2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

• Please log in to reply
1766 replies to this topic

#1651 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

Those are the exact same running backs I have to decide between, and I'm going BJGE and Sproles. If this were the regular season and BJGE was continuing to underperform I might have taken a chance on Wilson, but it's the playoffs, BJGE is on a streak of good games, and Sproles is coming off of a monster game into a good matchup (for receivers, which is what Sproles basically is). While Wilson's matchup is amazing and he has the talent to put up a huge game, he could also fumble on his second carry of the night and Coughlin could bench him like he did in the first game of the season. I'd only risk starting Wilson if my other options were sketchy at best (like Bryce Brown, who still has a half to redeem himself).

I do play in a .5 PPR though, so I value Sproles a bit higher than I would in a standard league. I think I'd still start Sproles in a standard league, but I'd at least be considering Wilson.

Yeah, I went with BJGE and Sproles. I think Wilson is a case of the hype machine and I like both BJGE and Sproles matchups this week.

#1652 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

Have Green Ellis against Brown..so far its 14.5 points vs. 4.9...off to a good start.

Edit: Make that 2.3 for Brown :D

#1653 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

I am very mad that I started brown...like gonna lose about $300 mad

If Wilson has a great game, I am done
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#1654 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

Wow Brown didnt do jack. But Cinn D came through for me

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#1655 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

Anyone who can get, or has Cincy, their D is a must start this week.

Yuuuupp

#1656 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:23 AM

Chances Peterson makes up for Browns awful game? In my league, scoring about 120 is a pretty definite win.

Currently at 4 after tonight (holding back sadness)

#1657 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

I'll take 16 out of the Law Firm. That's a pretty solid week for him. Wish I would have started Cincy D. I had the choice between them, Seattle, and DET. I went with SEA.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#1658 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

I'll take 16 out of the Law Firm. That's a pretty solid week for him. Wish I would have started Cincy D. I had the choice between them, Seattle, and DET. I went with SEA.

Are you locked in with Seattle? Cause Detroit has the better match up.

#1659 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

Are you locked in with Seattle? Cause Detroit has the better match up.

Nope, players don't lock until the start of their games so I can change it all the way up to Sunday. You're probably right I should play them but for some reason I just don't trust Detroit. I don't know why but I just have a gut feeling that they're gonna screw me over. Seattle is on the road and their D doesn't play nearly as well as they do at home.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#1660 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Bradshaw is out, I really hate ESPN for how little they cover stuff sometimes

#1661 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

Damn... I wasn't sure I was starting him this week but I get nervous having to rely on CJ2K, Forte and Ridley...

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1662 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

I should have started Wilson not Brown do I risk putting in Brown over Forte?

CAG TradeList

#1663 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Andre Brown? He has a broken fibula and is on IR... Bryce Brown already played. Ronnie Brown sucks and probably won't play this week anyway. Antonio Brown is a WR - is that who you mean? Am I forgetting someone?

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1664 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Bradshaw is out, I really hate ESPN for how little they cover stuff sometimes

Yahoo has the same problem. Many times in the past, I've monitored probable and questionable players who Yahoo says are hurt, but good to go. Five minutes after kickoff, Yahoo updates to say they're inactive or out. Now if I'm questioning a player's status, I check Rotoworld directly. It isn't perfect, but it posts news updates much quicker than Yahoo does.

#1665 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Andre Brown? He has a broken fibula and is on IR... Bryce Brown already played. Ronnie Brown sucks and probably won't play this week anyway. Antonio Brown is a WR - is that who you mean? Am I forgetting someone?

:) Bryce Brown

CAG TradeList

#1666 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

Roddy White being questionable and a GTD scares me. If he starts, I start him, but I have to hope that he's healthy enough or makes the most of his limited opportunities to carry my team. Two weeks ago, I made a real dumb move and dropped Josh Gordon (after his four game streak of mediocrity, which he followed up with a two game hot streak and immediately got picked up off waivers after the first game), so if White is out, I have to pick between Roberts (with Plindsey), Bess (most likely out), or Avery (not a top option). I'm not pleased that any of those guys are even in consideration.

