Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

Ordered one, paid with paypal, just got refunded

me too :roll:

#153 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

Is it just me or so far all refunds are for paypal users?

#154 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

ordered one, paid with paypal, just got refunded

+1

#155 kyo645

kyo645

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

Is it just me or so far all refunds are for paypal users?

Nope. Used the regular checkout method and I got a cancellation as well

#156 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

Yuppers just got cancelled. Hehe.

#157 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

Canceled
Your order was canceled on 08/10/2012, due to a lack of product availability.
You have been refunded. We apologize for any inconvenience. Posted Image

No email yet, but logged into the website.

nihilence.png

#158 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

No e-mail, canceled via website

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#159 DK745

DK745

Streets Ahead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

Juts showed up as cancelled. Lack of product availability. Why not just say it was an error.

#160 black_hand313

black_hand313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

No e-mail either but checked my order, mine's canceled too. I didn't use paypal, I ordered normally. Saying it was canceled due to 'lack of availability' is bull - sounds like they're trying to squirm out of giving gift cards

#161 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

AC1 was a very repetitive, basic game. The series truly started at AC2. The gameplay mechanics, the story, all of what made the series what it is today starts from AC2.

? AC1 is repetitive and basic, yes, but by no means did the series start at AC2, lol.

To borrow a phrase from your original post, that's like saying Final Fantasy XIII "wasn't technically part of" the Final Fantasy XIII series because it was inferior to Final Fantasy XIII-2. :lol:

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#162 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

In before someone says they're going to slap WalMart with a lawsuit over these cancellations.

#163 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

I just got a cancellation

#164 black_hand313

black_hand313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

In before someone says they're going to slap WalMart with a lawsuit over these cancellations.

Walmart messed up and they're squirming out of it by claiming 'lack of availibility'. That puts the blame on the supplier and vindicates themselves of any responsibility - hence won't even give us a freakin $5 gift card

#165 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

Just checked mine as well. Canceled.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#166 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

Walmart messed up and they're squirming out of it by claiming 'lack of availibility'. That puts the blame on the supplier and vindicates themselves of any responsibility - hence won't even give us a freakin $5 gift card

Why do you think Wal-Mart should issue you a gift card?

Trade List Games & DLC

#167 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

"Lack of product availability" means that you'll be able to refute the cancellation when they do happen to allow preorders again. I did this when Kmart cancelled my orders when they had a $50 off coupon error (gave everyone $50 off of all "Electronics" items $50 and more). Basically got Skyrim, Call of Duty MW3, and Resistance 3 for $13 each after tax and shipping. Also got Skylanders for PS3 for $30.

#168 dontjudgemyadd

dontjudgemyadd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

Walmart messed up and they're squirming out of it by claiming 'lack of availibility'.

Same here.
The price is now $59.96 but is "not available at this time".

I wonder how long they feel they have to have it "Not available at this time" to justify the lack of availability excuse. This is a pre-order after all. So,
Walmart: "sorry, we didn't have any promissory notes available at 11am. Fortunately, we found some at 7pm and can now promise you a game that comes out in over two months. Crisis averted"
:-)

#169 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

I didn't even bother to order but this has taken an interesting turn to say the least. So they're trying to pass it off as an out of stock problem? That would be pretty dishonest (and maybe fraudulent?) of them. I understand it's a pricing error but this is a large corporation and they have to be accountable for any mistakes they make.

For the same reason you can walk into a Target or something and if you find an item with the wrong price sticker on it, the managers will usually do a price override on it and honor the price. Walmart shouldn't be able to get away with something THEY messed up with. Every action has consequences remember?

#170 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

I didn't even bother to order but this has taken an interesting turn to say the least. So they're trying to pass it off as an out of stock problem? That would be pretty dishonest (and maybe fraudulent?) of them. I understand it's a pricing error but this is a large corporation and they have to be accountable for any mistakes they make.

For the same reason you can walk into a Target or something and if you find an item with the wrong price sticker on it, the managers will usually do a price override on it and honor the price. Walmart shouldn't be able to get away with something THEY messed up with. Every action has consequences remember?

not really. Everyone knew this was price error, and that that cancellations were basically guaranteed. Dont see why anyone would feel wronged in any way.

#171 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

I'm not saying anyone was wronged, I'm saying Walmart made their bed, and now should sleep in it. I'm saying it's wrong for them to weasel out of paying for a mistake THEY made, not one any of us made.

#172 black_hand313

black_hand313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

Why do you think Wal-Mart should issue you a gift card?

It's good business practice if the mistake is on your end - if you can't honor it, at least find some way to make it up to the customer. Walmart's done this in the past. Amazon once gave me a $10 credit for a dent on my case - I wasn't expecting or asking for one, just telling them their package was shoddy because it wasn't the first time. Earlier in this thread, there was even the example of the guy who got the car half off due to a misprint.

I won't cry over a gift card. I won't buy there if they might cancel my order and screw me out of a deal somewhere else.

#173 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

Wal-Mart & all other online retailers have a Terms Of Use statement on their website. There is always literature w/in pertaining to instances such as this. It is there to protect the company. By using said website, you agree to the Terms Of Use. Therefore, Wal-Mart & all other online retailers do not have to honor pricing errors. There is nothing that needs to be made "right". It was an error. Everyone knew it was an error. People are not surprised their orders have been canceled. Moreover, a lot of people only placed an order to get a free gift card for having the order canceled. It is ridiculous for the same people to now want some type of compensation for their stupidity. :-({|=

Trade List Games & DLC

#174 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

It's good business practice if the mistake is on your end - if you can't honor it, at least find some way to make it up to the customer. Walmart's done this in the past. Amazon once gave me a $10 credit for a dent on my case - I wasn't expecting or asking for one, just telling them their package was shoddy because it wasn't the first time. Earlier in this thread, there was even the example of the guy who got the car half off due to a misprint.

I won't cry over a gift card. I won't buy there if they might cancel my order and screw me out of a deal somewhere else.

I mean, it's if/when they do such a thing, but you shouldn't feel entitled to it. We all knew it was a price mistake from the start.

#175 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

I'm saying it's wrong for them to weasel out of paying for a mistake THEY made, not one any of us made.

Read their online pricing policy again and you'll see how ridiculous this statement is.

#176 dontjudgemyadd

dontjudgemyadd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

I'm not saying anyone was wronged, I'm saying Walmart made their bed, and now should sleep in it. I'm saying it's wrong for them to weasel out of paying for a mistake THEY made, not one any of us made.

I didn't really expect them to honor any of their sales, but their "bed" should at least be admitting they made a mistake and that they have chosen to not honor the sales because it would cost them money. Crying "availability" is just dishonest and frustrating as a consumer.

What else is new?

#177 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:01 PM

If you listed an item on Craigslist for $5.00 instead of $50.00, would you give everyone $5 that
contacts you requesting to buy it?

Trade List Games & DLC

#178 Backlash2332x

Backlash2332x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

mine was canceled, too. no email, just posted on the website. although I have no problem with it being canceled, it'd be nice if they didn't bullshit the reason. instead of canceling due to "lack of product availability," tell it like it is.

"we at Walmart apologize for canceling your order due to us not employing competent workers."

#179 jeremy517

jeremy517

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

Oh well. It is a Ubisoft game, so it is going to be $14.99 three months after release anyways.

#180 Saint'sRow911

Saint'sRow911

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

Yeah got my refund too. Oh well, I hope they hold that $50 price for it so I can get it for $50 at Best Buy with the $20 RZ.