Debating on what to do with mine now.
Click the Picture to see My TradeList!

Posted Image

#242 Deathmore10

Deathmore10

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

Well I feel good, no matter what NOA decides to do they can't mess this up for me. If they do indeed make more of these nunchuks then I'll just open mine up and actually use it, if they don't, I'll keep it until it's worth a large sum.
As much as I'd like to believe that they wont put more up in club Nintendo, I'm going to stay skeptical until there is proof or until a large amount of time passes and it just becomes blatantly apparent.

#243 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

I'm keeping mine in the package and will see if it has value down the road. I never got a Zelda remote to go with it so on its own I doubt I open it.

#244 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

Looks like the value just went up then.

Debating on what to do with mine now.

I assume you're referring to keeping it or giving it as a gift, yes?

#245 Bent 00

Bent 00

Show me ya moves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

I predict it will be back. These aren't exactly hard to manufacture, unless they ran out of gold paint. :roll:

#246 Ultrawolf

Ultrawolf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

damn! I was 25 coins short :(
I hate that it cost so much because for people like me who were just under couldn't even get a chance to get the nunchuk before its gone.

#247 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

damn! I was 25 coins short :(
I hate that it cost so much because for people like me who were just under couldn't even get a chance to get the nunchuk before its gone.

It was in stock for a week. If you couldn't get 25 coins in a week then that's on you.

I predict it will be back. These aren't exactly hard to manufacture, unless they ran out of gold paint. :roll:

They said it was limited from the beginning and I doubt the manufacturing is the factor making them limited. They probably had some left over from the initial offering on Japan's Club Nintendo and figured why not offer them up as coin bait for NA. I'm pretty sure this is a case where once it's gone, it really gone.

#248 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

I'll just start stocking up for a gold Wii U tablet
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#249 johnmstewart

johnmstewart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

I assume you're referring to keeping it or giving it as a gift, yes?

Keeping it - No

Gifting it - No

Trading it - Yes
Click the Picture to see My TradeList!

Posted Image

#250 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

Just got mine today. Disappointed that it just comes in a thin plastic sack... oh well, better than nothing.

#251 Bent 00

Bent 00

Show me ya moves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:27 AM

They said it was limited from the beginning and I doubt the manufacturing is the factor making them limited. They probably had some left over from the initial offering on Japan's Club Nintendo and figured why not offer them up as coin bait for NA. I'm pretty sure this is a case where once it's gone, it really gone.

Perhaps, but it does say "Currently sold out due to popular demand" on the Club Nintendo home page. "Currently"! I'm going to be optimistic and bet they'll put them up for sale again at some point.

#252 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2a21a6fe16

And so begins the ebay bids. $50 and still a couple days to go. Now I'm afraid to open my numchuck.

I need a new signature.

#253 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

Perhaps, but it does say "Currently sold out due to popular demand" on the Club Nintendo home page. "Currently"! I'm going to be optimistic and bet they'll put them up for sale again at some point.

same here. I'm feverishly trying to get enough coins to get it if it comes back. I'm out of wii codes. I think I should hit GS for a couple of the cheap ones.

shameless plug: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=319105 (please pm me)

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#254 Bent 00

Bent 00

Show me ya moves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

I sent the following email to Club Nintendo Support via this link:

Subject: Webform: Club Nintendo > Club Nintendo Rewards > Ordering

Will the gold nunchuk be available for purchase again anytime soon, or ever?

Thanks for any information.

I got this response today:

Thanks for contacting us about the Gold Nunchuk. Please note that this reward was produced in limited quantities, so it is unlikely that we’ll be getting more in stock. I will, however, document your interest in this particular reward on the record of feedback for this item. If additional supplies become available again in the future, we’ll be sure to update the Rewards section of Club Nintendo (https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do). Since we'll be unable to alert you if this happens, we ask that you check back periodically.

Sincerely,

Jay Dean
Nintendo of America

I'm thinking that if a bunch of us email Nintendo like I did, they will "document our interest" in the gold nunchuk and consider getting another batch up for sale.

Use this link to email them!

#255 Ultrawolf

Ultrawolf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

It looks like they are planning on bringing it back. I check the gold nunchuk item page and it now says this: "Due to popular demand, the Gold Nunchuk sold out quicker than anticipated! We’re hoping to make this golden gem available again. Please check back soon for more details. "

#256 Bent 00

Bent 00

Show me ya moves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:53 AM

I just noticed that too. Called it, yeah! :D

https://club.nintend...ails/a/29508.do

#257 RADa5AURU5

RADa5AURU5

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

Just got mine in the mail today; I already had the gold classic from Goldeneye and the Skyward Sword remote, so I was happy to finish the set. Just wanted to say thanks to whoever mentioned asking a GameStop employee if they'd mind me looking through the used Wii games for points; I was 100 short and a quick trip to GameStop solved that (and got me from gold to platinum).