2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

• Please log in to reply
1766 replies to this topic

#181 rhymenoceros

rhymenoceros

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

Just finished our draft, a couple managers dropped out so we were left with a six manager league. Makes the roster that much harder to deal with now. Here's how my draft panned out as I was the 5th pick.

QB: Drew Brees, Michael Vick
WR: Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Brandon Lloyd, Eric Decker
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Steven Jackson, Fred Jackson, Frank Gore
TE: Vernon Davis (keeping an eye on Fred Davis and Jason Witten also since they're both still available)
K: Zuerlein (I decided to have a little fun and go with Greg the Leg since STL should, in theory, be able to get better position and he makes 50 yarders look like chip shots)
D: HOU

So, how'd ya think I did overall with my picks? I'm a bit iffy about some of them, but ultimately, I think I'm pretty happy, just wish I had been able to grab Graham or Hernandez early enough.

#182 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Here we go motherfuckers!!!!! God I can't wait for the season to start tomorrow. I've got Bradshaw going in the game but more importantly, the Giants begin their title defense!!!

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#183 gravel

gravel

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

Just had my draft with my family last night. I wasn't paying attention, so I ended up with a bunch of people on the same bye, and also ended up with both Falcons receivers. I had the third pick:
1-Lesean McCoy
2-Roddy White
3-Cam Newton
4-Julio Jones
5-Willis McGahee
6-Antonio Gates
7-Doug Martin
8-49ers D/ST
9-DeAngelo Williams
10-Nate Washington
11-Ryan Williams
12-Darrius Heyward-Bey
13-Sam Bradford
14-Stephen Gostkowski
15-Martellus Bennett
16-Tim Tebow

I can't wait for the season to start. Anyone doing Eliminator or Pick'em on ESPN? Any interest in a CAG group? I'm also doing a Perfect Challenge on nfl.com if there is any interest in a league/group on there.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Arkham Origins
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Inazuma Eleven
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed

#184 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

Just finished our draft, a couple managers dropped out so we were left with a six manager league. Makes the roster that much harder to deal with now. Here's how my draft panned out as I was the 5th pick.

QB: Drew Brees, Michael Vick
WR: Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Brandon Lloyd, Eric Decker
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Steven Jackson, Fred Jackson, Frank Gore
TE: Vernon Davis (keeping an eye on Fred Davis and Jason Witten also since they're both still available)
K: Zuerlein (I decided to have a little fun and go with Greg the Leg since STL should, in theory, be able to get better position and he makes 50 yarders look like chip shots)
D: HOU

So, how'd ya think I did overall with my picks? I'm a bit iffy about some of them, but ultimately, I think I'm pretty happy, just wish I had been able to grab Graham or Hernandez early enough.

I thought you did pretty well. I like your WR corp and you've got a couple solid QB's. Did Vick keep dropping in your draft too? The two big TE's went way early in my league this year. I had the first pick so I got Arian Foster. By the time the draft snaked back around to me in the second round Gronk and Graham were long gone.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#185 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

Just had my draft with my family last night. I wasn't paying attention, so I ended up with a bunch of people on the same bye, and also ended up with both Falcons receivers. I had the third pick:
1-Lesean McCoy
2-Roddy White
3-Cam Newton
4-Julio Jones
5-Willis McGahee
6-Antonio Gates
7-Doug Martin
8-49ers D/ST
9-DeAngelo Williams
10-Nate Washington
11-Ryan Williams
12-Darrius Heyward-Bey
13-Sam Bradford
14-Stephen Gostkowski
15-Martellus Bennett
16-Tim Tebow

I can't wait for the season to start. Anyone doing Eliminator or Pick'em on ESPN? Any interest in a CAG group? I'm also doing a Perfect Challenge on nfl.com if there is any interest in a league/group on there.

I did that last year. Both my QB's had the same bye week (Eli & Vick. I actually ended up dropping Eli early and grabbing Cam. Then, like a moron, I traded Cam for DJAX since my WR corp was so weak. Right after that was when Vick got hurt and DJAX decided not to try. Hopefully I will have better luck this year.

#186 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

Trying to figure out what to do starting lineup wise in one of my leagues at running back. Assuming Trent Richardson is out for week one, Deangelo Williams gets the start. But not sure about my second spt.

MJD
CJ Spiller
Shonne Greene

Considering Greene against Buffalo's run defense. MJD is tempting, but I have to wonder how much he'll actually play week 1.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#187 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:44 AM

You are in Yikes mode for week 1 and maybe beyond.

#188 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

Figured i'd finally hop into this thread, loved it last year.

What yall think about a Harvin for Ryan trade. I'm half tempted to cancel it and wait and hope Ryan does blow up week 1. Although I think Harvin might as well early this year and I need WR help.. The guy has Dalton and Ponder as starters.

