Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy ad 8/12-8/18 Gaming Blowout 2.0 FULL COMPLETE LIST REVEALED!

• Please log in to reply
3283 replies to this topic

#151 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

Is sorcery worth the buy? I'm thinking I might as well get it if i'm going there to pick up rayman origins. The reviews weren't too hot and I think it might go on an even bigger sale (maybe $10).

try the demo. I only played that and found it to be a dissapointment. Controls were frustrating and its rather simplistic. I cant imagine the full game being much better considering as you mentioned, reviews werent great

Edited by Havok83, 07 August 2012 - 04:44 PM.

Posted Image

#152 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

Is sorcery worth the buy? I'm thinking I might as well get it if i'm going there to pick up rayman origins. The reviews weren't too hot and I think it might go on an even bigger sale (maybe $10).

I bought it for $20 during the 1 day gamestop sale and it was pretty good and I feel it's worth $15. The story is ok. I just had trouble inputting the wind spell gesture which was cramping my arm. It's pretty short also and can be beat in 6-8 hours/8-10 if you going for all the treasures and trophies which are easy for the most part. If you have the option I would rent if you are going to play right away otherwise if you but you would getall if not most of your money back if you complete it sooner rather than later.

#153 brianace

brianace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

try the demo. I only played that and found it to be a dissapointment. Controls were frustrating and its rather simplistic. I cant imagine the full game being much better considering as you mentioned, reviews werent great

Are you talking about Sorcery or Rayman?

Rayman was quite good, as people have been pointing out, but I have to say, the difficulty spikes like a bastard towards the end. It actually got great reviews.
Sorcery, on the other hand, is pretty poor. I got very bored during the demo.

#154 Saint'sRow911

Saint'sRow911

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

The three stores close to me all show Rayman as "unavailable." Sucks, especially since I know one had over 15 PS3 copies as of Saturday. Hoardo strikes again.

Yeah I really want to wait to see the whole list to jump on this deal, but 2 of my closest 10 stores are already out on 360. Once one of my 3 stores goes to unavailable, I'll for sure be ordering.

#155 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

Metacritic has 87/87/86 360/ps3/pc... Frustrating controls? Seriously? Did you grow up playing playing these kinda games?

Co-op really adds something to the game as well, my GF loves playing. It's something simple and easy to play until I start screwing around with her character.

#156 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

Rayman was quite good, as people have been pointing out, but I have to say, the difficulty spikes like a bastard towards the end. It actually got great reviews.

Haha just saw your post and I think he replied to me instead of the Sorcery comment.

#157 sp8001

sp8001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

Definitely in for rayman if I can find a three sixty copy

#158 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

Metacritic has 87/87/86 360/ps3/pc... Frustrating controls? Seriously? Did you grow up playing playing these kinda games?

Co-op really adds something to the game as well, my GF loves playing. It's something simple and easy to play until I start screwing around with her character.

I quoted the wrong post. I was writing about Sorcery

yes Sorcery. My bad
Posted Image

#159 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

In for Rayman Origin. Hopefully I can get a copy, I'm going to be out of town that entire week so see what the local BB have in store for me.

#160 jms5118

jms5118

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

Will definitely be picking up Rayman. not really interested in anything else though, hope they add some more stuff before it starts.

#161 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

Wow, maybe I should just get the :ps3: version of Rayman Origins even though I'm working on the Vita version. It'd be the first game for me to 100% on three different platforms. :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/18]: :vita: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#162 Version3

Version3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

I'm ready for round 2, hopefully the other games that are going to be on the sale will be worth it.

#163 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

With Sleeping Dogs coming out next Tuesday, im not even concerned if those no other games worth getting. Add Madden and other games plus my backlog and in a way, I already have too many games to play. LOL.

#164 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

Some of the levels were extremely frustrating... And usually I'd be tempted to throw my controller at my 56 inch dlp...but I found myself trying over and over and over and over and over... until 3 hours had gone by ( without me noticing) and the controller was still firmly in my grasp. The only reason I would quit playing is because I needed to sleep at some point. As further proof of this... my brother watched me play it for a few days and thought it looked easy... so eventually he sat down to play it ( now keep in mind my brother loses interest in games faster than I lose interest in almost all televised sports). I came out of my room after 5 hours to see him still playing it as he exclaimed to me " holy s*** it's 5 already?!"

