L.A. Noire sale Best Buy ($9.99 pre-owned console version, $14.99 Complete on PC)

What would happen if you bought it online as pick up at store and then presented the coupon at the service desk at the BM store.

Hold on... why aren't online prices good in-store? they only time I've ever seen that happen is with outlet center items.

[quote name='VA']What would happen if you bought it online as pick up at store and then presented the coupon at the service desk at the BM store.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they would have to cancel the original purchase, then ring you up again with the coupon. Except when they ring you up the 2nd time, they system is gonna try and charge you $17.99, so you'll need to get some type of override to get them to match the $9.99 online price, then you'll need to hope the coupon works or if it doesn't, they'll have to override that for you too.

You'll pretty much run into the exact same problems as you would if you just went in and tried to buy it, I would think.

[quote name='GBAstar']Hold on... why aren't online prices good in-store? they only time I've ever seen that happen is with outlet center items.[/QUOTE]

Not sure, the guy above you posted in the other thread that the $9.99 price wasn't working in stores. Maybe they've updated it since he went in....

One of very few games that I couldn't finish. Would have loved if they had implemented more shooting scenarios into the game. The animations (at least relating to facial expressions) was truly top notch.

Maybe it's time to try that game
smile.gif

Gonna get a $5 PS3 copy, just to have around, if they ever put the $9.99 price throughout the systems so I don't have to PM and have the system reject my coupon afterwards, again.

[quote name='Chuck Stank']This game isn't worth more than $5.[/QUOTE]

Different strokes. I LOVE this game.

[quote name='mikehalc']Different strokes. I LOVE this game.[/QUOTE]

Same here - I liked it so much I bought the season pass for all the DLC.

I do wish more time should have been spent on the Black Dahlia murders part of the game though. Really an entire game could have been devoted to investigating the Black Dahlia murders.

My BestBuy wouldn't let me use the $5 off coupon on this game since they said games on sale don't stack with coupons. Bleh. :(

[quote name='Francision']My BestBuy wouldn't let me use the $5 off coupon on this game since they said games on sale don't stack with coupons. Bleh. :([/QUOTE]did they read the back of the coupon since it's says coupons work with sale prices.

[quote name='Enuf']did they read the back of the coupon since it's says coupons work with sale prices.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but the person in charge told me he can't stack it. I dunno with them but I guess I'm gonna try a different BB branch.

[quote name='Francision']Yeah but the person in charge told me he can't stack it. I dunno with them but I guess I'm gonna try a different BB branch.[/QUOTE]When you run into issues like this with uniformed staff & you happen to purchase from the store too fillout the feedback section on the receipt to prevent it from becoming/continuing to be an ongoing issue.

Also, when you enter the store there's usually a board with pics/contact info for the store manager and/or marketing/promo managers alerting them of this type of stuff should make it more known about how the deals need to work.

[quote name='Enuf']When you run into issues like this with uniformed staff & you happen to purchase from the store too fillout the feedback section on the receipt to prevent it from becoming/continuing to be an ongoing issue.

Also, when you enter the store there's usually a board with pics/contact info for the store manager and/or marketing/promo managers alerting them of this type of stuff should make it more known about how the deals need to work.[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't it be more effective for Best Buy to make their pre-owned deals of the week ring up correctly in-store? I mean, this is a long standing issue, this obviously has to be assumed intentional functionality at this point. Using the pre-owned coupons on pre-owned deals of the week in-store is YMMV because Best Buy intentionally makes it YMMV, they could make it ring up correctly at anytime if they wanted to.

[quote name='phoenixlau']Wouldn't it be more effective for Best Buy to make their pre-owned deals of the week ring up correctly in-store? I mean, this is a long standing issue, this obviously has to be assumed intentional functionality at this point. Using the pre-owned coupons on pre-owned deals of the week in-store is YMMV because Best Buy intentionally makes it YMMV, they could make it ring up correctly at anytime if they wanted to.[/QUOTE]Preaching to the choir but don't confuse intentional with incompetence I really believe they just need a complete company rework from the ground up. Here's the response I got when suggesting a system upgrade.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ints-posts-w-nno-risk-to-BestBuy/idi-p/547674

And here's when another person just recently asked the same ? you should voice your thoughts here to make them more aware of how big of a problem it is that way they can make changes.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...same-online-at-bestbuy-com/idc-p/558718#M1135

The complete edition is $19.99 at Target. If you like Noire, Id recommend just getting that as the extra content will be worth it

I bought it about 6 months ago at walmart for $19.99(NEW) the Complete Edition. On september 2 Gamestop had a extra 50% on trade-ins so I got $11 + $5.5(50%promo) + $1.1(Powerup card 10%) For a total of $17.60 so I owned it for 2.39, that is better than a rental :)

bread's done
Back