My team was last pick in a 12 man deep league, 6 points passing td

Week 1 starters
QB-Stafford
RB-Lynch, S. Jackson
WR-Austin, V. Jackson
W/R-Gore
W/T-Lance Moore
D-Ravens
K-Hartley

Bench
Ryan

Ridley
Felix Jones
Gerhardt

D. Moore
LaFell
G. Olsen
Burelson

#189 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

Had first pick, 12 team league, point every 15 return yards:

QB - Aaron Rodgers
WR - Brandon Lloyd
WR - Robert Meachem
WR - Devin Hester
RB - Ryan Mathews
RB - Trent Richardson
TE - Brandon Pettigrew
Flex - Doug Martin
Flex - Leon Washington
BN - Kevin Smith
BN - Roy Helu
BN - Brandon Tate
BN - Jacoby Ford
BN - Jacquizz Rodgers
BN - Davone Bess

K - Garrett Hartley
DEF - Jets (going to stream defenses, I think)
D - Jean Pierre-Paul

Probably going to shuttle Ford for Preston Parker, since he's the slot WR for Tampa and he's returning both kicks and punts.

Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

ThroneofSeth.png

#190 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

QB - Aaron Rodgers
WR - Brandon Lloyd
WR - Robert Meachem
WR - Devin Hester
RB - Ryan Mathews
RB - Trent Richardson
TE - Brandon Pettigrew
Flex - Doug Martin
Flex - Leon Washington
BN - Kevin Smith
BN - Roy Helu
BN - Brandon Tate
BN - Jacoby Ford
BN - Jacquizz Rodgers
BN - Davone Bess

K - Garrett Hartley
D - Jean Pierre-Paul

Probably going to shuttle Ford for Preston Parker, since he's the slot WR for Tampa and he's returning both kicks and punts.

You are HURTING at WR. But with a league that deep you're gonna have to hope something falls to you in the waiver wire. You also might consider Tate in the flex over Leon Washington, who is basically return man only at this point. Keep Jaquizz all season, should pay off later on.

EDIT: Just saw you get return yards. My bad, forget my Tate comment. You're still crazy thin at WR, even with Hester getting return yards.

#191 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

So I dropped Benson and picked up Redman, which may have been a poor move. Should I start MJD? What about D, do I go with Bal or Seattle?

Ive also got 1 WR spot open this week, Boldin, Crabtree, DeSean Jackson, or Floyd ?

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#192 SIUfan

SIUfan

Amber Lamps, get dem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

I'm in a 10 man ppr league. My team looks like this:

QB - M. Stafford
RB - D. McFadden
RB - T. Richardson
WR - A.J. Green
WR - G. Jennings
TE - V. Davis
Flex (QB/RB/WR/TE) - M. Colston
K - J. Hanson
DEF - Detroit
BN - W. McGahee RB
BN - T. Smith WR
BN - D. Heyward-Bey WR
BN - T. Young WR
BN - D. Williams RB
BN - M. Williams WR

I am very deep at WR seeing as I forgot to draft a backup QB or a QB i could use in flex.

What are your thoughts/comments on my draft please?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Tradelist

I don't think its a problem with the battery because the lights and radio come on. .

#193 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

QB - Aaron Rodgers
WR - Brandon Lloyd
WR - Robert Meachem
WR - Devin Hester
RB - Ryan Mathews
RB - Trent Richardson
TE - Brandon Pettigrew
Flex - Doug Martin
Flex - Leon Washington
BN - Kevin Smith
BN - Roy Helu
BN - Brandon Tate
BN - Jacoby Ford
BN - Jacquizz Rodgers
BN - Davone Bess

K - Garrett Hartley
D - Jean Pierre-Paul

First overall pick and you chose Rodgers? Wow. Not trying to be an ass, but you kind of doomed yourself from the start. Your WR are horrible for a 12 team league considering, and you don't have much for bench options or even much room to make a move to acquire anyone with value at WR. Maybe try to trade Mathews or Richardson for top tier WR, since you have Doug Martin/Kevin Smith to take spots at RB. Or try to trade Martin now while his name value is pretty high, because, well... as a Tampa Bay fan, our expectations of having a big-time HB are always crushed. Lol. Hell, I'd even try to trade Rodgers to the guy that has Matt Ryan (considering he has someone else to pair with Ryan to make the trade worthwhile).

I may eat my words on this, but... Check the Waiver Wire for maybe Stephen Hill or Danny Amendola, they went undrafted in most drafts and should have decent seasons. Amendola should be Bradford's #1 target in StL, and Hill has been the only WR (on a short staff in NYJ) that appears primed to do, well, anything.

I do like the Leon Washington/Hester picks, but you can't really bank on returners from week to week.

#194 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

So I dropped Benson and picked up Redman, which may have been a poor move. Should I start MJD? What about D, do I go with Bal or Seattle?

Ive also got 1 WR spot open this week, Boldin, Crabtree, DeSean Jackson, or Floyd ?

I think it comes down to Crabtree or DeSean Jackson, and I'd go with the latter. Kind of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I may be the only guy that likes Benson in Green Bay. Rodgers may get the Packers close to the endzone a lot, and Benson is just that guy to punch it in for them. I like Benson in the long haul vs. Redman, where Mendenhall will obviously be back to claim what's his.

