2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

• Please log in to reply
1766 replies to this topic

#871 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

Sproles is on a bye week. I'm thinking doing Vick Ballard whose replacing Donald Brown.

I'm also hurting because Sproles is on a bye. I'm going to have to roll with BJGE even though he's done nothing for most of the season.

Week #8 is going kick my ass royally. Foster, Tate, & BJGE are all on bye. That week I'll have to start Sproles & for the moment Alex Green, the only other back on my roster.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#872 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

Chris Johnson (tonight) against the Steelers D (without Polamalu)

OR

Dwayne Bowe against Tampa Bay (without Cassell)???

Ugh. I hate bye weeks because I could really use Forte this week.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#873 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Chris Johnson (tonight) against the Steelers D (without Polamalu)

OR

Dwayne Bowe against Tampa Bay (without Cassell)???

Ugh. I hate bye weeks because I could really use Forte this week.

Well Brady Quinn might be able to do a better job of getting the ball downfield to Bowe on deep routes. That's tough but I'd lean towards Bowe. At least Bowe has the running game and Jamaal Charles to loosen things up. Pittsburgh will probably stack the line against the run and force Hasselbeck to throw the ball (and probably turn it over).

#874 rhymenoceros

rhymenoceros

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

I'm starting Britt over Mathews at my flex only because of this tweet. It tickled me.

#875 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

What do your RB look like? Richardson is making a case as a bonafide top 10 RB (especially in PPR). I'd take it and struggle a little at WR (scout the waiver wire/maybe move some RB for WR, even Richardson himself?) depending on who you have at RB.

I don't like Fitz all that much due to his crappy QB situation. Andre Roberts is getting more looks in that offense due to Fitz getting ganged up on.

qb matt ryan, andrew luck
rb darren mcfadden, ryan matthews, vick ballard, alex green, cedric benson
wr larry fitzgerald, hakeem nicks, vincent jackson, brian hartline
te fred davis, brent celek
k akers
def new england

The league format is QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR/R/T, TE, K, DEF

Would Fitgerald for Richardson help my team substantially? Not much WR on the waivers to pickup anyone.

#876 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

Bowe or Antonio Brown?

Bowe has more upside but also a little riskier since Quinn is the QB.

You guys think the Steelers are going to pound the Titans in the WR dept?

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#877 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

Joe Flacco or Michael Vick?

#878 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:00 AM

So, how likely will Morris stay at RB and would he be a good trade for Willis McGahee. My other backs are are Trent Richardson and Jackie Battle. Shanahans backs messed me up last year, so Im weary of trading McGahee for another Redskins back.

#879 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

qb matt ryan, andrew luck
rb darren mcfadden, ryan matthews, vick ballard, alex green, cedric benson
wr larry fitzgerald, hakeem nicks, vincent jackson, brian hartline
te fred davis, brent celek
k akers
def new england

The league format is QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR/R/T, TE, K, DEF

Would Fitgerald for Richardson help my team substantially? Not much WR on the waivers to pickup anyone.

Lol, guy backed out of trade.... guess I will play out the season with fitz.

#880 sying

sying

Speedy1961 Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

So, how likely will Morris stay at RB and would he be a good trade for Willis McGahee. My other backs are are Trent Richardson and Jackie Battle. Shanahans backs messed me up last year, so Im weary of trading McGahee for another Redskins back.

McGahee is more featued but Denver may abandon the run when the get outscored. If your league awards yards or ppr then he is your guy. Morris is more consistent but he has to contend with RG3 runnong, which I think he will do less of now.

#881 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:00 AM

I think Morris is a good play the rest of the year, I like him quite a bit and wouldnt take any of the deals offered for him in the last couple pages

#882 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

Can't decide between andrew luck and alex smith. Colts will be throwing even more with Brown out of the line up, but smith is facing that easy giants secondary.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#883 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

Should I go with either of the 2 QBs I have: Eli vs SF or Vick vs DET or pick up one of the following:

Luck vs NYJ
Smith vs NYG
Romo vs BAL
Kolb vs BUF

Anybody?

#884 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

Go with Eli.

#885 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Anybody?

I'd start Luck.

I'm going to keep Andre Johnson for this week and if he doesn't do anything Sunday night I'm trading him. I've had Doug Martin, Mikel LeShoure, and Steven Jackson offered for him so far. I'll stick with Vick Ballard this week.

Edited by Miami_13, 12 October 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#886 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

So Thursday night's game didn't make things any easier. Still trying to decide on if I should trade Alfred Morris for Chris Johnson.

card.png

#887 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

So Thursday night's game didn't make things any easier. Still trying to decide on if I should trade Alfred Morris for Chris Johnson.

I wouldn't unless you really feel like CJ2K is going to blow up from here going forward. What's CJ's schedule look like from here on out?

#888 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

No way. Alfred Morris is tearing up the Big Board Yahoo Fantasy Rankings. Check it out.

Morris is #19 OVERALL and CJ isn't even on the list.

Another rankings list has Morris at 14th best RB and CJ at 27th.

#889 Collectorguy00

Collectorguy00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

Yea, no way you trade Morris for CJ! CJ MIGHT have a couple more decent games but Morris is by far the better back and will have solid points the rest of the year.
Posted ImagePosted Image
"I'd rather Rashad win because he got a big mouth and I don't like the fact that he play with his nipples right before he go and fight another man, that's gay!" Rampage Jackson on Evans vs Machida

#890 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:36 AM

Who should I start?

