Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:15 AM

so was it worth watching or was it just 90 mins of them blabbing about nothing
WOOOO I STINK

#1112 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:32 AM

I'm pretty sure its not worth watching unless you really just have the free time or are deathly curious. Any good zingers or exchanges will bubble up in the news as they get around to analyzing and fact checking things.

I havent watched either debate, and I dont plan to watch any of the future ones. I'm not an undecided voter and I feel like I already know both sides' answers to a comfortable degree. There really shouldnt be a lot of mystery here.

#1113 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:45 AM

I'm pretty sure its not worth watching unless you really just have the free time or are deathly curious. Any good zingers or exchanges will bubble up in the news as they get around to analyzing and fact checking things.

I havent watched either debate, and I dont plan to watch any of the future ones. I'm not an undecided voter and I feel like I already know both sides' answers to a comfortable degree. There really shouldnt be a lot of mystery here.

I know what you mean...I enjoy it because I'm a huge political junkie. It's also like watching WWF.:lol:

Lots of coded language from Ryan though. You can kinda tell how he was toning down the language of his rhetoric to make it more palatable.

#1114 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:55 AM

I tried to watch one of the primary debates, but I really couldnt deal with it for long. I dont expect the situation has changed. I consider myself to a be a political junkie, but I cant tolerate listening to Ryan or Romney for very long in one sitting. Hearing clips from the news is about as much as I can do.

#1115 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:59 AM

I know what you mean...I enjoy it because I'm a huge political junkie. It's also like watching WWF.:lol:

Lots of coded language from Ryan though. You can kinda tell how he was toning down the language of his rhetoric to make it more palatable.

I love how this all comes down to a race to the middle, that's really what it is. Starting out, each candidate couldn't be more different, but by the time you get to this point it really comes down to just a few differences.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#1116 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:04 AM

I tried to watch one of the primary debates, but I really couldnt deal with it for long. I dont expect the situation has changed. I consider myself to a be a political junkie, but I cant tolerate listening to Ryan or Romney for very long in one sitting. Hearing clips from the news is about as much as I can do.

All they've done is lighten up the language and the messages are still the same. One thing I've noticed is that Democratic narrative and message control is A LOT tighter this particular cycle. 2 years ago, it was total shit.

This was a good warm up for me to watch Stewart vs O'Reilly, which will probably be more exciting.

#1117 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:09 AM

I dont know how pundits and media people can stomach sitting through one of these things in person or in close proximity. To sit there quietly and just get flagrantly lied to from beginning to end. It has to be insulting. How do you not go Joe You Lie apeshit before storming out?

#1118 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:09 AM

I love how this all comes down to a race to the middle, that's really what it is. Starting out, each candidate couldn't be more different, but by the time you get to this point it really comes down to just a few differences.

I thought they couldn't be more different tonight, but "the middle" is dumb and by that, I mean they're stupid morons.

#1119 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

And the interviews! Most of the media know that the Romney tax plan is mathematically impossible garbage. And yet they ask for specific exemptions. They shouldnt be asking that. They should be explaining to the candidates face and all who are watching that their plan is bullshit.

#1120 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

Because your average $32k nimrod can't figure out that their 6.5% effective tax rate at a 15% bracket is significantly less than a 12% effective rate at the Romey 20% rate reduction. They just hear "taxes go down" and then flip back over to the kardashibooboos or whatever it is these days.

If either Ryan or Romney would have the balls to step up and say "these are the deductions that we're targeting" then I wouldn't hammer this point. Instead, they leave it to conjecture and it isn't terribly difficult to assume that they'll squeeze any little guy deduction while keeping deductions in play for the 7 figure or more crowd.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#1121 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

Funny stuff, Joe Biden meme's hitting the internet

http://memegenerator...ndescending-Joe

http://memegenerator...iden-Debate-Why
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1122 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

Yeah....Joe Biden acts like he is insane, and Obama himself said that he is a one term deal if he can't fix the economy. And, well, every promise he made about the economy has fallen through. I mean when your deficit is WORSE than 8 years of BUSH in ONE TERM, because of methods promised to already take effect. It hits a point where the 50th "we need more time" just shows incompetence.

Romney...oh gosh man. Your record proves you are a smart businessman, but just please stop trying to act like a "normal guy". It's insulting.

And that concludes my yearly visit to the Political forum. Good Day, all. See you next year.
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1123 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

Thank you for your highly nuanced insight. It's a shame that we're graced with your presence so seldomly:roll:

#1124 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

Posted ImageI hope she croaks soon...

