YMMV - Free Select Game for those who purchased Silent Hill HD X360 before 8/8

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#31 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:04 AM

They still have copies of Contra Shattered Soldier and Suikoden III? I haven't seen those new in nearly 10 years.
\\:D/

#32 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:09 AM

They still have copies of Contra Shattered Soldier and Suikoden III? I haven't seen those new in nearly 10 years.

Yeah, the list is pretty crazy. LoS LE was pretty rare to begin with, kinda surprised to see they are offering either version. I already own the LE game, but I wouldn't mind having another one just cause my slipcover is slightly cracked.

Guess we'll see what happens, besides I traded in this game waaay back in May lol, so no big deal for me.

#33 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:10 AM

so just email them and complain or email them and ask for a free game?

#34 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:12 AM

So 360 people got shafted, ouch. Glad I own the PS3 ver in my collection!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#35 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:13 AM

if i buy the game right now can i still get it?

#36 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:14 AM

not really shafted. free game can get you free ps3 version and a trade in of your xbox version.

#37 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:15 AM

so just email them and complain or email them and ask for a free game?

Lol yeah, I feel bad just going in and bitching about it then at the end saying "So.. free game?". So I just ended up bitching about it, I'll see if they send me an e-mail with a list of what they offer and go from there.

#38 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:22 AM

I will LOL at the guy who picks Rumble Roses.

Or rock revolution O.0

#39 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:25 AM

Lol so um.. this is what I got, must say that was a pretty fast reply though:

[FONT="]Dear Sir,[/FONT]

[FONT="]Thank you for contacting Konami Customer Support. We’re deeply apologetic for the obvious inconvenience and frustration this has caused you.[/FONT][FONT="] Unfortunately due to technical constraints we simply will be unable to patch the XBOX 360 version. The PS3 version was prioritized as it appeared to have the worst of any possible issues, and the Xbox 360 version contains fewer technical issues, and the remaining ones we are unfortunately unable to address.[/FONT]

#40 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:30 AM

Lol so um.. this is what I got, must say that was a pretty fast reply though:

How long did it take to get a response and did they offer you a game or was that the entire msg?

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#41 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

How long did it take to get a response and did they offer you a game or was that the entire msg?

That was the entire message, so I'm unsure how to throw them the REAL question, hah.

I sent them a e-mail practically like 10 minutes ago, and received that e-mail like a few minutes afterwards.

#42 LumberJacket

LumberJacket

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

In for Rock Revolution...

#43 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:38 AM

Hmmm I emailed them over an hour ago and have yet to get a response. Interesting.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#44 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:40 AM

Hopefully someone can confirm this is legit though, cause otherwise no point in throwing them another e-mail.

#45 vherub

vherub

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:42 AM

castlevania le for ps3 and otomedius se are pretty good free game selections

#46 PhQTwo

PhQTwo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:49 AM

if i buy the game right now can i still get it?

Had to be bought before 08/08/2012.

#47 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:05 AM

i've been looking on the net and can't find anything about this. was this some coupe just to get us to complain? lol

#48 aardarf

aardarf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:09 AM

holy sh*#. This is awesome of them. I wonder if this is cheaper for them than putting out the patch.

#49 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:23 AM

Hopefully someone can confirm this is legit though, cause otherwise no point in throwing them another e-mail.

No point in not doing so, either. Give it a try!

who saves receipts? that's unfair!

I guess you do starting now! 8-) Seriously though, just take your receipts, fold them and put them in the case behind the booklet. I do that and it makes it super easy to price match, etc.

#50 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:25 AM

holy sh*#. This is awesome of them. I wonder if this is cheaper for them than putting out the patch.

It seems like it since they are doing this. I guess there is something really bugged in the code for the 360 that would cost more time and effort.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#51 wingzero16

wingzero16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:27 AM

technincal difficulties to fix a technical difficltie how does that happen! only with xbox

#52 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

Even if you do not like anything on this list, how can you not get CastleVania LOS: Limited Edition for the PS3 and try to make money by selling it? That game is OOS everywhere and the PS3 is the rarer find between the two console versions. With two new games announced in that LOS series, the demand for brand new sealed copies on Amazon and eBay still sell for MSRP or more which starts at $80. So you could conceivably sell this and get MORE than what you paid for SH: HD Collection, but you should do the traditional auction over a set price. Just look online if you need proof of the completed sales.

#53 the4thnobleman

the4thnobleman

Helpdesk Wookiee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:45 AM

Is there a kind enough soul that could provide a cash receipt scan for those without?

[/worth-a-try]

#54 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:46 AM

Even if you do not like anything on this list, how can you not get CastleVania LOS: Limited Edition for the PS3 and try to make money by selling it? That game is OOS everywhere and the PS3 is the rarer find between the two console versions. With two new games announced in that LOS series, the demand for brand new sealed copies on Amazon and eBay still sell for MSRP or more which starts at $80. So you could conceivably sell this and get MORE than what you paid for SH: HD Collection, but you should do the traditional auction over a set price. Just look online if you need proof of the completed sales.

Exactly, but at the same time it's what is so absurd. How the heck do they have such rare games still available? Doesn't make sense to me, like I said, the LE was pretty rare to begin with so I just find it hard to believe they would actually still have sealed copies still chilling around in their warehouse or w/e.

Not doubting the OP, infact thanks for posting this! But has anyone else gotten an e-mail besides me? For all we know this could be YMMV, or maybe I missed a certain key phrase in my e-mail? OP could you enlighten us?

#55 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

Is there a kind enough soul that could provide a cash receipt scan for those without?

[/worth-a-try]

No.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#56 reynold4490

reynold4490

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:01 AM

Ah, good to know. I know a patch came out for the PS3 version, but I thought that was because the PS3 version was that much worse than the 360 version and the patch made the PS3 on par with the 360 version.

Did the PS3 patch fix all/most of the issues or is it still glaringly unfinished/bugged? I was on the lookout for a cheap 360 version, but I suppose PS3 is the way to go now.

From what I understand, the game is okay now. No framerate issues, no missing sound files and no graphic errors. The patch apparently is around 500MB and adds the missing files.

This is a video with some of the glitches:

#57 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:01 AM

Where does it say you'll get a new, complete version of the games on that lists?

#58 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:14 AM

I shot them an email, we'll see

#59 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:16 AM

a few hours and no response

#60 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:16 AM

From the sound of it it may be ymmv. I can only speak for myself but all I did was send an email saying that I've been waiting to play the game until the patch was released and now that they announced that there would be no patch forthcoming what do they plan to do to make amends?

They responded by apologizing and then asked where I purchased it and if I still had the receipt. After I responded, they sent me a second email with the list of games I posted. Maybe they are out of free games or just changed the policy but that's how it went down for me.
Posted Image