Photo
- - - - -

Persona 4 Arena w/CD 49.99 at Newegg

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31 ssjChris

ssjChris

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

My bad, I thought I saw two weeks in the manual. Guess it would make sense that was two months anyway. My soundtrack was separate from the game and was attached to it with a rubber band (Newegg).

#32 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:33 AM

bought it :)

I also heard persona 5 is in development

I really hope this one comes to the PS3. Haven't had a Persona Rpg all gen.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#33 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

I really hope this one comes to the PS3. Haven't had a Persona Rpg all gen.

Lets hope 2014? Nah, they shouldn't rush it since they just started development and the PS4 is slated for 2014-2015 area

#34 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:33 AM

Hell no, not worth at this price. 12 characters for $50.
I'll wait for the price drop

Group Lowball 8/10 /14  -  8/19 /14

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310217-live-masa-friends-pizza-time-lowball-134-items-for-many-systems-stuff-for-all/

We  Got a lot of stuff to sale .... BUY!!!!!!!

#35 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:58 AM

Hell no, not worth at this price. 12 characters for $50.
I'll wait for the price drop

Opinions. 13 unique characters with a 40 hour Story Mode, Arcade, Score Attack, Challenge Mode, Gallery unlocks, and full online capabilities makes this an excellent game at any price.

FYI the CD only has 6 tracks. I think that's less than the Catherine CD.

Yes, but unlike the Catherine disc the tracks on this CD are arranged versions of songs in the game. They're great mixes.

#36 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:17 AM

40 hour Story Mode? Are you serious? If thats the case, I'm in! For $30-$40 of course. I have a budget afterall. ><

#37 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:32 AM

Opinions. 13 unique characters with a 40 hour Story Mode, Arcade, Score Attack, Challenge Mode, Gallery unlocks, and full online capabilities makes this an excellent game at any price.

Naw, doesn't sound tempting at all. And half of those 40hr, i'm just sitting on my ass just listening at a story....naw

Group Lowball 8/10 /14  -  8/19 /14

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310217-live-masa-friends-pizza-time-lowball-134-items-for-many-systems-stuff-for-all/

We  Got a lot of stuff to sale .... BUY!!!!!!!

#38 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:23 AM

40 hour Story Mode? Are you serious? If thats the case, I'm in! For $30-$40 of course. I have a budget afterall. ><

Yeah, it's a pretty lengthy story mode. Lots of reading with a couple of fights in between.

Helps if you've played through Persona 4 since it takes place directly after.

Mass Effect sucks.

#39 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

Went to a local tournament for this game last night and it seemed fun from what I got to play of it. I love Persona 4 but Story Mode looked really dull from the videos I've watched. Still torn over buying it now when I have 3 pre-orders arriving next week.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

Yeah, it's a pretty lengthy story mode. Lots of reading with a couple of fights in between.

Helps if you've played through Persona 4 since it takes place directly after.

Mass Effect sucks.

Thanks. And nah. I'm a fellow Persona fan. :D

#41 luan87us

luan87us

I am cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

so does the game has it own plastic wrap then wrapped with a cd?

#42 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

so does the game has it own plastic wrap then wrapped with a cd?

yes

#43 WhiteLens

WhiteLens

EXP Vortex of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:34 AM

I just got the game from Newegg, and the manual "holders" inside the case were already broken off when I got the game. (Must be because the manual is pretty thick)

While that sucks, I've been waiting for this game for awhile and don't have the patience to get an exchange for it.

I guess I could always swap my Continuum Shift case with it, I don't think I'll ever go back to that game when I get Extend.

#44 mrbomb

mrbomb

A Tasty Classic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:48 AM

I just got the game from Newegg, and the manual "holders" inside the case were already broken off when I got the game. (Must be because the manual is pretty thick)

While that sucks, I've been waiting for this game for awhile and don't have the patience to get an exchange for it.

I guess I could always swap my Continuum Shift case with it, I don't think I'll ever go back to that game when I get Extend.

I had mine preordered and the case was completely destroyed with the game intact, getting an RMA but such a pain in the ass since I've been wanting to play this for a while. Canceled a lot of my preorders (from 10 off deals) and going back to just getting everything from amazon, RMA is understandable for expensive computer parts but for a 50 dollar game its just annoying.

Also my soundtrack was attached the case with a rubber-band, after hearing it should be sealed I'm even more pissed.

Edited by mrbomb, 10 August 2012 - 03:10 AM.

Posted Image

#45 Hoshinokirby

Hoshinokirby

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:43 AM

Anyone order this from newegg after it released? I placed mine Wednesday morning and it still hasn't shipped. I really hate them right now...

#46 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

to those complaining about Newegg, I just want to chime in that they either have seriously dropped in quality since i used them years ago for computer parts, or they just suck for games. Ive gotten stuff pretty beat up from them in the past, but the kicker was when i ordered a copy of FEAR 2 from them and didn't notice it was a 3rd party seller. It was NOT a new game, a very obvious reseal, and ive been going back and forth for over a month trying to get a god damn refund. I try to just avoid them if at all possible these days

As for this game, im gonna wait for a price drop i think. Im excited to give it a shot, but as a few people mentioned i think the soundtrack has very few tracks. Id rather pay 20-30 bucks for it and maybe get the disc online later for 10 bucks or so if i really want it, than 60 right now. Hell you may still find it with the disk a few months down the line

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#47 jumpiestranger2

jumpiestranger2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

Got a email from Atlus last night that stated they had 0 copies of the game in their warehouse, hopefully they do another printing.

