2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

• Please log in to reply
1766 replies to this topic

#1351 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

Yahoo fucked me when I couldn't change my lineup Sunday morning, but lo and behold, Jamaal Charles shows up for a game and I'm actually up.

#1352 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

Crap Big Ben went out, so if he can't play next week and Eli is out, do I grab Schaub or Freeman?

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#1353 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

Crap Big Ben went out, so if he can't play next week and Eli is out, do I grab Schaub or Freeman?

While I love my Texans, I'm pretty sure they run the ball more than any other team.

Go with Freeman. He has the better QB Rating so far this year and has a better TD/INT ratio of 18/5 to Schaub's 13/6.

#1354 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

down 2.02 points in the CAG league going into tonight with Redman to play....he has 1.90 points. I'm down 0.12 points....ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!

#1355 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

The bullshit continues. Most points in the league and 3rd place still (7-3). I have over 100 points more on the year than the guy ahead of me (8-2). He also has by far the least amount of points scored against him this season. I play him this week though so his luck has to run out some time.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1356 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

The bullshit continues. Most points in the league and 3rd place still (7-3). I have over 100 points more on the year than the guy ahead of me (8-2). He also has by far the least amount of points scored against him this season. I play him this week though so his luck has to run out some time.

Haha I'm in the same exact boat. I'm the only one in my league who is over 1000 points scored and I'm in third at 7-3. The guy in first place though has had the least amount of points scored against him in the whole league.

#1357 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

I am truly blessed!! Needed to get to 100 yds with charles to win.....cassel pulls it out and gets them the FG for OT.

First play, charles 4 yard run, to get me my 100.....then BAM!! INT and game over! HAHAHAHA my opponent has got to be mad
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#1358 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

I got an offer in my money league since Big Ben went down. I've got Eli and he's on a bye next week and I was going to grab freeman.

I get
-Dalton
-Mike Williams

He gets
- Welker.

My other WRs are James Jones, Megatron, Floyd, and DeSean. It looks like Dalton has a decent schedule the rest of the year and Williams' schedule doesn't look to shabby either. But Big Ben might be back in a week or so and I don't think Dalton is a replacement for him or Eli....

His other WRs include Julio jones, Andre Johnson, and Smith. RB's is where he needs the most help.

Edited by kube00, 13 November 2012 - 09:41 PM.

CAG TradeList

#1359 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

So im going crazy with my main team. I feel as though I really shouldnt be losing any games after drafting so well. (Or so I thought) Its a 12 man league and im sitting at a pretty 5-5 and in 6th place. Most points scored and 2nd scored against. Is my team really that bad?

QB: Romo, Vick
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Jeremy Maclin, Malcom Flyod, Mike Williams
RB: Foster, McFadden, A. Morris, CJ1K
TE: Witten, Pettigrew
Floating kicker and Def. Whoever has the best matchup

#1360 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Which 2 WR's should I start this week...

Mike Williams(@CAR)
Darrius Heyward-Bey(NO)
James Jones(@DET)

#1361 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

I personally would go with darrius heyward-bey (that match up is so juicy right now, especially with the saints epically bad on D and the raiders having to play catch up all day) and I'd take James Jones over MW just because he has done so well for me thus far (and the lions just shook up their secondary, again, because Ponder lit them up. CHRISTIAN PONDER).

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1362 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

Fair trade?

I get:
- Calvin Johnson
- Jason Witten

He gets:
- Tony Gonzalez
- Mike Wallace

His upgrade at TE is huge (he is barely hanging on to 4th place and this could make a real difference) and my upgrade at WR would be nice (potentially huge). I have Jimmy Graham so Gonzalez is expendable at this point. I'm really hoping he takes it and I tried to make it as fair as I could.

#1363 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

The lions have a tough as nails schedule to end the year, but I'd take CJ > Mike Wallace, and as long as you have faith Graham stays healthy I'd do the trade.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1364 Stevesbored

Stevesbored

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

Who should I pick up to replace Vick Ballard as my flex spot player (1/2 point PPR):
- Marcel Reece OAK
- Darrius Heyward-Bey OAK
- Rashard Mendenhall PIT
- James Starks GB
- Cecil Shorts JAX
- Danario Alexander SD
- Greg Jennings GB (stash him and roll with Donald Brown this week)

I am 4 - 6 right now and essentially have to win out to make the playoffs. I could also potentially drop Cutler and Martellus Bennett to pick up more players above.
Fear the Turtle!

#1365 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

DHB or Alexander.

#1366 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

Who should I pick up to replace Vick Ballard as my flex spot player (1/2 point PPR):
- Marcel Reece OAK
- Rashard Mendenhall PIT
- James Starks GB
- Cecil Shorts JAX
- Danario Alexander SD

I am 4 - 6 right now and essentially have to win out to make the playoffs. I could also potentially drop Cutler and Martellus Bennett to pick up more players above.

