2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

• Please log in to reply
1766 replies to this topic

#571 japaki

japaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

I say Barden but that's contingent on nicks or Cruz missing time. Second I would say Hilton, and then Tate. I don't think any of the Seattle receivers are viable.

I already got Donnie Avery, was willing to drop him for Hilton or Tate or should I just hold on to him.. fucking Garcon is killing me with this foot injury.. he should be back by now.. rg3 misses his top guy. :(

#572 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

Barden is a risk, but has a huge upside in that offense. They have been talking him up since they drafted him, but nothing has ever materialized before last Thursday. It's clear he can play, though, after a performance like that. He has likely taken the 3rd receiver spot from Hixon. Like the above poster said, his real value is tied to the health of Cruz and Nicks...and really more so Nicks. Nicks is a guy who gets hurt a lot, though.. Plus, there's a lot of targets to go around in that passing game. Last year, Manningham had over 500 yards and 4 scores as the third receiver, and he only played in 12 games.

#573 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

Is M. Lynch/Andre Johnson for D. Sproles/A.J. Green a good trade? Originally, the guy wanted Lynch/Lloyd for Sproles/Witten/M. Floyd but I'm not doing that trade.

#574 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

Is M. Lynch/Andre Johnson for D. Sproles/A.J. Green a good trade? Originally, the guy wanted Lynch/Lloyd for Sproles/Witten/M. Floyd but I'm not doing that trade.

I'd take that in a second. Especially in a PPR.

#575 Dr.Zoidberg

Dr.Zoidberg

Death by Snu-Snu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:26 PM

Hey all, I have a tough game coming up and not sure what to do. My opponent is already projected to score like 160 and me like 120 so I have a couple of options to change it up.

Options:
Antonio Gates (SD) vs KC (projected 13 pnts)
Or
Marcellus Bennett (NYG) vs Philly (projected 9 pnts)

Also, possible trade with a co-worker. He needs a tight end so I could give him Gates or Bennett and maybe Mikel LaShoure for his players of Adrian Peterson and some throw in WR like Brandon LaFell. We are a 2 wr/1 rb/1 te and two flex wr/rb league and my wr are Calvin Johson and Julio Jones and rb is Trent Richardson and my flex has been Isaac Redmon (now will be Mikel) and Lance Moore so I don't HAVE to have Peterson but my co-worker is 0-3 and is looking to make some changes just for the heck of it. Trade or just sit and play with what I have? Only my 2nd year playing ff so still new to it all. Thx.
Sheriff Lucas Buck: Conscience is just the fear of getting caught.

Tyler Durden: We have jobs we dont like to buy sh!t we don't need

#576 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:02 AM

Hey all, I have a tough game coming up and not sure what to do. My opponent is already projected to score like 160 and me like 120 so I have a couple of options to change it up.

Options:
Antonio Gates (SD) vs KC (projected 13 pnts)
Or
Marcellus Bennett (NYG) vs Philly (projected 9 pnts)

Also, possible trade with a co-worker. He needs a tight end so I could give him Gates or Bennett and maybe Mikel LaShoure for his players of Adrian Peterson and some throw in WR like Brandon LaFell. We are a 2 wr/1 rb/1 te and two flex wr/rb league and my wr are Calvin Johson and Julio Jones and rb is Trent Richardson and my flex has been Isaac Redmon (now will be Mikel) and Lance Moore so I don't HAVE to have Peterson but my co-worker is 0-3 and is looking to make some changes just for the heck of it. Trade or just sit and play with what I have? Only my 2nd year playing ff so still new to it all. Thx.

Is Gates still gimpy? I like Bennett of the two. Eli seems to be targeting him more and more.

I think if you could flip Gates for an upgrade in another position I would do it all day. He's not nearly the same player he used to be.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#577 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:06 AM

Man, I have no clue what QB to play this week. Both of them (Romo & Vick) took a complete crap on me last week. Vick I expected against AZ but Romo was supposed to light it up at home against TB.

I'm going to try and nab Dalton off waivers but I'm at the bottom of the priority list. If I don't get him then I may go for Carson Palmer.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#578 Dr.Zoidberg

Dr.Zoidberg

Death by Snu-Snu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:37 AM

I think Vick will do better than Romo this week based on who they are playing.
Sheriff Lucas Buck: Conscience is just the fear of getting caught.

Tyler Durden: We have jobs we dont like to buy sh!t we don't need

#579 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:46 AM

Guy in my league lost cuz the packers DST "gave up" a touchdown
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#580 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

Start Andre Brown or Brandon Lloyd?

#581 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:15 AM

Not to be a dick, but if you are asking this question, delete your fantasy team.

#582 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:21 AM

Brown all the way

#583 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:59 AM

i benched lloyd for gonzo this week for my flex. May reconsider, Lloyds #s are semi deceiving, lead team in targets each week just not TDs.
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#584 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

Brown all the way

Must delete yours too

#585 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

Guy in my league lost cuz the packers DST "gave up" a touchdown

Same thing happened to me. Lost by 2 points.

