Photo
- - - - -

2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

• Please log in to reply
1766 replies to this topic

#661 _Ph03n1x_

_Ph03n1x_

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

At the very least, Mathews got you something as the Chargers were trying to run the clock out. Up until the middle of the 4th, he had gotten me 1 point lol. Apparently, the Chargers were quite serious about him losing the starting gig over his inability to hold onto the ball. It doesn't help that Battle rewarded them by getting into the endzone twice. Hopefully, that situation will work itself out in our favor, but Mathews has quickly gone from a must-start to a wait-and-see situation, especially if Battle is gonna get the touches in the redzone...

It's gonna be rough waiting to see what happens to Matthews from here on out. Luckily, I'm ok on the RB front for now but I still want Matthews back as a starter ASAP. I would think by either, next week or the week after, he'll be their main guy again.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#662 japaki

japaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

i need murray, romo and ware to score 46 pts lol in a standard ppr league

#663 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

It's gonna be rough waiting to see what happens to Matthews from here on out. Luckily, I'm ok on the RB front for now but I still want Matthews back as a starter ASAP. I would think by either, next week or the week after, he'll be their main guy again.

Yeah, my bench is not very solid (Michael Bush is my 3rd back), so I really need for Mathews to solidify himself as the starter once again. I don't regret taking him. There were not many good starting running backs on the board in my league, but this is definitely getting frustrating.

#664 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:31 AM

Once again my team has failed to produce. I need Vick to go completely ass ape tonight. Any chance he might go 400 yards and 4 TDs?:pray::pray::pray:
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#665 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

guess who had brian hartline on the bench...where he sits there with 51 POINTS!

edit: My bench has three guys on it who played today...for a total of 108 points. I hate my fantasy football life right now.

FAWK!

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#666 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

Once again my team has failed to produce. I need Vick to go completely ass ape tonight. Any chance he might go 400 yards and 4 TDs?:pray::pray::pray:

Hey, the Giants gave up 250 yards and 2 scores to Josh Freeman, so anything is possible against them...

#667 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

I was just offered Demarco Murray for Chris Johnson. I'm ready to pull the trigger but just checking around to make sure Murray doesn't have some injury or some reason why I wouldn't want to take him. Any reason why I shouldn't pull the trigger?

#668 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

I would definitely take it. Johnson finally had a great game today, but that Titans offense is very inconsistent, so he might not always have the opportunity to have a good game.

#669 MoonSpoon

MoonSpoon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

Murray hasn't been putting up great numbers. I think it is mainly because of the defenses they have been playing, but the Cowboys O-line isn't that great which does not help. Still, I like Murray a lot, so I'd probably take the deal.

#670 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

True. Now, he did have a big game against the Giants, but a lot of that came on a freaky run where the Giants should've had him in the backfield. He's put up two duds since.

#671 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

CJ has had 3 out 4 duds much worse. I'd like to wait till after the game but afraid he will cancel the trade if Murray does well. I haven't seen any Titans games live to get a real idea of the troubles with CJ.

#672 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:15 AM

What the hell is up with Andre Brown? All I need is 2.56 points to tie.

Miami_13.png

Go Dolphins!

#673 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

This was definitely my concern with Brown, which is why I refrained from bidding too much on him in my league. Coughlin tends to give starters their jobs back when they return from injury, no matter what they were doing previously and/or what the replacement did. Definitely disappointed to see him only get 5 carries tonight.

#674 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

This was definitely my concern with Brown, which is why I refrained from bidding too much on him in my league. Coughlin tends to give starters their jobs back when they return from injury, no matter what they were doing previously and/or what the replacement did. Definitely disappointed to see him only get 5 carries tonight.

Yeah I really expected more. I now trail by 3.34 points with K Dan Bailey tomorrow night.

Miami_13.png

Go Dolphins!

#675 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

The Patriots offense blows up and of course they just happen to play my defense next week. Now I got to drop the Broncos for a better matchup. And Julio Jones, you almost sunk my team. Just how bad is the cut on his hand?

#676 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:36 AM

Lost 116-110.

I played against Michael Turner and Ridley, who both will not top their totals from today ever again.

Also I am gonna find and beat the poop out of Norv Turner!! Maybe he should his nasty skin condition fixed and that will let oxygen to smart part of his brain. Why would Mathews not be playing till the 4th quarter!?!!?!?!
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#677 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

Have already won in 2 of my leagues, and in the 3rd I'm down 12 with Miles Austin and the Chicago D up tonight, so pretty good chance there. I had Roddy White in 1 league against Julio Jones...good times :D

#678 Mr. Dza

Mr. Dza

Paid the cost...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

I'm up by 0.2 points with only the Bears Def to play tonight. My opponent has no more players left. Would it be a dick move to bench them for the night and start no defense given that Defense can get you negative points?

