on anything in the store. You get the bonus regardless, don't need to preorder or purchase any specfici item.

Better than GameStop promotions?

I don't really like having GameStop credit because of their prices and no price matching policy. Thanks for the response! I shall trade-in both games on the 12th and then hopefully get GT5 XL in store.

htya.jpg

3DS, GameCube, N64, DreamCast, PS1, PS2, PS3, PC, DVDs, iPod: Here

#1017 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

You bet. You have 30 days to bring in a receipt and adjust the price if you are not silver, 60 days if you are. So if they sold Infamous for even cheaper a month from now, you could bring back the same receipt and get more money back. Whether it is in stock doesn't make a difference.

Awesome! I may just have to go do that tonight then.
Seeing as how inFAMOUS is an older PS3 title, I bet copies will be there, but I don't wanna risk it. I'll just buy now using my GC's, then PM on Sunday, that way I'm guaranteed a copy.
Posted Image

#1018 deathb10w

deathb10w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

Unfortunately, i just bought dead rising off of the marketplace. For anyone wondering, they seemed to have fixed a lot of the bugs in Off The Record. In dead rising 2, i couldn't even save the game without my co-op partner getting kicked out.

#1019 ferris182

ferris182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

Unfortunately, i just bought dead rising off of the marketplace. For anyone wondering, they seemed to have fixed a lot of the bugs in Off The Record. In dead rising 2, i couldn't even save the game without my co-op partner getting kicked out.

Same thing happened to me. I loved DR1 and my friend was also a huge fan. The saving issue was a huge pain and we barely played the first few hours. It was too bad.

#1020 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

Thanks!

Are you saying the info was given in the OP? I'm looking both at the OP and his 2nd post and I don't see those times/locations listed.

YW! No, it's not in the OP.

The show is called Press Your Luck. :booty::booty:2x Right Back At You

Wait...You're both right. Press Your Luck is the awesome 80's game show hosted by Peter Tomarken (RIP). The shitty 2000's revival of this series was simply called...Whammy!

Damn me for not being a hundred years old!#-o

Heeheehaha, J/K!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png