CAGger Harassment : What to Do? (psn: crisiscoreffvii)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guimengo

Hey,

I have a question. A fellow CAGger whose username I do not know (PSN username is crisiscoreffvii) PMed me on PSN over a post regarding GT5's price drop and was extremely rude, making accusations, calling me something, and making wrong assumptions. To close his "excellently written" paragraph, he said he had me blocked. If necessary I'll transcribe the PM.

I reported him to SONY over the grief report under bullying/harassment but who knows if they'll even care. I sent a polite response but who knows if he'll ever unblock me and read it. I write because I honestly am at a loss for words over this situation, and I cannot do a search for him based off his username.

Thanks and in case I've posted in the wrong place, my apologies.

http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=crisiscoreffvii

Last edited:
I updated the first post as I spelled out Final Fantasy instead of putting it as his ps name was. About what's bothering, as quoted above I am bothered by not being able to respond properly. I cannot accept that this guy would gladly behave in such moronic manner to complete stranger (me) who hasn't attacked anyone and always been polite. I feel (and hope) that with a right to respond everything can be clarified and he'll not do it again.

So basically you just want to have the last word.

It's a random person on the internet, this shouldn't bother you that much.

[quote name='blindinglights']So basically you just want to have the last word.

It's a random person on the internet, this shouldn't bother you that much.[/QUOTE]

I am not going to call him things or anything, it's just very annoying as he managed to make 3 very close personal attacks in a single message. All false, of course, but at the current moment things are not the easiest and such ignorance really shocks me sometimes. I am certain this will go away in a couple of days but as I said before, it's unbelievable to come in contact with such people. I want to prove to myself the guy isn't what he portrays himself as being. And he roams around CAG, which was a safe haven in my mind.

There is no safe haven from rude idiots looking to start something up online. I would just forget about it though. Based on the guy's PSN ID, he's only a 'Level 2', so basically, he's pond scum.

If he did it once, I would not call that harassment or bullying. Without knowing exactly what this specific person was mad about, people in general have personal beefs with each other and that's a very human thing. Outlawing human nature, like being mad, is a bit silly, even if he called you a cockgoblin or something. One of the things I learned on the Internet, however, is nobody ever gets mad and nobody ever gets into arguments in real life. That's what I hear anyway!

In this case, ignore or engage, until they do something that is actually illegal. Nobody likes a tattletale.

[quote name='Guimengo']And he roams around CAG, which was a safe haven in my mind.[/QUOTE]
Safe haven in what sense? This is a public place with very loose registration guidelines.

I get messages on Xbox Live all the time from people begging for points, trials, XBL time. It's a price to pay by having your gamertag/username on an open forum. Just block (and report if you feel the need) and move on.

:applause: The OP just wants to get the last word with some random shmuck on the internet who feels they besmirched them.:lol: I still let some folks get under my skin at times(kinda obvious on here, eh?), but if I don't know someone personally and only know them from some internet forum or playing online then WHO CARES?

But keeping your PSN/XBL names out there for everybody to see certainly isn't going to help matters, OP. That's why I changed mine to NunyaBidness, since I would get friend requests almost frickin' constantly from CAG's who never played anything I would even bother with. Usually I'd end up deleting them after a week since I normally hate having people on my friends list I'm not playing a game with or have known for a long time.

But as for the topic at hand, let whatever they said roll off your back and block them right back.

What you need to do is track him down, fly out to his house, and demand an apology in person. Letting this go and forgetting about it simply will not suffice.

I wish someone would message me on Xbox Live and mix it up with me! I never get funny messages like that. I also never get to see griefing in action. I would laugh my ass off instead of getting mad.

[quote name='Guimengo']Hey,

I have a question. A fellow CAGger whose username I do not know (PSN username is crisiscoreffvii) PMed me on PSN over a post regarding GT5's price drop and was extremely rude, making accusations, calling me something, and making wrong assumptions. To close his "excellently written" paragraph, he said he had me blocked. If necessary I'll transcribe the PM.

I reported him to SONY over the grief report under bullying/harassment but who knows if they'll even care. I sent a polite response but who knows if he'll ever unblock me and read it. I write because I honestly am at a loss for words over this situation, and I cannot do a search for him based off his username.

Thanks and in case I've posted in the wrong place, my apologies.

http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=crisiscoreffvii[/QUOTE]

I think you need to transcribe what he said so we can accurately assess the situation.

[quote name='Josh1billion']What you need to do is track him down, fly out to his house, and demand an apology in person. Letting this go and forgetting about it simply will not suffice.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

But seriously OP, unless he knew any personal details about you, I don't know why you are so intent on trying to reply to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back