• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

Fellow CAG Racers, GRID 2
was teased last week with a date of 8.8.12.

Now we have the official announcement with a slick new trailer!

So yes, I've been waiting for this for what seems like forever and I could only imagine their improvements with their already great EGO physics engine. GRID was an excellent thrilling racer and it looks like they're wanting to push the limit again with GRID 2. :bouncy:
Press release below, wrapped in spoilers to conserve space:
Spoiler

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#2 dotCody

dotCody

The night is dark... and full of terrors.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:58 PM

In my opinion, Race Driver GRiD sucked ass.

#3 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Alright CAGers, loads of info just dropped on their official blog!

GRID 2 – Release Date, Pre-order Details And More!
by Loore 31-01-2013 02:02 PM - edited 31-01-2013 02:02 PM

http://community.cod...?v=mpbl-1&px=-1
For months we have kept you waiting, teasing you with a vague "Summer 2013" release date. Well today we are pleased to announce that the race returns on May 31st in the UK and May 28th within North America.

Pre-orders Now Available
We’re pleased to confirm that pre-orders for GRID 2 should now be available at your favourite retailer. Furthermore, if you like a little extra with your GRID 2, ask your local retailer about the special pre-order packs that are available. Which one are you going to get?

Posted ImagePosted Image
McLaren MP4-12C GT3 Special Edition & Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 GT

McLaren Racing Pack
McLaren MP4-12C GT3 Special Edition
2 new routes around the Brands Hatch GP Circuit
Special Online Event
Head Start Pack
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 GT
Discounts in the Car upgrades store
A unique RaceNet bonus
Indycar Pack
Dallara IndyCar and the IndyCar Pace car
2 new routes around Indianapolis Motor Speedway Circuit
Exclusive Online Event
GTR Racing Pack
Nissan GT-R Spec road car
Yas Marina daytime circuit
Exclusive online event

Posted ImagePosted Image
Indianapolis Motor Speedway Circuit & Nissan GT-R Spec road car

Box Art Revealed
We know you love to see what our packs look like and we know that Vine is the latest internet sensation so we combined the two in this nifty 6 second pack shot reveal. If you prefer your images stationary, check out these renders:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Chris Harris on GRID 2 – Part 1
We ask the question, “Can GRID 2 help you race better” and who better to answer it than one of motorsports leading journalists, Chris Harris.

We pay a visit to Brands Hatch on a cold winter’s day and with the help of two McLaren MP4-12Cs we get our answer.

Can't f'n wait.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#4 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

There's currently a Q&A going on over at Raptr with the designers of GRiD 2.
A few stand out questions and answers:

DJ_ILLusiveWednesday at 4:37pm
There are so many epic driving games out there(i.e. NFS, Gran Turismo, Forza). What specifically does Grid 2 bring to the table that sets it apart from those other formidable titles?

ultramagicElite in GRID40 minutes ago
I think the focus on the racing experience itself is what sets us apart. Whilst customisation is important to us, and having a real breadth of content available for players plays a key role in keeping the experience fresh, we feel like entering an arms race to get the most cars ever or to customise every tiny facet is not totally necessary. We'd prefer to dedicate more time to making everything about the game feel believable and actually emphasising and highlighting the racing itself is the core of what is important.

We've deconstructed and improved every aspect of what makes the driving experience what it is. The AI - how they react to you and what their personalities on the track are have improved with our AI driver ability system. With over 60 parameters to make them feel as human as possible. Or the camera movement, shake and blur during racing - highlighting what is important to the driver at all times. Even to the audio - we have recorded an unprecedented number of vehicles for this title in order to make them sound as true to reality as possible. The levels of damage and detail which can affect the real-world licensed cars is also beyond what many competitors are able to deliver.

In essence - its all about making the drama, tension and thrill of racing a car competitively as good as it can be.