#48 WhiteLens

WhiteLens

EXP Vortex of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

i ordered a copy of FEAR 2 from them and didn't notice it was a 3rd party seller. It was NOT a new game, a very obvious reseal, and ive been going back and forth for over a month trying to get a god damn refund. I try to just avoid them if at all possible these days

Isn't that more of the 3rd party's responsibility, not so much Newegg's?

Well this the only bad experience I've had with Newegg, just a week ago I got the Kingdom Hearts 3D LE from them in perfect shape.

What was odd about P4A is that it was delivered in such a big box with all this paper inside, I think that made it worse.

I'll give them another shot with Last Story, I really don't want to end up cancelling all those pre-orders that I got $10 off of.

#49 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

Isn't that more of the 3rd party's responsibility, not so much Newegg's?

Well this the only bad experience I've had with Newegg, just a week ago I got the Kingdom Hearts 3D LE from them in perfect shape.

What was odd about P4A is that it was delivered in such a big box with all this paper inside, I think that made it worse.

I'll give them another shot with Last Story, I really don't want to end up cancelling all those pre-orders that I got $10 off of.

Unfortunately, the same thing's happened to me multiple times with Newegg, and I've stopped ordering games from them unless it's an insane deal because of all the random damage they receive during shipping. Chose to get Last Story from Gamestop instead because the one thing I know they're definitely good for (at least in my experience) is getting irregular game packages in mint condition. Sucks because I'd rather save the tax with Amazon, but I was tired of getting LE boxes crushed. :-?

#50 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

Got a email from Atlus last night that stated they had 0 copies of the game in their warehouse, hopefully they do another printing.

I think that's less indicative of a shortage and not being able to find it rather than they printed less than normal numbers for release.

Plus being even more niche than a regular RPG release, other than people who love fighters / RPG's or both will pick this up on day 1. Others like me who are sitting back and waiting for a price drop will get it eventually. This is one game that I don't see being super rare.

More Atlus PR hype is all. Still shocked they region locked it, how stupid.
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#51 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

I think that's less indicative of a shortage and not being able to find it rather than they printed less than normal numbers for release.

Plus being even more niche than a regular RPG release, other than people who love fighters / RPG's or both will pick this up on day 1. Others like me who are sitting back and waiting for a price drop will get it eventually. This is one game that I don't see being super rare.

I had no idea they region locked it. The online was already going to be not very populated but they just cut off the majority of the players D:

#52 leehom

leehom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

All of my games I purchased from Newegg came in with no issues. Received P4A last Thursday and everything's perfect.

#53 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

I had no idea they region locked it. The online was already going to be not very populated but they just cut off the majority of the players D:

Atlus wanted to region lock the games because the Japanese releases are notably cheaper than the U.S ones and they didn't want to lose money from people just importing it. To my knowledge, they didn't region lock multiplayer cause that is just plain silly. Lol.

*Edit: The Users kindly pointed out that I had accidentally switched it around. I.E. U.S. P4A is much cheaper than JNP P4A and they didn't want to lose out on sales.

Edited by Olengie, 11 August 2012 - 06:10 PM.

#54 Shaq-Funaki

Shaq-Funaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

Yeah, I do not think this will be rare at all. Uncommon maybe.

Please check out my YouTube video game channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaqfunaki

#55 WhiteLens

WhiteLens

EXP Vortex of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

Atlus wanted to region lock the games because the Japanese releases are notably cheaper than the U.S ones and they didn't want to lose money from people just importing it. To my knowledge, they didn't region lock multiplayer cause that is just plain silly. Lol.

It's the other way around, games are usually cheaper in the US than in Japan (I believe this game costs about $93 over there when converting).

Since our version of the game has Japanese voices and text, and the release dates were so close, they wouldn't be missing anything if they were to import our version of it.

Atlus straight up said that this was the sole reason for region-locking.

#56 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

Atlus wanted to region lock the games because the Japanese releases are notably cheaper than the U.S ones and they didn't want to lose money from people just importing it.

It's the opposite, they didn't want Japanese players importing the NA version.

#57 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

Ohh. My bad. I meant to say that. Forgot to proof read it. Sorry about that guys. I was thinking about another thing.

#58 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:57 AM

It's the opposite, they didn't want Japanese players importing the NA version.

Thing about that is they lost a ton of PAL players who wanted to get it early before they got it in Aug./Sept. or whenever it releases over there and were going to rebuy it again, the whole thing including the precedent of being the first region locked game was just totally foolish and did not help them from a PR stand point.

But I'll give'em credit though they did a pretty good job of sweeping it under the run and letting it blow over prior to release. :lol: lol at their ninja atlus PR team.
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#59 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:22 AM

Good thing Atlus promised it would be the only time. But let us hope that holds true!

#60 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

Good thing Atlus promised it would be the only time. But let us hope that holds true!

Wouldnt be surprised if it happened again with Chrono Phantasma next year.

Either way, this game is too amazing to be mad over region locking. Best fighter i have played in ages
Posted ImagePosted Image