#679 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

Why do the Fantasy Football gods hate me so much this year?

Demaryous Thomas is headed for the endzone and just drops the ball while trying to switch hands. BJGE has no fumbles in his entire career but coughs the ball up twice in the last two weeks. And of course Welker can't find the endzone but he decides to join the party and put one on the carpet. And of course my opponent had the Texans D who decided to run back two pick sixes! Man this season has been so aggravating so far! :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

Unless by some miracle Witten outscores Marshall & Bryant by at least 10 pts I'm headed for (1-3)

#680 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

I'm up by 0.2 points with only the Bears Def to play tonight. My opponent has no more players left. Would it be a dick move to bench them for the night and start no defense given that Defense can get you negative points?

No. I had a team in my league do that during the superbowl. He was up by a couple points and didn't want to take the chance of going negative.
It's like taking a knee at the end of the game to seal a win.

#681 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

A stat correction could put you a fraction of a point behind.

Something to consider.
Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

#682 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

Holy shit I killed it this week. I'm up by 46.74 and my opponent has Romo tonight but that should be a pretty safe lead. Brady and Fitzpatrick got me 75 points combined - add in Ridley and I got 100 points from that one game. Sick. I was hoping to top 200 points but Andre Brown didn't do anything last night. I'm going to 4-0!

Traditionally a 7-7 record will at least involve you in the tiebreakers for the last playoff spot but nothing is guaranteed. Last year 4 teams finished 7-7 and only 1 made it in. The year before I started 6-1 and lost out (6-8 final record and then I lost both "consolation" games).

Also, nothing wrong with taking the knee and not playing someone on Monday. You can bet your ass if some stud going on Monday night was questionable and then was declared the starter right before kickoff that your opponent would be subbing him in. Why? TO WIN. THE GAME!

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#683 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

Traditionally a 7-7 record will at least involve you in the tiebreakers for the last playoff spot but nothing is guaranteed. Last year 4 teams finished 7-7 and only 1 made it in. The year before I started 6-1 and lost out (6-8 final record and then I lost both "consolation" games).

I started last year 4-0, struggled the rest of the season, and finished 6-7. Slipped into the playoffs thanks to the tie-breakers.

#684 rhymenoceros

rhymenoceros

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Luckily still in the lead, despite a couple clunkers from Megatron, Julio Jones, Vernon Davis and Fred Jackson. Thankfully, Brees, Lynch, Gore, Greg the Leg and HOU D decided to go all out. Thank goodness. Opponent has DeMarco Murray left to bridge a 29 point gap...I think I'm safe, but you just never know.

#685 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

Luckily still in the lead, despite a couple clunkers from Megatron, Julio Jones, Vernon Davis and Fred Jackson. Thankfully, Brees, Lynch, Gore, Greg the Leg and HOU D decided to go all out. Thank goodness. Opponent has DeMarco Murray left to bridge a 29 point gap...I think I'm safe, but you just never know.

As a Cowboys fan I am hoping Murray gets out of his slump lately, but I don't think he will put up 29 fantasy points.

#686 rhymenoceros

rhymenoceros

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

As a Cowboys fan I am hoping Murray gets out of his slump lately, but I don't think he will put up 29 fantasy points.

I wouldn't say he's in too much of a slump. He's run into some stiff rush D and made a decent go of it. I am a bit sad I missed out on drafting him. His upcoming schedule does seem a little tough though, but still a fan from last season. Picked him up off waivers just before he started going run crazy when Felix Jones went down.

#687 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

McCoy/Victor Cruz did decently I still lost by 4 pts,but combined they had 30 pts

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#688 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

Just traded Gonzalez for Mendy and Mcgahee. It was with a buddy however, I feel like I won
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#689 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

Who should I start next week?

Matt Schaub @ NYJ
or Kevin Kolb @STL

Also, do you think I should start Fred Jackson next week or should I try and find someone else to fill his spot. Thanks as always.
Posted Image

#690 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

Just traded Gonzalez for Mendy and Mcgahee. It was with a buddy however, I feel like I won

uh, yeah. by a long shot.

Who should I start next week?

Matt Schaub @ NYJ
or Kevin Kolb @STL

Also, do you think I should start Fred Jackson next week or should I try and find someone else to fill his spot. Thanks as always.

Is this even a question? Schaub. NYJ are terrible.

Re: Fred Jackson -- What are your options?