2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

• Please log in to reply
1766 replies to this topic

#1471 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

benched texans DST for the Bengals. With joseph being out, their D goes way down IMO
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#1472 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Welker might be out for today's game, any word ya/nay?

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#1473 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

Holy crap, talk about a roller coaster of a day... I pulled Freeman for Romo at the last minute. At halftime he had scored 3 points and I was kicking myself. He blew up and ended up scoring 48 in the second half to put me way ahead (we have a bonus for 400+ yards passing). Also stated Foster, Welker, and Witten. I've scored 91 points and still have five players to go.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#1474 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

Andre Johnson's last two games has been the best two-game receiving total in the history of the NFL.

He's back people and a must start.

#1475 kube00

kube00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

Dang NE Defense...but at least Megatron played well

#1476 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

Andre Johnson's last two games has been the best two-game receiving total in the history of the NFL.

He's back people and a must start.

I wouldn't exactly say that. These last two games have been shootouts with the Texans D playing horrible. If the D gets back on track, I wouldn't be surprise if A. Johnson's production goes back to single digits.

D. Moore or J. Blackmon? I was disappointed that D. Moore didn't do anything last week when they played the Saints.

#1477 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

I wouldn't exactly say that. These last two games have been shootouts with the Texans D playing horrible. If the D gets back on track, I wouldn't be surprise if A. Johnson's production goes back to single digits.

D. Moore or J. Blackmon? I was disappointed that D. Moore didn't do anything last week when they played the Saints.

I'm sticking by my statement. There is more to it than how the defense is playing, Andre is also clearly 100% healthy for the first time this season. The Bears game aside with its terrible weather and low scoring; since the GB game Andre has steadily been getting more targets, huge yards, and making the catches that he normally makes but was dropping earlier in the season.

#1478 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Andre Johnson has always been a must start anyway.

He's just been falling in drafts, rightly so, due to the constant games he misses due to injury every year.

#1479 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

In a standard 10 team ESPN league I started Alfred Morris at RB, who do I use at the flex?

Ahmad Bradshaw (also have Andre Brown)
BenJarvus Green-Ellis
Marcel Reece
Ronnie Hillman
Larry Fitzgerald

Leaning towards Marcel Reece since he's been getting plenty of touches and is producing. Bradshaw just scares me at this point with his foot problems. Don't really trust Green-Ellis.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#1480 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Reece's pieces.

#1481 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

I already have almost 60 points thinks to Brady and Ridley and the Jets general suckassness...

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1482 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

Had an odd scoring issue in my league yesterday. One of the teams started Edelman and he had a fumble recovery for a TD as a member of the kick coverage team. The site had to make an adjustment to allow for the points.

It's so rare (outside of leagues with IDP's) that you'd have a position player worthy of an offensive starting position that would be involving in a coverage unit. I guess the one exception might be covering an onside kick when you have the hands group out there.

#1483 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

Play 3 (RB):

Reece
Lynch
Ronnie Hillman (backup for McGahee)

Leaning towards Reece and Lynch, but Lynch has a tough matchup and with Denver playing KC, I'm expecting it to be a blowout and Hillman to get plenty of touches in the 2nd half. Decisions, decisions...
Posted Image

#1484 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

Play 3 (RB):

Reece
Lynch
Ronnie Hillman (backup for McGahee)

Leaning towards Reece and Lynch, but Lynch has a tough matchup and with Denver playing KC, I'm expecting it to be a blowout and Hillman to get plenty of touches in the 2nd half. Decisions, decisions...

Yeah, that's a close one. I think I would give Lynch the slight edge just because you know he's the man in Seattle and you don't know what the carry ratio will be in Denver. Isn't Hillman most likely going to split carries with Ball?

Plus Seattle is more of a running team than Denver is with Manning.

#1485 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

Who should I start at FLEX this week?

Here's my roster with the players that have already gone on Turkey Day highlighted:

QB: ROMO, Freeman
RB: FOSTER, Reese, BJGE, Sproles
WR: WELKER, Thomas, Fitz, Shorts, Alexander
FLEX: ?
TE: WITTEN
K: Bryant
D :SEA, CIN

Right now I've got Reese as my RB2, D.Thomas as my WR2 and Denario Alexander in the FLEX spot. Debating on whether I should play the Law Firm or Shorts at FLEX or possibly even pick up Bryce Brown to plug in there. With a rookie QB the Eagles may try to run the crap out of the ball meaning he'll get a ton of touches.

