2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

• Please log in to reply
1766 replies to this topic

#811 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

I'm getting killed. I started Fitzpatrick over Alex Smith and CJ (who I think I'm just going to drop at this point) over Ridley. My opponent has Brees. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#812 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

my season's finally getting in gear, dominated my 3 leagues this week.

#813 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

Looks like another W this week and my defense, the Texans, hasn't even played yet. Drew Brees and Percy Harvin came through big. Harvin has been EXTREMELY consistent, getting me double digit points every week so far.

#814 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

:censored: Maybe, I should stop doubting Jared Cook. He has been doing much better than Gates and just rots on my bench, while I curse Gate's name!

Hell if I had Gates I would have started him too. I have Witten & Cook. I was forced to use Cook as a bye week fill in. I thought he was going to give me a big ol' goose egg then he caught a TD in the 4th quarter. I read something this morning that said Hasselbeck regretted not targeting Cook more in the game.

Yeah, no kidding jackass! I regret it too... :)
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#815 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

I traded Gonzalez, while Graham has been crap for me.....stupid me!!
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#816 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

It'll pan out over time.

#817 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

I have Gonzalez on my bench and I've been starting Graham. Frustrating.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#818 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

Some guy in my league is frustrated and pissed at his team. He said he'll look at trade offers. I need a RB. After tonight I'm going to offer him RGIII and Darren Sproles for Arian Foster. Besides yesterday where RGIII cost me my game he's averaged over 100 points per week. Sproles is averaging 30 a week. Foster is averaging 50-65 a week. He has 2 shitty QB's.

#819 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

Sure do love playing against Rodgers, Harvin and Colston. Almost 90 point between the three of them.

#820 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

Hell if I had Gates I would have started him too. I have Witten & Cook. I was forced to use Cook as a bye week fill in. I thought he was going to give me a big ol' goose egg then he caught a TD in the 4th quarter. I read something this morning that said Hasselbeck regretted not targeting Cook more in the game.

Yeah, no kidding jackass! I regret it too... :)

Oh man you're pretty much in a similar situation to me. I mean Witten and Gates are normally top guys. This year however they have been pretty meh. I think next week I will start Cook and then you just know Gates will have like three tds. :lol:

I also have Owne Daniels, which came up huge for me in the flex spot last week. It looks like he is doing it again tonight, this time on my bench. Gah!

Edited by evildeadjedi, 09 October 2012 - 01:36 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#821 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

Guy in my dynasty league just made Brees and DeMarco Murray available. Tempted to go after both, but would likely have to part with Trent Richardson (my only decent RB next to Mendenhall / BGE) and/or Victor Cruz. It's a TD heavy league which is what makes me very hesitant to trade T-Rich. Dude just seems to find pay dirt at least once a week.

#822 sying

sying

Speedy1961 Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:55 AM

Guy in my dynasty league just made Brees and DeMarco Murray available. Tempted to go after both, but would likely have to part with Trent Richardson (my only decent RB next to Mendenhall / BGE) and/or Victor Cruz. It's a TD heavy league which is what makes me very hesitant to trade T-Rich. Dude just seems to find pay dirt at least once a week.

But Brees is always good for paydirt too,most of the time multiple tds

#823 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:28 AM

But Brees is always good for paydirt too,most of the time multiple tds

He might be in a league where passing TDs carry less weight, though.

EDIT: Foster with his highest game of the season so far, and yet, it still feels like he's waiting to bust out lol. The guy's an incredible talent.

Edited by bigdaddybruce44, 09 October 2012 - 03:58 AM.

#824 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

Oh man you're pretty much in a similar situation to me. I mean Witten and Gates are normally top guys. This year however they have been pretty meh. I think next week I will start Cook and then you just know Gates will have like three tds. :lol:

I also have Owne Daniels, which came up huge for me in the flex spot last week. It looks like he is doing it again tonight, this time on my bench. Gah!

Owen Daniels is pissing me off this year. I had him last year and Dressen vultures all of his TD's. This season he's tearing it up and all of the FF sources said to avoid him b/c he wasn' a big part of the game plan anymore.

#825 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

HAHA, join the club. Had Daniels last year and avoided him like the plague in this year's draft, as he fell further and further. He's already matched his TD total from last year and has nearly half of his yardage total.

#826 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

Someone offered me Steven Jackson for Andre Johnson. I'm just worried about S Jax getting injured badly. I guess you could say the same about AJ though.

#827 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

HAHA, join the club. Had Daniels last year and avoided him like the plague in this year's draft, as he fell further and further. He's already matched his TD total from last year and has nearly half of his yardage total.