Anyone think Gronkowski will be back for week 16? Someone in my league just dropped him, and he would be a nice pickup option if he plays. I'd be dropping Brandon Myers, who is my TE3.

#1667 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

Start 2 WR, 2 RB and 1 WR/RB

WR- Roddy White
WR- Demaryius Thomas
WR- Danario Alexander
WR- Mike Williams

RB- Doug Martin
RB- Matt Forte
RB- David Wilson

Miami_13.png

Go Dolphins!

#1668 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

Roddy White being questionable and a GTD scares me. If he starts, I start him, but I have to hope that he's healthy enough or makes the most of his limited opportunities to carry my team. Two weeks ago, I made a real dumb move and dropped Josh Gordon (after his four game streak of mediocrity, which he followed up with a two game hot streak and immediately got picked up off waivers after the first game), so if White is out, I have to pick between Roberts (with Plindsey), Bess (most likely out), or Avery (not a top option). I'm not pleased that any of those guys are even in consideration.

Anyone think Gronkowski will be back for week 16? Someone in my league just dropped him, and he would be a nice pickup option if he plays. I'd be dropping Brandon Myers, who is my TE3.

Ummm who are your TE 1 & 2?

#1669 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

Start 2 WR, 2 RB and 1 WR/RB

WR- Roddy White
WR- Demaryius Thomas
WR- Danario Alexander
WR- Mike Williams

RB- Doug Martin
RB- Matt Forte
RB- David Wilson

Thomas Alexander Martin Wilson Williams

#1670 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

Pick two:

CJ Spiller (no Fred Jackson but playing against SEA run Def)
Ryan Mathews (been a bust all year long... but playing against Carolina)
David Wilson (had 29 points last week against the Saints and no Bradshaw)

Would any of you guys start Wilson over Mathews now that Bradshaw has been ruled out?

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#1671 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

Ummm who are your TE 1 & 2?

I have Hernandez and Rudolph (Myers might be better than Rudolph, but I'd just rather keep Rudolph because I have draft day attachment to him).

If you're wondering why I'm rostering 3 TEs, there was one week where Minnesota played on Thursday and Hernandez was ruled out on Friday, so I had to find another TE to start and someone just happened to have dropped Myers that week. I still have all three TEs because two playoff teams are starting Jermichael Finley and Marcedes Lewis (and the best waiver TE is Dallas Clark) and I feel that either Rudolph and Myers would be a strong upgrade for either team.

The news earlier today after my post ruled Gronkowski out for week 15 and has him targeting a week 17 return, so I canceled my waiver. Even if he does make an early return, I'd still start Hernandez over him, and should I make it to the fantasy championship, my two possible opponents have Jimmy Graham and Owen Daniels.

Edited by G33, 15 December 2012 - 09:20 AM.

#1672 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

I have Hernandez and Rudolph (Myers might be better than Rudolph, but I'd just rather keep Rudolph because I have draft day attachment to him).

If you're wondering why I'm rostering 3 TEs, there was one week where Minnesota played on Thursday and Hernandez was ruled out on Friday, so I had to find another TE to start and someone just happened to have dropped Myers that week. I still have all three TEs because two playoff teams are starting Jermichael Finley and Marcedes Lewis (and the best waiver TE is Dallas Clark) and I feel that either Rudolph and Myers would be a strong upgrade for either team.

The news earlier today after my post ruled Gronkowski out for week 15 and has him targeting a week 17 return, so I canceled my waiver. Even if he does make an early return, I'd still start Hernandez over him, and should I make it to the fantasy championship, my two possible opponents have Jimmy Graham and Owen Daniels.

