2012 Election Thread

• Please log in to reply
2253 replies to this topic

#991 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

India still does it bigger and better (as far as the original point of outsourcing goes) I think China always gets the brunt of the attacks but they still have a long way to go to get on India's level. China cant compete with their technical expertise yet.

Yep, believe India has actually surpassed China in population.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#992 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

I thought this was worth mentioning: according to a few sources, Mitt brought a cheat sheet to the debate (I believe that's a violation of the rules if I'm not mistaken). In the first 11 seconds of the video you can clearly see him pull something out of his pocket and place it underneath the blank sheet of people they used to take notes:

#993 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:15 AM

LOLZ...wtf was that!

Maybe it was a handkerchief because he has sweaty palms.;)

#994 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

Yeah they only talked about the economy, not like its considered to be the most important issue of the day or anything.

Saw a new Obama attack ad today... Romney's company apparently once invested in another company who makes products in China! Shocking I tell you!

There was absolutely nothing said about monetary policy, and Romney tried walking back any semblance of being a tax cutter. I guess if PBS is worth making a fuss over, sure, but other than that, it was platitude after platitude.

Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

ThroneofSeth.png

#995 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:57 AM

oday... Romney's company apparently once invested in another company who makes products in China! Shocking I tell you!

Romney keeps saying that he was a jobs creator in the past. It must have been a past life because he's been fucking over the middle class for fat profits in this one.

#996 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

I thought this was worth mentioning: according to a few sources, Mitt brought a cheat sheet to the debate (I believe that's a violation of the rules if I'm not mistaken). In the first 11 seconds of the video you can clearly see him pull something out of his pocket and place it underneath the blank sheet of people they used to take notes:

That's about as controversial as that 'earpiece' in Bush's jacket in the '04 debates.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#997 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

romney used a cheat sheet. he must be racist

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#998 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

yea right show me how obama has made it better in the last 3 + years.

gas has doubled

almost doubled our debt

more people out of jobs (if he made so many jobs that is why unemployment is still over 8%)

so you can stay on your parents health care what you going to do when you hit 27 cry and demand to stay on till your 35

and just wait till your parents health bill doubles or triples and they dont have it either ...

I love how people think your health care isnt going to go up a cent but allow everyone to be covered....so if someone needs a million dollar operation they can wait up to the month before .. Pay the first month get it done and then pay 100 bucks per month for a million bucks... the company would go bankrupt in no time (what obama wants)

you know damn well these debates wont do a damn thing to anyone

whoever wants obama will say he won everything
who wants Romney will say he won everything

Gas was over $4 a gallon the summer of 2008. Gas is below those prices. Our debt went up from the wars. Tha ACA hasn't even really kicked in yet. Unemployment is the lowest in 4 years.

#999 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

romney used a cheat sheet. he must be racist

No, but we all know that you are, so it all works out!:booty:

#1000 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

Gas was over $4 a gallon the summer of 2008. Gas is below those prices. Our debt went up from the wars. Tha ACA hasn't even really kicked in yet. Unemployment is the lowest in 4 years.

until next week when the say they got the numbers wrong just like everyweek..

how many Real jobs were made vs how many people ran out of their 99 weeks and was dropped

and how many are seasonal.

sorry but i dont belive something that was falling month after month after month Just makes a major turn around right before the election. but like i said whatever i hope it is coming back

gas was 1.89 avg in nov 2008

does not really matter cause how badly they fucked it in the last 4 years no mater who wins we are fucked

and what was up with obama with the paper he was writing on.. making out a Grocery List
WOOOO I STINK

#1001 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

Just curious as to what your take is on the excess reserves interest?
Getting away from politics and definitely more economical nuts and bolts.

It's kinda bullshit. It serves little purpose and incents reserves which we don't want in central monetary bodies. As much as I hate the false equivalence of my personal finances vs national finances, paying down debt is always a good thing. As such, the reserves have been up to as much as 10% of the national debt over the last few years. When 10% of your debt is your own equity that's just foolish practice. Combine that with ridiculously low interest rates on savings (the reserve interest rate is what, 0.0025%?) there's no benefit to holding that instead of paying off a debt that has a 4% interest rate or whatever.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#1002 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

I've come to the conclusion after talking to a conservative co-worker, that conservatives think they're beyond reproach. They spout half trues like they're fact (he mentioned the whole thing about Obama waiving work requirements for welfare). I just can't take it anymore, I'm not going to sit there and be lectured to by someone who can't even get their facts straight and cite fox news as a reliable source.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#1003 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

until next week when the say they got the numbers wrong just like everyweek..

how many Real jobs were made vs how many people ran out of their 99 weeks and was dropped

and how many are seasonal.

sorry but i dont belive something that was falling month after month after month Just makes a major turn around right before the election. but like i said whatever i hope it is coming back

gas was 1.89 avg in nov 2008

does not really matter cause how badly they fucked it in the last 4 years no mater who wins we are fucked

and what was up with obama with the paper he was writing on.. making out a Grocery List

You must have not had a car back in 2008 because I did and I remember well e price of gas. It was over $4 a gallon. Just because you say it wasn't doesn't make it true. Have you really forgotten people talking about a barrel of oil possibly hitting 150? The only way you would not remember this is if you were not a driver then. Are you old enough to remember 4 years ago? I was and I remember paying for gas. Please provide a link proving your point. Don't try too hard though because you are wrong. I expect you to come back here, admit you were wrong and apologize.

http://mediamatters....-in-2008/157979

Gas didn't fall until the economy went off the rails and demand dried up. Surely you, a republican, understand supply and demand. If you think gas will ever again be cheap during boom times, you are fooling yourself. The US isn't driving (pun not intended) prices right now, it's hundreds of millions of people in India and China that all want to own cars now.

