2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

• Please log in to reply
1766 replies to this topic

#301 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

A great example of why sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Matthews was going to be inactive, so I had to start Michael Bush. He only gets 42 yards backing up Forte, but falls into the endzone twice on 1-yard TDs.

That's going to happen all year, major vulture in Chicago.

#302 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

It's so annoying and it makes no sense. Forte can get those TDs just as easily.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#303 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

Nate Kaeding totally fucked me in a league. Had a pretty decent lead on a guy heading into last night, he only had his kicker to play. I thought, no possible way Kaeding gets 5 FG to tie, and even so, I would win the tiebreaker. Well, he proved me wrong. 5 FG, 1 PAT. I lose, 134-133.

#304 ScottBigGame

ScottBigGame

CAG 4-Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

It's so annoying and it makes no sense. Forte can get those TDs just as easily.

No he can't. He's great and I'm a huge Bears fan, but 3rd and short is his weakest play. They signed Bush to get the short yardage, and unfortunately 1st and goal on the 1yd line is Bush time, every time.
Posted Image

#305 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

1st and goal on the 1yd line is Bush time, every time.

That's what she said. ;)

#306 japaki

japaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

okay, so i got a question do i start ray rice / murray or rice and cj spiller. spiller faces kc, murray faces broncos

#307 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

No he can't. He's great and I'm a huge Bears fan, but 3rd and short is his weakest play. They signed Bush to get the short yardage, and unfortunately 1st and goal on the 1yd line is Bush time, every time.

I don't know... you may be right but I tend to think that any RB in the league worth anything should be able to get 1 lousy yard when called upon to do so. Of course the OL has a lot to do with this as well. I watched Jacobs get subbed in for Bradshaw last year in those situations and it made me nuts (because I think Jacobs was done 2 years ago) - maybe up the middle isn't the best call for Forte on the 1 yard line but use some misdirection pre-snap and get him to the outside or something - I want my fantasy points dammit!

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#308 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

Alright need opinions on who to start in my WR/TE flex this week...

Fred Davis (@STL)
Greg Olsen (NO)
Kenny Britt (@SD)

Scoring:
1 pt per 10 yards.
PPR
6 pt TD
15 bonus points 100 yards+ receiving.

#309 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

Today someone in my yahoo league offered to trade me Donald Brown and Alshon Jeffrey for Doug Martin and Kenny Britt. Sounds like it's a bad deal. I was the one who drafted Britt before the suspension was handed out and took the risk/reward. Is there any reason I should accept this trade?

#310 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

Patriots D or Raiders D?

Patriots are going against Cardinals and Raiders are going against Dolphins. I didn't get to watch the Patriots this weekend but it seems they're more likely to give me picks and maybe even touchdowns. Did the Patriots run D improve or did Chris Johnson just played a dud? Raiders, on the other hand, from what I saw last night seem to have a strong D but not much potential for picks. I could see them pitching a shutout against the Dolphins.

#311 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Today someone in my yahoo league offered to trade me Donald Brown and Alshon Jeffrey for Doug Martin and Kenny Britt. Sounds like it's a bad deal. I was the one who drafted Britt before the suspension was handed out and took the risk/reward. Is there any reason I should accept this trade?

I wouldn't do it. Martin is a starting back who is going to get the bulk of the carries. He was solid this weekend. Kenny Britt is the Titans best WR. He should be targeted the most by Locker.

Donald Brown, I would only take off of waiver if I couldn't get anyone else. Jeffrey looks nice but I think Britt has a good chance to do better or at least match his FF points.

#312 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

Few questions I have regarding a few leagues I'm in:

Stafford vs 49ers
Schaub vs Jacksonville

Kevin Smith vs 49ers
Jamal Charles vs Buf
CJ Spiller vs KC

Chicago Def vs GB
Cincinnati Def vs Cleveland

Philadelphia Def vs Baltimore
Cincinnati def vs Cleveland

#313 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

I wouldn't do it. Martin is a starting back who is going to get the bulk of the carries. He was solid this weekend. Kenny Britt is the Titans best WR. He should be targeted the most by Locker.

Donald Brown, I would only take off of waiver if I couldn't get anyone else. Jeffrey looks nice but I think Britt has a good chance to do better or at least match his FF points.

Exactly what I was thinking. Methinks he's trying to hustle me.

#314 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

5-0 week 1 high score in all leagues but one, the one that pays $ for weekly high score lol... Damn!

Sucks I lost fats Freddie in big $ league, plus it's first come first serve and someone vultures Spiller. Damn set position limits in that league I was RB heavy already. Did cut Benson for Kevin Smith though. 1 week and I unsold on Cedric haha.

