Photo
- - - - -

2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

• Please log in to reply
1766 replies to this topic

#31 gravel

gravel

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

Draft is next week and I'm still undecided on my last keeper for my team. Stuck on either Toby Gehart (also have AP on my team so really want to keep him in case AP goes down again) or Darrius Heyward Bey (showed great chemistry with Palmer towards the end of the season and according to depth charts, he's their #1).

I've already kept Brandon Lloyd and Demaryius Thomas and the league is PPR.

Heyward-Bey.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Arkham Origins
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Inazuma Eleven
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed

#32 gravel

gravel

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:58 PM

My last keeper is down to Aaron Hernandez, Legarrette Blount, (edit: Cedric Benson too) and Stevan Ridley. I'm thinking I have to go with Hernandez, but that would mean I only have 1 RB going into the draft. I think I'm over-thinking things, but my keepers are due on Saturday, and keeping another RB is tempting me. I just wish I could see more of Ridley and Blount/Martin before the draft.

Edited by gravel, 17 August 2012 - 12:12 AM.

Currently Playing
Arkham Origins

#33 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:39 AM

My last keeper is down to Aaron Hernandez, Legarrette Blount, (edit: Cedric Benson too) and Stevan Ridley. I'm thinking I have to go with Hernandez, but that would mean I only have 1 RB going into the draft. I think I'm over-thinking things, but my keepers are due on Saturday, and keeping another RB is tempting me. I just wish I could see more of Ridley and Blount/Martin before the draft.

Hernandez is an easy pick. Value over position depth, and none of those RBs are that great on paper anyway.

#34 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:43 AM

My last keeper is down to Aaron Hernandez, Legarrette Blount, (edit: Cedric Benson too) and Stevan Rudely. I'm thinking I have to go with Hernandez, but that would mean I only have 1 RB going into the draft. I think I'm over-thinking things, but my keepers are due on Saturday, and keeping another RB is tempting me. I just wish I could see more of Rudely and Blount/Martin before the draft.

Stay away from riddely, his recent fumbles and injury today in practice(unknown how serious) and his crappy pass blocking in the first pre season game are costing him the job. Vereen was getting all of the first team reps today. I like riddley, but if he is hurt or in the coaches dog house I dont want him.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#35 gravel

gravel

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

Stay away from riddely, his recent fumbles and injury today in practice(unknown how serious) and his crappy pass blocking in the first pre season game are costing him the job. Vereen was getting all of the first team reps today. I like riddley, but if he is hurt or in the coaches dog house I dont want him.

Thanks, I didn't know about the injury. Looks like it might be his hamstring. He's good from what I've seen, and he could put up a ton of points if he ends up being the starter, but so could Vereen.

Currently Playing
Arkham Origins

#36 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

I'd keep Jimmy Graham over Welker or Stafford. The value you get by getting Graham in the 12th outweighs getting Stafford in the 5th, and there are enough QBs to go around to get two solid ones in the draft. Welker, while good, would never be worth keeping over Graham with the round disparity.

Thanks - this is exactly what I did. Graham in the 12th round was just too good to pass up.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#37 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

Thanks - this is exactly what I did. Graham in the 12th round was just too good to pass up.

Ridiculous he even went that late last year.

#38 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:19 AM

Just had my first draft if people want to tell me my team sucks. Drafted 9 of 10.

QB - Drew Brees
RB - Maurice Jones Drew
RB - Trent Richardson
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Dez Bryant
WR - Reggie Wayne
TE - Aaron Hernandez
K - David Akers
DEF - Packers

B - Shonne Greene
B - CJ Spiller
B - Deangelo Williams
B - Titus Young
B - Denarius Moore
B - Jacob Tamme

I wasn't going to go for a backup TE, but he was my last round pick so figured what the hell. I see him as trade bait as I expect a good year from him. Only pick I don't like is Reggis Wayne, since that round, I had three picks before me and I had three guys on my watch list. They went back to back to back so that messed me up.

card.png

#39 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:07 AM

Just had my first draft if people want to tell me my team sucks. Drafted 9 of 10.

