2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

• Please log in to reply
1766 replies to this topic

#241 ThisHnmdsmeDevil

ThisHnmdsmeDevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:45 AM

should I start Cedric Benson or Ben Tate or Toby Gerhart or pick up Isaac redman? I currently only have Benson but am wondering to drop him for the other?

#242 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:56 AM

Ben Tate, MJD, and Michael Turner. Need 2 out of the 3, can't decide which to go for. Turner is my only easy decision, knowing he'll play all game.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#243 SIUfan

SIUfan

Amber Lamps, get dem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:58 AM

Should I take a chance on Richardson or start Deangelo Williams in his place?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Tradelist

I don't think its a problem with the battery because the lights and radio come on. .

#244 sying

sying

Speedy1961 Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:06 AM

Ben Tate, MJD, and Michael Turner. Need 2 out of the 3, can't decide which to go for. Turner is my only easy decision, knowing he'll play all game.

I would go MJD and Turner, at least MJD is a 3rd down back according to HC Mularkey

#245 sying

sying

Speedy1961 Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:11 AM

Start two RB from these: LeSean McCoy , MJD, Darren Sproles, Doug Martin

#246 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:34 AM

All right I need some last minute advice on who to start in my WR/TE flex spot. It's a PPR, 1 pt/10 yards league.

WR-Titus Young (STL)
TE-Fred Davis (@NO)
TE-Greg Olsen (@TB)

Right now I have Davis starting but feel Young could have a great game with less receptions.

Greg Olsen

#247 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:38 AM

I would go McCoy & Martin. The other two will get limited touches because of the other RB(s) in the rotation. Or in the case of MJD the fact that he's just coming off a holdout so his carries will be limited.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#248 gravel

gravel

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

I'd start Tate over Benson and Gerhart. Likewise Tate and Turner over MJD. DeAngelo Williams over Richardson. McCoy and Martin over Sproles and MJD. I think Tate should have a big game. If Foster doesn't go, he gets the whole workload in a game that shouldn't be close and if Foster does go, and the game isn't close, I can see them limiting Arian's touches once it gets out of hand.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Arkham Origins
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Pokemon Y
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed,

#249 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

Everybody add your scoring for your league in your posts it helps because as you know there is a difference in starting say Darren Sproles in a ppr league than in a standard scoring league. MJD and Turner. Watch the morning reports Arian Foster has been dealing with a knee injury and was ,I think, questionable so he could sit at the last minute. If he did sit Tate and Turner. Heck being that Foster is a bit dinged I expect Tate to get 10 to 15 carries anyway if you like to gamble he could be the better play outright as I think MJD will get light work today(10 - 15 carries also but not in football shape yet).
Posted Image

#250 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

If PPR - Sproles and McCoy

Standard Scoring - McCoy and Martin
Posted Image

#251 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

Tampa Bay run defense last year was the gift that kept giving. And from what I heard they haven't improved. DeAngelo is a talented back and with the J. Stew questionable if not out outright I go DeAngelo.
Posted Image

#252 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

should I start Cedric Benson or Ben Tate or Toby Gerhart or pick up Isaac redman? I currently only have Benson but am wondering to drop him for the other?

I like Gerhart today. AP is going to be monitored closely and Gerhart proved himself to be a legit back in this league. Also I wouldn't drop any back you have for Redman. I believe Dwyer will have that job soon.
Posted Image

#253 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

Stewart is out, Foster is likely to play.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#254 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

Anybody think Tate will still see touches today? Foster is playing I know but I could see him being limited in his carries

#255 Kilraven

Kilraven

Mighty Meth Power!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

I'd keep and start Benson. The Packers have no other running backs. Srsly. Starks blew it, Grant is gone. Saine, Green? Not likely. Even though I feel Benson is overrated and possibly past his prime, I can't see him not being the man there. Tate has great upside today. Foster is playing, but I suspect Houston will keep him on a short leash given they're playing Miami. Tate at a bare minimum is splitting carries. Toby is going to be the man in Minny soon. If not sometime this year, it will be next. AP has been the beast for awhile, but isn't going to last - just ask LT. All 3 of these guys have upside. Redman is not going to usurp Mendy. He's a placeholder, at best, and might not make it past week 2.

Tate. MJD may not get any play time out of spite. Tate will get much more, and is on a far better offense.

DeAngelo. Not only have they paid the man, Stewart tweeted he doesn't look to play today. Stewart tweeted it, not analysts. Trent is still questionable, and given last years debacle, I can't see the Browns not playing it safe with their future back.

McCoy and Sproles. You know what they can do. MJD is a question mark for me this week, and Martin is unproven. I never leave a game in the hands of a player that has never played in an NFL game. Preseason doesn't count. If he does good this week, then you know. If not, then you'll feel like every one who drafted Daniel Thomas last year.

#256 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

Can't decide whether to start Ben Tate or Foster. Ugh.

Already wishing I had just drafted Rice.

#257 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

I have Tate, Demaryius Thomas, or Boldin for a flex play...

#258 Kilraven

Kilraven

Mighty Meth Power!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

If I'm wrong, don't curse my name too much. But I think Tate is the safer play here. I don't think the Dolphins have any shot in this game. If that happens, Tate should wind up getting the majority of touches - including scrub time. I can't see Houston risking further injury to Foster if the game becomes a blow out.

#259 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

Marshawn Lynch or Robert Turbin?

#260 Kilraven

Kilraven

Mighty Meth Power!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

I have Tate, Demaryius Thomas, or Boldin for a flex play...

Thomas. Crazy, but I think Peyton will light it up to prove a point. Boldin plays a Cincy secondary that I like. I love me some Tate this week, but man, Thomas has so much potential in this game.

#261 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

Pick two : Ronnie Brown, Doug Martin, Frank Gore, or Ben Tate.

I'm leaning towards Martin and Gore, but Brown is interesting with Mathews out. The same goes with Tate regarding Foster's health.

#262 Kilraven

Kilraven

Mighty Meth Power!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

Marshawn Lynch or Robert Turbin?

Lynch. Again, I can't start unproven backs in week 1. Moreso, if said back played for Utah State and blew his knee a year ago (or two, can't remember).

#263 Kilraven

Kilraven

Mighty Meth Power!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Pick two : Ronnie Brown, Doug Martin, Frank Gore, or Ben Tate.

I'm leaning towards Martin and Gore, but Brown is interesting with Mathews out. The same goes with Tate regarding Foster's health.

As a Niner's fan, I love me some Gore. That said, Jacobs is going to leach the Hell out of Gore's touches. Especially with Harbaugh suggesting going easy on Gore this year. Brown I think is the man this week. With no Tolbert, I'm not sure who else to trust there.

For me, I'd go Tate/Brown.

#264 Kilraven

Kilraven

Mighty Meth Power!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

For anyone that actually listen to me and played Tate over Foster: I'm sorry.

#265 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

For anyone that actually listen to me and played Tate over Foster: I'm sorry.

Haha. I played Tate over Thomas and my opponent played Foster...Not a great start (tho I'm only down 7 right now)

However, Michael Bush with 16 points off the bench? What a shock!

#266 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

Should have started Alfred Morris over Michael Turner this week. Do you think I should start Morris over Turner next week?
Posted Image

#267 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

wow...welker did nothing. MJD barely put up 10 pts.

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#268 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

Damn, really should have started Matt Ryan in the leagues I had him in.

#269 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

Fred Jackson's injury really put a dent in my points. Spiller is a free agent, I guess I'll need to pick him up.

#270 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

I predict Morris will get a lot of waiver adds this week.