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#1125 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

Googled "Study it out" colloquial and turned up instances of it being said by what appear to be Christian fundamentalists/evangelicals.

I thought it was just a regional thing (it still might be, it sounds strange to me) and wanted to know where it was from.

#1126 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

funny stuff, joe biden meme's hitting the internet

http://memegenerator...ndescending-joe

http://memegenerator...iden-debate-why

this is funny

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#1127 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

Yeah....Joe Biden acts like he is insane, and Obama himself said that he is a one term deal if he can't fix the economy. And, well, every promise he made about the economy has fallen through. I mean when your deficit is WORSE than 8 years of BUSH in ONE TERM, because of methods promised to already take effect. It hits a point where the 50th "we need more time" just shows incompetence.

Romney...oh gosh man. Your record proves you are a smart businessman, but just please stop trying to act like a "normal guy". It's insulting.

And that concludes my yearly visit to the Political forum. Good Day, all. See you next year.

Why are you so scared to discuss the issues?

#1128 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

I thought they couldn't be more different tonight, but "the middle" is dumb and by that, I mean they're stupid morons.

Eh, I'd say the VP candidates don't really even count, it isn't their platform the campaign is running on. Lately Romney himself has been inching towards the middle with some of his remarks.

Btw, what was it a few years ago that "some" people were saying about flip flopping? Can't remember what that was....
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#1129 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

Posted ImageI hope she croaks soon...

That kind of thing kills me. She probably buys products made in China, which in turn is helping the Chinese economy. And since China is usually the typical example when one is discussing communism....

It's just ridiculous.

#1130 ID2006

ID2006

"Klaymen, up here!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

I don't know about that. At least with the segment about Afghanistan, Ryan couldn't seem to distance himself enough without pulling himself back in.

"We agree with the incumbents' plan. We'll be out by the end of 2014! But we disagree, and we aren't going to say when we'll be out! But we'll be out by then. Geez, people, you're letting the terrorists know our secret date. Now they'll save up their attacks!" :roll:

I'm joking. The differences for the most part were stark.

#1131 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

I don't know about that. At least with the segment about Afghanistan, Ryan couldn't seem to distance himself enough without pulling himself back in.

"We agree with the incumbents' plan. We'll be out by the end of 2014! But we disagree, and we aren't going to say when we'll be out! But we'll be out by then. Geez, people, you're letting the terrorists know our secret date. Now they'll save up their attacks!" :roll:

I'm joking. The differences for the most part were stark.

He doesn't want them to know, because he would rather US troops die over there then the Afghanistan forces themselves.

Or something to that affect at the end of the segment. I was laughing too hard to hear everything he was trying to say.

#1132 EdRyder

EdRyder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

That kind of thing kills me. She probably buys products made in China, which in turn is helping the Chinese economy. And since China is usually the typical example when one is discussing communism....

It's just ridiculous.

See what kills me is this is an aspect of the whole "low information voter" thing that's made up media bullshit. Dont get me wrong , she's clearly a low information holder but,shes not a passive entity. Shes right there at the debates. She's an active participant.

#1133 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

See what kills me is this is an aspect of the whole "low information voter" thing that's made up media bullshit. Dont get me wrong , she's clearly a low information holder but,shes not a passive entity. Shes right there at the debates. She's an active participant.

She can't be a low-info voter when she said she "studied it out.":lol:

But holy Fuck, would it have killed her to give 1 or 2 details about why she thinks he a fucking commie?

#1134 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

It's just ridiculous.

Just like all the folks rallying against big business buy iPhones and gasoline, eh?
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#1135 EdRyder

EdRyder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

I Just cant understand the desire to paint it like these people are at home watching Thursday night football instead of the debates.

No , these are the people that had their egg scrambled

#1136 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

A lack of accurate information never stopped anyone from speaking their mind, unfortunately.

#1137 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

Just like all the folks rallying against big business buy iPhones and gasoline, eh?

You rally against government and yet still use government provided services. I know I know, not the same, right? Now explain why...yeah that's it...now we say you're full of shit as usual...ok we're done.

#1138 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

You rally against government and yet still use government provided services. I know I know, not the same, right? Now explain why...yeah that's it...now we say you're full of shit as usual...ok we're done.

:rofl:

#1139 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

You rally against government and yet still use government provided services.

Services I'm forced to pay for?

Does Apple or BP threaten to come into you home and detain you if you don't give them money?
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#1140 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

Fair enough, go ahead and define small business for the group... I'll be putting some popcorn in the nuker while I wait.

Listen dafoomie, there is a finite amount of corn in this world to be popped and only so much room in my belly...
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2