QB - Drew Brees
RB - Maurice Jones Drew
RB - Trent Richardson
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Dez Bryant
WR - Reggie Wayne
TE - Aaron Hernandez
K - David Akers
DEF - Packers

B - Shonne Greene
B - CJ Spiller
B - Deangelo Williams
B - Titus Young
B - Denarius Moore
B - Jacob Tamme

I wasn't going to go for a backup TE, but he was my last round pick so figured what the hell. I see him as trade bait as I expect a good year from him. Only pick I don't like is Reggis Wayne, since that round, I had three picks before me and I had three guys on my watch list. They went back to back to back so that messed me up.

Yeah, your RB and WR (mostly WR) need some improvement but its decent. 7.5/10 (but really decent for 9th pick)

#40 Duo_Maxwell

Duo_Maxwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:03 AM

QB - Drew Brees
RB - Maurice Jones Drew
RB - Trent Richardson
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Dez Bryant
WR - Reggie Wayne
TE - Aaron Hernandez
K - David Akers
DEF - Packers

B - Shonne Greene
B - CJ Spiller
B - Deangelo Williams
B - Titus Young
B - Denarius Moore
B - Jacob Tamme

Need more depth at WR, especially if you are required to start 3 and there's no flex spot. But honestly for drafting 9th you could've done a lot worse.

#41 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

Hey guys, trade question here. I'm wondering if I should Trade Rivers for Reggie Wayne and Robert Meachem. 10 team league (3rd pick).

QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- Darren McFadden
RB- DeMarco Murray
WR- Julio Jones
WR- Jeremy Maclin
TE- Fred Davis
FLEX- Doug Martin
D/ST- 49ers D/ST
K- David Akers

B- Philip Rivers
B- James Starks
B- Justin Blackmon
B- Andrew Luck
B- Donald Brown
B- Jacob Tamme
B- Greg Little
B- Packers D/ST
B- Cedric Benson

I picked Rivers in the 5th round because I thought I could start him at the FLEX. Now I'm trying to deal him, but being only a 10 team league almost everyone has a good QB so I'm going to have to sell low.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#42 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:34 AM

what qbs are available on the waiver wire?

edit, nevermind, do it. I did not see you had Luck.

#43 Duo_Maxwell

Duo_Maxwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:43 AM

Hey guys, trade question here. I'm wondering if I should Trade Rivers for Reggie Wayne and Robert Meachem. 10 team league (3rd pick).

QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- Darren McFadden
RB- DeMarco Murray
WR- Julio Jones
WR- Jeremy Maclin
TE- Fred Davis
FLEX- Doug Martin
D/ST- 49ers D/ST
K- David Akers

B- Philip Rivers
B- James Starks
B- Justin Blackmon
B- Andrew Luck
B- Donald Brown
B- Jacob Tamme
B- Greg Little
B- Packers D/ST
B- Cedric Benson

I picked Rivers in the 5th round because I thought I could start him at the FLEX. Now I'm trying to deal him, but being only a 10 team league almost everyone has a good QB so I'm going to have to sell low.

If you can't start 2 QBS I'd honestly pull the trigger on that. Let's face facts that the only week you probably won't start Rodgers is the bye week, you have Luck to fill in and Wayne would help in that regard. Plus I honestly think despite his age Reggie Wayne could come up bigger than most expect. The Colts are lining up all over the field which is way different than his 1st decade plus in the league.That could mean a big season for him or not who knows so far. Also Rivers had some games where he just fell off the rails last year and I don't know that the Chargers offense improved all that much in the off season. The question also becomes though if you take the trade who do you drop...

Edit: Another option is to include Tamme or Davis on the deal and see if you can trade into a better TE. Davis is ok, but he certainly won't have very many weeks that wow you. Tamme maybe decent but it's really too soon to tell. If you could manage to upgrade it would help you week to week.

#44 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:15 AM

Thanks guys. I just offered the trade and plan to drop the packers D. He has Vernon Davis but there is no way I would be able to get him without giving up more than rivers and thamme/Davis.

#45 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

Got a draft next Saturday its gonna be interesting

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#46 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

I have my live draft tonight, any good recommendations on sleepers? Curious if theres anybody way under the radar worth a look.

#47 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

The person declined the Wayne/Meachem for Rivers trade (someone convinced him not to do it). He still wants to trade, but he claims that is too much for Rivers (he has Schaub). Should I offer Rivers for Nate Washington and Meachem?