It's also the only game I just had to get 100 percent trophies on... easily gets on my top 10 favorite games list

Edited by shrike4242, 07 August 2012 - 07:07 PM.

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#165 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

Looking forward to the full list. I'm most intrigued by the PS3 price, since it coincides with Gamescom next week. Wonder if that will be the new price or if it's a sale price.

Also, you talked me into Rayman Origins, fellow CAGers! In for an Xbox 360 version.

#166 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

Some of the levels were extremely frustrating... And usually I'd be tempted to throw my controller at my 56 inch dlp...but I found myself trying over and over and over and over and over... until 3 hours had gone by ( without me noticing) and the controller was still firmly in my grasp. The only reason I would quit playing is because I needed to sleep at some point. As further proof of this... my brother watched me play it for a few days and thought it looked easy... so eventually he sat down to play it ( now keep in mind my brother loses interest in games faster than I lose interest in almost all televised sports). I came out of my room after 5 hours to see him still playing it as he exclaimed to me " holy s*** it's 5 already?!"

It's also the only game I just had to get 100 percent trophies on... easily gets on my top 10 favorite games list

And I swear if any of you say "cool story bro" I'm going to explode

Nice tale, dude. On a serious note, I played the one hour trial of Sorcery through PS+ and was pretty disappointed. Didn't seem to register my intended targets too often. I suppose $15 could be an alright price, though if you're tired of using your Move for rail shooters.

#167 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

Nice tale, dude. On a serious note, I played the one hour trial of Sorcery through PS+ and was pretty disappointed. Didn't seem to register my intended targets too often. I suppose $15 could be an alright price, though if you're tired of using your Move for rail shooters.

I thought he was talking about Rayman.. Ahhh all this Sorcery or Rayman confusion!!

#168 Kandicro

Kandicro

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

Also, you talked me into Rayman Origins, fellow CAGers! In for an Xbox 360 version.

Ditto, except PS3 version

#169 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

If you get even the slightest enjoyment out of platforming games, I guarantee that you will be satisfied with Rayman Origins for $10. It is probably the best sidescroll platformer to come out in more than a decade.

#170 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

In for Rayman for PS3. I hope they have some other great stuff out there. And this time, I won't miss the Blowout like last time!

#171 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

Black Eyed Peas Experience for 360 or Wii has been at Walmart for 9.99 since July if somebody can't find it during this sale.

#172 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

thanks op, gonna pass on rayman tho. hope there are going to more $10 game selections

#173 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

I paid for price for sorcery as part of my B2G1 coupon for unlocked(was going to expire so I used it on 3 40 dollar games). I was underwhelmed by the demo and it was just a throw in to complete the deal. I was pleasantly surprised playing it out though. Graphics were good and it was a nice change of pace for a move game(though your shoulder will get fatigued casting the spells). Worth the sale price IMO. Rayman, however, is an awesome platformer and loads of fun in coop...a must buy at this price!

#174 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

Wow... Been to 4 stores in NYC, and no more Rayman Origins already. Looking for PS3 version, but haven't even spotted 360 either.

Any luck out there NYC CAGs?
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#175 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

Wow... Been to 4 stores in NYC, and no more Rayman Origins already.

Any luck out there NYC CAGs?

i thought the game does not go on sale till sunday? couldn't you wait till sunday to order it?

#176 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

i thought the game does not go on sale till sunday? couldn't you wait till sunday to order it?

he can always price match

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Fibbage  $0.58 (PS3)

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#177 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

he can always price match

lol, i prefer free shipping from bestbuy

#178 K1NG J0RDAN

K1NG J0RDAN

I Am The One Who KNOCKS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

This stuff kills me. While I love the deals, I just picked up Rayman yesterday for $15 pre-owned at BB....
Posted Image

Hardcore Gamer :D

#179 smacd101

smacd101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

I beat Rayman on 360 and want the Vita version eventually. I am debating picking up the PS3 version at that price....

#180 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

RAYMAN :D That just made the entire sale for me. Now to decide whether I'll use my $10 BB gift card on it, or attempt once again to have something price-matched at Target to put on my Redcard. At least this one's in the flyer, apparently.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!