Photo
- - - - -

2012 Election Thread

• Please log in to reply
2253 replies to this topic

#841 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

That means she can check that fucking box and Brown, you, and dafoomie can shut the Fuck up about it already because it's a non-issue.

Oddly enough, I never said a word about her "eligibility" to claim Native American status.

I was just tired of you repeating the same misinformation as if you knew what you were talking about. Perhaps next time, instead of yelling at me to do Google searches, you should familiarize yourself with the subject before you go off on it. If the information can easily be found through Google searches (which I assume it can - even more so since it's probably came up more with the entire Warren thing), it should have been an easy task for you to look it up before coming here and spouting off misinformation.

You fucking tell me. It's not THAT complicated.

Heh. Nice answer.
Spoiler

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#842 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

Wait, this whole scandal is over Warren being hired as a *visiting* professor?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Please tell me that's not true.
Posted Image

#843 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

Posted Image

Edited by VipFREAK, 02 October 2012 - 11:38 AM.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#844 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

Hmmm, maybe they were right about voter fraud. Granted, they probably don't considering their own activity to be fraud.

http://www.addicting...op-voter-fraud/
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#845 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

http://www.philly.co...without_ID.html

Well, now those Republicans can vote fraudulently in the election, since the Republican-propoed voter ID law has been halted for this election (for provisional ballots only, it would appear).
Posted Image

#846 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

Oddly enough, I never said a word about her "eligibility" to claim Native American status.

I was just tired of you repeating the same misinformation as if you knew what you were talking about. Perhaps next time, instead of yelling at me to do Google searches, you should familiarize yourself with the subject before you go off on it. If the information can easily be found through Google searches (which I assume it can - even more so since it's probably came up more with the entire Warren thing), it should have been an easy task for you to look it up before coming here and spouting off misinformation.

So if her eligibility isn't an issue, then, again, marking that check box shouldn't be an issue. You, yourself, said that being or not being a member has no effect on whether or not you have Native American ancestry.

Heh. Nice answer.

And you had a better one? Piss off.

Race: white
Ethnicity: Portuguese
Nationality: Mozambique(African also applies because of common usage and American though naturalization)

African American and Native American are not comparable in the way you're trying to trip me up on, which is another reason why critiques about Warren's heritage are dumb.

#847 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

But you see, a professor is a professor whether you're adjuncting, visiting, tenured, or tenure tracked.:lol:

Well, now those Republicans can vote fraudulently in the election, since the Republican-propoed voter ID law has been halted for this election (for provisional ballots only, it would appear).

Well, this makes my morning.

#848 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

I was just coming here to post that. Great news..

#849 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

http://news.yahoo.co...--election.html

yea like obama goes out and shakes the hand of his garbage man every week
WOOOO I STINK

#850 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Posted Image

To answer the question...yes I would...it would be a hate Fuck but I still would.

#851 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

Warren was offered tenure in February of 93, she waited until 95 to accept for personal reasons.

You're mixing up your dates. Protests were in 1986 and Warren was hired in 1992 as a visiting professor, which is pretty much like an adjunct position. The protests in 86 were involving a woman of color that was denied tenure; unlike how Warren was never offered a tenure-track position to begin with. Token or not, it's not as simple as you're trying to make it.

No, protests were still occurring even during the time Warren was a visiting professor in 92. The 4 white professors were offered tenure in 92 and it sparked protests that included taking over the dean's office (i.e. the Griswold Nine). The week before she was first offered tenure, there was a vigil held by law students on campus demanding more women and minorities.

She's the only tenured professor at Harvard Law to not come from a top 10 school. Only one Ivy League law professor has come from a worse school. There were allegations of scientific misconduct in her scholarship prior to Harvard. By all accounts she was very good in the classroom but her resume is pedestrian enough for there to be some doubt.