Ivan CarlosDedicated in GRIDWednesday at 12:47pm
We have a great expectation about GRID 2 driving appeal. The first GRID achieved a game that's not easy as an arcade game, but have a learning curve more enjoyable than simulator games. Is GRID 2 focused on be an arcade or simulator game, or will try to get the same feeling present on first GRID?

ultramagicElite in GRID5 hours ago
Hi Ivan, thanks for your question! That's one of the key things we've tried to retain in GRID 2. There's a really delicate balance we need to strike with our title, which is to ensure that we appeal to those people who absolutely love motorsport and want a challenge to sink their teeth into, but also make the game accessible enough for those people who just want to pick up and play and have a great time. There are a number of different ways we've tried to achieve this balance this time round. The approach to handling and difficulty works on the premise that we ease people into the experience with each new car they drive - each with different characteristics and traits for the player to learn as they progress through the game. As you move through the career, you should slowly become talented enough to drive each new vehicle all the way to the most extreme hypercars. Our new handling system is not a massive departure from what we've delivered before - we always want the player to feel in control of the car they're driving, so unlike many other titles, there shouldn't be masses of understeer to fight against to just get the vehicle around a corner. In fact, a big part of the moment to moment cornering will be to do with controlling opposite lock and guiding the car round as it loses traction and begins to drift. This will obviously differ from car to car, but in essence, we want players to feel like a racing superstar.

I always felt like anything could happen in a race due to the great physics engine and hearing about more human like AI characteristics also sounds good.

#5 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

A lot of good info came out of the Q&A but I was pleasantly surprised that I was one to win Raptr's comment contest and seems I nabbed a steam code for Codemaster's F1 2012.
I asked

"Mainly wondering about the exciting new LiveRoute feature. Will this be available single player and online? The best thing about racing is the unknown result so a dynamic track has me salivating."

ross_gowingElite in GRIDFeb 1 2013 at 5:58pm
Glad you're excited about this - we can't wait for everyone to try it! We think races using LiveRoute will really show who is the best driver, rather than who can commit a track to their memory.

Seems like they'll reveal more of that later. If you are not aware of LiveRoute, then check this out.

Keep in mind that that was pre-alpha gameplay.

#6 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

New Gameplay Trailer:

#7 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Well good to see I'm not the only one excited for this game lol.

Following on from yesterday’s press preview blow out, here’s a rundown of some things you may have missed:

Media Impressions - Text

EDGE - "A throwback to the old TOCA games, GRID 2 is a racer with a story..."

CVG – “Grid 2 single-player is like Gladiators with cars.”

Neoseeker – “My hands pulse just thinking about trying GRID 2 out again.”

Top Gear – “There's something for everyone: if you like track racing you can do that, if you like ragging hot hatches round city streets you can do that and if going down a Californian road sideways is your bag, that's there too.”

VG 24/7 – “I don’t know about you, but I’m excited to be a part of this dream, and such an event seems likely to keep me playing the game far longer...”

Polygon – “The story is an excuse to partake in high-speed hijinks.”

Eurogamer – “Callaghan identifies you as a raw talent at the start of the game and you become the championship's talisman, MVP and global representative all rolled into one.”

Media Impressions - Video

Gamesradar
GameTrailers
Gamespot
Giant Bomb

It also may be small but the ability for the first GRiD game to call me by my first name goes a long way, esp with story integration as with what we'll see in the sequel.

Edited by Spybreak8, 15 February 2013 - 03:54 PM.
added media impressions - video

#8 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Gameplay of Elimination Race, Circuit Race and Time Racing.

#9 Logg

Logg

Every Time I Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:59 AM

I am pumped

#10 Retom7

Retom7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:28 AM

I thought the first GRID was great. The handling was good, the AI made the game interesting, etc. NFS Shift and Shift 2, along with every other NFS made for current generation gaming have all been garbage as a direct result of terrible AI mixed with terrible car handling. GRID was fun and arcade like. Forza is obviously the front runner in racing sims, but Forza's AI is boring and predictable. Anyway, this is one of the few games I will be purchasing on release date.

#11 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

I was really impressed with the AI from the first and they're saying that they've improved it immensely giving them a lot of different traits. That was one neat thing, finding a good teammate who wouldn't just bash into people, had a quick reaction and consecutively finish top 3. The AI in GRiD 2 has been vastly improved, " now boasting over 60 distinct abilities which will allow personal grudges and race styles to evolve."
It was also an nice touch to hear from said AI, they weren't just another car racing with you.

#12 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

#13 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

Codemasters had a stream today:

#14 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

New Trailer showing the European Racing:

#15 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

Can't wait for this game.

