Beyond: Two Souls Pre Order $52.48 @ Amazon. -DEAD-

This game looks amazing but I can't get over its title. I always I have to think for a second which game it is lol.

Thanks, OP. I pre-ordered but will cancel and reorder if a better price hits. Please, NewEgg?

[quote name='Umair56']This game looks amazing but I can't get over its title. I always I have to think for a second which game it is lol.[/QUOTE]

I know, it's a pretty generic-sounding title. I keep envisioning some bizarre cross between Beyond Good & Evil, Two Worlds and Demon's/Dark Souls.

[quote name='morrodox']

I know, it's a pretty generic-sounding title. I keep envisioning some bizarre cross between Beyond Good & Evil, Two Worlds and Demon's/Dark Souls.[/QUOTE]

BG&E/Demon/Dark Souls cross would be epic, Two Worlds not so much. :D

But having beaten Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy this is a must buy for muah. Freaking loved both of them and this looks really cool.

Thanks, OP! I can always cancel later on. :D

Hopefully Amazon adds a $20 credit or something to this to make it an even better deal. ;)

[quote name='DesertLeo']Is it dead? I'm seeing $59.96[/QUOTE]

It most certainly is dead. Amazon realized that they accidentally had a game for non-MSRP and had to put a stop to it immediately. Sort of like how they removed the Borderlands 2 $10 credit that was there for like a year.

[quote name='croqoa']It most certainly is dead. Amazon realized that they accidentally had a game for non-MSRP and had to put a stop to it immediately. Sort of like how they removed the Borderlands 2 $10 credit that was there for like a year.[/QUOTE]
Just wait until they realize they aren't charging the rest of y'all tax on your purchases, lol.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']BG&E/Demon/Dark Souls cross would be epic, Two Worlds not so much. :D

But having beaten Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy this is a must buy for muah. Freaking loved both of them and this looks really cool.[/QUOTE]

Did you really love Indigo Prophecy, or did you (like me) love about two thirds of Indigo Prophecy? It *really* fell apart at the end to me.

[quote name='hostyl1']Did you really love Indigo Prophecy, or did you (like me) love about two thirds of Indigo Prophecy? It *really* fell apart at the end to me.[/QUOTE]

True the end part was kind a big clusterfuck. Heavy Rain was good from beginning to end though.

Not to troll but Amazon sucks nowadays IMO. Part of that is because I now have to pay tax (Texas) even though I've been ordering from them for around 7 or 8 years and never did before. But even besides the taxes Newegg pwns them on their prices anyway. I mean almost all Newegg preorders are $47.99 (no taxes for me) while Amazon was charging 52.92 then quickly corrects their "mistake"? Screw that. Newegg is the new Amazon and Amazon is the new Gamestop.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']True the end part was kind a big clusterfuck. Heavy Rain was good from beginning to end though.

Not to troll but Amazon sucks nowadays IMO. Part of that is because I now have to pay tax (Texas) even though I've been ordering from them for around 7 or 8 years and never did before. But even besides the taxes Newegg pwns them on their prices anyway. I mean almost all Newegg preorders are $47.99 (no taxes for me) while Amazon was charging 52.92 then quickly corrects their "mistake"? Screw that. Newegg is the new Amazon and Amazon is the new Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Don't blame Amazon for charging sales tax in Texas. It's your own state that's causing the problem. Every U.S. state hates it when people make purchases online because they don't have to pay sales tax. To solve that problem, your state went to the white house and complained to congress that Amazon is to blame for loss of revenue. Amazon somehow loses the unfair battle in court and gets slapped with a huge fine. Instead of paying that fine, Amazon and your state settled on an agreement to help create distribution centers which will help create jobs in the future and legally charge sales tax.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/07/18/news/economy/amazon-sales-tax/index.htm

[quote name='twztid13']Just wait until they realize they aren't charging the rest of y'all tax on your purchases, lol.[/QUOTE]

That is also quite true, although at this point it makes no difference to me anyway since there is no way I'm paying MSRP for any game, tax or no tax, when places like Newegg and Best Buy are around.

