- - - - -

YMMV - Free Select Game for those who purchased Silent Hill HD X360 before 8/8

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#61 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:19 AM

a few hours and no response

You do realize they are human and they work a job like anyone else right? They're not around to answer emails, phones or anything else 24/7. Give it some time, try tomorrow.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#62 FiendCameron

FiendCameron

xGrindxMoshx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:21 AM

Is there a kind enough soul that could provide a cash receipt scan for those without?

[/worth-a-try]

Gotta love how your name contains "noble" and you're anything but.

Tossed my hat in the ring, did an instore pickup at BB in April so I have my receipt, mentioned that I heard they were reimbursing for leaving us in the wind.

#63 VA

VA

Do my nipples frighten you?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:21 AM

I own Rumble Roses. ha ha

#64 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:37 AM

wow thats amazing, and an amazing list.

I recommend to anyone to get the Castlevania LE

That is nice, there are several games on that list that are actually really good/worthwhile.
Posted Image

#65 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:54 AM

Emailed them, still have the receipt cuz I bought from Amazon. Hopefully they offer me a game. Wouldn't mind MGS 3D or MGS HD collection.

#66 TeamSwish

TeamSwish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:08 AM

I'm about to send an email. No physical receipt but I had a GS transaction log. I hope that works.
Posted Image

#67 the4thnobleman

the4thnobleman

Helpdesk Wookiee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:21 AM

Gotta love how your name contains "noble" and you're anything but.

Tossed my hat in the ring, did an instore pickup at BB in April so I have my receipt, mentioned that I heard they were reimbursing for leaving us in the wind.

You don't have a clue what I own or do not own. Claiming someone is not of noble intentions when asking does not automatically mean I have nefarious intentions. However, if you wish to claim ignorance...so be it. I never said anything about posting it publicly nor would I expect it. You read the post wrong and added your own spin to it. Congrats, you're the new news channel on the block. But if someone had the kindness to offer said scan, AND if someone could supply a timestamped proof-or-ownership via PM's....I fail to see how it would be nefarious for anyone to go this route.

I like others, own the title and have since disposed of receipt. I don't have an electronic trail to fall back on like reward zone, or Kmart SYW rewards email, or etc. Ergo, I am out of luck. Furthermore, I'm also out the $40 for a broken title. Live & learn. I won't be supporting future Konami titles. *adds to the pile of boycotted game companies*

#68 JayTL

JayTL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:24 AM

Bought it day one. Heard about the issues and returned it soon thereafter. Wish I kept the OG receipt *shrug*

#69 UrJudge

UrJudge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:54 AM

anybody got a receipt? Pretty please
Ill give 1600 MSP as a trade

#70 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:08 AM

Maybe they'd accept a credit card statement with the transaction highlighted.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#71 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:14 AM

sucks that i bought it preowned, still going to send an e-mail about this bullshit tho

#72 Zenjiro

Zenjiro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:24 AM

who saves receipts? that's unfair!

Yeah seriously, its not normal to have reciepts from the beginning of the year (i bought mine back in march on the day it came out btw) unless youre one of the rare types that puts your receipts back in the box after you buy them! sucks that those of us without receipts got shafted but im gonna try and send them an email anyway.

#73 MoltenMan

MoltenMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

I had pre-ordered it at GameStop and picked it up release day. I used my powerzone card and I'm going to see if they'll accept a screen capture of it in my purchase history.

#74 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:52 AM

You don't have a clue what I own or do not own. Claiming someone is not of noble intentions when asking does not automatically mean I have nefarious intentions. However, if you wish to claim ignorance...so be it. I never said anything about posting it publicly nor would I expect it. You read the post wrong and added your own spin to it. Congrats, you're the new news channel on the block. But if someone had the kindness to offer said scan, AND if someone could supply a timestamped proof-or-ownership via PM's....I fail to see how it would be nefarious for anyone to go this route.

I like others, own the title and have since disposed of receipt. I don't have an electronic trail to fall back on like reward zone, or Kmart SYW rewards email, or etc. Ergo, I am out of luck. Furthermore, I'm also out the $40 for a broken title. Live & learn. I won't be supporting future Konami titles. *adds to the pile of boycotted game companies*

Although I agree that the other guy assumed too much about your intent, you're still asking people to do something unethical. Giving Konami a receipt from a purchase you didn't make is still a lie. Why don't you just contact them and explain the situation instead of engaging in a form of deception? I find it hard to believe they will turn you down if you're just honest about it.

#75 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:07 AM

Although I agree that the other guy assumed too much about your intent, you're still asking people to do something unethical. Giving Konami a receipt from a purchase you didn't make is still a lie. Why don't you just contact them and explain the situation instead of engaging in a form of deception? I find it hard to believe they will turn you down if you're just honest about it.