#16 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Some Q&A:

We caught up with Executive Producer Clive Moody who answers your questions below.

Q) Why did you get rid of demolition derby?

A) With any game development there are always ideas and features which don’t make the final cut for a whole host of reasons. It’s tough to make a call for one feature versus another, but in this case we had already created bespoke Demolition Derby experience with Showdown, so we have put our focus into some genuinely exciting new stuff for GRID2.

Q) Will you be able to have a teammate, like in the original GRID?

A) GRID2’s career is structured a little differently from the original as you are competing against Clubs, each with their own race styles and drivers. Your goal is to beat them, win over fans of their particular racing discipline and bring them into the World Series Racing, where the greatest drivers compete.

Q) We will be able to customize the car with sponsors like the first GRID?

A) GRID2 has comprehensive car livery customization, which include sponsors. Each sponsor comes with their own objectives to help further your career. The online modes take customization a stage further, also allowing mechanical and body upgrades to improve the performance and handling of you cars.

Q) Are the crashing and damage physics similar to the first game, and does the driving feel like the firsy Grid as well?

A) Crashes and damage are an essential part of the GRID experience and have a number of improvements. As well as metal deformation we now also have a fully dynamic carbon fibre damage model. We give the player more control as well; the full GRID damage experience that affects both the visual look of the car and performance, or just the visual damage, without any degradation in the mechanics. The driving experience is pure GRID only this time underpinned by our new TrueFeel handling system. Take a look at the Codies Blog for more details on TrueFeel.

Q) Will we be seeing street circuits or the classic racing circuits like spa in 2?

A) There will be street circuits such as Chicago, Paris and Dubai, classic racing circuits including Brands Hatch, Yas Marina and Indianapolis and completely new for GRID, open roads, like the California Coast highway. Each will test your driving skills across a diverse array of race types.

Q) Is there a career/story mode?

A) There is a deep career mode that has a narrative to give the player real purpose and context. At the outset you get scouted by the entrepreneur, Patrick Callahan. Callahan has a vision of unifying all of the diverse range of racing clubs around the world into a single World Series and in the process find the world’s greatest driver. You set out on a dual journey with him. Entering into events within these various clubs and leagues, winning over their fans and best drivers to bring them to the WSR whilst at the same time proving yourself as the ultimate driving superstar.

Q) About the Pagani Huayra: will you feature its active aerodynamics? The front and rear flaps deploying to improve downforce?

A) Downforce is affected on all cars which contain active aerodynamic components, including the Huayra.

Q) How many tracks in #GRID2 will have liveroutes?

A) All of the street racing city locations in GRID2 support LiveRoutes

Q) Will the tracks with live routes also have them implemented online?

A) Liveroutes are fully available online. This makes for some really exciting online races as no player has the advantage of having been able to learn the track.

Q) For those of us who are Rally fans & are used to it being us VS the clock. Let us know how GRID2 will get us excited.

A) Time Attack and Checkpoint game modes both pitch the player against the clock. Time Attack over a set distance and Checkpoint against an ever ticking down clock, with bonus time for passing through checkpoints. Both are classic racing game modes and incredibly addictive.

Q) How will LiveRoutes affect lapped players?

A) Because of the dynamic nature of LiveRoutes you don’t see lapped cars. LiveRoutes are distance based rather than lap based. Actually, there is no real concept of a lap because you are never guaranteed to come back to the point at which the race started and hence start and finish lines are not necessarily at the same point on the track.

Q) Can a particular LiveRoute be repeated for saved hot laps, or do we just make our own notes and do restarts?

A) LiveRoutes are dynamically changed each time you start a new event and because there are millions of route combinations you are highly unlikely to ever get the same route twice. Once in a LiveRoute event, you are however free to restart as many times as you like and will be able to drive exactly the same layout.

Q) Is it safe to assume that upon restart the particular LiveRoute will be repeated and not altered from the initial run?

A) Correct. You can restart a LiveRoute as many times as you like and it will run with the same dynamic configuration. Exit completely from the event and the next time you enter an entirely new layout will be generated.

Q) In single player will we be able to drive any car on any track?

A) We put no restrictions on driving cars to particular tracks. If you want to take an Indycar around the Paris streets for example then you can. Be warned though, combinations such as this are incredibly challenging.

