Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy ad 8/12-8/18 Gaming Blowout 2.0 FULL COMPLETE LIST REVEALED!

• Please log in to reply
3283 replies to this topic

#1051 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

Thinking of picking up a couple Batarang controllers for 360. For those who have it do you like it, does it play well, and last long?

I used mine on my PC and apparently that voids the warranty. It doesnt work anymore on my Xbox or PC. It does have a 2 year warranty but dont let them know you used it on ur PC because again it voids the warranty.

#1052 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

I placed an in-store pickup order for:

Rhythm Heaven Fever
Child of Eden
Street Fighter IV 3D
Tekken Hybrid

Definitely hope the local stores have DR2:OTR.

#1053 LimeWire

LimeWire

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

What are hoarders? Anyone care to explain?

#1054 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

I actually went to the SD thread when only the partial list had been posted that had the Rayman deal. Their thread was only about 3 pages long and there was a good handful of people on that site who couldn't find any in their area and were saying stuff like 'damn hoarders!'. So I think that's just a problem everywhere really.

Yeah, stock has been very limited lately. TBH, Best Buy is only interested in clearing out stock which has become painfully clear the past month between these sales and coupon sales. They don't give a shit about anyone who misses out on a cheap game due to stock, as long as they sell what little is left. Anyone treating this as a normal sale with good allocation is setting themselves up for disappointment.

#1055 RespectTheChemistry

RespectTheChemistry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

People who hoard games. Since a lot of times there isn't a customer limit on the games, hoarders will buy every single game on the shelf, usually with the intention of trying to flip them one way or another for a (small) profit.

#1056 Esphyrian

Esphyrian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

I used mine on my PC and apparently that voids the warranty. It doesnt work anymore on my Xbox or PC. It does have a 2 year warranty but dont let them know you used it on ur PC because again it voids the warranty.

How long were you using the controller before you used it on your PC, and did it die as soon as you plugged it in or a while afterwards?

#1057 LimeWire

LimeWire

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

People who hoard games. Since a lot of times there isn't a customer limit on the games, hoarders will buy every single game on the shelf, usually with the intention of trying to flip them one way or another for a (small) profit.

Wow thanks, people these days are that desperate for a little more cash? Is the economy this bad, that people have to use such tactics on video game sales?

#1058 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

Wow thanks, people these days are that desperate for a little more cash? Is the economy this bad, that people have to use such tactics on video game sales?

the only hoarders that i have ever seen are heavy set mexican women and their gaggle of children. they likely sell all of it at a garage sale for 2 dollars more than they paid. it's not racism, its an observation ;)

#1059 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

might have to actually get some of these
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#1060 brianace

brianace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

Something to look out for is the fact that Best Buy is clearancing the Wheel of Fortune / Jeopardy Gameshow Funpack for $14.99. I have the Wheel of Fortune version, and it's really well done, assuming your mom likes WoF and Jeopardy

Thanks for the tip! I'll pass on this one tho, I bought her Wheel of Fortune last year, and Jeopardy seems excruciating to play on a console.

I did check my local Best Buy (one of them anyway) and it seemed like there was a lot of stock on some of the titles, but no K&L2 and no DR2OTR, which are the two I'm most interested in. I seem to recall store inventory looking like that before "blowout 1.0", so I'm not really worried about it. Both stores close to me had a separate cart/shelf filled with all the clearance stuff last time. I think I'm just going to hit them up at 10 AM on Sunday, and let the cards fall where they may.

#1061 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

why is Mayhem 3d listed twice for ps3 but both used and two completely different prices?!
Posted Image

#1062 AllFrankedUp

AllFrankedUp

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

In for

:ps3: The Darkness II
:ps3: Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest
:ps3: MLB 11 The Show
:ps3: Just Dance Kids 2
:ps3: Skate 3
:ps3: Dirt 3 (Vanilla)
:ps3: Dead Space 2
:ps3: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle(already have it, gotta get a price adjustment)
:ps3:Rayman Origins
:ps3: Bulletstorm

Best Buy, you sonofabitch!

add

:ps3:Rage
:ps3:Crysis 2
:ps3:Tekken Hybrid

and that :ps3: Call of Duty:Black Ops controller if I can find one.

648665.png

#1063 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

I'll probably pick up Rhythm Heaven Fever but I'm contemplating SSFIV 3D, as well (I don't have any portable fighters). Maybe I should just place an in-store pickup now so I don't have to worry about them...:-k

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1064 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

Today I am 40. That stings a little.

Happy Birthday! Just keep the positive mental attitude and its all good. Have a good one.

BumslieOG.png

#1065 The Linguist

The Linguist

.5 man + .5 bear + .5 pig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:30 PM

the only hoarders that i have ever seen are heavy set mexican women and their gaggle of children. they likely sell all of it at a garage sale for 2 dollars more than they paid. it's not racism, its an observation ;)

I think you meant to say "It's not an observation; it's racism."

#1066 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

Yeah, stock has been very limited lately. TBH, Best Buy is only interested in clearing out stock which has become painfully clear the past month between these sales and coupon sales. They don't give a shit about anyone who misses out on a cheap game due to stock, as long as they sell what little is left. Anyone treating this as a normal sale with good allocation is setting themselves up for disappointment.

