2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

• Please log in to reply
1766 replies to this topic

#1561 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

Add me to the list of 7-6 playoff teams! Woo!

#1562 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

I'm in with the #3 seed in my league at 8-5. Missed a chance at clinching my division and the #1 seed with last week's loss (147-132). I had a solid week but my opponent had Bryce Brown and AP go ass ape on me.

The thing that sucks is the guy I face (6-7) is actually the highest scoring team in our league. His problem is that he also had the highest points against average as well.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#1563 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

Yup I am in two 12-team leagues, with the second most points scored in the league in both, finished 7-6 in both, made the playoffs in both. 5th seed and 4th seed

#1564 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

Still have one more game before my league's playoffs and it's a doozy. We're both 11-2, but he holds the tiebreaker for first place with more points scored (which is close to 400 points over the next person). Outside of seeding, our game is meaningless, but would like to win as I'd rather play the 4th place team by a long shot. (Who I've decimated in both my matchups).

Looking for WR help. PPR league, start 3.

Dez Bryant (@CIN)
Julio Jones (@CAR)
Reggie Wayne (TEN)
TY Hilton (TEN)

Probably will just stick with the top three, but the way Hilton has been playing the past three weeks, I'm considering taking the shot that he has a better game than Wayne. Hard to bench Jones as he could put up a monster game, but he can also put up a clunker. Also own Greg Jennings (from a waiver pick up a few weeks back), but I don't think I trust him yet.

Also, am I crazy for even considering starting Russell Wilson over Drew Brees.

card.png

#1565 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:01 AM

Well, as usual on how this year went. I was removed from the playoffs by the last place team. Had the best team going into the year by far, but everyone who played against me had career days. #1 in points and #1 in points allowed. When 115 points is a good game, getting 160+ scored on you 3 times kinda makes you wonder lol. Oh well.

#1566 Dr.Zoidberg

Dr.Zoidberg

Death by Snu-Snu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

Pick two, should I start Greg Jennings (GB vs Det) or Lance Moore (NO vs NYG) or Mike Williams (TB vs Philly). Leaning for Greg and Lance since its Greg's 2nd game back and it looks like Jordy may not play and Lance has been doing well lately. Thx.
Sheriff Lucas Buck: Conscience is just the fear of getting caught.

Tyler Durden: We have jobs we dont like to buy sh!t we don't need

#1567 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

Vernon Davis or Greg Olsen?

#1568 sying

sying

Speedy1961 Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

Pick two, should I start Greg Jennings (GB vs Det) or Lance Moore (NO vs NYG) or Mike Williams (TB vs Philly). Leaning for Greg and Lance since its Greg's 2nd game back and it looks like Jordy may not play and Lance has been doing well lately. Thx.

Definitely Lance, but I say Mike Williams for the potential for the big play.

#1569 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Picked up Alex Green since Starks is done. I still think Dwyer is a better start this week over him though.

#1570 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

J. Flacco or B. Roethlisberger or R. Wilson?

I could also drop one of these and pick up N. Foles. And yes, I noticed my QBs suck. I'm the second seed in my league and probably one of the people who's getting knockout in the first round.

#1571 sying

sying

Speedy1961 Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

J. Flacco or B. Roethlisberger or R. Wilson?

I could also drop one of these and pick up N. Foles. And yes, I noticed my QBs suck. I'm the second seed in my league and probably one of the people who's getting knockout in the first round.

Drop Rapeaburger for Foles? If he isn't coming back anytime soon, he is worthless to you in the playoffs...

#1572 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

Vernon Davis or Greg Olsen?

I'm thinking Olsen especially w/ LaFell out.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#1573 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Tough Decisions this week.
Do I start Gresham at TE who has been consistent or do I give Meyers on Oak a shot?
3rd WR if Shorts is out do I go with Hilton/James Jones/Alexander I was thinking Hilton or Jones

And for D Bal against Wash or Clev against KC (I know KC sucks but sometimes....)

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#1574 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

8-5 playoff team here (lost the last 3 games!). What are the chances that McFadden gets the majority of carries tonight?
Play 2:

McFadden
Reese
K. Moreno
Lynch
Montell Owens

Currently have it set at Knowshon and Lynch, mainly because I have a feeling Oakland is going to have a split backfield tonight. As for Owens... I've got no clue on this guy... was just grabbing at straws to fill the bench.
Posted Image

#1575 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

I'd stick with Moreno and Lynch.