#48 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

The person declined the Wayne/Meachem for Rivers trade (someone convinced him not to do it). He still wants to trade, but he claims that is too much for Rivers (he has Schaub). Should I offer Rivers for Nate Washington and Meachem?

Well dude if you can start two qbs, just keep him. Cause Rivers can have a bad ass year or have one like last year. I don't like the guy cause I hate the Chargers, but he is good for fantasy football. Also, you might need him if your star RBs get hurt.

If Austin Collie or Alshon Jeffery is available, pick them up in that order and drop the Packer's def.

#49 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:10 PM

I have my live draft tonight, any good recommendations on sleepers? Curious if theres anybody way under the radar worth a look.

I'm no expert, but:

QBs
Matt Ryan (70)
Andrew Luck (115)
Robert Griffin III (76)

RBs
Donald Brown (82)
David Wilson (105)
Doug Martin (49)

WRs
Titus Young (119)
Justin Blackmon (117)
Robert Meachem (87)

(#)= average draft position

#50 gravel

gravel

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- Darren McFadden
RB- DeMarco Murray
WR- Julio Jones
WR- Jeremy Maclin
TE- Fred Davis
FLEX- Doug Martin
D/ST- 49ers D/ST
K- David Akers

B- Philip Rivers
B- James Starks
B- Justin Blackmon
B- Andrew Luck
B- Donald Brown
B- Jacob Tamme
B- Greg Little
B- Packers D/ST
B- Cedric Benson

You could also hold on to Rivers in case there is an injury, then you could get quite a bit more for him.

Currently Playing
Arkham Origins

#51 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

You could also hold on to Rivers in case there is an injury, then you could get quite a bit more for him.

Yeah, I think thats what I'm going with. Thanks!

#52 Duo_Maxwell

Duo_Maxwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:32 PM

Kyle Rudolph, he only had like 25 catches but he looked good doing it. He has the size, skill and hands to be an awesome TE & if their line can block and with them easing Peterson back, he could a big red zone target. He'd make a great backup TE I think if you have the need and his ADP is like 155 or something so you could even potentially get him in the last round (maybe even free agency if you have a small league).

#53 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:46 AM

Should I drop James Starks to pick up Alshon Jeffery?

#54 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

First pick in 12- team non PPR. Over thinking it by not just going with Foster?

#55 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

Foster went vegan in the offseason. Here come the Bill Walton injuries. :lol:

#56 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

First pick in 12- team non PPR. Over thinking it by not just going with Foster?

If you don't like Foster, pick Rice or McCoy. You can't go wrong with any of them.

#57 Duo_Maxwell

Duo_Maxwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

I like Ray Rice as a 1st overall PPR league or no, in the past 3 seasons the guy has like 5700+ yards from scrimmage and hasn't missed a full game either in that time. It's hard to overlook that kind of consistency.

#58 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:56 AM

I just finished my draft this year. It's a $75 ten person league. I drafted 10th. Points are awarded for return yards.

QB: Matthew Stafford
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Julio Jones
RB: Darren Sproles
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw
TE: Vernon Davis
WR/TE: Fred Davis
K: Matt Bryant
DEF: Eagles
D: Navorro Bowman
DB: Tyvon Branch
DL: Jason Babin

QB: RGIII
RB: Jonathan Stewart
RB: Cedric Benson
WR: Titus Young
WR: Greg Little
TE: Greg Olson
DEF: Texans
DB: Jason McCourty

Miami_13.png

Go Dolphins!

#59 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:15 AM

I just finished my draft this year. It's a $75 ten person league. I drafted 10th. Points are awarded for return yards.

QB: Matthew Stafford
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Julio Jones
RB: Darren Sproles
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw
TE: Vernon Davis
WR/TE: Fred Davis
K: Matt Bryant
DEF: Eagles
D: Navorro Bowman
DB: Tyvon Branch
DL: Jason Babin

QB: RGIII
RB: Jonathan Stewart
RB: Cedric Benson
WR: Titus Young
WR: Greg Little
TE: Greg Olson
DEF: Texans
DB: Jason McCourty

How on earth did you get both Johnsons and Stafford?

#60 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

How on earth did you get both Johnsons and Stafford?

Picking 10th; last in the first round so I had back to back picks and went Stafford-Megatron. Then AJ fell to the 30th overall pick so I snatched him up. Overall I'm very happy with my draft.

Miami_13.png

Go Dolphins!