I've been turned down by every company when I had a problem with something when I didn't have a receipt. They stick by their protocol, and/or they just dont care about their customers.

#76 skateraXVIII

skateraXVIII

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:20 AM

Konami announced yesterday that they will not be releasing any further patches for the xbox 360 version of the Silent Hill HD collection.

For those of you who are like me and purchased the Xbox 360 version of the Silent Hill HD Collection NEW and still have a receipt to prove it, if you send an email to customersupport@kde-us.com expressing your displeasure about the lack of further patches, you will be presented with a list of select games to choose a free copy from. The list is below. While not a great selection, its still better than nothing.

Spoiler

I have to disagree with you on there not being good selection. If they're actual physical copies of the games listed, MGS Essential Collection :ps2: is going for ~$45-$50 new on amazon. Also Silent Hill 2 Restless Dreams :xbox: is going for ~$80 new.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#77 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:24 AM

I will LOL at the guy who picks Rumble Roses.

Would you?

http://www.amazon.co...s&condition=new

Tempted to go out and buy a copy of the Silent Hill HD collection and get a free copy of MGS HD collection..

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#78 tommythethumb

tommythethumb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:28 AM

Fwiw....I shot them an email earlier today and within 10 minutes received the following:

”Thank you for contacting Konami Customer Support about this issue. We’re very sorry that you’re frustrated with this issue, but hope that you understand due to technical constraints we simply will be unable to patch the XBOX 360 version and deeply apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.”

No mention of any replacement games. I don't want to press the issue quite yet and will wait to hear if anyone else has any luck. Best of luck to those waiting on responses.

#79 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:35 AM

Fwiw....I shot them an email earlier today and within 10 minutes received the following:

”Thank you for contacting Konami Customer Support about this issue. We’re very sorry that you’re frustrated with this issue, but hope that you understand due to technical constraints we simply will be unable to patch the XBOX 360 version and deeply apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.”

No mention of any replacement games. I don't want to press the issue quite yet and will wait to hear if anyone else has any luck. Best of luck to those waiting on responses.

Almost the exact thing they sent me, (posted it in Page 2). I'm starting to think this is YMMV, since OP chimed in and didn't seem to do anything special in order to get in on this. I pretty much complained, asked them that I was waiting for the patch to replay the games since April, yadda yadda, and nadda.

#80 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:19 AM

This all seemed extremely highly YMMV to begin with. I've seen no official source that they're giving people free games, seems like it was just one support rep that was being nice by giving a free game to some guy that complained. I doubt they'd do this for everyone. It's probably more expensive to give away games from that list than it is to release a patch.

#81 tommythethumb

tommythethumb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:51 AM

anyone here mind emailing me their receipt for the game...... I was to cheap to get this game and I missed the $20 Downpour Best Buy deal and I want retribution by getting Downpour for free

Email me the receipt at willrod61.2@hotmail.com

Somehow I don't see this ending well.

#82 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:53 AM

Don't have a receipt, but I did hook you up with some awesome newsletters. Hope you like prison love.

#83 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:05 AM

So where did you buy your copy?

#84 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:05 AM

anyone here mind emailing me their receipt for the game...... I was to cheap to get this game and I missed the $20 Downpour Best Buy deal and I want retribution by getting Downpour for free

Email me the receipt at willrod61.2@hotmail.com

New email address for spam sites, check!

Starting my Friday checklist already!

#85 crimsonassassin

crimsonassassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

So will they accept screenshots of an Amazon order page instead of an actual receipt?

#86 Gboon

Gboon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

Well it aint my real email anyway so I really don't care I made it right before I made the post.... I aint that stupid

http://www.myspace.com/gamewizard96

says you
http://heroesofnewer....php?r=DPUCQ3KU

BUY HON HERE, AND I GET FREE COINS

#87 FEGuy

FEGuy

STARING DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SOUL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:13 AM

So will they accept screenshots of an Amazon order page instead of an actual receipt?

It's what I'm hoping they'll do. At worst they'll probably ask for the PDF or the raw HTML, but I can see a whole new shitstorm brewing if they refuse Amazon purchasers.

Of course, that's assuming they give something to everyone who sends them a message, but with this level of bullshit they'll probably give something to anyone who bitches long enough.

#88 the4thnobleman

the4thnobleman

Helpdesk Wookiee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:40 AM

So where did you buy your copy?

Walmart via cash at the time.

#89 Lordd_G

Lordd_G

90's Gamer 4 Life!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

Well, at least we now know what games are clogging up Konami's US warehouses...

:grouphug: Not only are we cheap gamers, but we're also asses! :grouphug:

#90 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

Sent my Amazon screenshot last night, haven't heard anything back.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image