2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

• Please log in to reply
1766 replies to this topic

#1081 rhymenoceros

rhymenoceros

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

I was pretty sure I was gonna start VJax, but now with word that Jennings is out longer for surgery and Jennings out, Cobb is looking nice too. He was still sitting on the WW so I grabbed him as soon as I heard. Now I have a few hours to think about it...buh.

#1082 _Ph03n1x_

_Ph03n1x_

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

Need help with my WRs. Pick 3: James Jones vs. Jags, Antonio Brown vs. Redskins, Denarius Moore vs. Chiefs, Larry Fitz vs. 49ers, Brandon Lloyd vs. Rams, and Titus Young vs. Seahawks.

Right now I'm rolling with Jones, Brown and Moore.

Any input would be appreciated.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1083 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

Bradshaw and Dwyer if Redman and Mendenhall are out, Bradshaw and Green otherwise. Green will get you some yards and tons of carries consistently, but there isn't much upside for more than that. Dwyer could fall short of Green's production, but if he's the main RB in Pittsburgh with no competition this week he could have a 20/100+/1 stat line. With all of the back and forth Carolina has had over the years with DeSean Foster, DeAngelo Williams, and Jonathan Stewart, I don't really trust Carolina to say something about their running backs and then actually do it until I see it.

Good input, appreciate it. I also just picked up Donald Brown, he was a full participate at practice today. Wait and see how tomorrow goes, but if he starts Sunday against Tennessee, think he gets a good workload? I would think they'd work him in with Ballard.

Miami_13.png

Go Dolphins!

#1084 Chitown021

Chitown021

Blackhawks headed to the finals!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:49 AM

Damn, I hated the matchup but maybe I should've started Freeman. He's got two TD's in the first half against MN.

EDIT: Piss, make that THREE!

This week is going to be tough without my most consistent producer - Foster.

QB: Vick or Romo
RB: Sproles + Green, Stephens-Howling, or Dwyer?
WR: Welker, Fitz, + D.Thomas (FLEX) I also have Hartline on my roster.

Right now I'm going with Vick at QB (don't like the matchup but Romo didn't do crap against a bad Panther D last week).

Also at RB I'm leaning towards Dwyer.

Edited by Chitown021, 26 October 2012 - 02:19 AM.

[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#1085 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

Damn, I hated the matchup but maybe I should've started Freeman. He's got two TD's in the first half against MN.

Right now I'm going with Vick at QB (don't like the matchup but Romo didn't do crap against a bad Panther D last week).

Dont count out Stephens-Howling though, he could be a sleeper this week.

#1086 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:37 AM

Dont count out Stephens-Howling though, he could be a sleeper this week.

You can't be serious.

What a game for Martin. Finally justifying my early jumping on him in numerous drafts.

#1087 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

Joshy Boy!

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1088 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

I think I started Minn's D...crap

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#1089 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:54 AM

I've got Welker, Jones, and Megatron starting...any chance Floyd or DeSean Jackson going to something crazy good this week?

Which Jones? Julio? James? Donald? Some other Jones?

Need help with my WRs. Pick 3: James Jones vs. Jags, Antonio Brown vs. Redskins, Denarius Moore vs. Chiefs, Larry Fitz vs. 49ers, Brandon Lloyd vs. Rams, and Titus Young vs. Seahawks.

Right now I'm rolling with Jones, Brown and Moore.

Brown and Moore for certain, and then James Jones if you can or need to take a risk, Fitz otherwise. James Jones has a better chance of catching a TD or two, but if he doesn't get any, he won't do much to help you win. Fitz is a safer bet for yards and could catch a TD.

Good input, appreciate it. I also just picked up Donald Brown, he was a full participate at practice today. Wait and see how tomorrow goes, but if he starts Sunday against Tennessee, think he gets a good workload? I would think they'd work him in with Ballard.

While I'm starting Donald Brown in one league, I wouldn't recommend it. At best, he should be eased back in and split carries with Ballard, and at worst, he could sit if the Colts don't need him. I'm starting him because I only have space on my team for 3 RBs and BJGE is on bye. He should have a good game if he plays, but if you have better, safer options, I'd probably go with them (my other options were William Powell and Jonathan Dwyer, but since I'm only carrying 3 RBs, I had to secure the one that has the best chance to produce for the rest of the season). He's worth a pickup though if you have the room for him. I think he'll be consistently decent, but not spectacular.

Vick and Dwyer as long as Dwyer has the backfield to himself, Green otherwise. I wouldn't start any non-stud RB against SF, and I like Vick's consistency over Romo's inconsistency. Romo did have a good week 1 against the Giants though, and this time he's at home, so he could repeat his performance.

#1090 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

My opponent in one league had Doug Martin in his lineup before moving him to his bench in the last day or so. Great for me, not for him.

#1091 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:27 AM

My opponent in one league had Doug Martin in his lineup before moving him to his bench in the last day or so. Great for me, not for him.

Bright ideas of a Thursday morning. I thought Minnesota could stop the run.

#1092 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:29 AM

:lol: It's alright. The way my season is going, you'll still manage to thrash me easily.

#1093 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:37 AM

have AP, he has more yards than Martin on half as many carries. (15 to 30)

Ponder is really awful
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#1094 _Ph03n1x_

_Ph03n1x_

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:39 AM

Brown and Moore for certain, and then James Jones if you can or need to take a risk, Fitz otherwise. James Jones has a better chance of catching a TD or two, but if he doesn't get any, he won't do much to help you win. Fitz is a safer bet for yards and could catch a TD.

Thanks for the insight. I usually have Fitz starting but the QB situation in Arizona is killing Fitz's worth. The reason I'm going with Jones right now is because Jordy Nelson might not play so there will be plenty of TDs to go around against the Jags. If Nelson is playing I'll go with Fitz.

