CAGcast #294: Wombat, Expert Marksman: The Unorthodox Jew

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#31 Cheshire Wolf

Cheshire Wolf

CAG BALLER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

MGS4 (an old game as it's put) is still valid to get trophies because it's a clear Win-Win for the Playstation community. It's a benefit to those of us that do care about gamerscore/trophy level or people that just are looking for a reason to play one of the best games of all time, and even to those like Shipwreck who (god forbid) haven't touched MGS4.
Can a young Fuck get money anymore? - Kanye West

#32 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

Great show.

I'd be interested in the code for Hybrid, too.
Posted Image

#33 Conboy

Conboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

Great show guys. Liked the decription of the right winger protestors by your ouse Cheapy. Wierd that there hasn't been a Hybrid review yet on any of the major sites yet.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

Great show guys. Liked the decription of the right winger protestors by your ouse Cheapy. Wierd that there hasn't been a Hybrid review yet on any of the major sites yet.

Not crazy, they sent out review codes the day before launch, then the game was pulled. Many reviewers are probably playing it for the first time today.

#35 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

It'd probably be stranger if there were any. Codes didn't go out until the night before release and server issues took the game down on release day. There hasn't been enough time to give the game a fair shake and write a review.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#36 RobertEffenHorry

RobertEffenHorry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

Thanks for using my question on Cheapy's obscure highbrow snobby movie pick of the week. I have no idea how I missed that I wrote pick of the pick instead though.

I would also be interested in the Hybrid code. thanks

#37 NateWhs152

NateWhs152

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

Love the show as always and would love the code.

Cheapy, when you are on vacation take a break from the Cagcast. As much as I love the weekly show, you need to enjoy the time with your family. If Shipwreck and Wombat want to do a show that would be great.

Have fun in Canada and America!!

#38 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

Good show once again, Id be down for hybrid code

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#39 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Weird. I was replying to Shipwreck's post in the last thread and it tells me that it needed to be approved by a moderator. What's up with that?

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#40 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

Great show. Although,somewhat forgettable.I couldn't remember what had been said after the show ended. In it to win the Hybrid game.

#41 wiiheat

wiiheat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

Go see "The Watch".

Go ahead.

I'll wait...

#42 YoatOverNothing

YoatOverNothing

Some Guy On The Internet

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

I think requiring exclusivity and timed exclusivity is not the only reason why the Summer of Arcade is lacking this year. I think it's also possible they are stretching themselves thin with all the additional arcade promotions they do now as opposed to when they only used to do just the Summer of Arcade.

That being said...I'd take a free copy of Hybrid.

#43 The Great BM

The Great BM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

I'm pretty sure it's pronounced "day-zee", but if they're going to be cheeky and not have a space in between, then I'm going to be an ass and pronounce it like the word "days". The same way I don't pronounce BlazBlue "blaze-blue".

And I am also interested in the Hybrid code.

#44 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

Great show this week! Although a little short, but I guess there wasn't much news and stuff to talk about. Loved Wombats secret youth as a rifleman haha.

Would love a chance at Hybrid as well!

evophile.pngevophile.png

#45 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

Major Havoc was one of my fav arcade games.

#46 Ultramontane

Ultramontane

Kuato Lives!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

Cheapy,

After listening to the show, I gave Slender a try. It made me shit my pants. Never again.
-Ultra

Don't make decisions when you're angry and don't make promises when you're happy.

#47 S0LIDARITY

S0LIDARITY

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:19 AM

I think it'd be really cool if Wombat could find some old footage of him at rifle-competitions. Can CheapyD give an update on Japan's recovery from last year's tsunami? I remember last summer around this time the power grid was strained and he was struggling to find A/C in Tokyo. I'd also like to hear a bit about Shipwreck's Caddy next show.

Great work as usual, please consider me for a Hybrid code.

#48 chunktek

chunktek

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:24 AM

Cheapy, it might just be my ears or my headphones since no one else has mentioned this, but the audio sounded really flat to me on this recording. It was mostly you, not so much Shipwreck or Wombat. Just thought I'd mention it since you switched to the Macbook Air and might have changed something. This is usually one of the best sounding casts I listen to.

Oh and I'm down for hybrid.

