2253 replies to this topic

#2071 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

You're all jerkfaces.

YOU'RE THE JERKFACE.

What I am saying is that you have the FACE OF JERK.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#2072 ID2006

ID2006

"Klaymen, up here!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

http://www.rollingst...voters-20121108

Interesting read. Some laughs, too.

I like the part where he can't understand how the figurehead minority representatives in his party can't seem to attract actual minority voters.

#2073 EdRyder

EdRyder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

All these examples . . . Latinos! We're not going to get the Latino vote by opening the borders and saying, you know what? Let anybody in who wants to come in.

The party is split now between people that think its the ideology and people who believe it was simply the weakness of their candidate. The lines have been drawn in the litterbox.

SE Cupp was talking about why Romney lost yesterday. She tried to weave this narrative where , it was the wrong year to run the guy that created socialized healthcare in his own State , and then turnaround and try to be the guy that runs against that position.
I couldn't stop laughing. As if theres a "good" year to do that.

#2074 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

The party is split now between people that think its the ideology and people who believe it was simply the weakness of their candidate. The lines have been drawn in the litterbox.

SE Cupp was talking about why Romney lost yesterday. She tried to weave this narrative where , it was the wrong year to run the guy that created socialized healthcare in his own State , and then turnaround and try to be the guy that runs against that position.
I couldn't stop laughing. As if theres a "good" year to do that.

I don't follow conservative media, but I'm guessing that they're saying that the ideological message wasn't conservative enough?

#2075 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

I don't follow conservative media, but I'm guessing that they're saying that the ideological message wasn't conservative enough?

#2076 EdRyder

EdRyder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

No I think Cupp made it clear that shes in the "it was the candidate" camp. (Which I think is ridiculous) Whereas Rush can only paint with an absurd brush : as if anything that might honestly address Latino voters is "catering".
Take the DeLorean back to that horror movie that was the primaries and you have Santorum building a fence ,the pizza guy electrifying it , and the default nominee asking people to "Self Deport". Every opportunity to embrace that community presented itself( especially given The Presidents deportation policies) and they answered with wheeling out a Marco Rubio Hand Truck.

#2077 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

No I think Cupp made it clear that shes in the "it was the candidate" camp. (Which I think is ridiculous) Whereas Rush can only paint with an absurd brush : as if anything that might honestly address Latino voters is "catering".
Take the DeLorean back to that horror movie that was the primaries and you have Santorum building a fence ,the pizza guy electrifying it , and the default nominee asking people to "Self Deport". Every opportunity to embrace that community presented itself( especially given The Presidents deportation policies) and they answered with wheeling out a Marco Rubio Hand Truck.

As detestable as most of Perry's stances are, he was the one guy that said anything close to bringing in Latinos. He took a lot of shit for it too. I don't even think Huntsman had anything to say about it.

#2078 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

Well it only took one day for Boehner to draw a line in the sand after saying he would work with the President.

http://news.yahoo.co...-173931049.html

#2079 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

Called it...LOLZ

#2080 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

How the hell does that video not have the best line?

"No, dig up, stupid!"

Posted Image

#2081 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

How the hell does that video not have the best line?

"No, dig up, stupid!"

I like to think it adds to the metaphor that that simple light bulb of logic never went off in their brains they're gonna be stuck in that hole for the foreseeable future.

#2082 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

Blatantly stolen from the "white people mourn" tumblr:

Posted Image

Not blatantly stolen from tumblr: http://bigstory.ap.o...-twitter-tirade

Posted Image

#2083 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

Yeah, some idiots I knew in high school have been posting worries about Obama taking their guns on Facebook.

Amazing how ignorant many people are in shit they worry about, especially in backwoods places like WV.

#2084 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

I have not even looked at my Facebook in about a week. I sometimes wonder how I grew up with half the people on my "friends" list.

