2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

• Please log in to reply
1766 replies to this topic

#931 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

Looks like my yahoo team is getting it's first loss of the season. Benching Dez Bryant, Richardson leaving the game, and Alex Smith sucking as a bye week fill in for Brees.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#932 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

Was forced to use Shonn Greene today because all of my quality starts are on bye or injured. I almost dropped that mofo to waivers this week too. My team did it's best on week 6 when I was almost 100% certain I would have lost this week.

#933 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

Well, looking at one guaranteed win in my ESPN league, while my 2 CAG leagues hinge upon tonight and tomorrow's games. Need Jordy Nelson to step up tonight bigtime and hope Demaryius Thomas flops tomorrow night while McGahee does okay.

#934 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

Wow Tampa Bay D tore it up while Minn/Bal didn't do jack

#935 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

Thanks refs for screwing Vick out of a touchdown with that phantom offensive pass interference call on Celek earlier today. Vick turns it over so much I NEED every score I can get!
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#936 japaki

japaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:56 AM

took a gamble with romo and he didnt let me down but god damnit demarco murray..

#937 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

Wow, Nelson came up big tonight, basically gave me a win in 1 CAG league this week as I'll be up by over 30 and opponent only has McGahee to play.

Unfortunately, in my other CAG matchup that was tied before the GB game, opponent has James Jones and Matt Schaub so hes up by 23, and I have McGahee/Prater playing tomorrow night while he has Demaryius Thomas. Unlikely to get the win there.

#938 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:38 AM

Wow, Nelson came up big tonight, basically gave me a win in 1 CAG league this week as I'll be up by over 30 and opponent only has McGahee to play.

I'm in the same boat except only up by 20. Totally thought I lost when the Eagles collapse in the 4th and let M. Stafford go off and A.J. Green going off in the 4th too.

Did you guys think W. McGahee will get 20 points tommorrow? I really need a win. Go Bolts!!!

#939 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

With the way Hernandez came back and basically took most of the life out of Gronkowski, I think I am going to grab a backup off the waiver. That means dropping one of these two guys as I love the rest of my team. What do you think, Fred Jackson or Pierre Thomas? Thomas is consistent, but I feel like has very little break out potential. Jackson has sucked almost all year, but seeing him get a little life this week makes we wonder if I should still get rid of him or not.

#940 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

Majority of the players on my teams decided to suck it up hardcore yesterday. And thanks to Oakland doing better than I thought they would, Matt Ryan stunk it up while Aaron Rodgers sat on my bench and racked up the points. Ugh.

#941 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

Another week, another reminder why I hate* fantasy football - I'm playing the #1 team who is 5-0 and he scores the second least amount of points in the league this week (about 50 points less than his average) and I scored the least. My worst week by far - my team completely shit the bed.

*love

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#942 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

Majority of the players on my teams decided to suck it up hardcore yesterday. And thanks to Oakland doing better than I thought they would, Matt Ryan stunk it up while Aaron Rodgers sat on my bench and racked up the points. Ugh.

You need to trade one of them. Unless your league is 8 teams.

#943 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

You need to trade one of them. Unless your league is 8 teams.

Yup. 8 team league is what im in.

#944 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

M. Lynch @ Niner's D?

I'm leaning against because the Niners should be fired up after laying an egg this weekend. On the other hand, Lynch is my best RB so sitting him will be tough and he has been good against the Niners.

#945 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

M. Lynch @ Niner's D?

I'm leaning against because the Niners should be fired up after laying an egg this weekend. On the other hand, Lynch is my best RB so sitting him will be tough and he has been good against the Niners.

Still had the only good game against them last year, but that was in Seattle. What are your other options?

#946 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

Still had the only good game against them last year, but that was in Seattle. What are your other options?

D. Martin, R. Mendenhall, R. Turbin and J. Best. I just read that Best failed his concussion test. I picked him up last week hoping he gets cleared and becomes a decent flex play or trade bait. Maybe it's time to throw that out the window and drop him.

#947 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

Man I love this week. I thought for sure this was my throw away week.

My starting RBs (MJD and Forte) are on byes. Steve Smith on a bye. JeMichael Finley out. My kicker from last week was cut from the team. Both Cedric Benson and Ryan Williams both are gone practically for the season.

