2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

• Please log in to reply
1766 replies to this topic

#1531 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

Gonna be really mad if Kaepernick goes off!!

Matty Ice sucks, but I didnt have the sack to bench him...... :cry::cry: playoffs are on the line! I gotta be bold
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#1532 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

Wow, game is almost over and Drew Brees barely has me 5 points. But I can find some solace in the fact that my opponent has both Roddy White and Julio Jones, who have a combined 6.80 points so far.

#1533 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

Of course then I jinx him and Brees throws fucking interception #5 with under 2:00 minutes to go.

#1534 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

Graham and Ryan 14.5 combined.....Ryan is probably getting benched next week, or a bomb in his mailbox.

Not sure which yet

#1535 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Turns out benching Colston wasn't a bad decision. Most likely won't do any worse with my other receivers.
I still have Reece on my team. Seems like it's time to drop him right? He won't be used much anymore it seems.

#1536 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

I really hope starting Brees over Peyton doesn't come back to haunt me.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1537 Chitown021

Chitown021

Blackhawks headed to the finals!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Dammit, still pissed I didn't pick up Bryce Brown last week before free agency closed! I debated about it all day Sunday and when I finally decided to pull the trigger the Noon games had started and FA was closed. I lost out on him this week because of my low waiver priority.

On the plus side after a cold start my team has gone 6-1 in my last 7 games, including a current 5 game winning streak. Also the division leader has lost 3 straight, one to me, giving me the division lead due to tie-breakers at the moment (both 8-4 and we've split head to head but I have the better record against division opponents).

This week a win or a loss by him clinches the division. Here's my projected lineup for the week:

QB: ROMO, Freeman
WR: D.THOMAS, WELKER, Shorts, D.Alexander, Fitz
RB: FOSTER, BJGE, Tate, Sproles, Reece
FLEX: SHORTS
TE: WITTEN
K: BRYANT
D: SEA, Cin

I'm debating about a couple things. I would prefer to play Reece at RB2 but it looks like DMC will be back so his role may be limited this week. Also at FLEX, It's between Shorts, Alexander, and Reece. I'm leaning towards Shorts due to the matchup. Defense, to me it's a coin toss. Rivers is a turnover machine so Cincy could get me a bunch of points but I also like Seattle. I hate to see it happen as a Bears fan but I know our O-line went from bad to worse last week after losing a guy to Jared Allen's cheap shot.

That means Seattle will probably get a lot of pressure on Cutler which equals sacks, fumbles, and picks.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#1538 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

ESPN is reporting that it's unlikely Run DMC will play today. I had ruled out using Reese this week because of McFadden coming back this week. Now I'm debating as to whether I should put Reese in for the Law Firm or possibly even put him in at FLEX. On fantasy now they're saying they expect a bad rainstorm in Oakland for the game which could mean a steady ground and pound, feed the rock to Reese all day gameplan.

#1539 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

James Jones (v MIN)
Dwayne Bowe (v CAR)
Mike Wallace (@ BAL)

I can start 1. HELP!

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1540 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

James Jones (v MIN)
Dwayne Bowe (v CAR)
Mike Wallace (@ BAL)

I can start 1. HELP!

Gooo! Out of that group I would take James Jones hands down. Bowe and Wallace have horrible QB situations (Brady & Batch).

#1541 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

Gooo! Out of that group I would take James Jones hands down. Bowe and Wallace have horrible QB situations (Brady & Batch).

That's what I ended up doing even though Bowe has a good matchup and could go off if the Chiefs are inspired after what happened.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1542 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

Damn, I should've put the Texans D in. They're destroying the Titans on all fronts.

#1543 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

started Anquan Boldin over Vick Ballard...that was probably not very smart.

#1544 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

Fuck you Adrian Peterson!

#1545 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Well even though F Jackson/Hilton/Forte/and James Jones sat on my bench, Megatron/Welker/Shorts/Greene all did well.

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#1546 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

winning 1 league, but losing both CAG leagues this week. Andrew Luck on my bench and opponents had AP/Megatron....awesome.

#1547 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

I have Bryce Brown and Peterson....nuff said

#1548 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

I have Bryce Brown and Peterson....nuff said

Unfortunately my opponent had both of those guys this week. The good news is that my team as a whole actually posted some solid numbers and I'm leading.