Well I just went and looked. To my surprise there was very little back and forth in my news feed. About a half dozen pissed off people and one guy who basically said if you were dumb enough to vote Obama he did not want to be friends. I obliged him of course but only after reading about how hard he works and people are lazy and taking food out his kids mouths. I really wanted to ask him how is it if you are working so hard and are so successful that a small raise in taxes would make you unable to afford food. It is such hyperbole.

Edited by cancerman1120, 09 November 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#2085 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Yeah, some idiots I knew in high school have been posting worries about Obama taking their guns on Facebook.

Amazing how ignorant many people are in shit they worry about, especially in backwoods places like WV.

Just take a look at the stock price of RGR. Those idiots are like gold for gun companies.

#2086 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

Found out last night that my parent's pastor went off when he found out my dad voted for Obama. Romney opposing the auto bailout was enough to make my dad vote against him as he worked in a shop for 30+ years. The pastor couldn't believe that my dad would vote for a 'murderer' - his term for Obama since Obama 'supports abortion'. Ugh. Nothing about drone strikes or any other issues, just abortion.

A relative of mine on facebook posted this:

This seems like a good time to reflect on what must be a universal American experience - living half your life under a president you would not have chosen. I have, you have, probably all of us have. We don't like it, but we accept it and move on. Somehow, we survive, despite partisan hyperbole to the contrary - some happy with the outcome and others not, but life will go on. The test of any democracy is the concept of "loyal opposition" - the idea that the losers agree to go home, be governed by the winners and try again next time. Power changes hands, or doesn't, peacefully, with no shots fired and no blood shed - a rare thing in human history and not universal in the world even today. It's a pretty great thing, and win or lose, we all should feel fortunate to be a part of it.

Which got this as a response from someone I don't know:

This time may well be different. President Obama has flagrantly violated the constitution time and again. May his time come swiftly. It is time to realize that he is not and was never eligible to be president. Patriots must unite against his iron fist.

I guess there's a lot of morons in the world.

#2087 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

This iron fist may be the biggest fallacy the right has ever created and people truly believe it. People will try to stretch anything they can into tyranny. My brother in-law was raging how Obama was limiting gun rights because the EPA wants to or is phasing out lead bullets. It is just lunacy. I really cannot think of any real way my life is different than it was 4 years ago as far as my every day freedom is concerned. I just don't see it.

#2088 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

A friend of a friend was saying he was going to vote for Romney, because Obama made it difficult to buy bullets. The ironic thing is Obama didn't do a single thing to firearms or bullets. It was mostly the NRA and people like Limbaugh scaring people into thinking that Obama was going to take everyone's guns away (as if that is even possible) that made gun owners hoard bullets, which resulted in them being scarce.

#2089 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

What's even better about the myth of "Anti-Gun Obama" is that the Brady Organization gave him an F in all categories of gun control while Bush had better grades. That means that Bush was more anti-gun than Obama. Mitt passed anti-assault weapon legislation as Gov. As a senator Obama voted AGAINST a similar nationwide bill.

Cognitive dissonance.

You'd think they'd come to terms with some black dude from chicago is probably pretty cool with guns... It's like their racism can't come to terms with reality, so they fall back on some sort of fantasy that the Obama Wagon is coming to their neighborhood to abort the babies and take the guns.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#2090 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

What's even better about the myth of "Anti-Gun Obama" is that the Brady Organization gave him an F in all categories of gun control while Bush had better grades. That means that Bush was more anti-gun than Obama. Mitt passed anti-assault weapon legislation as Gov. As a senator Obama voted AGAINST a similar nationwide bill.

Cognitive dissonance.

You'd think they'd come to terms with some black dude from chicago is probably pretty cool with guns... It's like their racism can't come to terms with reality, so they fall back on some sort of fantasy that the Obama Wagon is coming to their neighborhood to abort the babies and take the guns.

If you think that a senator or congressperson's votes necessarily reflect their views or desires you have a lot to learn about politics.

#2091 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

Well I wonder if conservatives will be talking about this tid-bit.