No I was just curious who you had who is better. Right now, Myers is better than Rudolph but I drafted Rudolph ok almost every team I have so I understand. The problem is he has been either really great for you, or scores zero points.

In your situation I would stand pat with what I have A) not knowing if Gronk will even come back and B) what he will give you that one first game he does, and your title game. Not worth the risk. One of those three will be a better start than Gronk

#1673 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

So do I risk benching Forte hoping that Wilson will go nuts against ATL?

CAG TradeList

#1674 TheCapedCrusader

TheCapedCrusader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

So do I risk benching Forte hoping that Wilson will go nuts against ATL?

Yes, i'd def. start Wilson over Forte. Forte usually has his worst games when he plays GB and ATL D is very overrated...

32.gif

CLICK THE BATMAN LOGO FOR MY TRADELIST

#1675 TheCapedCrusader

TheCapedCrusader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

OK, which defense and QB should i play tomorrow!?

- QB: Matt Schaub, Eli Manning, or Russel Wilson
- Def: STL Rams D, 49ers D, or pick up Chargers D?

32.gif

CLICK THE BATMAN LOGO FOR MY TRADELIST

#1676 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

Here's my matchup for the week...pretty concerned about Doug Martin vs. the Saints and Detroit (or anyone else's) Defense against Arizona as Seattle put up in the 40's against them last week.

QB - Peyton Manning vs. BAL
WR -Demaryius Thomas vs. BAL
WR - Torrey Smith vs. DEN
WR - Santana Moss vs. CLE
RB - Jamaal Charles vs. OAK
RB - BJGE vs. PHI - 16.5 points
TE - Heath Miller vs. DAL
RB/WR/TE - Shonn Greene vs. TEN
K - Phil Dawson vs. WAS
DEF - Miami vs. JAX

Didn't want to start Moss but Jordy Nelson is still out.

My opponent

QB - Andrew Luck vs. HOU
WR - Dez Bryant vs. PIT
WR - Marques Colston vs. TB
WR - Justin Blackmon vs. MIA
RB - Ryan Mathews vs. CAR
RB - Doug Martin vs. NO
TE - Greg Olsen vs. SD
RB/WR/TE Bryce Brown vs. CIN - 5 points
K - Garret Hartley vs. TB
DEF - Detroit vs. ARI

No idea how its going to shake out...Bryant's finger might even end up having to be the difference maker.

#1677 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

Definitely start RG3 vs. Cleveland. He's going to tear them up.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#1678 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

RG3 is out.

#1679 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

Here's my matchup for the week...pretty concerned about Doug Martin vs. the Saints and Detroit (or anyone else's) Defense against Arizona as Seattle put up in the 40's against them last week.

QB - Peyton Manning vs. BAL
WR -Demaryius Thomas vs. BAL
WR - Torrey Smith vs. DEN
WR - Santana Moss vs. CLE
RB - Jamaal Charles vs. OAK
RB - BJGE vs. PHI - 16.5 points
TE - Heath Miller vs. DAL
RB/WR/TE - Shonn Greene vs. TEN
K - Phil Dawson vs. WAS
DEF - Miami vs. JAX

Didn't want to start Moss but Jordy Nelson is still out.

My opponent

QB - Andrew Luck vs. HOU
WR - Dez Bryant vs. PIT
WR - Marques Colston vs. TB
WR - Justin Blackmon vs. MIA
RB - Ryan Mathews vs. CAR
RB - Doug Martin vs. NO
TE - Greg Olsen vs. SD
RB/WR/TE Bryce Brown vs. CIN - 5 points
K - Garret Hartley vs. TB
DEF - Detroit vs. ARI

No idea how its going to shake out...Bryant's finger might even end up having to be the difference maker.

Looks bleak for you bud.

#1680 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

Obviously it's a situation I'll have to keep an eye on, but since Dez Bryant is intending to play (last I heard anyways), should I put him in as my WR3 or play it safe and keep Ty Hilton (Hou) in there?

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png