But even after all that, I'm not necessarily sure its Warren that needs to come clean here, its Harvard. Harvard was selling a bill of goods that simply wasn't true, and those records are being held back not because they might damage Warren, but because they're potentially embarrassing to Harvard. Harvard Law promoted her as a minority whenever the issue of diversity within their faculty arose for years.

The only thing that bothered me is that she refused to directly answer the question, "Are you a minority?" By any reasonable standard she is not. It would've helped her just to say no.

Edited by dafoomie, 03 October 2012 - 01:55 AM.

#852 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

Ok, that "romantic anniversary" quip was actually funny.

Something funny that Mitt said though, the lady in Ohio wanted to know what he'd do to help. Since when do republicans directly ask for handouts?!
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#853 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

Posted Image

Trade List

#854 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:19 AM

no you fucking numbskull. Demand creates a necessity for hiring, not extra magic money from a tax break. It's BULLSHIT and has been for 33 years.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#855 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:22 AM

Has Nancy Pelosi muted Obama yet?

#856 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

Can Rob Me be more of a spaz... ?

Trade List

#857 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

no you fucking numbskull. Demand creates a necessity for hiring, not extra magic money from a tax break. It's BULLSHIT and has been for 33 years.

If Romney had $101 million to stuff in an IRA instead of just the $100, he'd have been able to create jobs with that. DUHHHHH.
Posted Image

#858 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

Im gettin a kick on how flustered Romney seems to be getting.

#859 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

dat smirk

#860 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

Im gettin a kick on how flustered Romney seems to be getting.

He's actually coming off very well in my opinion.

Could someone explain the discrepancy in the $5 trillion number that Mitt's denying as part of his plan?

#861 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

Could someone explain the discrepancy in the $5 trillion number that Mitt's denying isn't part of his plan?

I agree, he's had some good retorts but he'd be better served by keeping it short, a lot of Obama's points are being lost as he rambles on and Romney's almost as bad at times.

The discrepancy comes from Romney taking into account economic growth as a result of tax cuts. Obama cites a study that did not take that into consideration and later corrected itself.

#862 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

Could someone explain the discrepancy in the $5 trillion number that Mitt's denying as part of his plan?

There was a moment at the beginning of the second topic, which he started, that he kind of flew off the handle and got really verbal and physically expressive. He calmed down, but it was something that struck me.

#863 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

Romney math on energy tax breaks:

$90 billion to green energy divided by $2.8 billion per year is 50 years of tax breaks... (Nevermind its closer to 30 than 50 but eh we're too stupid to know that anyway I guess)

#864 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:43 AM

thing about playing the numbers game is that either candidate can dismiss accusations as false and there will be no validation check. no one at home is going to look it up, so boring stuff so far, really.

#865 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

This is borderline making me an undecided voter (Maher be damned). Fuck both of these clowns. Romney will ruin things, but Obama is sitting there trying to say he's not much different.
XBL - Nasum2

#866 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:47 AM

thing about playing the numbers game is that either candidate can dismiss the accusations as false and there will be no validation check. no one at home is going to look it up, so boring stuff so far, really.

Very true, there is a fact check stream floating around that I saw on Reddit but largely any BS won't come to light until tomorrow.

The one thing I will say is that Romney is probably looking the best he has looked in a long time BUT he is not doing anything at all to help his smug image. At the end of the 1st segment arguing with the moderator completely wiped away any points he may have made.

#867 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:49 AM

I agree, he's had some good retorts but he'd be better served by keeping it short, a lot of Obama's points are being lost as he rambles on and Romney's almost as bad at times.

The discrepancy comes from Romney taking into account economic growth as a result of tax cuts. Obama cites a study that did not take that into consideration and later corrected itself.

But is he actually proposing $5 trillion in cuts over the length of his program?

#868 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

He really, really needs to stop just talking all over the moderator.

#869 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:53 AM

Is Jim Lehrer the moderator tomorrow? He's letting both candidates roll over him for the most part.

#870 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

romney drank way too much redbull