Q) Will the actual driving and handling be like the one in the latest videos? Or will it be like the previous GRID and possibly a little better?

A) The handling is as seen in the videos and you really need to play it to see how we have taken everything that was great about the previous game and made really significant improvements. Have a look at the Codies Blog for more details on Handling and TrueFeel.

Q) What details can you release about drift mode? Cars, tracks, drivers, modes?

A) Drift mode will comprise of score based events, with each round taking place on a short track, packing in corners perfect for drifting opportunities. Scoring is based on speed, angle, proximity to drift post markers and the length of the drift. It takes real skill to balance all of these and we don’t add any assists on the cars, so winning is down to pure driver ability. We’ll be releasing more information of all the cars later, but rest assured drift classics like the Nissan Silvia and Mazda RX-7.

Q) Will the progression in the single player game be the same? as in complete challenges, obtain points to unlock license, unlock more challenges.

A) GRID2 single player progression is built around the number of fans you have. Competing and winning in events will earn you greater adulation and hence more fans. A growing fanbase means you will get invited to compete is bigger and more prestigious events, as well as getting access to more powerful cars. In addition, there are ‘side mission’ promotional events and vehicle challenges to earn you additional fans and also win new vehicles for your garage.

Q) Will Grid 2 feature damage similar to the original Grid?

A) Everything that was great about the original GRID damage we have kept, but also added some great new effects. Carbon fibre bodywork now splinters and breaks rather than deforming in the way that metal parts do. You will now also have the choice between full visual only or visual and mechanical damage, which affects the performance of the car.

Q) The damage modeling was what kept me hooked... especially with instant reply. Will the damage be superior in every way in GRID 2?

A) It is superior in every way. More deformation, more particle effects, carbon fibre which now splinters and shatters, instant replays and now the ability to share your greatest crashes with direct upload to Youtube straight from the replay.

Q) Does "Corner cutting detected" influence the game?

A) Corner cutting is a critical part of our new anti-cheat systems, which mean you will not be able to gain an advantage by taking detours off the track. In the original GRID we put billboards and tyre walls on corners to prevent the player from being able to cut corners. In GRID2 these have all been removed, with our new corner cutting system calculating if a speed or positional advantage has been gained. When detected, the player’s car is slowed for a period equal to the advantage gained. This works across both single and multiplayer modes, keeping races fair and also helping to educate the player that the very fastest laps are achieved by keeping to the racing line.

Yes, I drove an Indy Car in the streets of Detroit in GRID, it was the best.

#17 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Multiplayer Info has dropped:

Posted on 11 April by Ben Walke – Community Manager, Codemasters
GRID 2 multiplayer features revealed

We’ve talked already about World Series Racing and the single player experience of GRID 2, and now it’s time to talk multiplayer.
Multiplayer in GRID 2 is big. Bigger than anything we’ve done before. More depth, more choice, more progression… but before we get to the BIG details, we’ll just chuck in a little reminder that you can play in two-player split-screen across our game modes. It’s old school, and we love it.
GRID 2 utilises a multiplayer system that is completely separate to the single player portion of the game. We want to bring the best of online gaming to the racing genre and a dedicated, distinct game is the only way we could achieve what we wanted.

As you progress you’ll be able to earn XP and cash which will allow you to purchase cars and upgrades and you’ll constantly have new challenges and rivals. You’ll also be able to showcase your individuality by customising and modifying your cars. With over six billion possible combinations to choose from, you’ll certainly stand out on the grid.
The clean vs. the dirty
Naturally these two types of racer don’t get on very well, it’s the cats vs. dogs of the racing world and as such our matchmaking system aims to separate the two. What this means is that players who prefer a clean race are more likely to find sessions with one another while those who enjoy trading pain will be grouped together.

The beating heart of GRID 2
At the heart of our multiplayer system is RaceNet, our Community hub that tracks your Codemasters Racing career. It’s here where you’ll find all the Community stats and leaderboards and you’ll even be able to earn awards too. But it goes way beyond tracking your progress – loads of new features launch with RaceNet and GRID 2 as it becomes fully integrated into the game.

