2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

• Please log in to reply
1766 replies to this topic

#541 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:47 AM

Holy Fuck did my team take a dump today.

Fitz finally shows up but the rest of my team decided to take a week off. Fuck you Romo and Fuck you Witten.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#542 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

Witten killed me, especially seeing as I had Olsen on my bench. The 9 points I would've gotten from him could've opened up some breathing room for me.

#543 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

So glad I dumped Kevin Smith for Hakeem Nicks.

#544 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:41 AM

My team did horribly today. I was however able to trade for Fred Jackson who might have a few good games fantasy wise if CJ Spiller is out for a long period of time.
Posted Image

#545 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:31 AM

Ugh! I think I'm done with Gates. The week Cook does something and he is rotting on my bench. I'm still up but my opponent has four guys on Monday vs my one.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#546 japaki

japaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:26 AM

Definitely didn't expect Romo to post 6 points or Spiller to go down with an injury so early in the game.. benched young and that kicked me in my ass when he ties the game at the end of the 4th. :/ Also waiting on Garcon to come back too... i bet rg3 is waiting for that too

#547 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:05 AM

Should I drop Peyton Hillis for Scott Chandler? Brent Celek is my only TE.

#548 japaki

japaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:06 AM

Do you guys think I should trade Alex Smith and pick up Andrew Luck off the waiver wire?

#549 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:12 AM

Do you guys think I should trade Alex Smith and pick up Andrew Luck off the waiver wire?

Yes. Smith is a 15-20 points QB. It's unlikely he'll get you more/less than that.

Edited by winterice, 24 September 2012 - 04:30 AM.

#550 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:03 PM

the one week I sit jamaal charles and he fkn goes off.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#551 dkreegz515

dkreegz515

Dave "Drama" Kreegz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

Charles was on the bench in my league too. Just an fyi. Mendanhall will be back starting week5. Steelers have a bye week4. On espn only 30% own him right now.

#552 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

What's everyone's take on Beanie Wells? I feel like he's wasting a spot on my bench. It looks like he's being phase out of the offense. They list him as the starter but Ryan Williams seems to get the bulk of the carries. As dkreegz515 notes, Mendenhall comes back in week 5, should I roll the dice on that and drop Wells?

#553 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Hmm...after Kevin Smith did squat yesterday, I wonder if there's any benefits keeping him around now. Both Bell and Leshoure got some time in while Smith put up a nice goose egg in carries and catches...

#554 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

Wells and Smith aren't roster-able anymore.

#555 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

I traded Michael Turner for Fred Jackson. Okay deal? I figure Turner will get less carries as the season goes on and wanted to get some value for him now.
Posted Image

#556 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:20 AM

Chris Johnson are you fucking kidding me?

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#557 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:05 AM

I traded Michael Turner for Fred Jackson. Okay deal? I figure Turner will get less carries as the season goes on and wanted to get some value for him now.

You definitely made out on that deal. It is clear that the Falcons are a passing team now, and Turner does not make a lot of plays in the passing game. There is always the health concerns with Jackson, but if he plays, he generally puts up some numbers. The other concern, though, is how much of the workload will he split with Spiller. It seems that Spiller's injury is not as serious as they first thought.

#558 sying

sying

Speedy1961 Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

Chris Johnson are you fucking kidding me?

Where have you been the last 2 weeks? And the whole year 2011?

#559 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

I get the first pick in Waviers this week (thanks to Romo). Who should I pick up? I am thinking:

Cardinals D/ST
Tashard Choice
Jake Locker
or Matt Schaub
Posted Image

#560 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:47 AM

Where have you been the last 2 weeks? And the whole year 2011?

A lot of people chalked last year up to him not being in shape and prepared for the season after his hold out. Plus, the transition in the quarterback situation. Most were hopeful that this year would at least be decent for him.

I get the first pick in Waviers this week (thanks to Romo). Who should I pick up? I am thinking:

Cardinals D/ST
Tashard Choice
Jake Locker
or Matt Schaub

Whether or not you should invest that opportunity in the Cards D/ST really depends on what you've got there right now. Kinda surprised Schaub in available in your league. How deep is it? I would pass on Choice. Jackson should return this week, and Spiller isn't suppose to miss much time. If you're looking for a possible RB sleeper at this point, take a glance at Powell on the Jets. His part in the offense increases each week, and Greene has really been struggling.

I am considering picking up Locker in my league as my backup. Besides the fact that he has a really, really talented receiving corps, he can pick some yards up with his legs. I love that boost you get when a guy gets 30 yards on the ground.

Edited by bigdaddybruce44, 25 September 2012 - 03:00 AM.

#561 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

CJ had over 1,000 yards last year in a TERRIBLE year. I thought he'd bounce back. He's killing me.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#562 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:48 AM

Funny with all this CJ talk, somebody just offered me him for Trent Richardson.

I was hoping to get him, but for Alfred Morris instead. :razz:

card.png

#563 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:55 AM

Anyone else wittiness this SEA/GB game? This is insane

#564 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

Wow, I was up 27 points going into this game, but I was out of players, and my opponent had Rodgers and the Seahawk D/ST. I figured that either way it went down, I was probably screwed. But it worked out just perfectly. Rodgers didn't do much, but the D/ST didn't force any turnovers (did have a ton of sacks) or score any TDs. Amazing...

#565 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:44 AM

That was one wacky game and one hell of a last play.

NFL is gonna have a massive amount of heat to get the standard refs back into action.

Packers should have won but this makes things interesting with them down 1-2. Both Seattle and Arizona surprised me this past week, both teams have outstanding defenses.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#566 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:23 AM

Thanks to GB D's and Lynch not playing as well I scrapped by with 2 wins. I may have to snag Mendanhall if he's coming back. Ive got Jackson and Spiller, maybe I should try to trade Spiller now.

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#567 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

Mendanhall is a great pick-up in any league, if he's available. He will be back eventually, and Redman and Dwyer have been awful. Both of them are averaging less than 3 yards a carry.

#568 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

May give it a day to see what happens with Reggie Bush and Peyton Hillis, but I'm strongly considering dropping Hillis. Such a bum. Mark Ingram may also be on the chopping block.

card.png

#569 japaki

japaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

Tate, Hilton and Barden are on my waiver wire.. which has the best upside?

#570 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

Tate, Hilton and Barden are on my waiver wire.. which has the best upside?

I say Barden but that's contingent on nicks or Cruz missing time. Second I would say Hilton, and then Tate. I don't think any of the Seattle receivers are viable.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards