2012 Election Thread

• Please log in to reply
2253 replies to this topic

#1051 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

Read nasum's post about manufacturing again.

edit: The purpose of the auto bailout is different from investing in a company for profit.

But wait, I thought that idea was a profitable one. ;)

#1052 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

I was under the impression that the whole "Romney investing in Chinese companies" was a Bain thing; not a personal finances one. I think that's where we're missing each other. dafoomie and knoell didn't really clarify it when I brought up the examples of personal vs directorship, so I just ran with it because they're treating it as the same thing.

It's a rather dubious claim as we're now a global economy. Foreign investment isn't in and of itself a bad thing. Stuff made cheaper so that our consumer dollar can purchase more at retail. I mean hell, there hasn't been a video game actually printed on the disc in the US in ages.

The car thing is silly since those cars built in Asia aren't coming back here. The other side of that coin is that Toyotas sold in the US are built in the US by US workers. We don't purchase those cars with Yen and that money stays local when it is sold at a dealership and serviced anywhere. When the dealership buys the car from the manufacturer, maybe that money goes back to Japan. I've never really looked into that as it doesn't really concern me at any level.
Similar theory would be Target. The HQ is maybe 15 minutes from me but they collect and pay state sales taxes at each of their stores. Well, the payments are made from HQ but to each state's filing thing.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#1053 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

If I'm not mistaken my father's old GM truck was actually built in Canada. So yeah, buy American and all.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#1054 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

bah, canada is just America Jr.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#1055 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

*America's hat.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#1056 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

Quiet, pants.

Posted Image

#1057 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

We're the shirt, Mexico is the pants.

#1058 EdRyder

EdRyder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

I mean hell, there hasn't been a video game actually printed on the disc in the US in ages.

Just a pointless point: Not true. Common misconception since almost everything "big" is printed in Mexico. But quite a few companies still do this in the U.S. Like Coral Graphics (They make a lot of the physical Telltale games like the Back to the Future SE and the Sam and Max games) Duplium is another company that manufactures a lot of games as well as DVD's and software

#1059 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

well shit, that obviously invalidates everything I've ever said. Ever.
XBL - Nasum2

#1060 EdRyder

EdRyder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

:D Totally.
No dude I'm just babbllin' like I do. Useless Jeopardy knowledge to share.

#1061 Chase

Chase

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:02 AM

http://www.thedailyd...n-swing-states/

Uh. This seems like a bad idea.

#1062 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

I think this is a sign to take any and all underdog props for a Romney victory, Chase. Time to become a 1 percenter. :razz:
Posted Image

#1063 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:57 AM

Its a little removed, its far from the head of Diebold promising to deliver Ohio for Bush in 2004 (which he did).

#1064 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:01 AM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BD7CYLTndk
(worth the entire 19 minutes, she's an amazing journalist)

This is the segment she refers to, which is partially heard but not seen in that video.
http://www.cbsnews.c...ch/?id=7423828n

And today, this:
http://www.nytimes.c...-yousafzai.html

#1065 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

(worth the entire 19 minutes, she's an amazing journalist)

This is the segment she refers to, which is partially heard but not seen in that video.
http://www.cbsnews.c...ch/?id=7423828n

And today, this:
http://www.nytimes.c...-yousafzai.html

I have a crazy idea: how about you tell us why it's worth watching by giving a brief summary instead of directing us to another 15 minute video and another article without any context.

#1066 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:58 AM

I'd rather leave it up to the viewer to decide why it's worth watching.

#1067 Chase

Chase

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

I think this is a sign to take any and all underdog props for a Romney victory, Chase. Time to become a 1 percenter. :razz:

Tossing Mitt Romney in a parlay with Anderson Silva. Now I sorta want Stephan Bonnar to lose. ;)

I finally got around to watching the Jon Stewart-Bill O'Reilly debate from last Saturday. Actually a nice bit of political banter.

Someone had an upload of it on YouTube, but it has since been taken down due to copyright violation.

#1068 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

Stupid work. I really wanted to see Ryan and his wild crazy Scientology like stories. It will be awesome...

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#1069 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

her voice makes me think of that clarence carter song...
XBL - Nasum2

#1070 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

Why is this surprising?

To think that people would not have an opinion on who they want elected is ridiclous. I am sure there are a few Obama/Romney Supporters physically working on the machines as well.

That's not to say there shouldn't be a process to evaluate any machines used in voting, but to be shocked that people support a candidate one way or the other is a bit over the top.

#1071 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

Potentially our next VP. I am all for fitness and it is a good thing but these pictures do him no favors. Nothing to really add any intelligent conversation here but they made me chuckle. Oh yeah this is for TIME magazine.

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=28592

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=28593

MY FAVORITE!!!

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=28594

#1072 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

He needs to do some squats or something. His arms are nearly as large as his legs.
Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

#1073 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

Such a goober.

#1074 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

He needs to do some squats or something. His arms are nearly as large as his legs.

It's them running legs! How else do you do a marathon in 2h58mn?
XBL - Nasum2

#1075 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

So this is not a scientific poll by any means but it surprised the heck out of me. I am planning on watching the debate on the Xbox so I took some poll they were running. The final question was if the election was held today who would you vote for A Obama B Romney C Other D Undecided. To my surprise Romney had 57% to Obama's 31%. Not a number I thought I would see from an Xbox crowd.

#1076 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

But he has to focus on his glamour muscles!

Seriously, who thought those pictures were a good idea? It reminds me of this.

#1077 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

So this is not a scientific poll by any means but it surprised the heck out of me. I am planning on watching the debate on the Xbox so I took some poll they were running. The final question was if the election was held today who would you vote for A Obama B Romney C Other D Undecided. To my surprise Romney had 57% to Obama's 31%. Not a number I thought I would see from an Xbox crowd.

Gamer nerds tend to slant conservative/libertarian. It's a very white and very male demographic, so conservative rhetoric resonates more.

#1078 EdRyder

EdRyder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:46 AM

Whats with the inauthentic disingenuine smile all the time? Dude has something to hide

#1079 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:00 AM

With all the people on Xbox Live screaming $$$$er $$$$$$ into their mics, that doesn't surprise me at all.

#1080 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

I cannot believe that Ryan has the balls to say Obama is cutting defense.