I was able to snag this as a gold box deal a while ago. My preorder price is $56.99.

Edit: So, I tried talking to a CSR, and I was told that if the price drops, my order update. I sent a link to the camelcamelcamel page showing the price drop. I was then told that the price on the website is $59.99. I told them that the pre-order price guarantee says that if the price drops after my order is place and before it is shipped then I would received the lowest price. I then told them it did drop to $52.48 yesterday. Still wouldn't adjust my price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hostyl1']Did you really love Indigo Prophecy, or did you (like me) love about two thirds of Indigo Prophecy? It *really* fell apart at the end to me.[/QUOTE]

Although I'm sure this game will be great, the trailer makes it kind of look like that last third of Indigo Prophecy, doesn't it? I even remember reading about the creator's reasoning behind the change from a supernatural story to a more realistic one in Heavy Rain (Quote:
1UP: You warned against reading too much into the taxidermist scene, but does that scene suggest Heavy Rain's themes might be more rooted in reality than Indigo Prophecy's? DC: Definitely. We tend to believe in our industry that we need to tell simplistic or spectacular stories, where the hero saves the world, destroys evil, or has supernatural powers. This is because the videogame, as a medium, has been too immature to tell complex and subtle stories. I made this mistake myself at the end of [Indigo Prophecy], where I felt my story needed something spectacular because all I had so far was normal people leading a normal life. I realized that the "normal" part was the one that worked the best, and that it wasn't necessary to save the world to tell something exciting anymore. Heavy Rain will be about normal people in real life, and I believe it'll be much more emotionally involving, as gamers will easily relate to the situations and characters. This is a new approach. In Heavy Rain, you won't be a superhero or a gangster. You'll just be someone real.
), but it seems like, in some aspects, he pulled a 180 now. Oh well, like I said, I'm sure it'll be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nsxviper']Don't blame Amazon for charging sales tax in Texas. It's your own state that's causing the problem. Every U.S. state hates it when people make purchases online because they don't have to pay sales tax. To solve that problem, your state went to the white house and complained to congress that Amazon is to blame for loss of revenue. Amazon somehow loses the unfair battle in court and gets slapped with a huge fine. Instead of paying that fine, Amazon and your state settled on an agreement to help create distribution centers which will help create jobs in the future and legally charge sales tax.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/07/18/news/economy/amazon-sales-tax/index.htm[/QUOTE]

I didnt know that but honestly I don't care who's to blame, all I know is I pay 0 taxes with Newegg and I have to pay taxes with Amazon. Adding to the fact that Amazon charges more than Newegg anyway (which I CAN blame Amazon for) It's a no brainer for me to use Newegg.

[quote name='Aerc']I was able to snag this as a gold box deal a while ago. My preorder price is $56.99.

Edit: So, I tried talking to a CSR, and I was told that if the price drops, my order update. I sent a link to the camelcamelcamel page showing the price drop. I was then told that the price on the website is $59.99. I told them that the pre-order price guarantee says that if the price drops after my order is place and before it is shipped then I would received the lowest price. I then told them it did drop to $52.48 yesterday. Still wouldn't adjust my price.[/QUOTE]That's a load of crap. They're denying you one of the most prominent video game promotions that they offer and they really shouldn't be. I would suggest trying again with different CS reps until you get someone who actually knows the Preorder Price Guarantee and is willing to alter your price accordingly.

If nothing happens after trying for awhile, I'd send an email to Amazon directly describing your situation.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I didnt know that but honestly I don't care who's to blame, all I know is I pay 0 taxes with Newegg and I have to pay taxes with Amazon. Adding to the fact that Amazon charges more than Newegg anyway (which I CAN blame Amazon for) It's a no brainer for me to use Newegg.[/QUOTE]

Don't be surprised when states start charging sales tax for Newegg.

[quote name='Jodou']Not sure why it's ~$8 off, but my existing pre-order will take it ha.[/QUOTE]

Because Walmart has a bunch of preorders at some odd prices. Amazon matched them on a few games.

[quote name='Aerc']I was able to snag this as a gold box deal a while ago. My preorder price is $56.99.