Democratic House Candidates Received More Votes Than Republicans

http://www.huffingto..._n_2096978.html

I guess democracy is dead. Time to march on Washington! Start the revolution!!!

#2092 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

If you think that a senator or congressperson's votes necessarily reflect their views or desires you have a lot to learn about politics.

Vague observations about human nature doesn't amount to a solid argument, if you're trying to play some angle that Obama actually is somehow taking guns/bullets away.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#2093 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Cognitive dissonance.

That's what the second term is for.

#2094 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Vague observations about human nature doesn't amount to a solid argument, if you're trying to play some angle that Obama actually is somehow taking guns/bullets away.

I'm not pretending to know his actual plans. Stating that he doesn't simply because he voted against some bill in the senate isn't a valid conclusion. That's all I'm saying.

#2095 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

For those who like to read Taibbi

http://www.rollingst...voters-20121108

Small excerpt:

Modern Republicans "have so much of their own collective identity wrapped up in the belief that they're surrounded by free-loading, job-averse parasites who not only want to smoke weed and have recreational abortions all day long, but want hardworking white Christians like them to pay the tab," Taibbi wrote. "Their whole belief system...is inherently insulting to everyone outside the tent – and you can't win votes when you're calling people lazy, stoned moochers."

#2096 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

So right not the total vote count has Obama about 8 million votes behind what got in 2008. The crazy thing (at least to me) is that 3.5 million of those lost votes are from two big blue states New York (4.8 vs 3.9 million) and California (8.3 vs 5.7 million). I am not completely sure what to make of it though. Is this just apathy of living in state you know is going blue? Or is it an actual protest against his 1st 4 years? I mean the thing being said right now is that Obama is the first President to be re-elected with a slimmer margin but when over 40% of your lost votes come from these 2 states I am not sure the popular vote means much. I think it is more telling that Romney will most likely receive less votes than McCain considering the GOP was much more energized to get rid of Obama.

#2097 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

So right not the total vote count has Obama about 8 million votes behind what got in 2008. The crazy thing (at least to me) is that 3.5 million of those lost votes are from two big blue states New York (4.8 vs 3.9 million) and California (8.3 vs 5.7 million). I am not completely sure what to make of it though. Is this just apathy of living in state you know is going blue? Or is it an actual protest against his 1st 4 years? I mean the thing being said right now is that Obama is the first President to be re-elected with a slimmer margin but when over 40% of your lost votes come from these 2 states I am not sure the popular vote means much. I think it is more telling that Romney will most likely receive less votes than McCain considering the GOP was much more energized to get rid of Obama.

I think there are simple explanations for this. A lot of people, especially young voters, voted for the novelty of voting for the first black president and there wasn't that much outreach this time.

#2098 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

A hard-right republican friend of mine just posted this on twitter. If you can ignore the source (and definitely the comments) it's a interesting commentary.

http://www.breitbart...ed-Its-Own-Vote

The Obama campaign obviously nailed the tech and social media side of things. I wonder what could have been different.

Oh, and there were plenty of introspective conservatives after the election. They weren't the ones with national radio voices, but they are there. It's clear that Romney lost a lot of votes for a lot of reasons - bain, dog on roof, opposing the auto bailout, the list goes on and on. I don't think for a minute that the reason was that he "wasn't conservative enough". Anyone who though that he wasn't conservative enough probably voted for him to vote against Obama.

#2099 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2...jets/?hpt=hp_t3

Iran fires on unmanned US Drone that may or may not have been in Iranian Air Space.

Obama Administration keeps all information under wraps until after the election because it's "classified".

Obama - Keeping his promise of an open and transparent administration since never.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#2100 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

That Project Orca sounds like the scariest thing in the world. I wonder if both candidates do this type of thing?

"Project Orca was supposed to enable poll watchers to record voter names on their smartphones, by listening for names as voters checked in. This would give the campaign real-time turnout data, so they could redirect GOTV resources throughout the day where it was most needed. They recruited 37,000 swing state volunteers for this."