Matt Schaub @ Packers
Tony Romo @ Ravens
Christian Ponder @ Redskins

49ers D/ST @ Giants
Redskins D/ST @ Vikings
Posted Image

#891 Dr.Zoidberg

Dr.Zoidberg

Death by Snu-Snu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:47 AM

My TE position has been crap all year. Started with Gates, didn't do crap, picked up Bennett from the Giants off waivers but as soon as I do, he doesn't do anything one week and gets hurt the next. I traded away Gates and picked up Keller for the Jets since I heard he was coming back and they are expecting him to do well but now I read he is iffy. Should I just pick someone off waivers to get me 5-6 pnts or wait and see if Keller starts?

P.s. someone sent me a trade offer for my Calvin Johnson for Tony Gonzales and Lesean Jackson. Should I pull the trigger? Thx.
Sheriff Lucas Buck: Conscience is just the fear of getting caught.

Tyler Durden: We have jobs we dont like to buy sh!t we don't need

#892 Dr.Zoidberg

Dr.Zoidberg

Death by Snu-Snu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

Who should I start?

Matt Schaub @ Packers
Tony Romo @ Ravens
Christian Ponder @ Redskins

49ers D/ST @ Giants
Redskins D/ST @ Vikings

Not a great answer but Schaub or Romo and flip a coin on the D's.
Sheriff Lucas Buck: Conscience is just the fear of getting caught.

Tyler Durden: We have jobs we dont like to buy sh!t we don't need

#893 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:11 AM

No way. Alfred Morris is tearing up the Big Board Yahoo Fantasy Rankings. Check it out.

Morris is #19 OVERALL and CJ isn't even on the list.

Another rankings list has Morris at 14th best RB and CJ at 27th.

Yea, no way you trade Morris for CJ! CJ MIGHT have a couple more decent games but Morris is by far the better back and will have solid points the rest of the year.

I wouldn't unless you really feel like CJ2K is going to blow up from here going forward. What's CJ's schedule look like from here on out?

I'm probably just overthinking on Morris then. CJ has risk, but I guess it depends on if Morris will keep the job.

We're still in talks though, and now I'm trying to debate on who I'd rather give up between MJD or Trent Richardson. PPR league. My choice of one of them + a junk WR (my worst one being James Jones), for Chris Johnson and my choice of either Hakeem Nicks or Greg Jennings.

I can afford the hit at RB also owning Spiller (it'd be nice if he went back to tearing it up), but I have no depth at WR. Dez Bryant is my 3rd best (behind Julio Jones / Reggie Wayne). Also have Kenny Britt. Anybody else I own is really bye week fill ins right now.

card.png

#894 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

I'm probably just overthinking on Morris then. CJ has risk, but I guess it depends on if Morris will keep the job.

We're still in talks though, and now I'm trying to debate on who I'd rather give up between MJD or Trent Richardson. PPR league. My choice of one of them + a junk WR (my worst one being James Jones), for Chris Johnson and my choice of either Hakeem Nicks or Greg Jennings.

I can afford the hit at RB also owning Spiller (it'd be nice if he went back to tearing it up), but I have no depth at WR. Dez Bryant is my 3rd best (behind Julio Jones / Reggie Wayne). Also have Kenny Britt. Anybody else I own is really bye week fill ins right now.

Your WR are fine considering your team as a whole. You are overthinking it, and the other guy is trying to milk you for it. Chris Johnson is garbage (WAY too inconsistent), and Jennings has not been playing at all -- and neither has Nicks -- I should know, I traded for him in TWO leagues. :(

Julio Jones and Reggie Wayne may not be the most attractive, but they are producing well and they are at least on the field -- more than you can say for Jennings/Nicks.

Stick with your healthy horses, they will take you to the promised land.

#895 sying

sying

Speedy1961 Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

Pitta @ KC
OR
Chandler @ Ari

Then my next choice at WR
Hartline @ StL
OR
Torrey Smith @ Dal?

#896 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

WR question of the week, Should I start Welker? His status for sunday is unknown. I could drop in James Jones or Crabtree.

I've got a bye week for RBs which means I've got going with Jackson while MJD/Forte hang out on the bench. Should I dump Starks in favor of either Hunter/Tate/Shonn Greene? Green seems the best option to cover for the bye week.

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#897 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

WR question of the week, Should I start Welker? His status for sunday is unknown. I could drop in James Jones or Crabtree.

I've got a bye week for RBs which means I've got going with Jackson while MJD/Forte hang out on the bench. Should I dump Starks in favor of either Hunter/Tate/Shonn Greene? Green seems the best option to cover for the bye week.

According to my site (fleaflicker.com) it says that despite his "questionable" status he's fully expected to play Sunday and they expect him to receive a lot of snaps in the slot. I would check his status on Sunday morning and keep Jones/Crabtree on standby. Of the two if Welker can't go I'd probably play Jones although Crabby has the better defensive matchup.

Shonn Greene will receive the most snaps. The other two are high risk/reward since there's no telling how much work they'll get. Tate has had one good week and that's it. He's scored 24 fantasy point all year, 21 of which came in week #2 against Jacksonville when he stole two touchdowns from my man Arian Foster:bomb::bomb:

#898 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

Someone offered me

Willis McGahee
Randal Cobb

for

Calvin Johnson
Kenny Britt

#899 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Thanks, I snagged Greene and I'll keep an eye on Welker

According to my site (fleaflicker.com) it says that despite his "questionable" status he's fully expected to play Sunday and they expect him to receive a lot of snaps in the slot. I would check his status on Sunday morning and keep Jones/Crabtree on standby. Of the two if Welker can't go I'd probably play Jones although Crabby has the better defensive matchup.

Shonn Greene will receive the most snaps. The other two are high risk/reward since there's no telling how much work they'll get. Tate has had one good week and that's it. He's scored 24 fantasy point all year, 21 of which came in week #2 against Jacksonville when he stole two touchdowns from my man Arian Foster:bomb::bomb:

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#900 japaki

japaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Alex Smith or Tony romo?