The bad news is that he still has RG3 and Tynes and I doubt those two will combine for 18 points or less....

#1549 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

Playoffs time now. Decisions, decisions...

Who to start this week for my #2 RB?
I know it's early but still.

LeSean McCoy(@TB) probably out anyway.
Marcel Reece(DEN) McFadden likely back.
DeAngelo Williams(ATL) Don't know about Stewart.
Jacquizz Rodgers(@CAR) Turner looked good last week but it was NO.
Jonathan Dwyer(SD) Who knows how many touches he gets.

It's a shitty choice I know. I'm looking for the guy who will get the most touches and yards mostly. Sadly they are all timeshare/hot hand backs.

#1550 Duo_Maxwell

Duo_Maxwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

Playoffs time now. Decisions, decisions...

Who to start this week for my #2 RB?
I know it's early but still.

LeSean McCoy(@TB) probably out anyway.
Marcel Reece(DEN) McFadden likely back.
DeAngelo Williams(ATL) Don't know about Stewart.
Jacquizz Rodgers(@CAR) Turner looked good last week but it was NO.
Jonathan Dwyer(SD) Who knows how many touches he gets.

It's a shitty choice I know. I'm looking for the guy who will get the most touches and yards mostly. Sadly they are all timeshare/hot hand backs.

Unless McCoy plays & starts I would say play Williams. Stewart is still projected to miss next week I think. Reece had his shares in the run already cut this week and with McFadden back it will be e ven worse, though my guess is they keep him active in the pass game. Rodgers won't get enough touches. Dwyer is a total wildcard at this point.

#1551 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

I made playoffs in both my leagues, not great matchups in either.

If tynes had scored 1.5 more points, I would have much easier matchups...this is why i also hate fantasy.

Commish in one league is a pretty big idiot, and had the playoffs set up at two weeks each round which im pretty sure was unintentional and playoff settings are locked now!!!

#1552 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

Won by .82 points last week and .23 points this week. Shit is crazy.

#1553 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Won by .82 points last week and .23 points this week. Shit is crazy.

You can thank Roddy White and Julio Jones for that win. They gave me a combined 6 points.

#1554 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

You can thank Roddy White and Julio Jones for that win. They gave me a combined 6 points.

Haha oh I did last page.

Wow, game is almost over and Drew Brees barely has me 5 points. But I can find some solace in the fact that my opponent has both Roddy White and Julio Jones, who have a combined 6.80 points so far.

#1555 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Haha oh I did last page.

:lol:

If I had started anyone on my bench (with the exception of Michael Bush) over any one of my starters at the same positions (except for Demaryius Thomas), I would've won. Oh well.

#1556 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

Unless McCoy plays & starts I would say play Williams. Stewart is still projected to miss next week I think. Reece had his shares in the run already cut this week and with McFadden back it will be e ven worse, though my guess is they keep him active in the pass game. Rodgers won't get enough touches. Dwyer is a total wildcard at this point.

Tomlin said today they will remain with Dwyer as their starter so I'm leaning towards him over Williams. If Atlanta gets an early big lead I see Carolina abandoning the run.

#1557 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Can someone tell me what happen in the Jaguars-Bills game to J. Blackmon? How the hell did he only get 9 yards? Was the Bills best cb on him all day? Was he really that injured? I need to know if I should sit him against the Jets. My other options aren't that good either: J. Nelson(hurt), R. Mendenhall(bench/doghouse apparently), D. Moore(bench also) and J. Rogers.

#1558 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

Whew... Made it into the playoffs, in 3rd place..... At 7-6. Stiff competition in this 12 teamer.

#1559 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

Can someone tell me what happen in the Jaguars-Bills game to J. Blackmon? How the hell did he only get 9 yards? Was the Bills best cb on him all day? Was he really that injured? I need to know if I should sit him against the Jets. My other options aren't that good either: J. Nelson(hurt), R. Mendenhall(bench/doghouse apparently), D. Moore(bench also) and J. Rogers.

Chad Henne happened.

#1560 sying

sying

Speedy1961 Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

Rainy conditions, no running game oh abd yeah, its Henne