(DEAD) Assassin's Creed 3 Xbox 360 Preorder $14.98 @ Wal-Mart

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#211 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

Got an email from them tonight: "Still looking for great values? Come back to Walmart!" Shows a bunch of gaming stuff at basically MSRP.

I wasn't upset about this non-deal, but still, they should lay low for a bit.

#212 black_hand313

black_hand313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

I doubt there is a company out there who would have said "damn, this sucks, but we'll cut our (ROUGHLY AND ESTIMATED) $360,000 losses and ship these out anyway."

Do you really think any company is proud enough to take a $30 or so hit per game just to keep you happy? A gamer? Somebody who is probably one of the smallest customers for the company?

The way they handled it will cost them in the long run, though. One of the reasons I buy from Amazon instead of Best Buy like I used to was the customer service. I'm far from the only one who complains about Best Buy and now they're in financial trouble.

Next time might not be so clearcut as to say 'obvious pricing error'. Remember the $15 preorder for Iron Man 2? They canceled orders claiming it was also a mistake. I don't know next time they have a deal they'll just cancel my order when I could've gotten from somewhere else - they can and they have

#213 Murderstorm

Murderstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

Got a email after I sent them an angry one where they told me they would give me a $10 discount off ac3 if I ordered it from them. After shipping and taxes Ill save a whole $5!

#214 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

Well, tbh, I remember last year I manage to find the assassin creed revelation at launch for $40 for walmart edition, and sell the dlc for around 15 on ebay

#215 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

I doubt there is a company out there who would have said "damn, this sucks, but we'll cut our (ROUGHLY AND ESTIMATED) $360,000 losses and ship these out anyway."

Do you really think any company is proud enough to take a $30 or so hit per game just to keep you happy? A gamer? Somebody who is probably one of the smallest customers for the company?

Why it would only take them 17.21 minutes to make back that estimated $360,000 number.

(I actually agree with you, but I have been looking for a chance to illustrate how much Wal Mart makes for a while ($20,920/min in gross profit))

#216 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

All 3 of my orders have yet to be cancelled. Can I assume that I got all 3 for $15. Is there any chance that they'll just cancel it once the game comes out?

#217 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

It says I wasn't charged, but I have pending charges..

nihilence.png

#218 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

The way they handled it will cost them in the long run, though. One of the reasons I buy from Amazon instead of Best Buy like I used to was the customer service. I'm far from the only one who complains about Best Buy and now they're in financial trouble.

Next time might not be so clearcut as to say 'obvious pricing error'. Remember the $15 preorder for Iron Man 2? They canceled orders claiming it was also a mistake. I don't know next time they have a deal they'll just cancel my order when I could've gotten from somewhere else - they can and they have

Like I said, I think gamers are a very minute portion of their consumer base. Until they start taking the same route that K-Mart did and Best Buy is now, their gaming sales will flounder at best. Besides, I don't think canceling a game would keep people from heading there for cheap food or diapers or clothing.

Why it would only take them 17.21 minutes to make back that estimated $360,000 number.

(I actually agree with you, but I have been looking for a chance to illustrate how much Wal Mart makes for a while ($20,920/min in gross profit))

To a corporation like Wal-Mart, I think money is money to them. The number I went with was what the thread view count was on here at the moment. I figure even if half of that number (about 4,000) purchased one copy, you still have the people who bought two or three or ten, the people on SlickDeals, the people on Joystiq... So on and so forth. The number could have been quite greater.

What it boils down to is this: do we piss off a handful of people and save ourselves some money in the short run, or do we bite our tongue and let this one go?

Think about when October rolls around... Parents shopping for Christmas presents... Hell, even if the game drops to $40 or $30 or even $25 on Black Friday, do you think the people will keep their pride and say "NOPE! You fucked up before!" or do you think, in a hypothetical sense that all the competition has it for $40 best, that those people would rather spend the extra money and give a middle finger to Wal-Mart? This is CheapAssGamer for a reason.

76561198003985248.png

#219 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

I still have yet to receive a cancellation email. Maybe its there today ill check when I get home from work I guess. Fun try anyway. Guess I will be waiting on AC3 then until a drop. Ill have resident evil 6 by then anyway so ac3 will wait regardless. That and halo 4 is gonna own my life

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing

:xb1: Dead Rising 3

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe

#220 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

I tried replying to the cancellation (it says you can), and only got fail to send replies.

nihilence.png

#221 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

w00t!:applause: Who says dreams can't come true? ;)
Spoiler

Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#222 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

Wow, that's fucking awesome! Congrats

#223 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

Wow, that's fucking awesome! Congrats

Thanks. Received it on launch day too, no less!
This was an experiment of sorts.
Next time one of these deals/prices mistakes occurs; "Payment Method->Cash", is all I'm saying. ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#224 Jetku

Jetku

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Got mine too!

Would have had it launch day, but was on vacation.

...Now to trade it for the Wii U version upon release