#195 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

Seattle is the best defensive team start this week

#196 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

I dislike cutting Benson for Redman as well, Mendy already looking good they saying. Cedric in that offense won't have big yards but might have several games with Jerome Bettis like stat lines: 3 rushes, 3 yards, 3 tds lol

Seahawks over Ravens this week, but why do you own 2 D's? Draft 1 good D and 1 K play whoever in they bye week.

My Harvin for Ryan trade was denied and the guy txts me he'll give me Holmes instead. Fuck him, watch him come begging in a few weeks after running with Dalton and Ponder. Plus this could be the 1st year Madden ruins 2 first round picks, I like Ryan backing up Stafford in 6 pt passing td league. lol

Edit: SIU, is there any QBs out there at all? I imagine with 2 being able to start most owners will start 2 every week plus have 1 benched.

Edited by $hady, 05 September 2012 - 09:52 PM.

#197 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

you guys are all forgetting that kuhn is the packers battering ram, and is paid handsomely for it ;)

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#198 gravel

gravel

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:42 AM

Seattle is the best defensive team start this week

What about Houston? They play Miami starting a very raw rookie QB, missing three offensive lineman.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Arkham Origins
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Inazuma Eleven
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed

#199 Duo_Maxwell

Duo_Maxwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

What about Houston? They play Miami starting a very raw rookie QB, missing three offensive lineman.

Yeah I've got to go with Houston or maybe Philly being the best defense starts. Don't forget team defense also relies on the teams offense somewhat, you can't have an offense that potentially just gives the ball right back to the other team every time. Both Philly and Houston are set much better offensively than Seattle, especially possibly without Marshawn Lynch. Plus IMO both Houston and Philly D are more complete than Seattle as well and Arizona at least has proven weapons on offense (but nobody to throw to them...)

#200 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:08 AM

Damn! Maybe I should've started Romo. I hope Vick can at least match his points. My luck he'll get popped in the ribs and go down after losing a fumble.

#201 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:33 AM

He said seatle D was best because the question was Ravens or Seahawks.

172k Ogletree adds last I looked several hours ago. Yahoo private league defaults were set to Sunday-Tuesday waivers guess nobody caught it lol... Public leagues he a free agent. My league on ESPN he is on waivers but the others I don't run already claimed. Next Laurent Robinson, maybe not but worth a FA flyer!

#202 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

Thankfully I didn't hop on the giants receivers early in my drafts like I thought about...

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#203 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

172k Ogletree adds last I looked several hours ago. Yahoo private league defaults were set to Sunday-Tuesday waivers guess nobody caught it lol... Public leagues he a free agent. My league on ESPN he is on waivers but the others I don't run already claimed. Next Laurent Robinson, maybe not but worth a FA flyer!

No I still think Seattle is the best D this week period. We'll see how it pans out.

#204 ScottBigGame

ScottBigGame

CAG 4-Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

Thankfully I didn't hop on the giants receivers early in my drafts like I thought about...

Why because of one game. Those guys are studs.

I put Miles Austin in last minute last night, worked out pretty good.
Posted Image

#205 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

Oh man, Bradshaw is going to have a long year if the OL doesn't step it up. What a disaster.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#206 Mike23

Mike23

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

Bradshaw scored well for not much being there, to be honest...

In other news, Moore (NO) or Meachum (SD)? Half-PPR.
Posted Image

#207 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

This is the silliest thing I've ever read. It's one game.

#208 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

I wouldn't count on him getting anywhere near those numbers the rest of the year unless Witten and Austin are gimped I think he scored so many points because of a perfect storm last night. 3rd string corner + Witten & Austin not nearly 100%

#209 SIUfan

SIUfan

Amber Lamps, get dem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

I dislike cutting Benson for Redman as well, Mendy already looking good they saying. Cedric in that offense won't have big yards but might have several games with Jerome Bettis like stat lines: 3 rushes, 3 yards, 3 tds lol

Seahawks over Ravens this week, but why do you own 2 D's? Draft 1 good D and 1 K play whoever in they bye week.

My Harvin for Ryan trade was denied and the guy txts me he'll give me Holmes instead. Fuck him, watch him come begging in a few weeks after running with Dalton and Ponder. Plus this could be the 1st year Madden ruins 2 first round picks, I like Ryan backing up Stafford in 6 pt passing td league. lol

Edit: SIU, is there any QBs out there at all? I imagine with 2 being able to start most owners will start 2 every week plus have 1 benched.

There are a few in on waivers that I'm looking at, I flubbed up at the draft. Normally I'd have two.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Tradelist

I don't think its a problem with the battery because the lights and radio come on. .

#210 rhymenoceros

rhymenoceros

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

With Lynch questionable with back spasms, should I risk starting him at flex or play Brandon Lloyd, Decker or Gore? Questions, questions!