#1576 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

8-5 playoff team here (lost the last 3 games!). What are the chances that McFadden gets the majority of carries tonight?
Play 2:

McFadden
Reese
K. Moreno
Lynch
Montell Owens

Currently have it set at Knowshon and Lynch, mainly because I have a feeling Oakland is going to have a split backfield tonight. As for Owens... I've got no clue on this guy... was just grabbing at straws to fill the bench.

Hard to say about McFadden. It's been reported that Marcel Reece will continue to get some of the reps for them as the runningback. I would be surprised to see him get the majority of the workload since he is barely coming back from an injury but you never know

#1577 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

If Tynes had scored 1.5 more points, I woulda been first seed and played the weakest opponent.

Instead I got the Brees, Martin, Marshall guy lets hope for bad games!!
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#1578 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Also another playoff team picked up Gronk so if he comes back, I am gonna be really mad

#1579 TheCapedCrusader

TheCapedCrusader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

Which TE to start for this week (need this week to seal off a playoff spot!):
A) Vernon Davis
B) Jermichael Finley
C) Martellus Bennett

32.gif

CLICK THE BATMAN LOGO FOR MY TRADELIST

#1580 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

I would say Bennett probably. They play the saints.

#1581 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

To make the playoffs in my CAG league, I need my team and two others to win this week (if one of the three loses, I'm out). My fault for being in this position for (basically) not drafting a QB, TE, or RB2 though, so I'm happy I still even have a chance to make the playoffs. I did make the playoffs in my two main leagues, so I'm content with 2/3.

If I can avoid the curse of one and done this year in the playoffs, that would be awesome too. So far, over the last three years in one of my longest running leagues, I've been 1st seed (posted my season low in the first game of the playoffs and lost), 2nd seed (posted my season low in the first game of the playoffs and lost), and 1st seed (was #2 in scoring for the week, but played the #1 and lost). This season, I'm the 6th seed with a few sketchy starters, but I'm hoping that my team can keep it together and get me to my first league championship game.

#1582 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

Should I play Eric Decker or Kendall Wright?
Should I play Jacob Tamme or Jermichael Finley?

Thank you.
Posted Image

#1583 sying

sying

Speedy1961 Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

Should I play Eric Decker or Kendall Wright?
Should I play Jacob Tamme or Jermichael Finley?

Thank you.

Decker and Tamme

#1584 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

I think I might give Meyers at TE a shot....

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#1585 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

guy started Moreno over Gore this week!

Some people are stupid and only look at predictions and "matchups"

#1586 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

guy started Moreno over Gore this week!

Some people are stupid and only look at predictions and "matchups"

That actually isn't a bad play. Moreno was an RB2 before he got supplanted by McGahee, and he is the feature back now that McGahee is out for the season. Any running back that starts for Peyton Manning's team is always viable, and the Oakland matchup means that Denver should get up early and Moreno will get to grind out the clock.

If it was McGahee instead of Moreno, I'd put it at 100/0 for a McGahee over Gore start, but for Moreno, I'd put it 60/40 in favor of Moreno. Gore has been solid, but not always spectacular, and Miami's run defense is better than Oakland's. Also, Kapernick is vulturing TDs from the running game.

#1587 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

That actually isn't a bad play. Moreno was an RB2 before he got supplanted by McGahee, and he is the feature back now that McGahee is out for the season. Any running back that starts for Peyton Manning's team is always viable, and the Oakland matchup means that Denver should get up early and Moreno will get to grind out the clock.

If it was McGahee instead of Moreno, I'd put it at 100/0 for a McGahee over Gore start, but for Moreno, I'd put it 60/40 in favor of Moreno. Gore has been solid, but not always spectacular, and Miami's run defense is better than Oakland's. Also, Kapernick is vulturing TDs from the running game.

Moreno is more of a FLEX guy for me. Gore gets benched when injured and thats it....

#1588 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

Miami's run-D is good and Moreno has a TD. I'd say smart play.

#1589 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

Miami's run-D is good and Moreno has a TD. I'd say smart play.

its an odd RB scoring league, he only has 12.4 points. For me though, Gore is a pretty definite start. Like Chris Johnson, may have duds but you gotta ride it out

#1590 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

And down 40 points, thanks to huge games from Moreno and Prater in the only league I couldn't get Moreno. Dodged a bullet by not getting cute and starting Myers over Hernandez though, so at least I still have a whole roster to play. I really need the rule of any given Sunday to kick in, or else I'm one and done, again.