Torchlight 2

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#61 chodax

chodax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:04 AM

I am playing right now. I am currently level 11 playing on Veteran. Coming from an former D2 player this game is pretty fun so far.

If any one wants to play send me a message and Ill add you on steam!

#62 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

Waiting on the Mac release to install my copy (or so I think). My GF got a preorder with me (did a 4 pack), and well she runs Mac (without a lot of space for windows), so I am gonna wait to play it.

I am excited though after how Diablo 3 turned out for this game. Because this seems like Diablo 3 in a Diablo sense than Diablo 3 ever was :lol:.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#63 madcyantist

madcyantist

Impulsive Buyer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

I'm lvl 13 Hardcore on Veteran. Pretty fun game so far can't wait to see what multiplayer is like.

#64 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

I have a 14 Elite Embermage and a 11 Veteran Engineer. After playing both in single-player and co-op, it feels like Veteran is "normal" and Elite is "hard" difficulty wise. While solo, Elite doesn't feel too bad. However when you start adding people and enter those random sidequest dungeons and fight the end boss? You get absolutely destroyed. After that happened to myself and two friends we rolled back to Veteran and it felt much better.

The only thing I dislike about Torchlight in general is rare/unique loot drops way too often. It's like the polar opposite of Diablo 3 at launch. Makes the loot not really feel rewarding or anything.

#65 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

The only thing I dislike about Torchlight in general is rare/unique loot drops way too often. It's like the polar opposite of Diablo 3 at launch. Makes the loot not really feel rewarding or anything.

I would take a consistent loot table of rewards over 200 hours of bullshit. Diablo III was designed to support an AH, this game is not. I'll check this game out when it's $5 during Christmas.

#66 Cfw_Master

Cfw_Master

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

Haven't started playing this yet, but from what I heard about the beta, it sounds like it's a really solid play

#67 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

I would take a consistent loot table of rewards over 200 hours of bullshit. Diablo III was designed to support an AH, this game is not. I'll check this game out when it's $5 during Christmas.

I never said anything about preferring Diablo 3. I just used it as an example since people can relate. I like something in the middle where it takes some time/effort to get stuff. My party had 9 Ghastly Boots (Rare Set Gear) by the time we hit level 14. Not to mention a dozen uniques and countless more Rare Set pieces and other Rare items.

Edited by Draekon, 21 September 2012 - 06:23 PM.

#68 madcyantist

madcyantist

Impulsive Buyer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

My runic friend name is oreo. Going to be playing this weekend. I still play D2 US East HccL ladder. I can load 4 and play din if anyone ever wants to 2/8 that hoe. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/chantme/

#69 Cfw_Master

Cfw_Master

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:55 PM

Finally started playing this. Can't wait to test out it's multiplayer capabilities

#70 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

Skill trees are pretty lame but I'm enjoying myself on Elite with a buddy. Just killed Grell.

UjCoyFa.png

#71 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:31 AM

I've got a fun glitch. I cant remap my keys, or the game gets stuck like it's always paused. Know how when you open a menu it zooms in on your character? After I remap keys it stays like that, and I cant move or anything. I can still open inventory or any other menu, but thats it. Even leaving the game and then coming back doesnt fix it. I have to go in, reset the keys to default, and then totally exit the game to fix it. But then I'm still stuck with the keys being annoying.

Guess I'm waiting for a patch or something.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#72 madcyantist

madcyantist

Impulsive Buyer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

I'm on the final boss I think -- Neanderthal or something. Lvl 42 on Normal. Anyone want to talk that tonight? Gonna waypoint to the mines (I think lvl 4 or 5) and try to beat the game.

#73 j-cart

j-cart

BOOM BOOM SHAKE SHAKE, NOW DROP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

So is there PvP?

#74 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

No, only 2-4 player co-op.

#75 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

Actually it's 2-6 Player Co-Op.

#76 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

There's PvP. In chat type: /pvp

I haven't done any yet but my understanding is that it's more dueling than outright PvP.

And while you're at it type: /breakdance
sudo mklove

#77 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:13 AM

I need a buy bundle pack, please anyone. :)
Posted Image
NINTENDO ID: Bigst3ph3n
Part of THE MEDIOCRE NATION: THE MEDIOCRE SHOW
Twitter: @bigst3ph3n -- RIP 2pac, BIG and Sega Dreamcast.

#78 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:17 AM

I need a buy bundle pack, please anyone. :)

here ya go sport
http://store.steampo...com/app/200710/

its 60$.

no need to thank me for finding the link for you.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#79 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:51 AM

So wait, no PvP?

I thought the whole delay was so that they would have PvP @ launch.

#80 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

The only delay was that it was supposed to come out some time last year (July-Oct) but then they pushed it back to Summer 2012 to keep working on it. Then it was just taking them forever to announce a concrete date.

#81 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

here ya go sport
http://store.steampo...com/app/200710/

its 60$.

no need to thank me for finding the link for you.

Haha I meant I need to get in on a 4 pack with people. Sorry was a lil drunk. ;)

#82 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

Got a question. Does or has anyone not had Torchlight II show up in their games list? I got on a 4 pack, and I went to go download my copy last night until I realized it wasn't there. I didn't really think about checking last friday because the gift copy of T1 was there and I played it (and I was playing Borderlands 2 so I didn't bother to download T2).

Even on the Steam Community page it says it's not there. I sent a support ticket last night, waiting on a response.
Posted Image

#83 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

If you got a 4-Pack through a CAG, there should be a log that you were traded the game that you can find (through your Steam inventory). I would verify that first. Now if you were head of the 4-pack and it's missing, then good luck getting a speedy support ticket reply.

#84 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

If you got a 4-Pack through a CAG, there should be a log that you were traded the game that you can find (through your Steam inventory). I would verify that first. Now if you were head of the 4-pack and it's missing, then good luck getting a speedy support ticket reply.

It was a 4 pack with friends. I will check the inventory log but it does say Torchlight 1 was redeemed in my transaction log. I redeemed the preorder like 3-4 month ago like a week after preorders went live.
Posted Image

#85 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

So wait, no PvP?

I thought the whole delay was so that they would have PvP @ launch.

That was Diablo III and it launched without it. (patch 1.1 is what Blizzard claims as the PvP patch)

I just tried out the PvP in Torchlight II and when you die it is a full-on legitimate death with penalty options and everything so not take-a-knee dueling at all.
sudo mklove

#86 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

It was a 4 pack with friends. I will check the inventory log but it does say Torchlight 1 was redeemed in my transaction log. I redeemed the preorder like 3-4 month ago like a week after preorders went live.

You're looking at your game buy/activate log. You want your steam trade inventory log to ensure it was actually traded to you first.

#87 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

That was Diablo III and it launched without it. (patch 1.1 is what Blizzard claims as the PvP patch)

I just tried out the PvP in Torchlight II and when you die it is a full-on legitimate death with penalty options and everything so not take-a-knee dueling at all.

How is the PvP? Are people competitive enough for item trading?

#88 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that people are serious about PvP as there's an entire guild section on the Runic forums yet there's no in-game guild functionality.:-k

edit: I decided to give the official forums as well as the Steam forum a browse and I don't see much of anything about PvP. I doubt many even know that it's in there let alone about all of the other chat commands like emotes and such.*shrug*
sudo mklove

#89 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:51 PM

You're looking at your game buy/activate log. You want your steam trade inventory log to ensure it was actually traded to you first.

Just got home from work and checked my inventory history. It's not even in my trade history which is odd because I have the Torchlight 1. I hope I am not out $15. It's not even that it's a ton of money but it's just the principal now.
Posted Image

#90 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

in need of buds to play with!