My other backup RB was just Shonn Greene, a guy with 5 and 3 points the past two weeks. Boy did he decide to play on the week I needed him the most. LOL.

I was able to get Sidney Rice and Jason Hanson off the waivers and they filled in just nicely. I am up 26 pts going to tonight. I have Peyton Manning running (in a QB type of fantasy league) and he has Willis McGahee. I am pretty safe to think I got this one in the bag when I thought for sure someone would have killed my team.

#948 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

CRAP! It figures that Gates would pick tonight to start blowing up...

I thought I was sitting pretty coming into MNF with a 23 point lead and Demaryius Thomas vs. Gates. Thomas has done nothing and my lead is down to 5!

#949 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:10 AM

This week the rest of my team decides to not show up, except for you GUESSED IT! ANTONIO fuckING GATES! :lol::wall::censored::whee:

My opponent had three guys: Shonn Greene, Jordy Nelson, and Vincent Jackson that outscored my entire team. :fridge:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#950 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

I was down 41.5 points tonight with Thomas and Gates left to play. I figured I had no shot, but now I'm starting to get my hopes up.

#951 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

Another week, another reminder why I hate* fantasy football - I'm playing the #1 team who is 5-0 and he scores the second least amount of points in the league this week (about 50 points less than his average) and I scored the least. My worst week by far - my team completely shit the bed.

*love

haha, my team completely shit the bed, as well. I was playing the #1 team in the league, too, but he had a decent enough week. I still should have beat him, though, but Matt Ryan decided to have a completely awful game against one of the worst defenses in the league.

#952 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:31 AM

In a Yahoo league with 8 teams how many people does it take to veto a trade? I can't find it anywhere in the settings. Someone did a Gronkowski for Chris Johnson trade straight up.

#953 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

YES!!!! The Bolts held McGahee enough to get me the victory. Now the first Byes of my team comes up next week. I need J. Nelson to come up big again.

#954 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:56 AM

Won both my leagues this week, tied for 1st in one and 2nd in the other.

Which RB should I start along side Ahmad Bradshaw? PPR, point per rush attempt, getting 100 yards+ is more important than TD's.

Darren Sproles (@TB)
Alex Green (@STL)
Vick Ballard (CLE)

Also
Kenny Britt (@BUF)
or
Josh Gordon (@IND)

#955 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

Good week, won in the money league and lost in the other league, but Im still in first

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#956 sying

sying

Speedy1961 Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

In a Yahoo league with 8 teams how many people does it take to veto a trade? I can't find it anywhere in the settings. Someone did a Gronkowski for Chris Johnson trade straight up.

Both underperformers... Sounds fair to me

#957 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

Both underperformers... Sounds fair to me

I agree. Not sure why you are rushing to veto this. Sounds like a situation where you got two guys who drafted these players really high, are getting extremely frustrated, and just want to mix things up. Gronk has averaged more points on the season, but he's still a tight end in an offense with another great tight end, two good receivers, and running backs who catch the ball. Personally, I only veto trades where one person is clearly getting the better of the other or two are obviously in collusion, likely because one of the teams is out of it.

#958 sying

sying

Speedy1961 Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

Won both my leagues this week, tied for 1st in one and 2nd in the other.

Which RB should I start along side Ahmad Bradshaw? PPR, point per rush attempt, getting 100 yards+ is more important than TD's.

Darren Sproles (@TB)
Alex Green (@STL)
Vick Ballard (CLE)

Also
Kenny Britt (@BUF)
or
Josh Gordon (@IND)

I say Sprolles on touches alone.

And Britt as a WR only based on his looks last week.

#959 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

Britt finally looked kind of healthy last week, and Hasselbeck loves him.

#960 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

Whew! Thank goodness Thomas got that TD last night. Gates pulled my opponent to within a couple points then Thomas provided the breathing room to seal the victory. Heavy bye weeks coming up (#8 will be a huge bitch with Foster, Tate, and the law firm all out at the same time.)

I think this post week was the first one in which my whole team finally decided to pitch in. Welker, Fitz, Foster, even Vick did decent. Nobody went ass ape but also nobody stuck me with a goose egg. I was a bit disappointed with the AZ defense and BJGE only pitching in six but all and all good week. I'm back to .500 (3-3).