#1004 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

You must have not had a car back in 2008 because I did and I remember well e price of gas. It was over $4 a gallon. Just because you say it wasn't doesn't make it true. Have you really forgotten people talking about a barrel of oil possibly hitting 150? The only way you would not remember this is if you were not a driver then. Are you old enough to remember 4 years ago? I was and I remember paying for gas. Please provide a link proving your point. Don't try too hard though because you are wrong. I expect you to come back here, admit you were wrong and apologize.

http://mediamatters....-in-2008/157979

Gas didn't fall until the economy went off the rails and demand dried up. Surely you, a republican, understand supply and demand. If you think gas will ever again be cheap during boom times, you are fooling yourself. The US isn't driving (pun not intended) prices right now, it's hundreds of millions of people in India and China that all want to own cars now.

He is 37 :shock:

#1005 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

Gas was $4 a gallon in the summer of 08. Gas fell to $1.65 a gallon that fall.

#1006 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

So I guess the revised numbers from July and August has dropped the unemployment rate below 8%. It is now 7.8%. I know that number is a little misleading to the overall jobs situation but Republicans kept focusing on the 8% idea and now it is below that so I will be interested to see how they spin it.

#1007 EdRyder

EdRyder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

I've come to the conclusion after talking to a conservative co-worker, that conservatives think they're beyond reproach. They spout half trues like they're fact (he mentioned the whole thing about Obama waiving work requirements for welfare). I just can't take it anymore, I'm not going to sit there and be lectured to by someone who can't even get their facts straight and cite fox news as a reliable source.

We've gone way beyond Faux News. That Conservative co-worker is being told a lot of those lies directly from the candidates mouths. That entire "Put the work back into welfare" line is coming from the GOP and being picked up by Fox News , Not the other way around.
It's frustrating I know , but have some mercy. That dude is being lied to at every turn. From small shit like Obama closed a GM plant in Wisconsin to big Fantasies like every-single-thing Romney claimed in the debates on Medicare.
Trust me I live in the redest of red states so I know how it can get maddening. But it really isn't that dudes fault for being "misinformed" or simply even "uninformed". We're way way beyond that.
He was straight up assaulted. They raped his brain. Cant blame the victim. Cant say "He needs to check his facts ." Because now we have 2 "versions" of the facts.(like we have 2 "versions" of science.) I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop and for Ryan to claim "The science isnt in on Math."

Seriously. When Romney looks dead at the president and says "I got a tax break for shipping jobs overseas? You must know something I dont." At hat point , Hes campaigning on the hope that none of us have common knowledge or common sense.

#1008 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

Well Ed, we live in the same redest of red states, so I know your pain.

#1009 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

So I guess the revised numbers from July and August has dropped the unemployment rate below 8%. It is now 7.8%. I know that number is a little misleading to the overall jobs situation but Republicans kept focusing on the 8% idea and now it is below that so I will be interested to see how they spin it.

Romney just said "It's not enough" in his speeches today apparently.

Not much they can say. Economy is still down, but the slow recover is clearly marching onward. Jobs are slowly coming back, the stock market has bounced almost all the way back etc. All they can try to say is that there proposed policies would have led to a stronger recovery.

#1010 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

OR you can accuse Obama of cooking the books!

http://www.huffingto..._n_1942200.html

#1011 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

Damn, here I thought they'd accept the number and move on.

#1012 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

I love yahoo...they like to make things into stories. How can you honestly think either of those polls are not biased in their methodology.

http://news.yahoo.co...-200400031.html
Posted Image

#1013 EdRyder

EdRyder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

Good News? Nothing will set crazy people off like good news. No surprise here. It doesn't surprise me either that Jack Welch thinks that jobs should be reflected in the GDP. Thats his school.(Cave man old -school) The only time Jack Welch meets short term growth is when he gets his prescriptions filled. Its like explaining the chicken and the egg to this guy. When the Economy first started to pick up we all asked "wheres the jobs?" Now that the jobs are pickin up Welch asks "Wheres the Economy?" Someone needs to tap dude on the shoulder and whisper "Hey , its called a recovery."

Thats what I'm talking about when I say we're in a strange new land. "It doesn't add up" Isn't enough. Has to be a conspiracy.

Romney has been smart on this. He's already been hitting that note that any improvement is: "In spite of Obama's policies" for a while now. Somebody gave him good advice.

#1014 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

I love yahoo...they like to make things into stories. How can you honestly think either of those polls are not biased in their methodology.

http://news.yahoo.co...-200400031.html

That story is from The Atlantic Wire, which is a liberal-leaning publication.

#1015 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:39 AM

That story is from The Atlantic Wire, which is a liberal-leaning publication.

My issue was less about who wrote the story and more about thinking those polls actually mean anything.
Posted Image

#1016 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:03 AM

Its been my experience that everyone who feels strongly one way or the other tends to believe their own bullshit. It feels just like sports, the call that goes against you is always wrong and the other team is always playing dirty.

#1017 ElwoodCuse

ElwoodCuse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

What a bunch of garbage. We Ask America is completely dismissible as a right-wing mouthpiece and Rasmussen is kinda reliable but still with a noted slant.
But when his drinking and lusting and his hunger for power became known to more and more people, the demands to do something about this outrageous man became louder and louder.

#1018 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

Its been my experience that everyone who feels strongly one way or the other tends to believe their own bullshit. It feels just like sports, the call that goes against you is always wrong and the other team is always playing dirty.

Exactly. This forum has a solid history of this.

#1019 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

Exactly. This forum has a solid history of this.

Not you of course, right?

#1020 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

my sig
wahhhhh noone helped me so they must not help anyone. - knoell