2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

• Please log in to reply
1766 replies to this topic

#331 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

So do I start Ridley (vs. ARI) over Bradshaw (vs. TB)? What about Alex Smith (vs. DET) over Josh Freeman (@NYG)?

I'm thinking of going with Bradshaw and Smith even though Ridley looked way better than Bradshaw did last week.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#332 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

So do I start Ridley (vs. ARI) over Bradshaw (vs. TB)? What about Alex Smith (vs. DET) over Josh Freeman (@NYG)?

I'm thinking of going with Bradshaw and Smith even though Ridley looked way better than Bradshaw did last week.

I would start Ridley and Smith.

#333 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

Can anyone tell me how long does accepting/declining trade take on nfl.com? I made a trade proposal yesterday but I'm not sure how long he can keep me hanging. The league setting are manager veto, 2 day reject time with deadline on Nov. 23. Does this mean he has two days to reject or accept before the trade gets automatically cancel? I feel like my hands are tie with this trade hanging around.

As far as I know, the 2 day window refers to the time the other teams in the league have to approve or reject a trade once it is accepted. I don't think there's a time limit for the other person to respond. I would just cancel the offer and move on after two days.

#334 NSpectreGarrus

NSpectreGarrus

CAGosaurus Rex!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

Vick vs. BAL or Fitzpatrick vs. KC?

and for defenses, BAL @ PHI or CLE @ CIN?

631840.png

#335 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

Vick vs. BAL or Fitzpatrick vs. KC?

and for defenses, BAL @ PHI or CLE @ CIN?

I going Vick myself. He was bad last weekend but still give me 17 points. If he cuts out the INTs, he would have gotten me 25/26 points. I'm expecting less INT this coming weekend. Plus, they throw a lot even though McCoy is their RB.

I'm having the same debate on defense too. The only D you should be looking at is the Bengals. The Browns was just a mess on offense last week. Their QB couldn't throw. WR couldn't catch. Trent Richardson looked nothing like a top pick RB. The only thing holding me back is that the Bengals D got torched. They don't seem to handle fakes well. Their secondary looks average too. Not much of a pass rush or run D as well. Although this all might be more of facing the Raven offense, then bad D itself. Still, in general, I don't think Bengals have a very good defense. It's between the Patriots D and Bengals D for me.

#336 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

Stafford is hard to sit in any league but i'm leaning now at benching him in favor of Ryan monday night. I'm honestly regretting drafting him with 12th pick in 12 man league. My roster played out nice and I have Ryan as backup, starter in 3 of my other teams. Love the guy in that system and started having buyers remorse the day after the draft more when he cost me high score $ week 1 lol.

answers this page:
CUT Cleveland D

Vick starts

Ridley over Bradshaw until Pats forgets they can run. He's a beast and they gonna be playing with a lead most weeks.

I'd start Smith over Freeman every single week including the 49ers bye week.

Edited by $hady, 13 September 2012 - 01:06 AM.

#337 _Ph03n1x_

_Ph03n1x_

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:39 AM

I'd probably go with Mathews, Martin, Fitzgerald, Brown, and Hill.

Will do. Thank you kind sir.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#338 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:42 AM

Keep in mind that Mathews is still a big question mark. He didn't practice today, and he has yet to take a hit since he got hurt. I don't know what I am going to do with him this week..

#339 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:18 AM

Keep in mind that Mathews is still a big question mark. He didn't practice today, and he has yet to take a hit since he got hurt. I don't know what I am going to do with him this week..

Same was said about AP week one.... Not making that mistake again. I will play AP and Matthews week 2.

#340 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:22 AM

Is James Jones worth starting in week 2 with Jennings expected to be out?

#341 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:32 AM

Romo or Eli?

#342 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:56 AM

Ive got Nicks and Cruz in my league, gotta trade one of dem.

Stupid me
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#343 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:13 AM

Stafford is hard to sit in any league but i'm leaning now at benching him in favor of Ryan monday night. I'm honestly regretting drafting him with 12th pick in 12 man league. My roster played out nice and I have Ryan as backup, starter in 3 of my other teams. Love the guy in that system and started having buyers remorse the day after the draft more when he cost me high score $ week 1 lol.

If it makes you feel better, I'm tempted to start RGIII over Stafford in my one league. Only thing holding me back is the fact Rodgers had a good day against San Fran's defense.

card.png

#344 _Ph03n1x_

_Ph03n1x_

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

Same was said about AP week one.... Not making that mistake again. I will play AP and Matthews week 2.

yeah I think he'll be good to go this week.

EDIT: whelp, it looks like Matthews is listed as day to day and might not be cleared for contact.

Edited by _Ph03n1x_, 13 September 2012 - 04:42 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#345 Cap'n_RDM

Cap'n_RDM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

I need to start 3 of the following 5:

Adrian Peterson
Stephan Ridley
BJGE
Doug Martin
C.J. Spiller

I'm thinking Adrian Peterson (based on his performance last week, a no-brainer), Stephan Ridley (assuming he will get plenty of runs once the Pats build up a lead on the Cards), and maybe Spiller (hard to ignore his performance from last week but don't expect him to repeat it to that extent).