This is definately a CLEARANCE sale and not just a sale. Anytime a retail store sells something this far under MSRP, they are clearing all stock. They arent ordering more to then sell for under their cost! LOL

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#1067 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

You bet. You have 30 days to bring in a receipt and adjust the price if you are not silver, 60 days if you are. So if they sold Infamous for even cheaper a month from now, you could bring back the same receipt and get more money back. Whether it is in stock doesn't make a difference.

Wait...

I know I already quoted this, but if it's true, then why dont more CAGs do it?!
Posted Image

#1068 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

Is mayhem a good game? I never see any review in ign..

#1069 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

Wait...

I know I already quoted this, but if it's true, then why dont more CAGs do it?!

Because it's a small pita. It all depends on if you want to waste the time to do it.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1070 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

Thanks IATCG. :)

You're welcome.:D Glad I could help.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1071 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:15 PM

You need to learn up about El Hoardo, son! (bottom of the post behind a spoiler tag)

And he continues his exploits here as well behind one of the spoilers at the end of the post.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#1072 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

Is that the full, finalized list?

Because the TIV for Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition just got nuked to $1..

/edit: Oh, when you click the link, it takes you to a regular copy of New Vegas

Unfortunately BB doesn't recognize the differences between some games that have had GOTY editions as far as trade-ins go. Examples of this include Red Dead Redemption, Borderlands, Fallout New Vegas and I believe Resident Evil 5 for 360(Gold Edition trades in as just the vanilla one).

Moreover, if one of those GOTY editions had a version with the extra content via a voucher(see: Borderlands) at one point, they make no discernable effort to determine if all of the content is included in the game when the person is doing a trade.

Posted Image

#1073 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

is the zoobles game with toy listed called "Zoobles: spring to life"? its the only one i see but doesn't mention a toy. MY niece loves those things so i was thinking of getting the game for her. Im buying stuff now for the sale and going to price adjust it

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#1074 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

Is the link not working for anyone else? Wanted to check the list but I just get a "Page not found."

That's cuz it's not the 12th yet and the sale is not active.

^ Thanks for all your input. I might order one since my PS3 controller has been randomly pressing buttons for months and nearly deleted something (even though I've been charging it by usb through my laptop fine as of last night).

If you feel comfortable taking apart your electronics, you could always try grabbing a replacement battery for the controller through Amazon and replacing that, as that sounds like the issue a buddy of mine was having with his PS3 controller.

But before trying that, you should try resetting the controller while it's plugged into the PS3 via USB to see if that alleviates the issue first. There's a small pinhole on the back of the controller that's located up and to the right from the serial # sticker on the back of the controller. Use a pin or other small object and press that in for a second or three while the controller is plugged in.

If it helped, then congrats. But if not, then I'd try the battery replacement as a second option before getting rid of it. The batteries usually only run a couple of bucks from third party sellers on Amazon.

No those be slickdeals scum

Actually that's due to the list being all over the fuckin' 'net already. But actually there are a ton of CAG's in NYC just from who I've seen responding in other threads. Not to mention that if this blowout sale is anything like the prior one, then stores will be selling ONLY the stock they have on hand. So if a store only had 1-2 of an item before the sale starts, it'll show up as unavailable/out of stock even before the sale begins due to the 3 or less showing unavailable/OOS thing with their stock locator.

Although that's NOT always true, as my media cabinet I picked up yesterday showed 'in store only' on the stock locator page I created for it up till I went to claim it in store. Now it shows unavailable again and that was the only one they had.

Posted Image

#1075 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

is the zoobles game with toy listed called "Zoobles: spring to life"? its the only one i see but doesn't mention a toy. MY niece loves those things so i was thinking of getting the game for her. Im buying stuff now for the sale and going to price adjust it

^_^x KD

Yeah. That's the one.

Posted Image

#1076 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

:applause:Precisely. That's why it's called a blowout sale, since once they sell out of these items they will NOT be restocking them. If anyone on CAG waits till the last damn minute to get in on this sale, then they have only themselves to blame. Especially with how many places have this list up in full as of now.

Anyway, for people who DO go in store on Sunday to get in on the deal and strike out, you can always ask if they could do an OMS order for you. Basically, that's them ordering one of the game/item for you from another store for in-store pickup at your closest store.

But then you're risking depriving someone else out of the chance to buy that game if it's their last copy in stock.

Posted Image

#1077 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

Yeah. That's the one.

thanks. they had one at the best buy several towns over. I snagged it and a few other items for Pickup laters. Ill just wait till after sunday to go get them and it should auto adjust the price

Im trying to get seraches for some of these other items but its not working. STuff like invisimals shadow zone and dead rising 2 off the record arent even on the site anymore

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#1078 cgxcswim

cgxcswim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

They have added games like dead space 2 etc back to the website and have updated the list:
http://www.bestbuy.c...tegories&ks=960

#1079 GaMeR_2007

GaMeR_2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

^ Thanks for that.

Just did a pick up order for a copy of Crysis 2, since only one bb in my area has it in stock and I missed out on it last time.

#1080 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:12 PM

Is it glitching out for store pickup for anyone else? If you go to the page it will say 'Pick up 08/10/2012' at my local stores since i have it saved for my zip code search.. but when you actually add to cart and have to click the pickup store link it shows unavalible everywhere around me. Im wondering if its actually out or if its bugging out

^_^x kD
\-Clicky Here-\