Edit: So, I tried talking to a CSR, and I was told that if the price drops, my order update. I sent a link to the camelcamelcamel page showing the price drop. I was then told that the price on the website is $59.99. I told them that the pre-order price guarantee says that if the price drops after my order is place and before it is shipped then I would received the lowest price. I then told them it did drop to $52.48 yesterday. Still wouldn't adjust my price.[/QUOTE]

I also had it in my gold box and my price didnt auto adjust either. Pretty annoying since they have their pre order price guarantee. Most people wouldn't even know the price dropped and so won't actually get the lowest price. Guess I'm going to have to try my luck with CS.

Edit: So, I tried talking to a CSR, and I was told that if the price drops, my order update. I sent a link to the camelcamelcamel page showing the price drop. I was then told that the price on the website is $59.99. I told them that the pre-order price guarantee says that if the price drops after my order is place and before it is shipped then I would received the lowest price. I then told them it did drop to $52.48 yesterday. Still wouldn't adjust my price.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I've had a gold box pre-order of this since E3, no price adjustment. I'm kinda ok with it though, since most of my amazon pre-orders are probably going to get cancelled since they started charging tax in TX.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I didnt know that but honestly I don't care who's to blame, all I know is I pay 0 taxes with Newegg and I have to pay taxes with Amazon. Adding to the fact that Amazon charges more than Newegg anyway (which I CAN blame Amazon for) It's a no brainer for me to use Newegg.[/QUOTE]

The reason being is the law states that if the company holds a physical presence in the state they musty charge sales tax. So in your case Amazon holds a distribution center in Texas while Newegg does not therefore no tax charged for Newegg. I live in California which is the complete opposite. I am not charged tax for Amazon but am for Newegg.

So had an overly long conversation with Amazon CS about the order price not updating. She eventually offered me a credit for the difference which I declined.

According to the CS rep they use an application called PriceChange or maybe it was processPriceChange. I'm not sure if that's something that actually adjusts the prices, or if it just shows them a record of an items price changes. Anyway it sounds something like check4change or Page Monitor. Apparently it functions about as well.

So I go and look at my order for Beyond. It has been lowered. For some reason the $3 off gold box discount has been changed to $2.62. A bit weird, but I don't think I'll worry over a few cents.

[quote name='Aerc']So I go and look at my order for Beyond. It has been lowered. For some reason the $3 off gold box discount has been changed to $2.62. A bit weird, but I don't think I'll worry over a few cents.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I see mine lowered to the same price.

[quote name='Aerc']So I go and look at my order for Beyond. It has been lowered. For some reason the $3 off gold box discount has been changed to $2.62. A bit weird, but I don't think I'll worry over a few cents.[/QUOTE]The Gold Box discount is 5%, so instead of $3 (5% of $60), your discount is now $2.62 (~5% of $52.48). It's dependent on the item price.

Glad to hear it updated for you, though. :)

[quote name='LordVila']Don't be surprised when states start charging sales tax for Newegg.[/QUOTE]

I already have to deal with it (NJ), and I think at least one other state does as well.

[quote name='Vigilante']The Gold Box discount is 5%, so instead of $3 (5% of $60), your discount is now $2.62 (~5% of $52.48). It's dependent on the item price.

Glad to hear it updated for you, though. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That makes sense .

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']True the end part was kind a big clusterfuck. Heavy Rain was good from beginning to end though.[/QUOTE]

It is until you go back and start experimenting with the different story branches.

I was left wondering, if Shelby was the killer, why did he call the police after offing the old guy in the typewriter repair shop? Aside from the obvious answer, which is that it created a time-limit scenario for the player to find and clean up the fingerprints. Which you'd think he would have been more careful about. And especially about bringing Lauren along if he was planning to kill somebody with her right there.

Also, the whole thing with Ethan becoming disoriented and coming back with an origami figure in his hand. It was just sort of... dropped, with no explanation as to why. Did Shelby give them to him at some point? When?

Don't get me wrong, I loved HR and was thrilled to see a game that attempted to do something different. David Cage does a great job at creating a compelling story. He just seems to have a problem with endings.

bread's done
Back