Photo
- - - - -

(DEAD) Assassin's Creed 3 Xbox 360 Preorder $14.98 @ Wal-Mart

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#181 Saint'sRow911

Saint'sRow911

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

mine was canceled, too. no email, just posted on the website. although I have no problem with it being canceled, it'd be nice if they didn't bullshit the reason. instead of canceling due to "lack of product availability," tell it like it is.

"we at Walmart apologize for canceling your order due to us not employing competent workers."

Yeah they probably have preset emails to cancel orders, and sending out the "not enough availability" is faster and more efficient than making up a new one to send out.

The end result is the same. Move on, it's clear they know it was an error and weren't going to honor it. Everyone pretty much knew that, but there was no risk in trying. It was a free spin on a slot machine, you obviously arnt going to win, but you'll spin it anyway.

#182 dillonfan28

dillonfan28

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

yeah I got my refund too... :cry:

#183 black_hand313

black_hand313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

I recommend waiting until they get it back in stock, then contact customer service to ask why your order was canceled due to 'lack of availibility'

I read a similar thing happened when they had Iron Man 2 for preorder for $15, they canceled orders due to 'lack of availibility' and raised the price to $25. It was later clarified as a pricing error, but some who contacted customer service got a $10 credit to buy it at the originally advertised price.

While I doubt Walmart will honor the original price, they might still acknowledge their mistake.

#184 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

not really. Everyone knew this was price error, and that that cancellations were basically guaranteed. Dont see why anyone would feel wronged in any way.

It's funny that you quoted me saying "nobody was wronged" and you're still making it seem like I said someone was wronged by this.. Hmm..

Read their online pricing policy again and you'll see how ridiculous this statement is.

I'm not talking about their legal mumbo jumbo, I'm talking about good business practice. At the very least they should issue an apology for a mistake they made and call it a day. Instead they are making it seem like there was an inventory issue.. for a game people are PRE-ordering. A game that isn't even out yet.

I didn't really expect them to honor any of their sales, but their "bed" should at least be admitting they made a mistake and that they have chosen to not honor the sales because it would cost them money. Crying "availability" is just dishonest and frustrating as a consumer.

What else is new?

This is what I'm talking about here. Like I said earlier, I didn't place an order on this thing. I didn't bother because I knew they would pull something like this. Either way, I don't have a horse in this race, so I don't get why some of the members here are rising up to defend poor little Walmart when all I said was they were kind of in the wrong here. They messed up, and it wasn't a little mistake either. Their mistake was up for hours and hours and now their brilliant solution is to say there's an availability issue? That is pretty dishonest. If they would at the very least just admit they were wrong, I'd be alright with it. But what do you know.. Walmart being Walmart again.

If you listed an item on Craigslist for $5.00 instead of $50.00, would you give everyone $5 that
contacts you requesting to buy it?

Not the same thing bub. If I list a single item I'm not entitled to give EVERYONE that item. That's retarded. We're talking about a corporation selling pre orders here, not 1 guy trying to sell 1 item.

#185 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

Well this was a fun way to spend the morning lol. Can't believe how many sites got ahold of this.
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#186 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

How many times has a thread started and ended like this on CAG? Some people here are just too predictable.

#187 Whedon

Whedon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

Got my cancellation email and it did not reference low stock, it addressed the pricing error directly.

Thank you for your recent Walmart.com order.

Unfortunately, at the time you placed your order, the Assassin's Creed Xbox 360 game was incorrectly priced on our site, and therefore we have canceled it from your order in accordance with our Terms of Use. For more information on our terms, including our policy regarding pricing and typographical errors, please visit:

http://help.walmart....#PricingContent

We always want your shopping experience to be a good one and are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you. If you would like to contact to us regarding your order, please reply to this email. We’re available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (CT) or Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (CT).

We are currently working on updating the item information, so please check our site at a later time if you’d like to order these items again.

#188 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

Mine is still processing, but I would imagine it will be cancelled soon. It's probably better that way since I really didn't want to pay $18 for it. I'll just grab it when it hits $10 as usual. I still have copies of the first 4 games and I am busy NOT playing them. :)

Edit: got my cancellation and like the guy above they actually did say that it was because of a misprice. I don't blame them.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#189 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

Got my cancellation email and it did not reference low stock, it addressed the pricing error directly.