I also am debating between T. Smith and S.Johnson for my 2nd WR slot.

Thoughts?

Edited by Cap'n_RDM, 13 September 2012 - 06:01 PM.

Now Playing:
:ps3: Mortal Kombat
:wii: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
:psp: The 3rd Birthday
:ds: Pokemon Black

#346 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

Need a RB Flex.

Alred Morris @StL
or
Kevin Smith @SF

#347 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

Adrian Peterson
Stephan Ridley
BJGE
Doug Martin
C.J. Spiller

I'm thinking Adrian Peterson (based on his performance last week, a no-brainer), Stephan Ridley (assuming he will get plenty of runs once the Pats build up a lead on the Cards), and maybe Spiller (hard to ignore his performance from last week but don't expect him to repeat it to that extent).

Thoughts?

I'd have to agree with your thought process. Also, T. Smith as the WR. Ravens seems super impressive on offense so far. Plus, their QB hasnt thrown to the other team yet.

#348 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

Maclin, Blackmon, Lafell, or Ogletree?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#349 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

Need a RB Flex.

Alred Morris @StL
or
Kevin Smith @SF

Alfred Morris. SF run D is top notch.

Alshon Jeffery or Brandon Lloyd? I'm leaning toward Jeffery mainly because of Patrick Peterson. Any guess to how much Peterson is going to cover Lloyd?

#350 _Ph03n1x_

_Ph03n1x_

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

Adrian Peterson
Stephan Ridley
BJGE
Doug Martin
C.J. Spiller

Thoughts?

I'd go with AP, Ridley, Doug Martin
Posted ImagePosted Image

#351 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

Adrian Peterson
Stephan Ridley
BJGE
Doug Martin
C.J. Spiller

Thoughts?

I'd start AP, Ridley, and maybe Green Ellis since he plays Cleveland.

For my league, have the following options at the Flex spot, standard scoring:

Alfred Morris against the Rams, Demaryius Thomas against the Falcons, Anquan Boldin against the Eagles, or James Jones against the Bears? I could also have one of the WR's start there as I have Greg Jennings expected to sit. Thoughts?

#352 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

Just completely restarting on that post.

Jamaal Charles, Antonio Brown, or Donald Brown in the flex, normal scoring.

Receivers I have right now playing are Percy Harvin and Brandon Lloyd, with Randall Cobb and Antonio Brown on the bench.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#353 sying

sying

Speedy1961 Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:10 PM

Just completely restarting on that post.

Jamaal Charles, Antonio Brown, or Donald Brown in the flex, normal scoring.

Receivers I have right now playing are Percy Harvin and Brandon Lloyd, with Randall Cobb and Antonio Brown on the bench.

Between the 3 I would sat brown... Unless you are playing Boatcrash express inthe yahoo league, in that case bench everyone

#354 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:26 AM

yeah I think he'll be good to go this week.

EDIT: whelp, it looks like Matthews is listed as day to day and might not be cleared for contact.

Like I said, he hasn't taken any contact, yet. He only just practiced with pads today, and they held him out of any kind of contact drills. He is clearly going to be a game time decision again, so if you're gonna hold out for him, at least have a secondary option, considering the SD game is at 4.

#355 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

Vick or Flacco?

D. Jackson and Maclin are questionable for this weekend. Can Flacco crack those Philly's CBs?

#356 sying

sying

Speedy1961 Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

Thanks to James Jones and his negative yard -.10 points im in a deliema. Start two Cruz, Demarious Thomas, Colston and Lance Moore from New Orleansand Torrey.

Also I have MJD and LeSean McCoy starting. Doug Martin and Darren Sproles on the bench,right decision, right?

#357 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

I'm sure you're paying attention, but Foster will be a game time decision. Good thing you have Tate.

Vick or Flacco?

D. Jackson and Maclin are questionable for this weekend. Can Flacco crack those Philly's CBs?

Man, that's a tough one. I also have Vick but I benched him for Romo.
If it were me I'd probably go Vick because he's more athletic and may get you some rushing yardage and maybe run one in.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#358 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

2nd and 3rd WR..
Do I go with Boldin and Welker or do I mix it up with Ogletree/DeSean Jackson/Floyd

Edited by kube00, 14 September 2012 - 10:41 PM.

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#359 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

Dammit Forte. I have Stevan Ridley on my bench but all of a sudden

Bradshaw
CJ
Ridley

doesn't look quite as beastly. DAMMIT.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#360 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

I normally don't need to ask but....

PICK 2:
BenJarvus Green-Ellis [vs. Cle]
Trent Richardson [@ Cin]
Alfred Morris [vs. StL]

I'm thinking BGE & T-Rich due to the possible carousel in Washington.