YMMV - Free Select Game for those who purchased Silent Hill HD X360 before 8/8

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#151 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

They are sending me a thing to ship back my game, I don't know what I should get. Kind of leaning towards Otomedius LE. I'd go with SH2 for the easy resell but it could be the platinum hits version.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#152 TotalHenshin

TotalHenshin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:10 AM

I think the title should be changed since I too got an e-mail confirming an exchange, not just a free copy.

#153 camelking6969

camelking6969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:32 AM

in for rumble roses
[url=ign.com]

#154 trent82

trent82

Master Of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

Before anyone agrees to do an exchange, consider if having the UPC slashed or crossed out with a marker will bother you. This seems like a situation where that could happen.
3DS Friend Code :: 5112-3434-8624

#155 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:02 AM

I don't know where everyone got the idea that the 1 free patch rules applies to all Xbox 360 games - it is a rule for XBLA games only to my knowledge.

Big game publishers most likely negotiate deals with MS as far as cost for patches and number of freebies they get. I would bet that Activision and Bethesda get multiple free patches as part of a package deal to have the Xbox timed exclusive DLC.

My guess is that Konami's decision isn't based on fees charged by MS - it's based on how much time/effort and associated cost it would take to patch the 360 version, and that's if the issues are even patch-able. The reason the PS3 got a patch is they started working on it ASAP, and after the sales were in the shitter on all systems, it wasn't even worth starting on the 360 version.

I like the idea of the HD collections, but they are a cash grab for the game publishers, which is why they usually bring in a C team dev studio to handle the work.

#156 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:17 AM

I just got a tracking number for my game and they never said anything about returning anything. It seems like they've been changing the policy on the fly. It went from free pre orders to free old games to exchanges to nothing and then back to exchanges. I guess the timing was key.
Posted Image

#157 Zarski843

Zarski843

The artist formerly know as Lazer77

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

Oh my god I just sold mine on eBay (threw out the receipt) a little over a week ago...

Good news (for me) is that the buyer overpaid like crazy for the game (considering that I paid $15 for it after coupons/sales).

Zarski843.jpg

#158 lilytrabbit

lilytrabbit

404: Tag Not Found

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:16 AM

Does anyone know of a way to get a receipt from Target that actually shows the name of your games? All my receipts say XBox360 followed by the price and refund value.

#159 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

i got an email offering and exchange. that sucks. i want a free game and keep my Silent Hill! I know it's greedy but still! hehe

#160 clearM3

clearM3

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

I have every game on the list that I would of wanted, guess I am keeping my silent hill collection.

I would go for the 360 version of MGS HD but I have it on ps3, see no point in grabbing it on 360 as well

#161 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

i got an email offering and exchange. that sucks. i want a free game and keep my Silent Hill! I know it's greedy but still! hehe

They're probably going to trash all the returned games anyhow.

#162 demonlord6696

demonlord6696

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

Xbox and PS2 games? Really?

LOL I know, right?
Posted Image

#163 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:50 AM

LOL I know, right?

A sealed copy of Silent Hill 2 for Xbox PH sells for $45-55 on eBay, just checked. So trading hd collection for 2 for Xbox isn't a bad deal and the game isn't broken.

#164 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:43 AM

A sealed copy of Silent Hill 2 for Xbox PH sells for $45-55 on eBay, just checked. So trading hd collection for 2 for Xbox isn't a bad deal and the game isn't broken.

Unless it's the Platinum Hits version.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#165 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

Unless it's the Platinum Hits version.

I said PH for Platinum Hits, and that's how much it sold for.

#166 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

It's hardly greedy, you paid $30/$40 for it and now you're being asked to trade it back to them. Personally I don't like this at all, I paid $40 for Silent Hill HD Collection and that's what I want, I don't want to trade for anything on their list. If I absolutely had to it'd be for Dowpour but I already have it. Most of the crap on their list isn't even worth $40. Hell I'd rather have Homecoming on steam.

They should rerelease the PC versions on steam, or release a collection of them on steam, if you can hack widescreen support and get 3D out of Silent Hill 2 it shouldn't take much to do. And of course drop the prices a bit. Homecoming, $40 for an almost 4 year old pc game with lukewarm reception?

#167 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

I said PH for Platinum Hits, and that's how much it sold for.

Ah I missed the PH, sorry. I've still seen it sell for as low as 10 or 20, at least as far as pricecharting.com says, but yeah prob a solid 50 now.

I wonder if I sent it to them resealed if they would open it. Or if they are going to test the games before sending replacements out. I'm not normally a schemer, but I'm pretty chapped about the whole ordeal.

Posted Image

#168 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

It's hardly greedy, you paid $30/$40 for it and now you're being asked to trade it back to them. Personally I don't like this at all, I paid $40 for Silent Hill HD Collection and that's what I want, I don't want to trade for anything on their list. If I absolutely had to it'd be for Dowpour but I already have it. Most of the crap on their list isn't even worth $40. Hell I'd rather have Homecoming on steam.

They should rerelease the PC versions on steam, or release a collection of them on steam, if you can hack widescreen support and get 3D out of Silent Hill 2 it shouldn't take much to do. And of course drop the prices a bit. Homecoming, $40 for an almost 4 year old pc game with lukewarm reception?

I agree, Konami fell off a long time ago and they suck nowadays. They lost my business and I will not support any future titles they release. The representative who emailed me in the beginning said her supervisor approved for them to ship me Silent Hill: Downpour upon showing them a receipt of my purchase along with my shipping information then they changed the story around and said they'll only do an exchange. Surprised there hasn't been a petition of some sort to go against Konami for pulling this stunt off.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#169 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:06 AM

Ah I missed the PH, sorry. I've still seen it sell for as low as 10 or 20, at least as far as pricecharting.com says, but yeah prob a solid 50 now.

I wonder if I sent it to them resealed if they would open it. Or if they are going to test the games before sending replacements out. I'm not normally a schemer, but I'm pretty chapped about the whole ordeal.

Oh, I didn't think they would sell for that low. All depends on the buyer I guess. Ummm, I don't know about this case, but when my Silent Hill Downpour had a save problem (thought it was my game found out other people had the same problem after I got it replaced) Konami replaced it for me with a sealed copy. So I'm going to assume they are sealed, but I have no idea. That was my experience with that game.