Unfortunately, at the time you placed your order, the Assassin's Creed Xbox 360 game was incorrectly priced on our site, and therefore we have canceled it from your order in accordance with our Terms of Use. For more information on our terms, including our policy regarding pricing and typographical errors, please visit:

We always want your shopping experience to be a good one and are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you. If you would like to contact to us regarding your order, please reply to this email. We’re available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (CT) or Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (CT).

We are currently working on updating the item information, so please check our site at a later time if you’d like to order these items again.

I received the same email.

Trade List Games & DLC

#190 Backlash2332x

Backlash2332x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

yup, I just got that email.

#191 dontjudgemyadd

dontjudgemyadd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

Same. That's all I wanted. so, walmart++; Though it's still walmart so I'll avoid purchasing from them for other reasons, but that's another thread ;-)

#192 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

Cancelled. Told them I'd go to the BBB and FTC, as well as start a blog about it. Let's see if they come through, for their own good anyways.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#193 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

Well, we all expect it to cancel but was hoping it won't. O well, I think I have enough luck with $60 Batman Arkham city collector edition at launch and the $70 Darksiders II collector edition.

#194 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

Edit: got my cancellation and like the guy above they actually did say that it was because of a misprice. I don't blame them.

Yes, very straightforward: we shaqfu-ed up. Props, Walmart, for being honest. :applause:

#195 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

Now everyone that got shot down will bitch and moan. Funny

#196 Boutsisavath

Boutsisavath

I tell ya hwat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

Does anyone know where I can get the steelbook?

#197 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

You'll get it when we win our class action lawsuit against Wal-Mart for this catastrophe.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#198 Saint'sRow911

Saint'sRow911

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

Yeah they probably have preset emails to cancel orders, and sending out the "not enough availability" is faster and more efficient than making up a new one to send out.

Think I called it. They sent their preset cancel emails to everyone, but then followed up with an email about how it was a price error.

Walmarts system is pretty top notch, so I'm not surprised with how quickly this happened. Good PR work to follow the cancel email up with a "our bad" email.

Too bad Best Buy doesn't have price errors lol

#199 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

at best buy. mine still has some left.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#200 Boutsisavath

Boutsisavath

I tell ya hwat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

at best buy. mine still has some left.

can you get me one? mine ran out. :cry:

#201 billymagnum

billymagnum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

Cancelled. Told them I'd go to the BBB and FTC, as well as start a blog about it. Let's see if they come through, for their own good anyways.

dont bother. their policy covers their ass. the policy you agreed to by simply using walmart.com

gotta love those policies!

if you had lost money maybe but you didnt lose anything

#202 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

oh no your blog!

#203 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

Ohhhh you people...

76561198003985248.png

#204 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

Glad they at least said they goofed.

oh no your blog!

Laugh all you want now, but someone someday might read some of that blog post and go "ooh, I'm so angry at... oh look, cute cat video on youtube *nyaa*".

#205 black_hand313

black_hand313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

Walmart took the low road but they admitted they messed up - that was the thing that peeved me the most. So I won't fight them over this. This was a learning experience. Now when I see a good walmart deal, I'll remember their fine print and that they can just screw me out of a good deal by canceling my old order. I'm avoiding them from now on.

We all took a chance: a good company would've made up for it, legally bound or not. But Walmart's not a good company.

#206 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

Walmart took the low road but they admitted they messed up - that was the thing that peeved me the most. So I won't fight them over this. This was a learning experience. Now when I see a good walmart deal, I'll remember their fine print and that they can just screw me out of a good deal by canceling my old order. I'm avoiding them from now on.

We all took a chance: a good company would've made up for it, legally bound or not. But Walmart's not a good company.

this wasnt a good deal, this was a too good to be true deal. Name one instance were a AAA title could be had for $15 even two months after release, nevertheless day one.

#207 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

I doubt there is a company out there who would have said "damn, this sucks, but we'll cut our (ROUGHLY AND ESTIMATED) $360,000 losses and ship these out anyway."

Do you really think any company is proud enough to take a $30 or so hit per game just to keep you happy? A gamer? Somebody who is probably one of the smallest customers for the company?

76561198003985248.png

#208 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

Would have been nice if they at least hooked us up with the Vudu movie credit :lol:...oh well.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#209 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:45 AM

this wasnt a good deal, this was a too good to be true deal. Name one instance were a AAA title could be had for $15 even two months after release, nevertheless day one.

To be fair, Lockerz had a price mistake on :ps3: Twisted Metal and I got it on release day for $20.99 because of their mistake and they honored it.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#210 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:04 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!