Yep, I did the exact same thing. In my draft Daniels fell all the way down to the 13th round. I also tried to avoid Vick but unfortunately he fell to the point where I couldn't pass on him any longer.

Someone offered me Steven Jackson for Andre Johnson. I'm just worried about S Jax getting injured badly. I guess you could say the same about AJ though.

If you make that deal I'd just be sure you have room on your roster to hold SJAX's backup as insurance.

#828 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

I know Johnson's had a pretty ho-hum season so far, but keep in mind that Houston has been limiting his snaps. He may very well be inline for a huge second half of the season, especially if teams have to start stacking the box to stop Foster. Unless SJax is a big upgrade over whoever you're looking to slide out for him, I might consider holding onto Johnson.

#829 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

I know Johnson's had a pretty ho-hum season so far, but keep in mind that Houston has been limiting his snaps. He may very well be inline for a huge second half of the season, especially if teams have to start stacking the box to stop Foster. Unless SJax is a big upgrade over whoever you're looking to slide out for him, I might consider holding onto Johnson.

All good points. I had Benson and Ryan Williams whom I both had to drop today leaving me with only A.Bradshaw and Sproles at RB. I'm thinking of also offering RGIII for Ryan Matthews to another guy.

#830 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

Jordy Nelson or Brandon Lloyd or Mario Manningham?

If I can get him off waivers, I'm leaning towards Manningham. Nelson and Lloyd have been busts for me so far. They look more like decoys than offensive threats in their offense.

#831 Stevesbored

Stevesbored

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

Jordy Nelson or Brandon Lloyd or Mario Manningham?

If I can get him off waivers, I'm leaning towards Manningham. Nelson and Lloyd have been busts for me so far. They look more like decoys than offensive threats in their offense.

Nelson and Lloyd both have bad matchups, but I would stick with Nelson. The Packers have no threat of a running game without Benson so Nelson should get plenty of targets.
Fear the Turtle!

#832 Stevesbored

Stevesbored

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

I'm sifting through the junk in the waiver wire for a QB to start this week. My options:
Fitzpatrick vs. Cardinals (currently owned)
Freeman vs. Chiefs
Ponder vs. Redskins
Kolb vs. Bills
Palmer vs. Falcons

Should I stick with Fitz or look elsewhere?
Fear the Turtle!

#833 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

I'd pick up Kolb.

#834 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

I'd pick up Kolb.

I like Ponder myself

#835 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:59 AM

Quick side note; I am gonna poke scott rolen in the eyes with screwdrivers
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#836 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

I'd go with Ponder, as well. He's having a pretty decent throwing year, and he's likely to get some yardage on the ground, as well. RG3 is expect to practice tomorrow, but with the NFL's strict concussion guidelines, there is still a chance he doesn't play. If he doesn't, Minny might end up having a lot of chances on offense.

#837 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

Pick 3 (WR):

Percy Harvin vs Was
Reggie Wayne vs NYJ
Dwayne Bowe vs TB
Antonio Brown vs Ten
Brandon Lloyd vs Sea

I currently am doing Percy Harvin, Reggie Wayne, and Dwayne Bowe but contemplating sitting Bowe out for Brown since Brady Quinn will be the QB in KC. But then again they are playing TB who has given up a crazy amount of passing yards in prev games.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#838 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

Snagged Cook, Im gone in the UK right now for vacation and I won big in both leagues.

So WR wise do I go with Welker/DeSean/Johnson or do I possibly play Floyd who had a good game last week or maybe Crabtree/James Jones

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#839 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

So, in one of my leagues I'm 0-5 with a decent roster due to too much mediocrity and not enough studs. What are some good players for me to target in two for one deals to strengthen my starting roster, assuming that I have two players strong enough to get them?

10 team, auction standard scoring (starters in bold):

QB: Cam Newton, Phillip Rivers
WR: Reggie Wayne, Eric Decker, Antonio Brown, Brandon Lloyd, Justin Blackmon
RB: Willis McGahee, DeMarco Murray,Doug Martin, Darren Sproles
TE: Aaron Hernandez, Martellus Bennett
K: Jason Hanson
DEF: San Francisco

It's a public league, so WW talent is decent, albeit not spectacular.

#840 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

I like Ponder myself

Same here. Kolb has put up some decent numbers lately but he's constantly under pressure. St. Louis sacked the crap out of him last week. If my choice was between those two I would go Ponder.

Man, which frickin' QB do I start this week? None of them are reliable:

Romo @ Baltimore
Vick vs. Detroit
Dalton @ Cleveland

Vick has the best matchup but the guy is such a fucking turnover machine! Same with Romo, he's had one good game so far this year. I thought Dalton would be the answer but he crapped out vs. Miami last week.