#586 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

Must delete yours too

Why is this? Brown is facing a mediocre run defense against a QB who's been turning the ball over all the time. He'll be turning it over even more with his crap Oling and NYG really good Dline. Manning will be throwing the ball the first bit a lot. But will eventually get the lead. After that, they'll be running the ball a lot more. Having the NYG WR's really opens up a lot of running room for a RB. I'd even consider Brown a flex spot if Bradshaw is going to return.

The thought process for Lyod? He's going against a decent DEF with a good Dline and has a QB who's going to be spreading the ball around like crazy. Atleast with Brown if they're going to run the ball, he's going to get the touch. If NE is going to pass the ball it MIGHT go to Loyd.

With the way Vick and his Oline is playing, this just screams to start Brown.

#587 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

Maybe cause Ahmad Bradshaw will be back and that Lloyd leads the league in targets and Brady has JUST missed him about three times for long TD catches.

If Bradshaw weren't playing it might be somewhat debatable.

#588 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

So they're giving points for "just missed long TD catches" now?

Andre Brown had more points last week than Lloyd has scored all season.

#589 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

So they're giving points for "just missed long TD catches" now?

Andre Brown had more points last week than Lloyd has scored all season.

Do you understand fantasy football is about volume? It's all about touches and targets.

If you asked me last week, it's Brown all day. His touches now just got cut in half, or more. Meanwhile Lloyd has the most targets in the league!

and yes getting close to big strikes matters. The chemistry between them is almost on point.

You guys should all start Brown though. He's an absolute beast.

#590 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

Hm...trying to decide between Brady vs Buff, or Ryan vs Car.

Don't think I can go wrong with either choice, but....

#591 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

I may actually start Brown AND Bradshaw. I have to start 3RBs out of this hot mess:

A. Bradshaw (@PHI)
A. Brown (@PHI)
CJ2K (@HOU)
S. Ridley (@BUF) (WTF Patriots?)

Need Forte to come back. Grrr....

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#592 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

I hear ya Jav. Forte and Nicks being out last week killed me. Thankfully Hakeem the Dream is back. Just need Forte. Wouldn't be surprised if he sits til week 7 after the bye.

#593 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

Thoughts on any of this?

Should I start Floyd at WR or replace him with Desean Jackson/Crabtree?

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#594 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

Do you understand fantasy football is about volume? It's all about touches and targets.

If you asked me last week, it's Brown all day. His touches now just got cut in half, or more. Meanwhile Lloyd has the most targets in the league!

and yes getting close to big strikes matters. The chemistry between them is almost on point.

Exactly. Lloyd has 33 targets already this year, including 25 the last two weeks. Him and Brady just need to get on the same page. They just missed on a big gains a number of times. That's the product of not being familiar with each other. That will work itself out as the season rolls along.

Brown, on the other hand, is gonna split carries in an offense that primarily throws the ball. Bradshaw is already back this Sunday and is gonna get the start. Even if he struggles and loses the starting job to Brown, he is still gonna be part of the offense. Generally, there just isn't that many touches for running backs in that offense.

#595 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

I just got this trade proposal: Andre Johnson/Andre Brown for Julio Jones. Thoughts?

lol...just read the posts and seems there's no middle ground for Andre Brown.

#596 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

I just got this trade proposal: Andre Johnson/Andre Brown for Julio Jones. Thoughts?

lol...just read the posts and seems there's no middle ground for Andre Brown.

Hit accept before they change their mind.

Also Chris "Garbage" Wells not eligible to play the next 8 weeks. Not that Ryan Williams has looked amazing

#597 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

Hmmm.... With YahooSports reporting that it's 100% that Bradshaw will be back for the Philly game. As all of my reasoning was based on Brown being the starter, go with Loyd. Brown is a lowend flex option now until Bradshaw gets hurt again.

#598 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

I tried to accept that trade but an error came up about the Buffalo Bills not being on the other guys roster. I had to make the trade offer again so now I got to wait to for his response. My first trade this season and it goes wonky.

And yea, B. Wells is garage. I'd already drop him for Mendenhall (hopes he recovered well).

#599 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:12 PM

Hmmm.... With YahooSports reporting that it's 100% that Bradshaw will be back for the Philly game. As all of my reasoning was based on Brown being the starter, go with Loyd. Brown is a lowend flex option now until Bradshaw gets hurt again.

Already did that and Brown was always a flex option for me.

#600 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:28 AM

My lineup this week in a non-ppr league:
QB D. Brees
WR D. Bowe
WR G. Jennings
RB AP
RB C. Benson
K J. Tucker
DEF Baltimore

I need TE and my flex person.
The follow options are available:
RB
F. Jackson vs NE
A. Brown vs PHIL

WR
L. Robinson vs Cin
DHB vs Den

TE
A. Gates vs KC
J. Cook vs Hou

Waiver includes:
RB
S. Draughn vs SD
P. Thomas vs GB
D. Woodhead vs Buf
L. Ball vs Oak

WR
A. Jeffrey vs DAL
J. Jones vs NO
L. Hankerson vs TB

TE
G. Olsen vs ATL
S. Chandler vs NE
F. Davis vs TB

I'm thinking A. Gates (however, after the last two weeks benching Gates is very tempting) and F. Jackson at the flex (if he plays).
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image