#1486 kube00

kube00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

If jennings isn't playing I may go with James Jones over Blackmon or Alexander...

Do I go with Manning at GB or Freeman at ATL?

CAG TradeList

#1487 rhymenoceros

rhymenoceros

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

Got Lynch, Spiller, Reece and Gore...I need 3. Leaning towards benching Reece, but looks like the field will be his basically against the Bengals. Hmm.

#1488 ajumbaje

ajumbaje

West Coast born East Coast raised

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

so Danario Alexander is available in my ppr league. I have harvin and mccoy on my bench due to injury.

Planning on starting jonathan stewart, bryce brown, and jalen parmele for my two running backs and flex position.

Should I swap stewart for alexander? Parmele and brown sound like better starts than stewart, but I don't want to be making too many roster changes before playoff season. 8-3 right now and top of the league.

San Diego Padres...Let's keep the good things we have...trading Gregerson goes against that!
San Diego Chargers...It's New!! The Chargers are ALIVE!
Boston Celtics...we won it back in 08, I'm satisfied
Vancouver Canucks. yayy division realignment.

#1489 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Nice. Made the last second change to my lineup. Took out James Jones for Ty Hilton and already benefiting thanks to his punt return TD.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#1490 kube00

kube00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

Damn maybe I should have grabbed Hilton...

CAG TradeList

#1491 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

Of course, looks like Hilton isn't doing much else in that game. Apparently left in the first quarter with a head injury. And to make matters worse, I benched Julio Jones (which I did last week as well to my benefit), and it appears his ankle is no longer an issue.

At least I already clinched a playoff spot and am 2 games ahead of third and fourth, so it's not like I needed to win this week.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#1492 kube00

kube00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

Well I may be able to hang onto the last playoff spot. Im dumping Blackmon for shorts, and picking up Wells. Any reason I should hang onto Shonn Greene? I figure with Jackson/Forte/Jones and Wells I should be good

CAG TradeList

#1493 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

Need like 22 from Bryce Brown tomorrow. Not likely but possible
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#1494 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

What's the chance that the Panthers D puts up a -10 tomorrow? I might sit out my D as my opponent is out of players.

#1495 Duo_Maxwell

Duo_Maxwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

What's the chance that the Panthers D puts up a -10 tomorrow? I might sit out my D as my opponent is out of players.

Depending on how your league s setup for tie breakers I'd personally leave Carolina D in for extra points if in the same situation. The odds of them dropping a -10 against both a backup QB and backup RB has to be like 0.0001%, plus I'm going to bet Brown or Foles have at least 1 turnover between them and their O-Line is a lock to give up a couple sacks at least.

#1496 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

My leagues typically cap out at -4 points for a D/ST, so if yours is the same, you should be safe playing them regardless. I'd be surprised if Carolina scored less than 4 points.

#1497 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

Unbelievable...Going to lose in one of the CAG leagues by 1.26 points this week thanks to the combined 0 points from Miles Austin and Vernon Davis. After a 7-2 start this will be my 3rd straight loss and all by under 5 points. Fuck!!!!

#1498 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

I need 12 pts in a standard non-PPR league and I only have 1 WR left to play. Which would you play- Jackson, Maclin, or LaFell? Currently leaning towards Jackson, but I've got no faith in Foles after last weeks disaster that cost me 1st place in my league.
Posted Image

#1499 Dr.Zoidberg

Dr.Zoidberg

Death by Snu-Snu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

Ok, week 13. Should I start Lance Moore vs ATL or Santana Moss vs NYG? In the lesser K area, should I start Giants Tynes vs Was or GB Crosby vs Min? Thx.
Sheriff Lucas Buck: Conscience is just the fear of getting caught.

Tyler Durden: We have jobs we dont like to buy sh!t we don't need

#1500 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

My season is going down the shitter. 7-5 with the MOST POINTS IN THE LEAGUE. DAMMIT.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---