2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

• Please log in to reply
1766 replies to this topic

#1681 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

Josh Freeman (vs NO) or Matt Ryan (vs NYG)?

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#1682 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

OK, which defense and QB should i play tomorrow!?

- QB: Matt Schaub, Eli Manning, or Russel Wilson
- Def: STL Rams D, 49ers D, or pick up Chargers D?

Eli and the Rams. I like Eli much better than Schaub or Wilson, and I pick the Rams through process of elimination. I would not start any defense against NE, and I'd be hesitant to start any defense against a hot Cam Newton, so Rams it is. Keep expectations low because Peterson should shred them, but maybe they can take advantage of Ponder's poor play.

Obviously it's a situation I'll have to keep an eye on, but since Dez Bryant is intending to play (last I heard anyways), should I put him in as my WR3 or play it safe and keep Ty Hilton (Hou) in there?

I'd honestly just start Hilton. Dez is the better fantasy receiver by a large margin, but Hilton has been doing pretty well (albeit inconsistent) and Romo could easily just favor Witten and Austin with Dez being limited.

Josh Freeman (vs NO) or Matt Ryan (vs NYG)?

If you subscribe to the idea of start your studs, go with Ryan, but I don't think you can go wrong with either. I think Freeman will have the better day, but Ryan is the safer play.

#1683 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

Still back and forth on my defense. I guess I have until 3:00 to decide as both are afternoon games. Detroit has the better match up but I think Seattle is the better defense overall. Seattle is on the road and they don't typically play as well as they do at home. I just have this gut feeling that Detroit will screw me somehow if I start them.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#1684 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

My match up this week for the right to go to the Superbowl:

My team:
Freeman
A. Foster
BJGE-16
D.Thomas
Welker
D. Alexander
Witten
Bryant
SEA (or DET)

HIM:
E. Manning
R. Rice
C.J. Spiller
M. Turner
A. Johnson
E. Decker
Pettigrew (he's showing out so I assume he'll change to Pitta)
Dawson
Ravens

#1685 SpitFire158

SpitFire158

Gears 2 = awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

R. Bush (vs Jac) or Moreno (@ Bal) Standard Yahoo league

I'm thinking of going with Bush as he's playing a worse defense.

#1686 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

Greene or David Wilson???

#1687 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

I think Wilson has a better shot of doing amazing things over Greene

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#1688 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Another last minute question. Up until last night was pretty set on Alfred Morris, but with RGIII out, do you think Morris could actually run more or the Brown's defense will try to gang up on Morris?

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#1689 ninju D

ninju D

Paid the cost...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

This decision could make or break my whole season. Start Rodgers or Big Ben.

#1690 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Go with Rogers

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#1691 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Garcon or Dwyer at the flex? non ppr
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1692 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

Still back and forth on my defense. I guess I have until 3:00 to decide as both are afternoon games. Detroit has the better match up but I think Seattle is the better defense overall. Seattle is on the road and they don't typically play as well as they do at home. I just have this gut feeling that Detroit will screw me somehow if I start them.

I'd put Detroit at 3-18 points this week, most likely around 8-9. Barring an implosion, I can't see Seattle scoring less than 8 with potential for much more, so I'd go with the better defense over the better matchup.

R. Bush (vs Jac) or Moreno (@ Bal) Standard Yahoo league

I'm thinking of going with Bush as he's playing a worse defense.

I like Moreno as the running back on a better team with a better QB. I haven't really been paying attention to Bush, but from what I remember, he's cooled off quite a bit since the start of the season and a lot of people are disappointed with his starts, so unless he's turned it around in the past two weeks, I wouldn't start him over Moreno.

Another last minute question. Up until last night was pretty set on Alfred Morris, but with RGIII out, do you think Morris could actually run more or the Brown's defense will try to gang up on Morris?

I'd still start Morris. I feel that Cousins should do enough to keep the pass defense honest that I'm still starting Pierre Garcon, although I have tempered expectations from him.

#1693 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Morris and all three two one of my three receivers (Wayne, Hilton Julio Jones) shitting the bed this week. Only saving grace so far has been Richardson, Brees, and Denver. At least Ryan and White haven't helped my opponent, and with them in the lead, hoping Atlanta just runs the ball from here on out.

Edit: And how about that. Hilton just had a nice TD.

Edit 2: And now Jones with a TD. Sure my opponent has Ryan, but it didn't go to White or Gonzalez. The fantasy gods have heard my plea.

Edit 3: Time to complain about Lawrence Tynes. Points are bound to start incoming now, right?

Edited by JStryke, 16 December 2012 - 07:58 PM.