Reece if DMC is still out, DHB otherwise.

#1367 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

- Marcel Reece OAK
- Rashard Mendenhall PIT
- James Starks GB
- Cecil Shorts JAX
- Danario Alexander SD

I'd go DHB and then drop Cutler for Reece.

#1368 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

Anyone think I should start Dennis Pitta(@PIT) over Vernon Davis(CHI)?

#1369 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Fair trade?

I get:
- Calvin Johnson
- Jason Witten

He gets:
- Tony Gonzalez
- Mike Wallace

His upgrade at TE is huge (he is barely hanging on to 4th place and this could make a real difference) and my upgrade at WR would be nice (potentially huge). I have Jimmy Graham so Gonzalez is expendable at this point. I'm really hoping he takes it and I tried to make it as fair as I could.

If you really want Megatron and don't need Witten, why is he part of the deal? I'd just offer the two for one. Forget about Witten, he could be a deal killer.

Try to make the deal look as appealing to the other team as possible. Perception at first glance goes a long way.

#1370 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Well I grabbed Freeman off waviers, should I just stick with him and eli until Big Ben comes back? Should I just decline the trade that would have me sending Welker and getting Dalton/Mike Williams

CAG TradeList

#1371 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

Should I drop M. Vick for N. Foles? My QB position sucks and everyone in my league seems to want too much for their backup QB. My other QB is J. Flacco. I looked at waivers but the best is A. Smith, S. Bradford and B. Weeden.

#1372 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

Well I grabbed Freeman off waviers, should I just stick with him and eli until Big Ben comes back? Should I just decline the trade that would have me sending Welker and getting Dalton/Mike Williams

Welker > Mike Williams, so yes, decline the trade. Dalton isn't that much of an upgrade over Eli or Freeman.

Should I drop M. Vick for N. Foles? My QB position sucks and everyone in my league seems to want too much for their backup QB. My other QB is J. Flacco.

Only if you think Vick is done for the season, or for at least the foreseeable future.

#1373 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

If you really want Megatron and don't need Witten, why is he part of the deal? I'd just offer the two for one. Forget about Witten, he could be a deal killer.

Try to make the deal look as appealing to the other team as possible. Perception at first glance goes a long way.

Trades have to be even. I would drop Witten anyway as soon as it is complete. Maybe I should have just picked a scrub from his bench...

#1374 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

Trades have to be even. I would drop Witten anyway as soon as it is complete. Maybe I should have just picked a scrub from his bench...

Even how? Value or number of players?

#1375 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

Yea I think I"ll stick with Welker. Thanks guys

CAG TradeList

#1376 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

Because of bye weeks/injuries, I have two spots open in my lineup. Who should I start at the RB and Flex Position? Pick 2 of the 3:

DeSean Jackson vs. Wsh
Jonathan Dwyer vs. Bal
Chris Ivory vs. Oak

Thanks for the help as always.

Edited by ananag112, 14 November 2012 - 11:11 PM.

Posted Image

#1377 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

So I had Roethlisburger as my QB. Assuming he's likely out, I've picked up Foles and am trying to pick up Dalton off of waivers. If I get Dalton, which would be better to start?

Dalton vs. KC
Foles vs. Washington

Regardless of QB position, I'm screwed at RB. Lynch on bye, McFadden out. Managed to pick up Marcel Reese, but the best option I have for RB2 is Chris Ivory. Oh well.
Posted Image

#1378 Stevesbored

Stevesbored

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

So I had Roethlisburger as my QB. Assuming he's likely out, I've picked up Foles and am trying to pick up Dalton off of waivers. If I get Dalton, which would be better to start?

Dalton vs. KC
Foles vs. Washington

Regardless of QB position, I'm screwed at RB. Lynch on bye, McFadden out. Managed to pick up Marcel Reese, but the best option I have for RB2 is Chris Ivory. Oh well.

I'd go with Foles for this week only. My Redskins defense is absolutely putrid against the pass.

I ended up with Carson Palmer and DHB off waivers, plus picked up Cecil Shorts later and dropped Cutler. Would've liked Reese, but oh well.
Fear the Turtle!

#1379 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

Damnit, had to drop DHB in order to pick up a defense for this week. Didnt really want to but my other options were Greg Jennings or Ben Tate (both of who still have good late-season value).

#1380 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

Trying to figure out my TE situation for the week. I have Scott Chandler presently, but debating whether to start him or drop him for somebody that plays Sunday. That way, if Aaron Hernandez is activated, I can still swap him in.

card.png