#315 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:23 AM

I survived week #1 despite Vick's four picks and getting absolutely nothing from Welker and Fitz. Demaryous Thomas saved my ass with that 80 yard TD catch. I was leading by 60 pts going into MNF but my opponent had (4) players going, McFadden, Rivers, Floyd, Janikowski. I thought I was screwed when Run DMC kept getting the ball every single play and Rivers hit Floyd for a TD but I ended up winning by 12.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#316 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:53 AM

Can anyone tell me how long does accepting/declining trade take on nfl.com? I made a trade proposal yesterday but I'm not sure how long he can keep me hanging. The league setting are manager veto, 2 day reject time with deadline on Nov. 23. Does this mean he has two days to reject or accept before the trade gets automatically cancel? I feel like my hands are tie with this trade hanging around.

#317 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

Anyone in a Yahoo! league? They added "Recaps" this year and they are awesome. They are stat and match-up summaries and they are really specific to what happened for that week. Good stuff.

Yeah I really like the recaps on Yahoo. I also won a badge this week being behind all week and then winning on Monday night. I'm a sucker for Achievements.

It was the same thing when McGahee was still in Baltimore. Ray Rice drives it 80 yards and McGahee get's the TDs.

#318 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

Picked up Ogletree in the FA. I hope that explosion wasn't a fluke.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#319 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:53 AM

Few questions I have regarding a few leagues I'm in:

Stafford vs 49ers
Schaub vs Jacksonville

Kevin Smith vs 49ers
Jamal Charles vs Buf
CJ Spiller vs KC

Chicago Def vs GB
Cincinnati Def vs Cleveland

Philadelphia Def vs Baltimore
Cincinnati def vs Cleveland

Stafford
Charles or Spiller, kind of a toss up. Smith will only see time if the Lions go up big, and they likely won't.
Cincinnati. Are you really asking if you should start Chicago vs. GB?
Again I'd have to say Cincinnati. Ravens look like they are in the zone.

#320 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:56 AM

You would start Stafford against the 49ers over Schaub vs Jacksonville? lol

Start any defense against Cleveland.

#321 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:06 AM

You would start Stafford against the 49ers over Schaub vs Jacksonville? lol

Start any defense against Cleveland.

Schaub could toss a TD and Foster could score a bunch. You don't pass when you're ahead....

SF could keep it a close game (or even blaze ahead a la vs. GB) which would keep Stafford throwing. You really don't think the Lions would put the fate of the game in Kevin Smith's hands, do you?

It really boils down to rule #1 of fantasy sports: Never bench your studs.

#322 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

Someone offered me Michael Vick, Roddy White, and Brandon Lloyd for Peyton Manning.

My other QB is Eli, and my starting WRs right now are Julio Jones, Greg Jennings, and Demaryius Thomas.

#323 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

I'd take it. Then trade off whoever you don't want to another team. How many teams in the league?

#324 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

Only 8, so the teams are kinda stacked as it is.

#325 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Only 8, so the teams are kinda stacked as it is.

In that case yeah, nevermind. Roddy White wouldn't be bad to have though.

#326 DeskLaser

DeskLaser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

Any opinions on Stafford vs SF or Luck vs MIN?
Posted Image

#327 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

Any thoughts on starting Ogletree/Cobb over DeSean Jackson, looks like Eagles are playing Bal this week.

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#328 _Ph03n1x_

_Ph03n1x_

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

Need some advice again for this week. It is a PPR league.

Pick 2/3 (2 RB slots + 1 Flex): Ryan Matthews vs. Titans, Trent Richardson vs. Bengals, Doug Martin vs. Giants, Kevin Smith vs. 49ers.

Pick 2/3(2 WR slots + 1 Flex if only 2 RB's were chosen): Larry Fitz vs. Patriots, Antonio Brown vs. Jets, Austin Collie (cleared to play) vs. Vikings, Stephen Hill vs. Steelers.

As always, I appreciate your help.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#329 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

Any opinions on Stafford vs SF or Luck vs MIN?

Never bench your studs.

#330 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

Need some advice again for this week. It is a PPR league.

Pick 2/3 (2 RB slots + 1 Flex): Ryan Matthews vs. Titans, Trent Richardson vs. Bengals, Doug Martin vs. Giants, Kevin Smith vs. 49ers.

Pick 2/3(2 WR slots + 1 Flex if only 2 RB's were chosen): Larry Fitz vs. Patriots, Antonio Brown vs. Jets, Austin Collie (cleared to play) vs. Vikings, Stephen Hill vs. Steelers.

As always, I appreciate your help.

I'd probably go with Mathews, Martin, Fitzgerald, Brown, and Hill.