#49 pinballrj

pinballrj

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

I am interested in that drawn to life third person shooter thing on my (classy) R2D2 360, its not the batman... game I need but its the game I deserve... I am the knight!

also my phone is up for upgrade in September and i'm wondering if an iPhone will be powerful enough for my needs or will it force me to start buying apple products at the worst time possible?

#50 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:34 AM

What's wrong with someone liking a documentary? There are some great documentaries out there, just some simply phenomenal ones. Cheapy if you haven't got the chance you should really check out "The Cove". Even people who don't like documentaries I could see being fascinated.
Heck there's a documentary on a specific typeface called "Helvetica" which is suppose to surprisingly be good.

Oh yes, wombat the magical Ashkenazi Jew. Chuckles.

Cheapy when are you going to talk about how more and more Japanese are worshipping you as the reincarnation of Buddha? ;-)
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#51 sainrub

sainrub

CAGisdabomb!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:02 AM

I recently watched With Great Power: The Stan Lee Story. It is currently on Netflix and I really enjoyed it. Check it out if you have a chance, good stuff.

Darksiders 2 is starting to gain my attention. Hearing about it from ShipWreck makes me want to check it out. That magic word "loot" has me interested.

Dissapointing to hear that XBOX Summer of Arcade is not as worthwhile as its been in the past. I had high hopes for Deadlight but have heard its not as amazing as i had hoped for. Now with Hybrid having these tech issues it seems the promotion has lost all of its steam. From the trailer it seems very interesting but im still confused on what kind of gameplay to expect.

I would love to be included in the giveaway for Hybrid so please include me.
Thanks guys, love the show.

#52 STRUDLES89

STRUDLES89

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:41 AM

Great show as always guys!

Cheapy I was wondering do you plan on picking up the Phoenix Wright Movie when it comes out aug 22??

#53 4nik8tor

4nik8tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:52 AM

crapware unitl next year. no thanx. I'm gonna save my money for the new system/s

#54 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

Fantastic show, as I write this from my iPad I realize how much of a apple whore I am just like Cheapy....time go to check macrumors again.... (P.S. would love that copy of Hybrid)

#55 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

My problem with Cheapy and his Apple obsession is the fact that he treats all Apple products like they're the most amazing devices ever created and nothing could ever be close to them. And he'll never realize they're not because he won't ever consider buying anything else.

Apple products are just like Call of Duty games. A new one comes out each year, with very little changes, while still remaining the overpriced and overhyped things that manage to sell millions because of the brand name attached to them. And Cheapy buys both every year.

DarkZion9.png card.png

Yeah jay remedy was really the heart and soul of this thread.

story isn't outstanding.. but the fact you can rub a girl and make them naked? and hear them moaning ?

total worth my money

#56 SnotRocket

SnotRocket

$20? To much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

I'm looking forward to darksiders 2. I loved the first one, to me it was a zelda clone but with cooler/more fighting! You might want to check it out Ship, I played some of the 2nd one and felt it was the 1st but better which says a lot.

Hybrid. Please.

banner1.gif
fss_overall.png

#57 xrayzwei

xrayzwei

is ready to believe you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

I'll also be waiting for Persona to come down. If there was footage on giantbomb I'd just watch it there like I did for P4.

I'd also like to enter for a Hybrid code please.
This space left intentionally blank.

#58 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

Keep the Apple/PC talk balanced. It's easy to get carried away, as I love my Apple products too. Just keep in mind there are reasons people would want and Android/PC/MS Surface etc, just like there are reason someone would prefer an Apple product.

Great show as always!

#59 Qwinn3

Qwinn3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

I have loved your show since I first started listening around episode 40 or something like that. In any case I never stop by and let you know just how entertaining your show is. I always look forward to the next CAGcast and after all this time I'm still learning more and more about you all. Wombat a competitive rifle shooter? Who knew? While I totally disagree with him when it comes to the physical mechanics of shooting (always hold your breath) I really love the perspective that you all bring to the table. So Cheapy, Wombat and Shipwreck, thank you for taking time out of your days to entertain us. I thoroughly enjoy what you all do for us.

Now gimme that free Hybrid code....actually don't, I'll never play it.....

#60 Qwinn3

Qwinn3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

Not sure what all this Apple vs. PC stuff is about. He works with Mac products and plays with PC products. Who gives a shit what platform he uses for what?

Also, Apple products are so much better then PC crap.