Also, Doug Martin is racking up the points for me. And to think that I almost didn't start him.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1095 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:55 AM

Bright ideas of a Thursday morning. I thought Minnesota could stop the run.

They average 58 yards given up on the ground until tonight.

I still played him on my teams I had him on.

#1096 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

With the news that Pierre Garcon is out until at least week 11 and possibly longer, should I hold onto him or drop him assuming that as long as he's healthy and productive for the fantasy playoffs, it would be worth holding on to him? The team I own him on is 6-1 and 3rd in points scored, so I have the luxury of waiting for him to come back. My other WRs are Dez Bryant, Mike Williams, Josh Gordon, and Brian Hartline, so there's definitely room for Garcon in my starting lineup once he's healthy. If I dropped him, notable replacements on the WW are Santana Moss, Brandon LaFell, Andrew Hawkins, and Leonard Hankerson, none of which I feel are better than my current four active WR (with the exception of LaFell if Cam Newton starts playing better). I'm asking if he should be dropped because I have the tendency to hold on to players much longer than I should, then end up dropping them anyway, with nothing to show for it but many missed waiver claims and FA pickups.

I'm also thrilled with Martin's great performance. I wish I was able to get him in every league I'm in more than ever now. In the league I mentioned above, I had him and Mike Williams and my opponent had the Minnesota defense play so far, so that's a great start to this fantasy week.

Edited by G33, 26 October 2012 - 05:01 AM.

#1097 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:33 AM

Which Jones? Julio? James? Donald? Some other Jones?

While I'm starting Donald Brown in one league, I wouldn't recommend it. At best, he should be eased back in and split carries with Ballard, and at worst, he could sit if the Colts don't need him. I'm starting him because I only have space on my team for 3 RBs and BJGE is on bye. He should have a good game if he plays, but if you have better, safer options, I'd probably go with them (my other options were William Powell and Jonathan Dwyer, but since I'm only carrying 3 RBs, I had to secure the one that has the best chance to produce for the rest of the season). He's worth a pickup though if you have the room for him. I think he'll be consistently decent, but not spectacular.

Vick and Dwyer as long as Dwyer has the backfield to himself, Green otherwise. I wouldn't start any non-stud RB against SF, and I like Vick's consistency over Romo's inconsistency. Romo did have a good week 1 against the Giants though, and this time he's at home, so he could repeat his performance.

I should have been clearer James Jones.

CAG TradeList

#1098 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

Yeah the Giants were the one team that Romo had success against but that was way back in week #1. I think the Giants have improved while the Cowboys have regressed since. Romo has had plenty of favorable match-ups (Tampa Bay, Carolina, etc...) since to blow up and he's done nothing. Vick has managed to somewhat offset his turnovers with the extra points he gets from his rushing yards.

Man I need to get a win this week but I'm playing without my strongest players and I'm playing the second best team in the league.

#1099 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

You can't be serious.

What a game for Martin. Finally justifying my early jumping on him in numerous drafts.

Yeah, didn't realize he was against SF. In that case, start Green.

#1100 Habbler

Habbler

Funk Soul Brother

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

One of my leagues gives points per rushing attempt. Martin on my team was worth 64 points. I saw that this morning and was like What the Fuck ?

#1101 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Yeah, didn't realize he was against SF. In that case, start Green.

I just don't think LSH is any good anyway. SF hasn't been as good against the run this year but I still wouldn't look at LSH.

#1102 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

I was just offered a trade:

I get:
James Jones + Jimmy Graham

He gets:

Jason Witten + Demaryious Thomas + LAW FIRM

Here's my current roster:

QB: Vick, Romo, Freeman
RB: A.Foster, A. Green, B.Tate, BJGE, Sproles, Dwyer
WR: Welker, Fitz, Thomas, Hartine
TE: Witten
K: Bryant
D: SEA, AZ

#1103 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

If J. Nelson sits, which is the better option: D. Moore or R. Jennings?

#1104 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

Traded Ahmad Bradshaw and Andre Johnson for LeSean McCoy. Thoughts?

#1105 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

Traded Ahmad Bradshaw and Andre Johnson for LeSean McCoy. Thoughts?

Very good. Although, I wouldn't be surprise if it got veto.

#1106 sying

sying

Speedy1961 Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

I was just offered a trade:

I get:
James Jones + Jimmy Graham

He gets:

Jason Witten + Demaryious Thomas + LAW FIRM

Here's my current roster:

QB: Vick, Romo, Freeman
RB: A.Foster, A. Green, B.Tate, BJGE, Sproles, Dwyer
WR: Welker, Fitz, Thomas, Hartine
TE: Witten
K: Bryant
D: SEA, AZ

J j is inconsistent and grahmn is injured, I would stick with what you have.

#1107 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

J j is inconsistent and grahmn is injured, I would stick with what you have.

Yeah, I liked the idea of getting Graham but that's banking on him getting healthy and blowing up down the stretch. I don't mind giving up the Law Firm because he's done almost nothing. Witten hasn't done a ton but he's been decent in recent weeks. My biggest loss in would be Thomas. He's been my most consistent receiver since the beginning of the season.

I was thinking Jones might not be a bad pickup down the stretch with Nelson banged up and Jennings being sidelined for the next several weeks.

#1108 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

Kenny Britt or Josh Gordon? Looking for most yardage.

#1109 Streetskillz

Streetskillz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

Start Philip Tanner (DAL) or Rashad Jennings (JAC)?
This is for my Flex BTW, already starting Adrian Peterson and Ryan Mathews
"It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees." -- Emiliano Zapata

#1110 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

Quick question, I just grabbed Jennings he's playing against Green Bay this week, should I start him over Greene who's playing Mia? I'll be starting Forte for sure.

CAG TradeList