RaceNet Rivals is a new way for you to challenge players and you’ll have three different types to conquer.
Weekly – Picked at random for you to compete against.
Social – Picked from your friends or players you’ve raced against previously.
Custom – Pick someone based on your own parameters, re-ignite passed rivalries, make new ones.
Global Challenge is a brand new asynchronous game mode where your rivalries will spark into life and become as heated as ever. Compete against rivals and earn XP, Cash and RaceNet followers, even if they aren’t online – hit them where it hurts. You’ll be able to track your Global Challenge progress both in game and online via the RaceNet website. RaceNet is of course free, and you can get your account ready if you don’t already have one by visiting www.racenet.com.
The game modes
No multiplayer system is complete without a range of game modes on offer and GRID 2 will have you covered, regardless of which discipline of racing you enjoy. Take part in Endurance, Drift, Touge, Checkpoint, Face Off, Time Attack, Overtake, Power Lap and of course… Race (including LiveRoutes on our city tracks).

Record those special memories
You know the deal, you overtake a friend on the last corner, watch a rival spin out (and do a barrel roll) with just one lap to go or the whole grid comes together in one almighty first corner pile up. It’s moments like these that you just want to share and with the return of our YouTube functionality, you’ll be able to upload your favourite clips directly from within the game straight to YouTube and RaceNet.
We’re just weeks away from GRID 2′s 31st May release and we can’t wait to see you on the track.

#18 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Here ya go, archived Live Stream:

#19 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

I'm really getting excited, more so, for this release!

#20 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

Just preordered from Gamesop because that seems like the best extras option for me. It does suck they're seperating the extras like this but I'm going for the McLaren MP4 and Nissan GT-R cars. Btw the latest issue of OXM, "Grid 2 Getting back on track after nearly five years". Damn right it's been too long.
Use Codemaster's app if you're on FB.

#21 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

GRID - Official just posted this picutre on FB:
Posted Image
Mustang, Skyline GT-R R34, GTR, MP4-12 C, Huayra

That's a nice sense of variety but that Mustang is gonna be seeing a lot of taillights lol.

#22 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

#23 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

A slew of videos about single player:

I'm at work so I haven't watched any but I will when I get home tonight.

#24 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

Going on now for those who are interested.

Our GRID 2 live stream is about to begin and you'll get your first glimpse of the Indy Car and more!

#25 thepattenfactor

thepattenfactor

Resident Caffeinated Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

I'm upset that I missed it... dang it!

#26 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

They archive all their streams on their Youtube Channel, Gridgame. You should be able to watch it there.

#27 jsmc

jsmc

You're killin' me Smalls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

I've watched a few of their streams recently. The game looks pretty appealing.

I've always been a fan of Gran Turismo and enjoyed Dirt 3 quite a bit. I'm wondering if this will scratch my racing itch as of late. I do enjoy NFS:MW, but something about being on a confined track has always been more appealing to me.

#28 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

#29 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

The game's gone gold!

Exciting news - GRID 2 has gone gold and as we speak copies are being manufactured and distributed worldwide.

Last year at 8am on August 8th we officially announced GRID 2 to the world and since then we’ve piled everything we have into making GRID 2 the best game it can be, a worthy sequel and a game that will continue in the tradition of breaking new ground.

That journey from announcement last year to release is now very nearly complete, almost five years to the day that the original GRID burst onto the scenes. We can’t wait until you all get to play the game for yourselves.

Throughout, we’ve been truly taken aback by the amount of passion you guys have for GRID 2. It’s been a real highlight personally and for our team to be able to talk to all of you throughout development, whether it has been on Facebook, Twitter, the blog, our forums and face-to-face at various events across the world.

We hope that conversation continues. These days, shipping the game isn’t the end of the story and we certainly won’t be downing tools. We can’t wait to hear your thoughts, get your feedback, see your moments. We’re expecting some epic videos being uploaded from in-game to YouTube and RaceNet will become a perfect destination to check out the best and funniest of what you guys can do with GRID 2.

And although those discs are being prepped as we speak, we’ve still got a few surprises up our sleeves and new content to keep you ticking over until launch.

In the mean time, simply put, thank you for being involved and making this launch so memorable…

...and stay tuned :)

Ben Walke
Community Manager

#30 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Do you guys play racers with a wheel setup?