JStryker416.png

#1694 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Should I start Greg Olsen or Tony Scheffler?

Pettigrew is likely out. My QB is Stafford and opponent has Cam Newton. Right now I have Olsen starting. But Lafell is active today.

Miami_13.png

Go Dolphins!

#1695 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Down 17 at the moment and we both pretty much have everyone playing right now. Of course Roddy White and Cruz are doing nothing and Cruz just got hammered but worst of all I have Cobb and Jones on the bench and they have over 30 points already between them. Looks like my season is going down.

#1696 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck! Josh Freeman is screwing me bigtime!

#1697 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

Torrey Smith and the Ravens suck!

#1698 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

I am up by 28 right now but I only have Golden Tate and my opponent has Ridley and the ARI defense. Really wish Cruz had put up more than 2 points.

#1699 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

Torrey Smith got hurt. Just an FYI. But yeah, the Ravens suck.

#1700 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

Up by 74 and he has Gore, Jason Hanson, and Denario Alexander left and I only have Aaron Hernandez. Feeling pretty good about it. Wayne sucked, but he had White, Bryce Brown, and the St Louis Defense.

Looks like I'm getting at worse $100 with the chance to make it $150. I just need our pharmacist to win his matchup against our AP guy (although it doesn't look good). Really don't want to face Brandon Marshall and AP twice in three weeks.

JStryker416.png

#1701 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

All I need is Mikel Leshoure to have 113 yds and 3 TDs or 173 yds and 2 TDs. UGH!

If Matt Ryan could have just got White into the mix instead of Jones, we would have been very close there was a 20 point difference right there for me.

#1702 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

A 1.96 from Freeman against the Saints? REALLY? This is what is going to ruin my season??? I'm still in it but if he had put up even 10 points I'd feel much better.

I have Brady, Ridley, Wallace and CJ2K left and my opponent has Romo, Gore, Hernandez and Bailey left. I'm up by 20 points right now. I really want this one.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1703 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

I'm dumbfounded as to how Tampa Bay got shut out by New Orleans. I can see losing 21-41 or something like that, but for both Freeman and Martin to get shut out against a defense that just got destroyed by Eli and Wilson last week was unexpected.

Although, the Giants also got nothing this week, so I guess it's just the rule of any given Sunday wrecking havoc, like always.

#1704 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Doug Martin and Connor Barth killed me. My 11-3 team had won 10 straight. I need Crabtree to score 25. Oh well. 2 other leagues still in play.

#1705 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Someone just punch me in the face for starting Dwyer over DeAngelo Williams again please? Fuck Shittsburgh and the entire team.

Miami_13.png

Go Dolphins!

#1706 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Looks like M.Stafford might end up screwing me this week...should have started matt ryan instead.

#1707 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

A 1.96 from Freeman against the Saints? REALLY? This is what is going to ruin my season??? I'm still in it but if he had put up even 10 points I'd feel much better.

I have Brady, Ridley, Wallace and CJ2K left and my opponent has Romo, Gore, Hernandez and Bailey left. I'm up by 20 points right now. I really want this one.

...aaaaaand I'm losing by 10 points now. Romo is going off and even Bailey is above projections already. Of course Mike Wallace isn't doing shit. I'm never drafting a WR above the 10th round again. Even Julio Jones has been wildly inconsistent this season.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1708 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

Fuck you Stafford, holy shit you fucking suck. Way to lay an egg against Arizona you bum.

Miami_13.png

Go Dolphins!

#1709 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

Can't believe S. Janikowski is putting 19 points for my opponent. I've scored 121 with R. Wilson and M. Lynch left playing and they already sat M. Lynch. Right now my opponent has 99 points with C. Spiller and the 49er D left. What sucks is I'm a Niners fan, so I'm rooting hard for the Niners to shut down the Pats.

This is making me crazy:
Me (121.30) Opponent (100.34)
R. Wilson - 39.40 A. Rogers - 24.94
D. Martin - 3.50 A. Bradshaw - IA
M. Lynch - 18.70 C. Spiller - 16.10
J. Jones - 21.20 R. White - 1.60
J. Jordon - 2.70 M. Colston - 6.00
D. Clark - 4.20 M. Bennett - 1.50
D. Wilson - 6.60 A. Peterson - 31.20
P. Dawson - 3.0 S. Janikowski - 19.00
Bengals D - 22.00 49ers D - haven't played yet

Edited by winterice, 17 December 2012 - 12:24 AM.

#1710 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

Wow....Arizona's defense (YES ARIZONA) has 26 points....I'm up by 4 but my opponent has Ridley to play tonight and I'm done. Congrats man.